Race Zeta Beams

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

abhilegend
Let's say Adam Strange teleports from Earth by Zeta beams and these characters are tasked to catch him. Keep in mind Adam can teleport across 100 trillion lightyears in moments. Only flight, no teleportation or portals.

http://s6d4.turboimg.net/t1/30520128_7374284.jpg http://s6d4.turboimg.net/t1/30520129_189065.jpg http://s6d4.turboimg.net/t1/30520130_2504889.jpg

1. Quasar
2. Thor
3. Silver Surfer
4. Runner
5. Gladiator

Which of them succeds?

zopzop
Well we know for sure it won't be Quasar. His limit is just under the speed of light. That's why he needs to Quantum Jump. I don't think Runner can do it without warping either.

Gladiator can't do it. We saw on panel, in that Thanos mini, that his speed cap is several hundred times light speed. It's cool but not enough.

That leaves Thor and Surfer.

Thor without Mjolnir isn't doing jacksh|t period. Thor with Mjolnir, without warping, is possible. Mjolnir is a magical artifact and even Surfer was commenting on how fast it moves.

A PIS/CISless Surfer can probably do it. Transform himself into tachyons and have a go at it.

Galan007
^ You should have posted the first page of that scene, abhi -- it helps gauge/quantify the feat far better, imo:
https://s7d3.turboimg.net/t1/36371279_554451.jpg https://s7d3.turboimg.net/t1/36371280_986344.jpg

*Adam zeta-beamed himself and Superman 100 trillion light years away, in the space of a SINGLE PANEL.

Suffice to say, NONE of the contestants here possess the raw speed necessary to outrace zeta-beams, lol. Not even close.

riv6672
Thor and SS.
Zop made a distinction of Thor without Mjolnir, but thats not really relevant.
In the classic sense theyre a package deal. Like Hal/Ring, Cap/Shield, Batman/Belt, Tony/Armor.
Unless the OP specifies otherwise, and it didnt, why even bother saying 'with/without hammer'?

Aaaanyway, yeah, Thor and SS, they can do it. It would be a bigger feat for Thor than the space faring SS.

Galan007
Scans of Thor or Surfer traveling 100 trillion light years in a single panel, with nothing but their own raw speed? mmm

riv6672
Scans of them failing to do so?
I mean, if you want scans of my opinion, i'd like some of yours.
Otherwise, we both just have opinions, dont we. mmm

CosmicComet
100 trillion light years is way bigger than our own universe. ~90 billion light years.

What flight speeds have thor and ss shown on that level?

It took Surfer a fraction of a second to cross 1 whole lightyear, and he was pushing himself.

darthgoober
Wait, are Zeta beams a means of teleportation or a means of propulsion? Just confused because the OP says that the Adam teleports but that no teleportation is allowed. So is the question who can travel faster than "instantly" or what?

While I won't go so far as to say that Surfer could do it, I will say that I could see it being within the realm of possibility for him. There was one time where him, BRB, and Quasar needed to get somewhere quick so the later two teleported and Surfer seemed to arrive at the same time. It was no where near the distance being discussed though, I'm just pointing out that he's seemingly kept up with long range teleportation before.

darthgoober
Originally posted by CosmicComet
100 trillion light years is way bigger than our own universe. ~90 billion light years.

What flight speeds have thor and ss shown on that level?

It took Surfer a fraction of a second to cross 1 whole lightyear, and he was pushing himself.
Yeah but you can really use that feat as a negative because we don't actually know just how small of a fraction of a second it was.

CosmicComet
Eh, we can ball park it pretty well.

Looking at the panels again we see Thanos throw a punch at Cap just as Surfer starts his movement, and we see Thanos' punch get closer and closer to Cap's face before Surfer arrives.

We even see that Cap's facial expression has time to change while Surfer is traveling.

He was gritting his teeth in one panel and his mouth was closed in another.

All in all I'd say it was a 1/10th of a second scene. Even if it was 1/100th of a second it wouldn't be enough.

darthgoober
Originally posted by CosmicComet
Eh, we can ball park it pretty well.

Looking at the panels again we see Thanos throw a punch at Cap just as Surfer starts his movement, and we see Thanos' punch get closer and closer to Cap's face before Surfer arrives.

We even see that Cap's facial expression has time to change while Surfer is traveling.

He was gritting his teeth in one panel and his mouth was closed in another.

All in all I'd say it was a 1/10th of a second scene. Even if it was 1/100th of a second it wouldn't be enough.
See, I just don't like the idea of treating that particular feat as if it's quantifiable for or against Surfer. Even when I posted it in the his respect thread I actually labled as him traveling just over a light year in second(s) just to account for the possiblility of Thanos holding up his hand tauntingly rather than just throwing a regular punch. I consider it one of those things that's obviously impressive, but too ambiguous to use for a definitive answer for or against Surfer's speed in anything but the broadest sense.

Stoic
I don't think that any of them can do it. I wonder if the Flash can though?

Galan007
Originally posted by riv6672
Scans of them failing to do so?
I mean, if you want scans of my opinion, i'd like some of yours.
Otherwise, we both just have opinions, dont we. mmm ...Except me saying that NO ONE on this list can outrace zeta-beams isn't just my 'opinion', because NONE of them have feats to suggest they can... Not even remotely close, in fact. Ergo, my 'opinion' here is actually *fact*. smile

Anywho, you are more than welcome to have an opinion that Thor and Surfer can outrace zeta-beams with their own raw speed. I just hope you realize that your opinion doesn't mean anything at all in this debate, unless you can validate it with *some* form of on panel evidence(which you have yet to do) -- this is referred to as the "burden of proof"... Now IF you are able to provide said evidence, your opinion could then be moved into the realm of *fact*.

This is how debating works. Let me know if I can help you with anything else. thumb up

Originally posted by darthgoober
Wait, are Zeta beams a means of teleportation or a means of propulsion? Teleportation. It allows for instantaneous travel across any distance... This goes all the way back to its very first appearance in the 1950s.

Originally posted by Stoic
I don't think that any of them can do it. I wonder if the Flash can though? Because zeta-beam literally equates to instantaneous teleportation from one point to another, the only way it could logically be 'outraced' is with *some* form of temporal manipulation/dilation... Basically how Flash 'outran' the Cosmic Gamblers.

leonidas
only way i could see it coming even close to happening would be if someone were able to BECOME zeta energy. not impossible for someone like ss but likely against the spirit of the rules. someone could also harness it--maybe more plausible, but under their own power, using only speed? no one here has even remotely CLOSE to the feats to suggest this is even a debatable issue. /shrug

Galan007
thumb up

And I'm sure SS could harness/become zeta-beam, tbh... Firestorm has, after all. But like you said: I think OP only wants raw physical speed used here.

ghostman
didnt ss outrace the destruction of the multiverse?

also i think the closest outside of that would be fates helmet when it outraced the big bang and new52 cap atom doing the same thing.

i think they can do it.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Stoic
I don't think that any of them can do it. I wonder if the Flash can though?

He can, easily....he outraced instantaneous transmission before

abhilegend
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
He was amped but before that he was able to race them.

He raced against zeta beams off panel though.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-crVnsxGKv48/VnuwWrh22nI/AAAAAAAAa5s/dT9zmIMPym8/s1600-Ic42/RCO016.jpg

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by abhilegend

Wait he was amped?

abhilegend
By speed of entire Earth, Krakkl and five of the fastest Superheroes on earth.

DarkSaint85
Oh.

leonidas
lol you taking flash is like lob taking ss. thumb up

DarkSaint85
I actually sent my write-up last night, so nothing I can do now lol....

ashroro
I think the amp came after that panel though. Everything done up to then was with his own speed. It was near the last few pages of that comic arc. I got the original comic. I'll check on it tonight.

Really Wally was just that fast. cool

cdtm
So he raced Zeta's unamped.

And the implication is he won? Because Earth at stake if he loses anything?

We don't know the range he did this over, though.. I suppose instant is instant, but he hasn't exactly been fast enough at base to cross the universe in the blink of an eye.

So funny how he can do it at short range, but not long distances, since again instant is instant, at any distance..

beatboks

Yeah but he had help.He was given the speed of another speedster who had all the speed of his race AND after that stolle all the speed on earth.

he needed someone to amp him first, not a feat he could do alone. we dont even know if he could steal that much speed without the lend first

carver9
No one here can outrace those beams. Beerus and Goku can though.

smile

beatboks
Originally posted by abhilegend

He raced against zeta beams off panel though.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-crVnsxGKv48/VnuwWrh22nI/AAAAAAAAa5s/dT9zmIMPym8/s1600-Ic42/RCO016.jpg
Shoulda scrolled one more post before leaping in head first to reply I guess

Galan007
Originally posted by cdtm
So he raced Zeta's unamped.

And the implication is he won? Because Earth at stake if he loses anything? There were no implications one way or the other. I could "race against" a Corvette, for example -- doesn't mean I'll win.

Forcing Wally and Krakkl to race zeta-beams was just part of the Gamblers' racetrack -- remember, the track curved in and out of spacetime, so there were a LOT of 'meta' obstacles. For example, at one point they had to outrace the big bang itself in the distant past, and in the next instance they were dodging 'tyrant liquids' in the distant future... That was all just part of the course.

Anywho, the only race the Gamblers cared about...the only race with any stakes...was Wally vs. Krakkl. The loser of that race forfeited their home-world. IOW, Wally could have very well not outraced the zeta-beams there -- it wouldn't have affected the 'bet' at all.

**Also keep in mind: Wally said they made "us" race zeta-beams... Which means Krakkl raced them as well... And his speed is definitively capped at c. So yeah...

cdtm
Originally posted by carver9

smile

Beerus and Goku don't even have speed feats above Iron Fist, let alone Superman's insane speeding up past time dilation to the point where days and nights were passing in seconds

ghostman
Originally posted by carver9

smile

laughing laughing laughing laughing embarrasment

its quite sad you believe this with all your heart too.

show us these feats that suggest they can, we will wait.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by beatboks
Yeah but he had help.He was given the speed of another speedster who had all the speed of his race AND after that stolle all the speed on earth.

he needed someone to amp him first, not a feat he could do alone. we dont even know if he could steal that much speed without the lend first

That's what happens when one relies on respect threads.

carver9
Originally posted by ghostman
laughing laughing laughing laughing embarrasment

its quite sad you believe this with all your heart too.

show us these feats that suggest they can, we will wait.

Beerus flew through a dimension to the Goku of Goku universe in less the 2 minutes. Did you get that? He flew through an entire to mention, all the way to the other end of Universe in 2 minutes flat. Also, it has been marked that they have instantaneous speeds. I was just playing with that post anyways, let's keep DBS out of this thread before we all get banned. Beyondergod

Galan007
Beerus is fast, but neither he nor Whis possess instantaneous travel. If they did, the 2 minute feat you mentioned would not have taken 2 minutes, lol -- it would have literally taken no time at all. IOW, they cannot match...let alone beat... the instantaneous teleportation of zeta-beams.

Goku possesses instantaneous teleportation via IT, but that technique is wholly dependent on his ability to sense ki. If he cannot sense ki in a given location, he cannot teleport there. Period.

The only characters in the Dragonball multiverse that possess the ability of *unbounded* instantaneous teleportation are the Kaioshin and Zeno. They can instantly 'port anywhere they want, with NO restrictions.

That said, NO ONE in Dragonball is outracing instantaneous teleportation with raw travel speed alone, lol.

cdtm
And that's Whis anyways, he was obviously taxing Beerus and Goku.

As a straight line flight speed feat, it's rather pathetic by comic book standards. laughing

Genii96
You can't outrace instant teleportation on your own. The only way Here is if SS can scan the beams,allowing him replicate it

Otherwise no

100 trillion light years
That's multi-unversal in distance

Rao Kal El
Wait he was amped?

Noob!

And lol at Berus and Goku being faster than the Z beams.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.