Bronn of the Blackwater vs. Sandor Clegane the Hound

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rebel95
I'm sure this has been done before but oh well. Fight takes place in the same arena that Oberyn fought the Mountain. Starting distance is 10m. Both have their standard equipment.

Who wins?

Sable
Bronn but he's beat to shit after

NemeBro
Sandor Clegane has better feats against solitary opponents than Bronn does, holding his own in a brief duel with his brother, and giving Brienne a very hard fight despite debilitated health from a neck infection. By comparison, Bronn hasn't defeated anyone particularly notable, has been challenged by a one-handed Jaime during sparring, was wounded by a sand snek, and had a really hard time with a lone Dothraki screamer. Also recall that Bronn didn't seem confident in his chances against Gregor, and while Sandor isn't as strong as his older brother, he's still strong enough compared to Bronn that the difference won't really matter, and is quicker than Gregor to boot.

Bronn is a very multi-talented fighter, being a very capable swordsman and archer, and is very adept at surviving a battlefield due to his own ingenuity, but Sandor is just the better duelist IMHO.

Sable
I agree with what you said but Bronn is sneaky and quick. Somehow I think he will etch out a win with a sneak attack.

NemeBro
Were it a battlefield I could see Bronn potentially pulling something similar to what he pulled on the Dothraki on Sandor, but in the Oberyn vs. Mountain arena where both only have one threat to worry about? I can't see Bronn killing Sandor with stealth.

Sable
I mean like a situation where Sandor has him dead to rights disarmed on the floor about to lose his head, and Bronn pulls out a knife or secret blade and stabs him in the foot and or throws it at his neck.

Josh_Alexander
Bronn takes this one for sure so long he can keep his distance.

He still got his throwing knifes, and is pretty tricky.

He aint bad with the sword neither.

juggerman
Originally posted by NemeBro
By comparison ... has been challenged by a one-handed Jaime during sparring,

Nope

NemeBro
Originally posted by juggerman
Nope Afraid so. Jaime in one of their later spars in season five I believe was managing to hold his own before Bronn grabbed Jaime's golden hand, yanked it off, and smacked him with it. A tactic he would find a little harder to pull off against Sandor.

juggerman
Afraid so. Jaime in one of their later spars in season five I believe was managing to hold his own before Bronn grabbed Jaime's golden hand, yanked it off, and smacked him with it. A tactic he would find a little harder to pull off against Sandor.

Sure he did that but he wasn't having trouble at all. He was teaching and therefore was not trying his best. I saw that more as showing Jaime where he was vulnerable rather than him needing to in order to win. If that were the case then Jaime would be around Bronn level in skill and wouldn't need Bronn to slow down that Dorne fighter for him. And Jaime wouldn't need to continue training which he clearly thought he did and that's how Bronn tricked him into seeing his brother

Darkstorm Zero
As good as Bronn is, I'mma gonna side with the guy who has more and more varied combat feats.

juggerman
Here's the scene in question:

C4VGqUSr8TY

You see Bronn isn't breaking a sweat while Jaime is basically trying his best to keep up. Bronn had Jaime against the ropes when he pulled the hand off. It wasn't a desperation move, it was a teaching moment. That's why he explains the difference between fighting fighting fancy and fighting to win.

playa1258
Hound takes the majority. Bronn is good and adaptable but Hound has the better feats in one on one combat.

relentless1
bronns better skilled, he's never lost a fight while the hound has and on top of that bronns dirty and sneaky, he'd use fire to distract clegane long enough to kill him

juggerman
Does Bronn know about Clegane's fear? If so then yeah it would not be above him to exploit it

relentless1
Bronn was at the battle of the blackwater although i can't recall if he was around Sandor much but I've heard enough characters comment on it that it must be at least known if not common knowledge; especially hearing the way Baelish tell the story of the Cleganes he made it seem like a commonly told tale

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
As good as Bronn is, I'mma gonna side with the guy who has more and more varied combat feats.

I agree.

Bronn is too tricky.

If well Sandor is better with the sword, Bronn is just a mastermind.

If Sandor thinks he will meet him with the sword..Wrong Bronn shoots him a knife.

If Sandor thinks Bronn will punch him...Wrong, Bronn will kick his balls.

Bronn seems to me likr a bounty hunter.

juggerman
Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
I agree.

Bronn is too tricky.

If well Sandor is better with the sword, Bronn is just a mastermind.

If Sandor thinks he will meet him with the sword..Wrong Bronn shoots him a knife.

If Sandor thinks Bronn will punch him...Wrong, Bronn will kick his balls.

Bronn seems to me likr a bounty hunter.

Sounds like you're backing Bronn here but you said you agreed with someone saying he loses...

Josh_Alexander
Sounds like you're backing Bronn here but you said you agreed with someone saying he loses...

Lol i didnt read properly!

I thought Dark was supporting Sandor.

Darkstorm Zero

I was supporting Sandor....

quanchi112
Close matchup. I see Bronn winning. Sandor is stronger and more seasoned but Bronn is more cunning and very resourceful.

juggerman

In your post you made it seem like you thought Bronn would win.

Josh_Alexander
I was supporting Sandor....

Yes sorry. Put Sandor instead if Bronn up there lol.

FrothByte
OP states fighters are in an arena with standard equipment. Why the hell are people bringing fire and throwing knives in here?

Most GOT fighters have a knife or two hidden in a boot somewhere but I don't think Bronn carries a brace of throwing knives. Throwing away his one or two spare knives is a big risk for him to take, especially when The Hound is heavily armored.

Speaking of armor... Bronn has none. And he can't exactly pull the tactic he did in pushing someone down the hole... not in an arena.

Bottom line is, as impressive as Bronn has looked, he has never really had to fight anyone of decent caliber. Sandor has... multiple times. And for people saying Bronn fights dirty, what, you think Sandor is a saint?

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by FrothByte
OP states fighters are in an arena with standard equipment. Why the hell are people bringing fire and throwing knives in here?

Most GOT fighters have a knife or two hidden in a boot somewhere but I don't think Bronn carries a brace of throwing knives. Throwing away his one or two spare knives is a big risk for him to take, especially when The Hound is heavily armored.

Speaking of armor... Bronn has none. And he can't exactly pull the tactic he did in pushing someone down the hole... not in an arena.

Bottom line is, as impressive as Bronn has looked, he has never really had to fight anyone of decent caliber. Sandor has... multiple times. And for people saying Bronn fights dirty, what, you think Sandor is a saint?

Standard gear of the character ofcourse!

Bronn's standard gear contains throwing knives. He uses them frequently.

The OP didnt say swords only.

Bronn is faster than Sandor.

Broon fought the Sand Snakes, which is a really impressive feat.

Robtard
Sandor wins 8/10 at least. Going on TV feats.

juggerman

3 things:

1. Bronn throwing knives is very much in character for him to do. I can recall him doing so on at least two occasions. Whether it would work or not is another matter

2. Bronn didn't push the guy down the hole until after he already killed him. And that particular Knight of the Vale was also heavily armored and Bronn used that to his advantage. He basically ran from the guy and let him tire himself out.

3. Is armor standard equipment for the Hound anymore? He hasn't worn armor since Season 4 when Arya left him to die. Since then he dressed like Shrek

TheVaultDweller
Since then he dressed like Shrek

This made me laugh way more than it should have.

NemeBro
Here's the scene in question:

C4VGqUSr8TY

You see Bronn isn't breaking a sweat while Jaime is basically trying his best to keep up. Bronn had Jaime against the ropes when he pulled the hand off. It wasn't a desperation move, it was a teaching moment. That's why he explains the difference between fighting fighting fancy and fighting to win. Funny, because I still see Jaime putting on a good showing against Bronn despite being overall outclassed. I never indicated Bronn couldn't have won without exploiting his golden hand or that Jaime was winning or even stalemating Bronn, but challenging him, or holding his own? Sure. You could argue that Bronn wasn't giving it his all, but Sandor has better feats against better opponents while he literally was physically or psychologically incapable of holding his own, like against Brienne or Beric.

People give Bronn a lot of credit when, no joke, he has never once defeated anyone notable in a duel. Sandor is one of the greatest warriors in Westeros, by feats and reputation. Bronn just doesn't have the feats or even the accolades to match.

And people should stop bringing up throwing knives. They will do literally nothing to a man in armour, and Sandor's fighting style and preference is wearing heavy armour.

juggerman
Funny, because I still see Jaime putting on a good showing against Bronn despite being overall outclassed. I never indicated Bronn couldn't have won without exploiting his golden hand or that Jaime was winning or even stalemating Bronn, but challenging him, or holding his own? Sure. You could argue that Bronn wasn't giving it his all, but Sandor has better feats against better opponents while he literally was physically or psychologically incapable of holding his own, like against Brienne or Beric.

People give Bronn a lot of credit when, no joke, he has never once defeated anyone notable in a duel. Sandor is one of the greatest warriors in Westeros, by feats and reputation. Bronn just doesn't have the feats or even the accolades to match.

And people should stop bringing up throwing knives. They will do literally nothing to a man in armour, and Sandor's fighting style and preference is wearing heavy armour.

Look at Bronn's face in the clip. He looks bored as shit right up until he rips Jaime's hand off. Jaime is nowhere near challenging Bronn.

And as for Sandor's armor, as stated it seems like "standard gear" for him right now is normal clothing not armor. He hasn't worn armor since Season 4. Even though Arya just got the Cat's Paw Dagger I'd argue it's standard for her now since she hasn't been without it since she got it. Standard is what they normally have. The Hound is normally sans armor now

Darkstorm Zero
Look at Bronn's face in the clip. He looks bored as shit right up until he rips Jaime's hand off. Jaime is nowhere near challenging Bronn.

And as for Sandor's armor, as stated it seems like "standard gear" for him right now is normal clothing not armor. He hasn't worn armor since Season 4. Even though Arya just got the Cat's Paw Dagger I'd argue it's standard for her now since she hasn't been without it since she got it. Standard is what they normally have. The Hound is normally sans armor now

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DJ2N0CdXUAI0PvK.png

juggerman
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DJ2N0CdXUAI0PvK.png

laughing out loud

KingD19
Well with how armor works. He got his in service of the Lannisters and the Crown. It was essentially destroyed when he got banged up and almost died fighting Brienne. And since then he hasn't had another set made because he hasn't had the money or a patron. It's more he hasn't had an opportunity to get more armor than he chooses not to wear it. Also a huge chunk of his fights are in armor. A lot more than the fights he has out of it.

juggerman
Originally posted by KingD19
Well with how armor works. He got his in service of the Lannisters and the Crown. It was essentially destroyed when he got banged up and almost died fighting Brienne. And since then he hasn't had another set made because he hasn't had the money or a patron. It's more he hasn't had an opportunity to get more armor than he chooses not to wear it. Also a huge chunk of his fights are in armor. A lot more than the fights he has out of it.

Ok well if he currently doesn't have something, and hasn't had or used it in 3 years why would we consider it standard?

Consider Arya for a second if you will. In Season 1, Needle would be standard for her. In Season 3 it would not be standard because it was taken from her and she hadn't used it in a good while. It wouldn't matter that she would use it if she could. What matters is it isn't what she normally used at that time.

With all that being said, Sandor has not used armor in a very long time. Perhaps he prefers to fight without it now. Perhaps he just hasn't gotten around to replacing it. Either way I think standard means what he would normally have at the current time

juggerman
Mayhaps we should ask OP if he wants Sandor in armor or not. That would nip this right away

Rebel95
Yeah he gets his armor that he wears when he fought Brienne

KingD19
Sandor definitely wins then. As fast as Bronn is, he was adamant that he couldn't afford to make a single mistake against Mountain, and even then he still might lose.

Sandor is a lot faster than his brother, far more skilled, and almost as strong. In fact, Sandor has better strength feats than Gregor. Tearing a head off or pulping a skull is one thing. He cut a human clean in half while wearing full plate armor.

FrothByte
3 things:

1. Bronn throwing knives is very much in character for him to do. I can recall him doing so on at least two occasions. Whether it would work or not is another matter

2. Bronn didn't push the guy down the hole until after he already killed him. And that particular Knight of the Vale was also heavily armored and Bronn used that to his advantage. He basically ran from the guy and let him tire himself out.

3. Is armor standard equipment for the Hound anymore? He hasn't worn armor since Season 4 when Arya left him to die. Since then he dressed like Shrek

1. Yes it's very much in character, but I don't recall him having numerous knives. Just one or two. And I don't recall him being successful throwing one at a fully armored opponent... though I might be mistaken in this.

2. Did he kill him before? Guess I'm mixing this up with the book fight, where he defeated his foe by tiring him out then pushing him through the hole. Still, tiring a person in armor out only works if the person is stupid enough to chase after you while wearing armor. It worked for the Knight of the Vale because that knight's pride was on the line and he wanted to make short work of Bronn. If Bronn keeps running away from the Hound, Sandor can just stand still and wait for Bronn to close. That's what any man with a bit of common sense would do if he was wearing heavier armor.

3. The Hound has worn armor in far more battles than he's fought without. That makes it pretty standard IIRC, unless OP specifies otherwise.

KingD19
Yeah Bronn hamstrung the knight, then stabbed him in the side and let him bleed out till he was too weak to fight back. Then he took his shield, sword, stabbed down through his neck, and pushed him out of the Moon Door as he died.

FrothByte
Yeah Bronn hamstrung the knight, then stabbed him in the side and let him bleed out till he was too weak to fight back. Then he took his shield, sword, stabbed down through his neck, and pushed him out of the Moon Door as he died.

Thanks. Guess I really didn't remember it correctly. Still won't change my stance though.

KingD19
Thanks. Guess I really didn't remember it correctly. Still won't change my stance though.

Nor should it. The difference between Sandor and the Vale Knight is that Sandor is one of the toughest, most durable, most stamina having bastards in Westeros. He should be dead. No way around it. But he's just fine.

Sandor is also an insanely good fighter who knows how to use tactics and foul play to win. Like when he was teaching Arya about Needle and how it being so slender and tiny wouldn't get through plate armor. Then he kicked her in the chest because he was bigger and stronger and proving a point.

Bronn would be hard pressed to win this fight. And the ones he takes are more luck/f*ck ups on Hound's part.

Darkstorm Zero
mbUeobf0MRg

May help smile

Josh_Alexander
In an honest sword combat Sandor wins.

If Bronn gets his throwing knofes and a sword, then Bronn wins.

Darkstorm Zero
In an honest sword combat Sandor wins.

If Bronn gets his throwing knofes and a sword, then Bronn wins.

Why would throwing knives help Bronn if Sandor gets his armor?

Josh_Alexander
Why would throwing knives help Bronn if Sandor gets his armor?

A knife in the face won't help?

Rebel95
Bronn gets one throwing knife, a dagger and his sword. The Hound gets his armor and sword.

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by Rebel95
Bronn gets one throwing knife, a dagger and his sword. The Hound gets his armor and sword.

Bronn

juggerman
Originally posted by Rebel95
Yeah he gets his armor that he wears when he fought Brienne

Thanks for clearing that up thumb up

1. Yes it's very much in character, but I don't recall him having numerous knives. Just one or two. And I don't recall him being successful throwing one at a fully armored opponent... though I might be mistaken in this.

2. Did he kill him before? Guess I'm mixing this up with the book fight, where he defeated his foe by tiring him out then pushing him through the hole. Still, tiring a person in armor out only works if the person is stupid enough to chase after you while wearing armor. It worked for the Knight of the Vale because that knight's pride was on the line and he wanted to make short work of Bronn. If Bronn keeps running away from the Hound, Sandor can just stand still and wait for Bronn to close. That's what any man with a bit of common sense would do if he was wearing heavier armor.

3. The Hound has worn armor in far more battles than he's fought without. That makes it pretty standard IIRC, unless OP specifies otherwise.

1. I don't think he has thrown them at armored opponents but I was just stating that he does throw daggers so doing so wouldn't be out of character for him. I thought you were of the opinion that Bronn doesn't toss daggers but I it looks like we both agree he does. My bad. And yeah it's debatable how effective they might be

2. Someone posted the video so no need to dwell on this. I don't think Sandor would get rope-a-doped

3. Yes I know he has but current Sandor doesn't wear armor and hasn't in a min so I personally wouldn't consider it standard at this point. Now OP has stated he wants armor for Sandor so armor it is.

Understandable. Sandor looks like a dumb brute but he's actually a clever guy. I doubt Bronn would so easily bait him

Like when he was teaching Arya about Needle and how it being so slender and tiny wouldn't get through plate armor. Then he kicked her in the chest because he was bigger and stronger and proving a point.

It was a back hand actually stick out tongue

Inhuman
Sandor wins

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by Inhuman
Sandor wins

I don't think so. Bronn isn't the traditional fighter. Bronn is the foxy fighter.

Sandor is a great swordman but Bronn is too cunning.

FrothByte
I don't think so. Bronn isn't the traditional fighter. Bronn is the foxy fighter.

Sandor is a great swordman but Bronn is too cunning.

Yeah but cunning won't help you much when you're in a straight up fight against a much better fighter. Otherwise nerds would wipe the floor with jocks in straight up fist fights.

Plus Sandor isn't exactly a dumb fighter either.

Psychotron
The Hound is bigger and much stronger, plus he has superior combat feats. That knight that Bronn beat via trickery in Tyrion's trial by combat would have been cut to pieces by the Hound.

KingD19
Bronn did defeat the Vale knight. But he got his ass handed to him by that Dothraki Bloodrider and had to haul ass out of there. Sandor's just got tons more fights and wins. Even his one real loss is extremely circumstantial. Brienne of Tarth would be dead if Hound had been 100% when they fought.

Josh_Alexander
Yeah but cunning won't help you much when you're in a straight up fight against a much better fighter. Otherwise nerds would wipe the floor with jocks in straight up fist fights.

Plus Sandor isn't exactly a dumb fighter either.

Originally posted by Psychotron
The Hound is bigger and much stronger, plus he has superior combat feats. That knight that Bronn beat via trickery in Tyrion's trial by combat would have been cut to pieces by the Hound.

Bronn did defeat the Vale knight. But he got his ass handed to him by that Dothraki Bloodrider and had to haul ass out of there. Sandor's just got tons more fights and wins. Even his one real loss is extremely circumstantial. Brienne of Tarth would be dead if Hound had been 100% when they fought.

Brains beats muscle.

Sandor is a better fighter but Bronn is smarter and faster.

Bronn still has a throwing knife which could stab Sandor's face.

Bronn could handle Sandor. He is intelligent enough.

KingD19
Why do you think Hound is some idiot?

Psychotron
Brains beats muscle.

Sandor is a better fighter but Bronn is smarter and faster.

Bronn still has a throwing knife which could stab Sandor's face.

Bronn could handle Sandor. He is intelligent enough.

The Hound is no less intelligent, he just doesn't need to rely on his wits so much because he can overpower anyone in GoT not named The Mountain.

TheVaultDweller
Yeah, if anything, Sandor consistently shows more common sense, intelligence and situational awareness than most GoT characters do. Granted, he does have the odd dunce moment (like throwing rocks at a zombie soldier), but those moments tend to be relatively rare.

Inhuman
In season 6 , The Hound killed multiple men with just a hand axe, and he wasn't wearing any armor either.

FrothByte
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Yeah, if anything, Sandor consistently shows more common sense, intelligence and situational awareness than most GoT characters do. Granted, he does have the odd dunce moment (like throwing rocks at a zombie soldier), but those moments tend to be relatively rare.

Hah. If I was stuck for a whole night just staring at zombies who I knew couldn't get near me, I would have thrown rocks at them way earlier.

John Murdoch
Granted, he does have the odd dunce moment (like throwing rocks at a zombie soldier).

What the plot demands, the plot demands laughing out loud

Anyways, I back Sandor simply cause it's a duel. He's fought his brother briefly, he fought Brienne, he's fought wights, he's fought a tavern full of soldiers, he's fought those clowns in Season 6 that killed Ian McShane and co. He's fought with swords, warhammers, in duels, on battlefields.

With a duel setup like the OP here, Hound all the way.

In a battle or a duel in something like a warehouse with cover, concealment, and objects to use, Bronn.

juggerman
Bronn did defeat the Vale knight. But he got his ass handed to him by that Dothraki Bloodrider and had to haul ass out of there.

That wasn't just a straight up fight. Bronn was tossed off his horse after that Bloodrider crippled it. Then after being tossed and likely having the breath knocked out of him Bronn was at a severe disadvantage being on foot. Running away until you could even the odds was the right call and Sandor would have likely done the same in that situation.

FrothByte
That wasn't just a straight up fight. Bronn was tossed off his horse after that Bloodrider crippled it. Then after being tossed and likely having the breath knocked out of him Bronn was at a severe disadvantage being on foot. Running away until you could even the odds was the right call and Sandor would have likely done the same in that situation.

It was a straight up fight in the sense that they both started off on horses, with both armed with 1 sword each, and no other person or environmental factors interfering with the "match" as it began. In other words, they started off on equal footing.

Bronn being unhorsed was due to the Dothraki outfighting him in the initial charge. Him running away and using the environment to even the odds is basically him admitting he couldn't win a straight up fight.

KingD19
Didn't Bronn even toss his knife? And the Dothraki dodged it?

Josh_Alexander
Why do you think Hound is some idiot?

The Hound is no less intelligent, he just doesn't need to rely on his wits so much because he can overpower anyone in GoT not named The Mountain.

Being intelligent and being cunning are two different things.

I support Bronn because he is faster, more agile, and Cunning.

He will certainly find the Hound's weakpoints.

The Hound is strong and a good swordman, but his temperament makes him predictable.

Bronn is the thype of man which will tease Sandor enough to meake him angry. Once he is angry he is predictable. Once he is predictable, Bronn has the edge due to his cunning.

KingD19

The Hound is strong and a good swordman, but his temperament makes him predictable.

Bronn is the thype of man which will tease Sandor enough to meake him angry. Once he is angry he is predictable. Once he is predictable, Bronn has the edge due to his cunning.

What weakpoints does Sandor have? He's bigger, stronger, tougher, more skilled, and faster(somehow) than 90% of the characters on the show. The only times he's had trouble in fights have been when Fire's involved, Wights, or when he fought Brienne and was literally already dying of a severe infection.

You can't make Hound angry. He's always angry. You can just piss him off more. And if Bronn pisses him off, he just dies faster.

Psychotron

The Hound has literally no weaknesses compared to Bronn. He's bigger, stronger, at least as fast, at least as intelligent, and he has much better combat feats. Every reason Bronn had to turn down fighting the Mountain applies to Sandor as well, except the Hound is faster and more skilled than his brother to boot.

The Hound is always angry, so I fail to see what Bronn's going to do there. If he makes him even angrier he'll just make Sandor that much more ferocious, and Bronn definitely doesn't want to do that to a guy who's his superior in every physical category.

Josh_Alexander
What weakpoints does Sandor have? He's bigger, stronger, tougher, more skilled, and faster(somehow) than 90% of the characters on the show. The only times he's had trouble in fights have been when Fire's involved, Wights, or when he fought Brienne and was literally already dying of a severe infection.

You can't make Hound angry. He's always angry. You can just piss him off more. And if Bronn pisses him off, he just dies faster.

The Hound has literally no weaknesses compared to Bronn. He's bigger, stronger, at least as fast, at least as intelligent, and he has much better combat feats. Every reason Bronn had to turn down fighting the Mountain applies to Sandor as well, except the Hound is faster and more skilled than his brother to boot.

The Hound is always angry, so I fail to see what Bronn's going to do there. If he makes him even angrier he'll just make Sandor that much more ferocious, and Bronn definitely doesn't want to do that to a guy who's his superior in every physical category.

He is not faster than Bronn.

I believe Bronn's Indiana Jones' type of fight makes him win.

He is foxy. The hound is stronger and better skillled. But he is predictable.

https://youtu.be/DLUI6GxwNxk

The Hound is the type of fighter which will engage on, and use his skill and strenght to dominate.

He is good, but still predictable (maybe because of his anger)

https://youtu.be/NN30YMzja6Y

Bronn is the type of fighter which will read his opponent and attack his weak spots.

Bronn is like the Indiana Jones of GoT. He is cunning, he uses his environment well. He is agile.

I support Bronn. He is simply a mother****ing genus. Also, if he manages to get fire, he could put Sandor in trouble. Sandor has a trauma for fire.

juggerman
It was a straight up fight in the sense that they both started off on horses, with both armed with 1 sword each, and no other person or environmental factors interfering with the "match" as it began. In other words, they started off on equal footing.

Bronn being unhorsed was due to the Dothraki outfighting him in the initial charge. Him running away and using the environment to even the odds is basically him admitting he couldn't win a straight up fight.

I'm sorry I guess I wasn't clear in my point. I know they started off on horse back but that is nowhere near equal footing. The Dothraki are trained to fight on horseback since childhood. Bronn being a lowly sellsword most of his life would have had very little training on horseback and was therefore overcome as Sandor would have been as well.

Then fighting on foot against a mounted opponent isn't very smart either and he looked to even the odds as I believe Sandor would have too. Either way I don't think using this example works when pitting Sandor vs Bronn. And while Sanor has faced more fleshed out opponents, Broon seems to have less trouble with mooks. Sandor was hurt again and again in random fights while I don't seem to recall Bronn ever in any real trouble besides against the Bloodrider and that is explained by the lack of experience fighting on horseback

I think this is a good fight that could honestly go either way. Bronn is faster and more cunning while Sandor is stronger and is durable as shit

Psychotron
He is not faster than Bronn.

I believe Bronn's Indiana Jones' type of fight makes him win.

He is foxy. The hound is stronger and better skillled. But he is predictable.

https://youtu.be/DLUI6GxwNxk

The Hound is the type of fighter which will engage on, and use his skill and strenght to dominate.

He is good, but still predictable (maybe because of his anger)

https://youtu.be/NN30YMzja6Y

Bronn is the type of fighter which will read his opponent and attack his weak spots.

Bronn is like the Indiana Jones of GoT. He is cunning, he uses his environment well. He is agile.

I support Bronn. He is simply a mother****ing genus. Also, if he manages to get fire, he could put Sandor in trouble. Sandor has a trauma for fire.

Bronn definitely doesn't have better speed feats than the Hound.

Yes, he will dominate via superior physical stats. Thanks for agreeing. A weakened Sandor just barely losing to Brienne doesn't prove anything.

Knowing the Hound is going to attack doesn't mean you can stop him. The Hound has no weak spots, he outclasses Bronn in every stat.

Bronn has had difficulty with opponents that Sandor would straight up crush. Bronn was afraid of the Mountain, the Hound stalemated him.

Josh_Alexander
Bronn definitely doesn't have better speed feats than the Hound.

Yes, he will dominate via superior physical stats. Thanks for agreeing. A weakened Sandor just barely losing to Brienne doesn't prove anything.

Knowing the Hound is going to attack doesn't mean you can stop him. The Hound has no weak spots, he outclasses Bronn in every stat.

Bronn has had difficulty with opponents that Sandor would straight up crush. Bronn was afraid of the Mountain, the Hound stalemated him.

Maybe not with the sword, but in speed and in dodging he is faster.

I think Broon could outbrain the Hound. Thats what i think.

Psychotron
Maybe not with the sword, but in speed and in dodging he is faster.

I think Broon could outbrain the Hound. Thats what i think.

Really? Because Sandor has gone through fights unscathed while fighting multiple opponents, and he has done this more than once. The Hound is no sitting duck.

How? Give me a plausible scenario.

Stigma
The Hound wins handily.

Josh_Alexander
Really? Because Sandor has gone through fights unscathed while fighting multiple opponents, and he has done this more than once. The Hound is no sitting duck.

How? Give me a plausible scenario.

Bronn has arguably not lost any battle neither. He also has been in several battles and is still alive. Which is impressive. (He served for Tyrion in his wars, and now serves Jaime).

The way he fought the Knight of the Vale. It's obvious Bronn isn't stupid. He uses his environment. He investigates his opponent. He is cold headed. Bronn is a smart dude.

I like Hound, but the Hound is to explosive and violent. He isn't really that smart of a guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTLYV4aMX4M

Here you have a mega copilation of all Bronn's scenes in GoT. Go through the video, you can see how cunning he is. He isn't the traditional fighter. And he isn't a bad swordman.

FrothByte
Bronn has arguably not lost any battle neither. He also has been in several battles and is still alive. Which is impressive. (He served for Tyrion in his wars, and now serves Jaime).

The way he fought the Knight of the Vale. It's obvious Bronn isn't stupid. He uses his environment. He investigates his opponent. He is cold headed. Bronn is a smart dude.

I like Hound, but the Hound is to explosive and violent. He isn't really that smart of a guy.

Here you have a mega copilation of all Bronn's scenes in GoT. Go through the video, you can see how cunning he is. He isn't the traditional fighter. And he isn't a bad swordman.

But we don't know who the knight of the vale was. For all we know he could have been a pretty crappy fighter.

Psychotron

Yeah, and none of his combat feats are on Sandor's level.

The knight was just some guy the Hound would have raped in under a minute. It's not a good feat.

Mike Tyson was explosive and violent, yet that made him a monster in the ring.

I still haven't heard of a viable battle plan.

Josh_Alexander
But we don't know who the knight of the vale was. For all we know he could have been a pretty crappy fighter.

Yeah, and none of his combat feats are on Sandor's level.

The knight was just some guy the Hound would have raped in under a minute. It's not a good feat.

Mike Tyson was explosive and violent, yet that made him a monster in the ring.

I still haven't heard of a viable battle plan.

Doesn't matter. It's clear ENOUGH that Bronn isn't the TYPICAL swordman.

He is cunning, which is the point i wanted to prove.

Sandor has strenght and skill. But Bronn got brains.

And as History has taught us: Brains>>>>>Muscle.

Darkstorm Zero

Ser Vardis Egen

Darkstorm Zero

It takes more than brains to win a one on one fight.

If all it took was a better brain, then:

http://www.mathtutordvd.com/members/images/3592b.jpg Steven hawking would beat the holy hell out of...

https://cdn3.whatculture.com/images/2017/07/986348be62077599-600x400.jpg Brock Lesnar.

I am hoping your not trying to claim this.

Psychotron

He is a very TYPICAL swordsman. He just happensto fight dirty, which catches honor bound types off guard. Sandor is not on of those honor bound types. He spits on their honor.

So is the Hound.

Wrong, Sandor is the whole package. Bronn is like the Hound, but smaller and weaker.

No. If that was true nerds wouldn't be bullied by football players. There's nothing his brains could do in an empty arena going 1v1 with a physically superior and more skilled opponent.

NemeBro
I wasn't aware being explosive and violent was a weakness in a fight.

There is also pretty much nothing indicating that Bronn is faster than Sandor. It is just being assumed that he is because he's smaller, and because Bronn claimed as such in season two.

So Bronn is against a much more heavily armoured opponent who has comparable speed, more skill, and is considerably stronger, strong enough to literally bisect a man with his sword.

Bronn won't have time to come up with an alternative plan of attack. He'll just be quickly overwhelmed and killed.

Psychotron
Not just strong enough to bisect a man, but to bisect a man wearing plate armor. Bronn is ridiculously outmatched here.

FrothByte

Let's be honest here. Bronn isn't some kind of genius tactician. He fights dirty and he uses unorthodox methods, which works against lower end opponents. But when he got to a high end opponent like the Dothraki, it was more luck that got him out. Heck, he couldn't even defeat a Sand Snake when Jamie was equally matching another with just one hand. And Bronn was the one who got the worse end of his fight with the sand snake.

KingD19
Let's be honest here. Bronn isn't some kind of genius tactician. He fights dirty and he uses unorthodox methods, which works against lower end opponents. But when he got to a high end opponent like the Dothraki, it was more luck that got him out. Heck, he couldn't even defeat a Sand Snake when Jamie was equally matching another with just one hand. And Bronn was the one who got the worse end of his fight with the sand snake.

And Euron casually stomped the Snakes.

FrothByte
And Euron casually stomped the Snakes.

Exactly. And I doubt Euron can take Sandor either.

Psychotron

Bronn got some titties tho.

Josh_Alexander
It takes more than brains to win a one on one fight.

If all it took was a better brain, then:

http://www.mathtutordvd.com/members/images/3592b.jpg Steven hawking would beat the holy hell out of...

https://cdn3.whatculture.com/images/2017/07/986348be62077599-600x400.jpg Brock Lesnar.

I am hoping your not trying to claim this.

Remember David beat Goliath. So thats enough to REBUKE the Halking response.

He is a very TYPICAL swordsman. He just happensto fight dirty, which catches honor bound types off guard. Sandor is not on of those honor bound types. He spits on their honor.

So is the Hound.

Wrong, Sandor is the whole package. Bronn is like the Hound, but smaller and weaker.

No. If that was true nerds wouldn't be bullied by football players. There's nothing his brains could do in an empty arena going 1v1 with a physically superior and more skilled opponent.

I wasn't aware being explosive and violent was a weakness in a fight.

There is also pretty much nothing indicating that Bronn is faster than Sandor. It is just being assumed that he is because he's smaller, and because Bronn claimed as such in season two.

So Bronn is against a much more heavily armoured opponent who has comparable speed, more skill, and is considerably stronger, strong enough to literally bisect a man with his sword.

Bronn won't have time to come up with an alternative plan of attack. He'll just be quickly overwhelmed and killed.

Even if they are just as fast. Meaning they are 5/5.

Sandor has ONE advantage: Strenght.

Bronn has ONE advantage: Brains.

As i claimed before, i support Brains. Bronn is smart enough to outmaneuver the Hound. To use his environment to his favor. And to know the right time to strike.

To me Bronn wins.

(Someone said that Sandor is faster than 90% of the characters, just wanted to rebuke that).

juggerman
lMUd5q8_3hk&t=275s

That dagger toss was accurate AF

NemeBro

As i claimed before, i support Brains. Bronn is smart enough to outmaneuver the Hound. To use his environment to his favor. And to know the right time to strike.

To me Bronn wins.

(Someone said that Sandor is faster than 90% of the characters, just wanted to rebuke that). You forgot to mention that Sandor also has the advantage in technical skill, reach, and feats in duels against strong opponents.

Bronn has some trouble against a Sand Snake. Sandor Clegane can match blades with the most feared and strongest (in terms of physical power) knight in the realm. Sandor stomps tbh.

TheVaultDweller
You forgot to mention that Sandor also has the advantage in technical skill, reach, and feats in duels against strong opponents.

Bronn has some trouble against a Sand Snake. Sandor Clegane can match blades with the most feared and strongest (in terms of physical power) knight in the realm. Sandor stomps tbh.

To be fair, you are arguing with a guy who appears to believe that MCU Iron Man and MCU Iron Fist hit equally hard simply because the word "Iron" is in both names.

Psychotron

To me Bronn wins.

(Someone said that Sandor is faster than 90% of the characters, just wanted to rebuke that).

Sandor's combat speed seems superior to Bronn's to me.

No, Sandor has the advantage of: strength, reach, skill, better feats, better armor.

Bronn is not smarter than Sandor. You've said this several times but I haven't seen any proof yet.

HOW? How does he use his featureless environment against the Hound?

Btw David and Goliath? That's your argument? Try something that actually happened.

Josh_Alexander
To be fair, you are arguing with a guy who appears to believe that MCU Iron Man and MCU Iron Fist hit equally hard simply because the word "Iron" is in both names.

To be fair, this doesn't concern the thread. So please refrain yourself from responding unless you will debate reasonably.

Josh_Alexander
Sandor's combat speed seems superior to Bronn's to me.

No, Sandor has the advantage of: strength, reach, skill, better feats, better armor.

Bronn is not smarter than Sandor. You've said this several times but I haven't seen any proof yet.

HOW? How does he use his featureless environment against the Hound?

Btw David and Goliath? That's your argument? Try something that actually happened.

I agree on much. This is what i don't agree to:

Better armor also means slower fighter.

I never said smarter, i said that Bronn was more sly, which is different.

I could see Bronn using candles (like when he did against the Knight) etc.

TheVaultDweller
To be fair, this doesn't concern the thread. So please refrain yourself from responding unless you will debate reasonably.

I am providing Nemebro with context around why you post the things you do. So, it's relevant. Also, pretty funny how you try to police me here after getting aggressive with me (even trying to bait me by calling me "boy"wink after I questioned your participation in the Cap slugfest thread.

Also, take your own advice, and start debating reasonably. Because, as things stand, other people have actually been referencing multiple feats and examples as to why Sandor wins, whereas all you have been doing is spouting your opinion about how Bronn's brain magically means he is going to win, despite Sandor's better feats and advantages.

NemeBro
I am very well aware of Josh Alexander's stupidity, yes. I was exposed to it in the foreign cinema's Tolkienverse vs. Westeros thread.

TheVaultDweller
I am very well aware of Josh Alexander's stupidity, yes. I was exposed to it in the foreign cinema's Tolkienverse vs. Westeros thread.

Ah, I rarely venture into that area, so missed that one.

Psychotron
I agree on much. This is what i don't agree to:

Better armor also means slower fighter.

I never said smarter, i said that Bronn was more sly, which is different.

I could see Bronn using candles (like when he did against the Knight) etc.

Except Sandor never appeared slow in his armor. His speed feats are better than most of the characters while wearing said armor.

The Hound has excellent common sense, awareness, and combat experience. Bronn can't surprise him in any way.

Oh no, candles! It's not like Sandor beat Berric while the latter wielded a flaming sword or anything.

TheVaultDweller
Oh no, candles! It's not like Sandor beat Berric while the latter wielded a flaming sword or anything.

Yeah, why Josh thinks a candle will be some game changer, when Sandor has beaten a guy who was actually using a flaming sword against him, is beyond me.

uwyvjgs40Oo

Also another good example of how badly the Hound outclasses Bronn in strength. The actual final blow cut clean through Beric's sword. Hell, the Hound beat him despite his shield and left arm being on fire.

Psychotron
Sandor has some of the best strength feats on the show, while being very skilled and quick for his size. Bronn is just not on his level.

Josh_Alexander
I am providing Nemebro with context around why you post the things you do. So, it's relevant. Also, pretty funny how you try to police me here after getting aggressive with me (even trying to bait me by calling me "boy"wink after I questioned your participation in the Cap slugfest thread.

Also, take your own advice, and start debating reasonably. Because, as things stand, other people have actually been referencing multiple feats and examples as to why Sandor wins, whereas all you have been doing is spouting your opinion about how Bronn's brain magically means he is going to win, despite Sandor's better feats and advantages.

I am a debater TheVaultDweller.

I am here to debate stuff, not to curse people or denigrate anyone.

If you guys want to start behaving all personal and be all poopy ass with those who disagree with you then that is your problem.

I know i have disagree with you in a couple of other threads, doesn't mean i will take things personal and go attack you in other threads.

So yes, i am policing you. Refrain yourself from posting unless you will debate what is written on the title of the thread. wink

Josh_Alexander
Sandor has some of the best strength feats on the show, while being very skilled and quick for his size. Bronn is just not on his level.

Okay. I agree.

I still support Bronn. He has fought in more battles than the Hound. And he has survived up to now.

Bronn is sly. If the Hound putts down his guard, i don't doubt Bronn will take the most of it.

Bronn will likely evaluate the Hounds weakspots. Use Hound's anger against him etc.

Josh_Alexander

NemeBro i know you are still angry after me beating your ass in the GoT vs LoTR thread, but that doesn't give you the authority to come an attack me in other threads.

As i told Vault, refrain yourself from posting else you will debate.

TheVaultDweller
I am a debater TheVaultDweller.

I am here to debate stuff, not to curse people or denigrate anyone.

If you guys want to start behaving all personal and be all poopy ass with those who disagree with you then that is your problem.

I know i have disagree with you in a couple of other threads, doesn't mean i will take things personal and go attack you in other threads.

So yes, i am policing you. Refrain yourself from posting unless you will debate what is written on the title of the thread. wink

So, you're here to debate? Funny, seems more like you are here to spout your opinion regardless of what other people tell you.

And the sheer fact that you actually think you have any authority to police me is priceless.

Josh_Alexander
So, you're here to debate? Funny, seems more like you are here to spout your opinion regardless of what other people tell you.

And the sheer fact that you actually think you have any authority to police me is priceless.

Yes i am here to debate. The fact that you haven't realize that by now makes i clear you are taking things personal rather than actually debating. I have brought up evidence, in case you didnt notice.

If i can't police you the good way, i will have to tell a Mod to come police you the bad way.

wink

KingD19
Tell a mod to come police Vault, I dare you. Guarantee he won't be the one getting in trouble once they look at both your posts.

Psychotron
Okay. I agree.

I still support Bronn. He has fought in more battles than the Hound. And he has survived up to now.

Bronn is sly. If the Hound putts down his guard, i don't doubt Bronn will take the most of it.

Bronn will likely evaluate the Hounds weakspots. Use Hound's anger against him etc.

Good.

No, he hasn't the Hound has many more screen feats.

The Hound is never off his guard, he's literally always looking for a fight.

The Hound has no weak spots. He edges out Bronn in every category.

TheVaultDweller
Yes i am here to debate. The fact that you haven't realize that by now makes i clear you are taking things personal rather than actually debating. I have brought up evidence, in case you didnt notice.

If i can't police you the good way, i will have to tell a Mod to come police you the bad way.

wink

I have already posted more actual relevant evidence in this thread than you have, such as the Hound's fight against Beric, who was using a flaming sword to boot. But go ahead and call a mod in, if you can get one in here. We can both present our cases and see how things go.

Because I genuinely tried to be reasonable with you in the other Cap thread. And, in return, you repeatedly lied and claimed I said things that I never did. And that is the quickest way to destroy any kind of good will I might feel towards you. So, as far as I am concerned, I don't owe you anything, including courtesy.

Josh_Alexander
I have already posted more actual relevant evidence in this thread than you have, such as the Hound's fight against Beric, who was using a flaming sword to boot. But go ahead and call a mod in, if you can get one in here. We can both present our cases and see how things go.

Because I genuinely tried to be reasonable with you in the other Cap thread. And, in return, you repeatedly lied and claimed I said things that I never did. And that is the quickest way to destroy any kind of good will I might feel towards you. So, as far as I am concerned, I don't owe you anything, including courtesy.

Lol, no you haven't

Go read the cap thread dude. I have already smashed your points. laughing out loud

TheVaultDweller
Lol, no you haven't

Go read the cap thread dude. I have already smashed your points. laughing out loud

What haven't I done? Because I most definitely did post the Hound/Beric fight.

And the only thing you smashed is more of your own credibility. Everyone has already seen all the relevant feats, and have discussed how Luke and Cap compare to death before. We have already analysed everything you posted before that thread was ever made, yet everyone else still came to a different conclusion than you. That's why no one else bothered to address your statements, and still voted for Cage regardless of what you said.

In case you haven't noticed, most people consider you a bit of a joke at this point.

Josh_Alexander
What haven't I done? Because I most definitely did post the Hound/Beric fight.

And the only thing you smashed is more of your own credibility. Everyone has already seen all the relevant feats, and have discussed how Luke and Cap compare to death before. We have already analysed everything you posted before that thread was ever made, yet everyone else still came to a different conclusion than you. That's why no one else bothered to address your statements, and still voted for Cage regardless of what you said.

In case you haven't noticed, most people consider you a bit of a joke at this point.

This doesn't concern this thread, refrain yourself from posting such a comments.

TheVaultDweller
This doesn't concern this thread, refrain yourself from posting such a comments.

laughing

What a hypocrite. You talk about the Cap thread, but when I do it doesn't concern the thread? Okay, Snowflake. I will leave you alone then.

Josh_Alexander
laughing

What a hypocrite. You talk about the Cap thread, but when I do it doesn't concern the thread? Okay, Snowflake. I will leave you alone then.

This doesn't belong to this thread, refrain yourself from posting such comments.

(Better focus on defending your case in it's respective thread, since it's clear i've beaten your ass).

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.