KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Bronn of the Blackwater vs. Sandor Clegane the Hound

Bronn vs. the Hound
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Bronn 4 30.77%
The Hound 9 69.23%
Total: 13 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Bronn of the Blackwater vs. Sandor Clegane the Hound
Started by: Rebel95

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Rebel95

Bronn of the Blackwater vs. Sandor Clegane the Hound

I'm sure this has been done before but oh well. Fight takes place in the same arena that Oberyn fought the Mountain. Starting distance is 10m. Both have their standard equipment.

Who wins?

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 03:19 AM
Rebel95 is currently offline Click here to Send Rebel95 a Private Message Find more posts by Rebel95 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

Bronn but he's beat to shit after

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 03:29 AM
Sable is currently offline Click here to Send Sable a Private Message Find more posts by Sable Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Sandor Clegane has better feats against solitary opponents than Bronn does, holding his own in a brief duel with his brother, and giving Brienne a very hard fight despite debilitated health from a neck infection. By comparison, Bronn hasn't defeated anyone particularly notable, has been challenged by a one-handed Jaime during sparring, was wounded by a sand snek, and had a really hard time with a lone Dothraki screamer. Also recall that Bronn didn't seem confident in his chances against Gregor, and while Sandor isn't as strong as his older brother, he's still strong enough compared to Bronn that the difference won't really matter, and is quicker than Gregor to boot.

Bronn is a very multi-talented fighter, being a very capable swordsman and archer, and is very adept at surviving a battlefield due to his own ingenuity, but Sandor is just the better duelist IMHO.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 03:40 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

I agree with what you said but Bronn is sneaky and quick. Somehow I think he will etch out a win with a sneak attack.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 03:41 AM
Sable is currently offline Click here to Send Sable a Private Message Find more posts by Sable Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Were it a battlefield I could see Bronn potentially pulling something similar to what he pulled on the Dothraki on Sandor, but in the Oberyn vs. Mountain arena where both only have one threat to worry about? I can't see Bronn killing Sandor with stealth.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 03:43 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

I mean like a situation where Sandor has him dead to rights disarmed on the floor about to lose his head, and Bronn pulls out a knife or secret blade and stabs him in the foot and or throws it at his neck.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 04:05 AM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Bronn takes this one for sure so long he can keep his distance.

He still got his throwing knifes, and is pretty tricky.

He aint bad with the sword neither.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 04:11 AM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggerman

quote: (post)
Originally posted by NemeBro
By comparison ... has been challenged by a one-handed Jaime during sparring,

Nope

"I'M THE JUGGERMAN B!TCH"

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 04:47 AM
juggerman is currently offline Click here to Send juggerman a Private Message Find more posts by juggerman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by juggerman
Nope
Afraid so. Jaime in one of their later spars in season five I believe was managing to hold his own before Bronn grabbed Jaime's golden hand, yanked it off, and smacked him with it. A tactic he would find a little harder to pull off against Sandor.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 04:58 AM
juggerman

Originally posted by NemeBro
Afraid so. Jaime in one of their later spars in season five I believe was managing to hold his own before Bronn grabbed Jaime's golden hand, yanked it off, and smacked him with it. A tactic he would find a little harder to pull off against Sandor.

Sure he did that but he wasn't having trouble at all. He was teaching and therefore was not trying his best. I saw that more as showing Jaime where he was vulnerable rather than him needing to in order to win. If that were the case then Jaime would be around Bronn level in skill and wouldn't need Bronn to slow down that Dorne fighter for him. And Jaime wouldn't need to continue training which he clearly thought he did and that's how Bronn tricked him into seeing his brother

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 05:23 AM
juggerman is currently offline Click here to Send juggerman a Private Message Find more posts by juggerman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darkstorm Zero
Master of all Decepticons

As good as Bronn is, I'mma gonna side with the guy who has more and more varied combat feats.

"I have become Death, the destroyer of worlds..."

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 05:29 AM
Darkstorm Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Darkstorm Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Darkstorm Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggerman

Here's the scene in question:

You see Bronn isn't breaking a sweat while Jaime is basically trying his best to keep up. Bronn had Jaime against the ropes when he pulled the hand off. It wasn't a desperation move, it was a teaching moment. That's why he explains the difference between fighting fighting fancy and fighting to win.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 05:35 AM
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

Hound takes the majority. Bronn is good and adaptable but Hound has the better feats in one on one combat.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 06:05 AM
playa1258 is currently offline Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

bronns better skilled, he's never lost a fight while the hound has and on top of that bronns dirty and sneaky, he'd use fire to distract clegane long enough to kill him

Last edited by relentless1 on Sep 28th, 2017 at 06:27 AM

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 06:23 AM
relentless1 is currently offline Click here to Send relentless1 a Private Message Find more posts by relentless1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggerman

Does Bronn know about Clegane's fear? If so then yeah it would not be above him to exploit it

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 06:35 AM
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

Bronn was at the battle of the blackwater although i can't recall if he was around Sandor much but I've heard enough characters comment on it that it must be at least known if not common knowledge; especially hearing the way Baelish tell the story of the Cleganes he made it seem like a commonly told tale

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 06:51 AM
relentless1 is currently offline Click here to Send relentless1 a Private Message Find more posts by relentless1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
As good as Bronn is, I'mma gonna side with the guy who has more and more varied combat feats.

I agree.

Bronn is too tricky.

If well Sandor is better with the sword, Bronn is just a mastermind.

If Sandor thinks he will meet him with the sword..Wrong Bronn shoots him a knife.

If Sandor thinks Bronn will punch him...Wrong, Bronn will kick his balls.

Bronn seems to me likr a bounty hunter.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 11:39 AM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggerman

Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
I agree.

Bronn is too tricky.

If well Sandor is better with the sword, Bronn is just a mastermind.

If Sandor thinks he will meet him with the sword..Wrong Bronn shoots him a knife.

If Sandor thinks Bronn will punch him...Wrong, Bronn will kick his balls.

Bronn seems to me likr a bounty hunter.

Sounds like you're backing Bronn here but you said you agreed with someone saying he loses...

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 12:45 PM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Originally posted by juggerman
Sounds like you're backing Bronn here but you said you agreed with someone saying he loses...

Lol i didnt read properly!

I thought Dark was supporting Sandor.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 01:21 PM
Darkstorm Zero
Master of all Decepticons

Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
Lol i didnt read properly!

I thought Dark was supporting Sandor.

I was supporting Sandor....

"I have become Death, the destroyer of worlds..."

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 01:26 PM
Darkstorm Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Darkstorm Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Darkstorm Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote