Rank these movie beings by intelligence

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TethAdamTheRock
Tony Stark
Bruce Banner
Batman
Jor El
Ozymandus
Dr Manhatten
Green Goblin
Dr. Strange
Lex Luthor
Cisco (Flash CW)
Spiderman (smartest version)
The Borg Queen

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by TethAdamTheRock
Tony Stark
Bruce Banner
Batman
Jor El
Ozymandus
Dr Manhatten
Green Goblin
Dr. Strange
Lex Luthor
Cisco (Flash CW)
The Borg Queen

Damn! This is the movie vs forum, so that means we are talking about mivie intelligence....

Id say.

Tony
Bruce
Batman
Strange
Lex
Goblin
And the others i dont know.

Silent Master
Batman has zero feats to justify being in 3rd place.

ShadowFyre
He had lots of money that other people made and just bought a bunch of military shit. Most uneducated hobos could replicate the majority of Batman's "intelligence" feats.

playa1258
Jor-El
Tony Stark
Bruce Banner
Ozy
Green Goblin
Doctor Manhattan
Spider-man
Lex Luthor
Bruce Wayne

Lex and Bruce really don't have the feats yet.

Silent Master
They're unlikely to get any major intelligence feats, DC is more about the big over-the-top action scenes, they're not going to waste time showing Batman inventing some piece of technology.

playa1258
Batman has lots of new gear in the upcoming JL film.

I don't know if he invented it himself or bought it and modified it.

KingD19
How is Lex so low? He made Doomsday from Zod's corpse and masterminded Batman and Superman going into all our war.

Silent Master
Originally posted by playa1258
Batman has lots of new gear in the upcoming JL film.

I don't know if he invented it himself or bought it and modified it.

He uses a lot of military style gadgets, there is absolutely no indication that he invented any of the stuff he uses.

Sable
Tony Stark
Bruce Banner
Batman
Jor El
Ozymandus
Dr Manhatten
Green Goblin
Dr. Strange
Lex Luthor
Cisco (Flash CW)
The Borg Queen

Doctor Manhattan
Ozy
Jor El
Stark
Luthor
Bruce
Green goblin

Those are the ones that matter

relentless1
Dr Manhattan
Tony Stark
Ozymandias
Cisco (Flash CW)
Batman
Bruce Banner
Lex Luthor
Dr. Strange
Jor El
Green Goblin

playa1258
Damn forgot to put Manhattan at one.

Sable
Joe El was part of a highly advanced Civilization 100,000 year ahead of earth and he was the smartest person on Krypton. Which is why he is above Tony in smarts, but Ozy outsmarted a god which is why he's #2 in my book.

Silent Master
Originally posted by relentless1
Dr Manhattan
Tony Stark
Ozymandias
Cisco (Flash CW)
Batman
Bruce Banner
Lex Luthor
Dr. Strange
Jor El
Green Goblin

What did Batman do to rank that highly?

h1a8
Silent hardly ever participates, he only criticizes arguments made for D.C. characters. He has never criticized Quanchi.

But I agree with him here. Batman shouldn't be so high.

Silent Master
Originally posted by h1a8
Silent hardly ever participates, he only criticizes arguments made for D.C. characters. He has never criticized Quanchi.

But I agree with him here. Batman shouldn't be so high.

Just like H1, basing all his arguments on emotion rather than fact. Most anyone on this board or herochat can tell you that I have a long history of disagreeing with Quan.

h1a8
Tony Stark
Bruce Banner
Batman
Jor El
Ozymandus
Dr Manhatten
Green Goblin
Dr. Strange
Lex Luthor
Cisco (Flash CW)
The Borg Queen

Batman Lex Spider-Man Strange Goblin are last.

Manhattan, Jor El, Ozy, Stark Banner, Cisco, and Borg Queen are tops.

playa1258
Originally posted by KingD19
How is Lex so low? He made Doomsday from Zod's corpse and masterminded Batman and Superman going into all our war. Yeah you got a good point. I would be good in bumping Lex up.

playa1258
Originally posted by Silent Master
He uses a lot of military style gadgets, there is absolutely no indication that he invented any of the stuff he uses. That was true for the Nolan version. Jury still out on Batfleck.

Surtur

He hired someone else to invent something for him, lol. Or rather he just plunders the shit people at Wayne Tech have already made.

Remember, this guy is so smart it never occurs to him his fusion reactor thing could be used as a weapon until someone else points it out.

playa1258
Yeah the OP does not make it clear if we are using the Nolan version or DCEU version.

TethAdamTheRock
Both

Sable
Batman didn't even make my list. He had other people invent all his tech, mainly Fox, in which it was already made. He painted them black. His company was bankrupted his own house burned down by being outsmarted by others. He inherits his money from his father. He can't even fight well. He basically sucks.

Silent Master
That was true for the Nolan version. Jury still out on Batfleck.

Until the jury is back, Batman belongs at the bottom of the list.

playa1258
Yes definitely for now.

KingD19
DCEU Batman however is smart enough to figure out the identities of the entire Justice League on a whim basically.

Silent Master
Given his level of resources, How much intelligence did that actually take?

Surtur
Supermans space dad is probably pretty smart.

relentless1

created his own gear which includes a plane, all purpose tank, the flying fox, the mech suit any and all other weapons/gear in the batcave.

Its expressly shown in the film that Bruce and Alfred are making their own tech at the beginning of BvS when we meet Alfred hs modifying the cowl armour so maybe you should watch that film silent cuz you clearly haven't seen it.

On top of that Snyder and his wife have made many comments regarding Bruce building and modifying his gear on his own.

Quotes from Snyder himself:

"Batman will have more than one Batsuit that he’s continually modifying for the adventures that are gonna be had in this film"

Deborah Snyder responds, “It’s safe to say that I think Alfred and Bruce are building a lot of tech that helps them all. And I think you’ll see a lot more of that.”

"Alfred and Bruce develop an advanced suit in the “final chapter” of this story to fit the needs of the mission."

Silent Master
created his own gear which includes a plane, all purpose tank, the flying fox, the mech suit any and all other weapons/gear in the batcave

Where is it stated that he invented them?

playa1258
Nothing is saying he didn't either.

Silent Master
Nothing is saying he didn't either.

Nothing was said that Batman doesn't have telepathy and the ability to clone himself ala Multiple man.

Are you claiming that he has those powers?

playa1258
No, just saying we don't know if he did or did not invent his technology/weapons.

Silent Master
No, just saying we don't know if he did or did not invent his technology/weapons.

We also don't know that he does or doesn't have telepathy or the ability to make duplicates of himself.

So why aren't you arguing that he might have those powers?

playa1258
No I wasn't.

Silent Master
No I wasn't.

That's the point of my question. why aren't you arguing that Batman might have those powers?

Arachnid1
Dr Manhattan
Tony Stark
Ozymandias
Cisco (Flash CW)
Batman
Bruce Banner
Lex Luthor
Dr. Strange
Jor El
Green Goblin I think I'd agree mostly with this though Jor El should be higher. He was a lead scientist on a planet far more advanced than ours. That implies he'd be pretty up there. I'd also put Banner and Lex above Batman. Which version of Batman is this btw? He didn't make his own tech in TDK and I think he had people make his tech in the BvS (people were fixing up the Batmobile if I remember correctly, though this may be wrong).

Dr Manhattan
Cisco (Flash CW)
Tony Stark
Ozymandias
Jor El
Bruce Banner
Lex Luthor
Batman
Dr. Strange
Green Goblin

Also, I rank Cisco high because he pulls fake science BS out of his ass constantly. Not only is he an engineering genius who can make an anti-machine for just about every super power, he understands the inner workings of interdimensional and time travel well enough to make tech to make that kind of stuff capable.

I'm also struggling with whether or not Dr. Manhattan should be up there. He himself isn't inherently smart. He was outsmarted by Ozy, and all of his feats boil down to matter manipulation he can manage just because of his powers. He was also philosophically outdone by Silk Spectre. He can see a lot thanks to his powers, but I don't think he himself is that smart.

Given his level of resources, How much intelligence did that actually take? Not much since some of them were taken by satellite and the others were videos and pictures taken by other he secured if I remember correctly.

Sable
He was outsmarted by Ozy only because he was able to block his foresight. His powers give him some of his smarts, he was putting together machines that recreated his godly power without any training or knowledge whatsoever. He is easily the smartest. On earth he was a lead scientist, which was amplified greatly. He would not have known how to build those machines as a human.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Sable
He was outsmarted by Ozy only because he was able to block his foresight. His powers give him some of his smarts, he was putting together machines that recreated his godly power without any training or knowledge whatsoever. He is easily the smartest. On earth he was a lead scientist, which was amplified greatly. He would not have known how to build those machines as a human. Yeah but him getting his powers was a complete accident. He was a nuclear physicist who was tampering with "intrinsic fields" (made up). He and his coworkers were trying to figure out how this made up concept works. Every test failed and resulted in the disintegration of the object being tested in their chamber. He wasn't sure how it actually worked, but was learning before the accident that disintegrated him and gave him his powers.

He made a machine messing with something he didn't yet understand and that backfired. I'd put Cisco above that.

The fact that he needs to be able to see the future to not be outsmarted by Ozy also says tons. It's not like Ozy himself can see the future. He just outplayed him.

Inhuman
Lois Lane Wonder Woman were shown to be superior detectives in BvS than Batman

relentless1
Where is it stated that he invented them?

ah, so i see you fail to address the director/ producers statements on the matter, as well as the on screen building of several things inside the Batcave during BvS. DCEU batman has been shown to create his own stuff or at the very least remake and retool WayneTech prototypes by himself which takes a large level of intelligence; this Bruce Wayne isn't just painting stuff black.

relentless1
Also Doc would be tops not because of his inherent intelligence but the fact that his powers grant him nigh omnipotence makes his the smartest man on the list by default

Silent Master
ah, so i see you fail to address the director/ producers statements on the matter, as well as the on screen building of several things inside the Batcave during BvS. DCEU batman has been shown to create his own stuff or at the very least remake and retool WayneTech prototypes by himself which takes a large level of intelligence; this Bruce Wayne isn't just painting stuff black.

I can post clips of people putting computers together, that doesn't mean they invented the computers.

We go by feats here.

Sable
Originally posted by Arachnid1
Yeah but him getting his powers was a complete accident. He was a nuclear physicist who was tampering with "intrinsic fields" (made up). He and his coworkers were trying to figure out how this made up concept works. Every test failed and resulted in the disintegration of the object being tested in their chamber. He wasn't sure how it actually worked, but was learning before the accident that disintegrated him and gave him his powers.

He made a machine messing with something he didn't yet understand and that backfired. I'd put Cisco above that.

The fact that he needs to be able to see the future to not be outsmarted by Ozy also says tons. It's not like Ozy himself can see the future. He just outplayed him.

This is only one was of looking at it. He doesn't need to see into the future to be smart, as I said he was building machines that re created his power. He is above Cisco in terms of technical ability, him creating something that blocked his foresight isnt being stupid. He wasn't planning on Ozy stabbing him the back, Cisco would have fallen for the same trap because he is gullible and been tricked many times.

Arachnid1
This is only one was of looking at it. He doesn't need to see into the future to be smart, as I said he was building machines that re created his power. He is above Cisco in terms of technical ability, him creating something that blocked his foresight isnt being stupid. He wasn't planning on Ozy stabbing him the back, Cisco would have fallen for the same trap because he is gullible and been tricked many times. Cisco has built tech that allows interdimensional travel, and engineered weapons that work against all kinds of abilities that people don't even really understand. He also figured out how time travel works in its entirety. I'd put that kind of technological and general know how above the Doc making a single machine that failed at what it was actually supposed to do. Cisco could probably make that same machine and actually make it work if he was in their world or if the concept existed in his world.

Agreed on the Ozy point though.

relentless1
I can post clips of people putting computers together, that doesn't mean they invented the computers.

We go by feats here.

wayne building tech is a feat you dummy lol, or are we just counting what you THINK is a feat; youre such a batman hater man you shouldn't even bother posting here its clear that you can't be unbiased or have a proper opinion about anything

Sable
Cisco has built tech that allows interdimensional travel, and engineered weapons that work against all kinds of abilities that people don't even really understand. He also figured out how time travel works in its entirety. I'd put that kind of technological and general know how above the Doc making a single machine that failed at what it was actually supposed to do. Cisco could probably make that same machine and actually make it work if he was in their world or if the concept existed in his world.

Agreed on the Ozy point though.

Ok so we agree Ozy tricked and stabbed him in the back and Cisco has been tricked and back stabbed before, regardless of how smart he is?

Doc made more then one machine, he made like 20 of them or more and they were all teleported to different US cities because they were going to be used as clean power plants.

Silent Master
wayne building tech is a feat you dummy lol, or are we just counting what you THINK is a feat; youre such a batman hater man you shouldn't even bother posting here its clear that you can't be unbiased or have a proper opinion about anything

Building existing Tech isn't an intelligence feat. hell, mechanics with no high school diploma can put a car together. Or as I previously pointed out, I can post hundreds of clips of people building computers, that doesn't mean they're super intelligent.

Arachnid1
Ok so we agree Ozy tricked and stabbed him in the back and Cisco has been tricked and back stabbed before, regardless of how smart he is?

Doc made more then one machine, he made like 20 of them or more and they were all teleported to different US cities because they were going to be used as clean power plants. That was with Ozy's help, it took a while, and those power plants ended up glorified nukes without the fallout. All they did was disintegrate everything in their path. How is that more impressive than the variety of tech Cisco has built?

TheVaultDweller
Cisco has built tech that countered other tech from thousand of years in the future before (against Abra Kadabra). He's also built things that should literally be impossible (like the alchemy gun). His intelligence is OP.

But I also think some of these guys have different kinds of intelligence. For example, if you need to build some ridiculous piece of tech on the fly, someone like Cisco would be your guy. But if you need to work out some elaborate strategy or plan, one which contains a ton of variables, I would pick someone like Ozy. Now, Ozy is also a science-smart guy, but he simply doesn't have Cisco's 3 seasons worth of inventing all kinds of shit as is required of him.

Sable
You get it, That's why I placed Ozy #2.

TheVaultDweller
You get it, That's why I placed Ozy #2.

Well, like I said, not sure "intelligence", as a broad category, can give us an accurate picture here.

For example, if we talk about strategic/tactical intelligence, I would put Ozy at no. 1, because he managed to punk Dr Manhattan despite the latter's heightened perception of his own timeline. But if we talk about engineering intelligence, then someone like Cisco (I know I keep going back to him, but I am too lazy to think about more people) would rank higher, as he has 3 seasons of the Flash building all kinds of improbable/impossible pieces of technology.

relentless1
Building existing Tech isn't an intelligence feat. hell, mechanics with no high school diploma can put a car together. Or as I previously pointed out, I can post hundreds of clips of people building computers, that doesn't mean they're super intelligent.

lol so a suit built to withstand a kryptonians strength is existing tech? gimme a break

a Batsuit is existing tech i suppose

by that logic we can say the same thing about Starks tech could we not; its all built by his company he just grabbed parts here and there as well as aping the pre existing tech for the arc reactor but I know you won't agree cuz youre a Marvel fanboy

Silent Master
Withstand a Kryptonian, LOL at the amount of context you're ignoring.

But go ahead, post the clip showing Batman building the armor.

Arachnid1
lol so a suit built to withstand a kryptonians strength is existing tech? gimme a break

a Batsuit is existing tech i suppose

by that logic we can say the same thing about Starks tech could we not; its all built by his company he just grabbed parts here and there as well as aping the pre existing tech for the arc reactor but I know you won't agree cuz youre a Marvel fanboy But didn't we see Stark build his suits from scratch in the first movie?

Silent Master
But didn't we see Stark build his suits from scratch in the first movie?

Yes we did, we also saw him invent the miniaturized version of an arc reactor.

He's just doing his usual Fanboy whining.

relentless1
But didn't we see Stark build his suits from scratch in the first movie?

yeah, he built it out of existing weapons from his company; he built a smaller arc reactor based on the larger one; he didn't invent it from scratch though... silent is claiming that doing this doesn't count towards intelligence lol

relentless1
batman builds and modifies his arsenal in the same way that tony stark does so its either one or the other silent master.... either its intelligent for both or not, ya can't pick and choose based on the characters that you like or dislike

Silent Master
Strawman alert strawman alert strawman alert

BTW, I trust that everyone has noticed that he still hasn't posted a clip of Batman actually building anything from scratch.

relentless1
Strawman alert strawman alert strawman alert

BTW, I trust that everyone has noticed that he still hasn't posted a clip of Batman actually building anything from scratch.

lol figured as much ****in troll, youre such a hater man youre worse than quan, at least he doesn't try to lie about his bias

Silent Master
lol figured as much ****in troll, youre such a hater man youre worse than quan, at least he doesn't try to lie about his bias

That's not going to work, everyone can tell that you still haven't posted any evidence that Batman built any of his equipment from scratch.

Edit: by the way, it was specifically shown that the people from Stark Industries could not replicate the miniaturize Arc Reactor.

relentless1
i don't have to, anybody thats seen the movie would know that he does; theres a scene where alfred is clearly working on the armour in the cowl, theres a whole montage dedicated to Bruce building anti kryptonian weaponry and plenty more to come in JL

relentless1
he still didn't invent the technology that went into the reactor did he; he aped off his company inventions just like Wayne did in the Dark Knight Trilogy

Silent Master
Alfred working on it is not proof that Batman built it from scratch. If anything that is evidence that Alfred is the one that invented it.

Nice try there fanboy.

Silent Master
Like has been pointed out, Tony Stark was actually shown building a miniaturised Arc Reactor out of spare parts. Something a team of scientists with access to cutting-edge technology was unable to replicate.

omgchos
he still didn't invent the technology that went into the reactor did he; he aped off his company inventions just like Wayne did in the Dark Knight Trilogy

Just because somebody takes existing tech and makes it better, doesnt diminish the fact that they made it better. Most if not all technology is just doing what someone else did better.

Silent Master
Originally posted by omgchos
Just because somebody takes existing tech and makes it better, doesnt diminish the fact that they made it better. Most if not all technology is just doing what someone else did better.

You'll have to forgive him. whenever the subject of Batman comes up, he turns off his brain.

omgchos
You'll have to forgive him. whenever the subject of Batman comes up, he turns off his brain.
https://media.giphy.com/media/720g7C1jz13wI/giphy.gif

relentless1

exactly right. this is my point, silent the dc hater tried to downplay wayne for doing the exact same thing, this is why I brought up tony stark in the first place because this guy is a biased hater who turns off his brain whenever batman is brought up like as if the guy touched him when he was a kid or some shit like that laughing out loud

Silent Master
exactly right. this is my point, silent the dc hater tried to downplay wayne for doing the exact same thing, this is why I brought up tony stark in the first place because this guy is a biased hater who turns off his brain whenever batman is brought up like as if the guy touched him when he was a kid or some shit like that laughing out loud

Only, you haven't actually proven that Bruce Wayne did the exact same thing. You haven't posted a single example of Batman building anything from scratch. The most you've done is point out that Alfred has worked on the equipment.

So congrats, you've proven that Alfred is smarter than Batman.

omgchos

YEah but hes just using the tech. Not necessarily improving upon it. Hes real good at using it. And i admit i dont remember batman v superman all that well. But i dont recall anything except weapnizing the kryptonite.

Silent Master
So far his proof that Batman is really smart is that he uses equipment that Alfred works on.

relentless1

Silent Master
This is the movie versus forum, not the interview and commentary versus forum.

Movie feats only.

omgchos
All youre really showing here is that all he did was what Q doe in james bond. Its admirable. But its a far cry from creating a miniaturized energy source that powers a robotic exosuit. Not only that, he made it with very limited recources. It shows a level of inteligence and ingenuity that is levels above what batman did. Miniaturizing isnt easy. It took us years to miniaturize data storage. Theyve bin slapping guns on shit since WWI.

relentless1
All youre really showing here is that all he did was what Q doe in james bond. Its admirable. But its a far cry from creating a miniaturized energy source that powers a robotic exosuit. Not only that, he made it with very limited recources. It shows a level of inteligence and ingenuity that is levels above what batman did. Miniaturizing isnt easy. It took us years to miniaturize data storage. Theyve bin slapping guns on shit since WWI.

and if id put bruce above tony then id agree with you and change my list but i don't have him at the top, all I'm saying is that bruce is an intelligent guy

omgchos
and if id put bruce above tony then id agree with you and change my list but i don't have him at the top, all I'm saying is that bruce is an intelligent guy

He definitely is.

relentless1
This is the movie versus forum, not the interview and commentary versus forum.

Movie feats only.

writers intent counts bud

Silent Master
You put him three spaces below Tony and within the top half of your list, you're doing a lot more than just saying he's intelligent.

You still haven't provided anything from the movies showing Batman actually building anything from scratch or inventing new technology.

Silent Master
writers intent counts bud

No, it doesn't. Especially not here. Per forum rules, movie feats only

relentless1
ok then, lets start with the obvious:

he creates the k spear and k grenades right there on screen which takes a certain level of knowledge and research to manipulate an unknown substance

alfred is seen putting the finishing touches on armour thats clearly been created in the cave; alfred even mentions doing patchwork on the voice modulator:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwiNzV6QMog

on top of that we see bruce doing detective work throughout the film which also takes a degree of intelligence:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdli3A0mxF0

we see him speak fluent russian which as you know takes intelligence to be multi lingual.

heres another scene of him sleuthing, admittedly they don't get too deep into it but its there; tracking down Wonder Woman, finding out info on Lex and the White Portuguese:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6DbVMSCyxY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsIFcaA5Fb0

and finally his tactical skill is shown in the beginning of the warehouse fight in how he neutralizes enemies and their weaponry... employing tactics requires skill, experience and intelligence.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKSottBl7ow

im sure more intelligence feats will be shown in Justice League but for now these are the examples shown so far

Silent Master
A spear and a grenade, two things that already exist, all he did was add Kryptonite. Not very impressive considering the competition.

Wow, detective work, not very impressive considering the competition.

Speaking more than one language, something that millions of people in the real world can do, not very impressive considering the competition.

None of the tactics he used were very obscure so it's not like it takes a lot of intelligence to think of them.

So far nothing you have listed justifies him being ranked as high as you had him.

relentless1
the onus is on you to prove that he didn't crete his vehicles and gear bud, they never stated anywhere in the film that he grabbed any of that from wayne tech so prove that he didn't build any of it

not to mention the batcave itself which stands to reason he'd have to have built himself due to the secrecy involved

just admit youre a dc hater and we can move on dude seriously

marwash22
Dr Manhattan
Cisco
Ozymandus
Tony Stark
Bruce Banner
Jor El
Batman
Lex Luthor
Dr. Strange
Spiderman
Green Goblin

Silent Master
Silly fanboy, you're the one that made the original claim and thus the burden is on you. That is how debates work.

relentless1
not when the film makes no mention of acquiring tech from wayne enterprises and we see bruce and alfred building or modifying tech during the film; get your head out of your ass dude for real

Silent Master
Still waiting for you to post clips from the movie that actually show Bruce Wayne building or inventing all of his gear.

Darkstorm Zero
the onus is on you to prove that he didn't crete his vehicles and gear bud, they never stated anywhere in the film that he grabbed any of that from wayne tech so prove that he didn't build any of it

not to mention the batcave itself which stands to reason he'd have to have built himself due to the secrecy involved

just admit youre a dc hater and we can move on dude seriously

Unfortunately Relentless, that's not how that works. People do not have to prove something is not so, only that something is so. And since you made the actual claim, you must provide the positive evidence.

Normally I would not have said anything, but I am getting really annoyed by people trying to circle back burden of evidence to avoid proving ones own case. Literally it went like this:

#1: Relentless = "Batman makes his own gear in the Batcave"
#2: Nearly everyone else = "Can you provide proof of this? We all thought he adapts Wayne Tech items for personal use."
#3: Relentless = "Can you provide proof he does not? No, then he does!"

Literally the logic of burden of proof brakes between point #2 and point #3. You can't assert something, and then have your proof be the absence of evidence to the contrary.

Nibedicus
Or in short:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hitchens%27s_razor

relentless1
Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
Unfortunately Relentless, that's not how that works. People do not have to prove something is not so, only that something is so. And since you made the actual claim, you must provide the positive evidence.

Normally I would not have said anything, but I am getting really annoyed by people trying to circle back burden of evidence to avoid proving ones own case. Literally it went like this:

#1: Relentless = "Batman makes his own gear in the Batcave"
#2: Nearly everyone else = "Can you provide proof of this? We all thought he adapts Wayne Tech items for personal use."
#3: Relentless = "Can you provide proof he does not? No, then he does!"

Literally the logic of burden of proof brakes between point #2 and point #3. You can't assert something, and then have your proof be the absence of evidence to the contrary.

I've already posted clips and examples of prototypes being worked on and built right in the batcave by alfred and bruce so I've done my part now its on you all to prove that he gets all his stuff from wayne tech like silent keeps stating

Darkstorm Zero
Originally posted by Nibedicus
Or in short:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hitchens%27s_razor

Yeah, pretty much. I knew it was one of the razors, but I forgot which one stick out tongue

Silent Master
I've already posted clips and examples of prototypes being worked on and built right in the batcave by alfred and bruce so I've done my part now its on you all to prove that he gets all his stuff from wayne tech like silent keeps stating

You posted a clip of Alfred working on the equipment, not Bruce. You really need to stop lying.

Darkstorm Zero

Being worked on, and being BUILT are two entirely different things.

Everyone knows Bruce customizes his stuff with bat motifs and stuff like that, but that is vastly a different animal from actually building, from scratch, a Batmobile, or a Bat Plane, or any of his vehicles, all of which would have required the use of industrial grade heavy machinery. Not something you can secretly secrete into a cave near a major metropolis without it being detected, no matter how much money you have.

We are talking about factory assembly lines just for parts and assembly alone. The batcave is big, but it's not THAT big. Bruce would have taken a huge risk just to excavate expansions to the cave alone to get what he has now. Logically speaking, to do what you are suggesting would require expanding the batcave into a series of bat caves. A labyrinthine tunnel network that makes Diablo's Cathedral look logical.

So, there you have it. IMHO, it is not feasably possible for Bruce to manufacture bat tech in the bat cave unaided. He can customize his bat stuff there, but to actually manufacture from loose parts full vehicles, especially things like boats and high speed aircraft, would require things he cannot possibly hide underground without being detected.

relentless1
you wanted proof that the equipment was built in the cave; theres your proof, obviously alfred isn't building this stuff on his own; supported by bruce using tech on his own to craft the kryptonite into weapons and usage of the bat computer for various things such as hacking into authors files

Silent Master
you wanted proof that the equipment was built in the cave; theres your proof, obviously alfred isn't building this stuff on his own; supported by bruce using tech on his own to craft the kryptonite into weapons and usage of the bat computer for various things such as hacking into authors files

No, we wanted proof that Bruce built or invented the stuff, the clip you posted was of Alfred working on it.

relentless1

Everyone knows Bruce customizes his stuff with bat motifs and stuff like that, but that is vastly a different animal from actually building, from scratch, a Batmobile, or a Bat Plane, or any of his vehicles, all of which would have required the use of industrial grade heavy machinery. Not something you can secretly secrete into a cave near a major metropolis without it being detected, no matter how much money you have.

We are talking about factory assembly lines just for parts and assembly alone. The batcave is big, but it's not THAT big. Bruce would have taken a huge risk just to excavate expansions to the cave alone to get what he has now. Logically speaking, to do what you are suggesting would require expanding the batcave into a series of bat caves. A labyrinthine tunnel network that makes Diablo's Cathedral look logical.

So, there you have it. IMHO, it is not feasably possible for Bruce to manufacture bat tech in the bat cave unaided. He can customize his bat stuff there, but to actually manufacture from loose parts full vehicles, especially things like boats and high speed aircraft, would require things he cannot possibly hide underground without being detected.

its never explicitly stated one way or the other but i guarantee the cave was put together by bruce otherwise his secret identity would have been compromised

Silent Master

Look at the clip he posted, it shows Alfred working on the equipment not Bruce.

relentless1
No, we wanted proof that Bruce built or invented the stuff, the clip you posted was of Alfred working on it.

the burden of proof was on me to back up claims that gear was built in the cave and not pilfered from wayne enterprises and I've done that; what we see on screen according to you is all that matters and we never see batman take gear from wayne tech like he did in the nolan films, all we see is him building or modifying things in the batcave.. we go by whats on screen thats what you said so since I've provided on screen examples its your turn to prove that he didn't have a hand in building any of that stuff

Silent Master
Your claim was that it was done by Bruce, so far all you've provided is a clip of Alfred working on it. You have provided nothing that shows Bruce building or inventing anything.

relentless1
and finally heres the clip of him engineering the k, like i said earlier its not as full a body of feats as stark obviously but its quite clear that bruce is of high intelligence based on this and other examples I've shown

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxxbfkYRQOY

Silent Master
What do you mean the other examples you've shown? So far this is the only one you've shown that had Bruce actually doing anything even then it just shows Bruce using different equipment. There's no proof that he built the equipment.

I can post a clip of Black Widow flying a quintet, that doesn't mean she built or invented it.

Silent Master
Weaponizing material isn't comic book super-science, we do that sh!t in real life.

Utrigita
Dr Manhatten
Tony Stark
Ozymandus
Jor El
Bruce Banner
Lex Luthor
Batman
Spiderman
Green Goblin
Cisco (Don't know him)
The Borg Queen (no idea)

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by Utrigita
Cisco (Don't know him)

He's from the CW The Flash show, and he can basically build whatever the plot demands him to, regardless of how ridiculous it might seem. He has built various improbable/impossible weapons, superhuman training equipment, various superhuman costumes, dimensional gateways, the Black Canary's sonics, the Mirakuru cure (he and Caitlin), quantum splicers, power dampening tech, power amping tech, and a bunch of other stuff I can't be arsed to list right now. His tech has even worked against aliens (the Dominators) and people from far into the future (Abra Kadabra, who was from the 64th century). I'd say it's his super power, but he has actual super powers as well.

Utrigita
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
He's from the CW The Flash show, and he can basically build whatever the plot demands him to, regardless of how ridiculous it might seem. He has built various improbable/impossible weapons, superhuman training equipment, various superhuman costumes, dimensional gateways, the Black Canary's sonics, the Mirakuru cure (he and Caitlin), quantum splicers, power dampening tech, power amping tech, and a bunch of other stuff I can't be arsed to list right now. His tech has even worked against aliens (the Dominators) and people from far into the future (Abra Kadabra, who was from the 64th century). I'd say it's his super power, but he has actual super powers as well.

He sounds pretty broken tbh.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by Utrigita
He sounds pretty broken tbh.

He is the CW counterpart of Vibe from the comics.

But for a supporting character, I definitely agree. His powers include a kind of heightened dimensional awareness, which can manifest as visions/pre&post-cognition etc. across time and space, allowing him to view events that either have happened, are currently happening, or might happen, the ability to create portals or "breaches" (even between different realities), and the ability to fire blasts of energy from his hands. And that is on top of his tech genius.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.