Jerec vs Cronal

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ursumeles
*Force only*

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Cronal does to Jerec what he did to his daughter.

Deronn_solo
Dunno.

Cronal's combative diplays of the Force is lacking. Sans some hype, all of his feats were accomplished with preperation of some kind.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Cronal does to Jerec what he did to his daughter.
For anyone who doesn't know, Cronal literally raped his daughter.

NewGuy01
Yeah, yeah, we got it, thanks anyways. Jerec stomps, btw.

Deronn_solo
Yeah, Blackhole seems to be more of a prep master and tactician than an actual face-to-face fighter. Think Thrawn, only with Force powers to drive his efforts.

Jerec on the other hand, is a beast across the board. A gesture of his was one-shotting Jedi Masters, and collapsing ship supporting structures.

Trocity
Jerec should win rather easily.

Ursumeles
Cronal does to Jerec what he did to his daughter. Raisins?

Rockydonovang
Cronal is indicated to be Vader plus, has mastered knowledge not even Sidious, and was holistically shown as a second coming of Palps.

Crornal stomps

DarthAnt66
Everything you said can be said for Jerec too, lmfao. ^

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Jerec is never indicated to truly be on par with Vader, much less above, his knowledge literally comes from one of Sidious' tomes IIRC, and was definitely not meant to be a second coming of Palps.

Cronal has power rivaling Vastor's, mastery of abilities the sith can't fully grasp, captured Dathka Graush's spirit and consumed its knowledge, was heavily implied to be a sort of second coming of Palpatine, and above Vader, etc.

And as far as I'm concerned, neither character in this fight has feats to match their hype, but Cronal's is/are better, imo.

DarthAnt66
I never said Jerec is better than Cronal. I said the three specific reasons Kbro listed also, ironically, applied to Jerec.

For example, Jerec is said to have powers on par with Vader as of the start of the game, IIRC.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Well, I was outlining in my first sentence how none of those things apply to Jerec. There is that one quote at the start of the game, but I recall it being explicitly contradicted in other sources. and on par =/= better, tbh.

Zenwolf
Jerec is never indicated to truly be on par with Vader, much less above, his knowledge literally comes from one of Sidious' tomes IIRC, and was definitely not meant to be a second coming of Palps.

Cronal has power rivaling Vastor's, mastery of abilities the sith can't fully grasp, captured Dathka Graush's spirit and consumed its knowledge, was heavily implied to be a sort of second coming of Palpatine, and above Vader, etc.

And as far as I'm concerned, neither character in this fight has feats to match their hype, but Cronal's is/are better, imo.

Well technically Cronal does have feats thanks to the Sorcerers of Rhand. I mean a Darkshear strike could end Jerec almost immediately. Though yeah, his hype is better.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
That too, yeah.

Jerec dies. thumb up

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
For example, Jerec is said to have powers on par with Vader as of the start of the game, IIRC.
That is blatantly different form being superior to someone.
I never said Jerec is better than Cronal. I said the three specific reasons Kbro listed also, ironically, applied to Jerec.

Please elaborate. Because I'm questioning the accuracy of that claim based on what you just said.

Deronn_solo

Jerec actually has combative displays of power, Cronal has nothing but dubious hype, some self-created by his own musings.

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by Deronn_solo
Jerec actually has combative displays of power, Cronal has nothing but dubious hype, some self-created by his own musings.

Ah yes, that one scene were he does...something?

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
Ah yes, that one scene were he does...something?

Well he essentially one shotted Jedi Master Rahn. Well...ok two shotted I guess, given he stunned and then struck him down with a saber.

He used TK against Kyle.

I mean Cronal does have some combat in him, he trained Irek Ismaren(Lord Nyax) and essentially stomped him in a saber duel when the latter lost his temper, who by that point was sufficiently trained.

MythLord

Given the source opens up by saying it's information may be false, and only serves for gameplay mechanics, I wouldn't take this seriously.

Looking at the quote closer, you'd see it refers to powers in plural, so it could refer to versatility.

And this whole "rival of Vader, greater than Vader, second coming of Sidious" is literal bullsh!t hype that's been given to Joruus, Kueller, Brakiss and God knows how many others. It means nothing.

Jerec wins.

Zenwolf
I see this more as a who strikes first thing.

Kurk
Deputy Minister Jerec of Mandalore can fight? That's pretty cool wink

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/9/96/Deputy_Minister_Jerec.png

Unbowed
I don't know much about Cronal but Jerec was unlucky to be born just when the Banite line culminated and you had Plagueis(whose midichlorian manipulation brought him to the cusp of godhood), Sidious and the Chosen One.

In any other time he could have been the reigning Dark Lord.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
When? Ragnos' time? Kun's time? Revan's time? Vitiate's? Krayt's?

NewGuy01
Bane's.

Unbowed
Any other time in the Banite Order is what I meant.

If you really think about it Jerec is really impressive. He was just this random Jedi bookworm with no special potential or relationship to the Force like the Skywalkers, not noted to be a prodigy and not coming from any impressive "lineage" of training, like Yoda>Dooku>Qui-Gon>Obi-Wan>Anakin.

Now take someone like Dooku, who was noted by Yoda to be a prodigy and one of the most powerful and celebrated members of the Jedi. And after some 6-7 decades as a Jedi he has another decade of apprenticeship under Sidious himself, after which even Yoda remarked he grew more powerful.

Jerec on the other hand only had whatever scraps of knowledge he found on his expeditions and whatever scraps of knowledge he got as an Inquisitor under Palpatine, which we know was purposely very limited. Palpatine even cut off Jerec's access to the Dark Side Compendium. Why do that if he didn't consider him a legitimate theat?

In spite of that he still managed to become about as powerful as Dooku, or comparable(but weaker) to Vader. But what if he had spent one or two decades as a proper apprentice in the Banite line and had access to their main teachings?

Deronn_solo
Yeah, Jerec was an absolute monster, tbh. thumb up

Fated Xtasy
erm

i don't deny Jerec's great and all, but his performance is lackluster, tbh.

Especially given the conflicting sources on how he fought and all

Kurk
What about Deputy Minister Jerec? He's pretty cool, right?

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by Kurk
What about Deputy Minister Jerec? He's pretty cool, right?

Go home, and rethink your life, Kurk.

Kurk
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
Go home, and rethink your life, Kurk.
I do that all the time. Do you think you're hot sh1t? It's not like you'll ever be the deputy minister of something.

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by Kurk
I do that all the time. Do you think you're hot sh1t? It's not like you'll ever be the deputy minister of something.

*Shrug Maybe not yet, but eventually.

Unfortunately, for now, the devil's a part timer. :3

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.