KMC Tournament of Power

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.



"Id"

"Id"

"Id"
Tournament will start once I have everyone's write up via PM.

"Id"
I want to personally thank all the participants who stuck it out. I also appreciate your patience.

Two members dropped out.

Sin I Am and JBL.

Please keep that in mind when considering the validity of strategies, outcome, and votes.

Note to Judges and Participants. I allowed deathslashto supplement book material for the lack of comic book appearances for his character (Darth Sidious)

"Id"

"Id"
bluewaterrider - Wonder Woman
Biggest threats are probably Zoom, Flash, Martian Manhunter, Thor, and Energy Superman in about that order. Realistically have to allow some players to eliminate each other. I am assuming I have my lasso in hand even as Green Lantern has ring in hand. Strategy: Immediately ascend while stamping the ground silently praying for the Godwave and asking Hermes if he would allow his name as the God of Speed to be mocked by Western heathen (Flash and Zoom).
While flying as fast as possible around the dome, I would wrap my fist and forearm with the lasso as a boxer pre-wraps with tape before putting on gloves.
Note this leaves fingers exposed and free to grasp, but palms, fists, and arms protected. This also protects me to some extent from mental assaults and illusion. I have prepared Proteus' gift of illusion and my Morpheus touch. I am seeking to lasso Martian Manhunter above all else. I will partner with any JLA teammate against the rest of the field, so if someone says to me "Wait, let's do this together!", I will accept, though first probably lasso them to see if they're sincere. Now ...
If Hermes has granted me speed great enough to counter Flash and Zoom directly, I knock out Zoom. I'll let Flash handle as much of the rest of the field as possible before taking him out, unless he teams with me, via simple lasso command or sleep touch, which is the method I'll use by default for every opponent regardless, unless I can get J'onn to sleep everyone.
Ditto for Godwave granted.
If Martian Manhunter partners with me, I'll have him mind-whammy everybody. If that doesn't work on Flash, have J'onn disappear and, while invisible, ambush Flash the way the White Martians did earlier. If MM won't cooperate tries the Injustice phasing, etc, pray to Hermes to allow air friction physics to resume around me and create the heat neccessary to weaken and subdue MM or force his surrender. Lasso him as partner
If cratered by an occupied heavy hitter, feign unconsciousness or death while using Proteus' illusion to hide my open eyes and unscarred features. Surprise them with Morpheus touch if they follow up. Please note that my bracelets block magic lightning (see Wonder Woman #600), and that Thor's presence with overpowered Mjolnir along with the speedsters make Wondy's gods granting Godwave near-automatic.

https://s7d2.turboimg.net/t1/36412714_image.jpg


https://s7d2.turboimg.net/t1/36412715_image.jpg https://s7d2.turboimg.net/t1/36412716_image.jpg


https://s7d2.turboimg.net/t1/36412717_image.jpg https://s7d2.turboimg.net/t1/36412718_image.jpg https://s7d2.turboimg.net/t1/36412719_image.jpg https://s7d2.turboimg.net/t1/36412720_image.jpg

"Id"

"Id"
zip.

"Id"

"Id"

"Id"

"Id"
carver9 - Zoom (Hunter Solomon)- Team Carver & Reality Warper
Alright, so I'm sure everyone knows what my plans are but they are entirely unsure on who my partner is... My plan is to take out everyone as fast as possible while at the same time using my partner as back up. I AM the fastest person on the field and the battlefield is only 4000 miles long. I have all of the time in the world. Let me explain why...
I'm so fast that Zoom is a blur to the Jay. Jay thought that he was hit by an invisible enemy. Didn't even see what hit him.
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/10/107619/2239612-zoom_blur2.jpg
Let me guess. Since this is Jay, you're not impressed by it??? Here we have blood lusted Wally attacking Zoom and Zoom is blocking all of his attacks with one hand.
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/12/124784/3525421-file0011a.jpg
Wait, let me guess, that still isn't impressive. How about this. Flash stole speed/power from Jay and Bart. Let me guess, you all think that is still too slow? Even with the added speed, Zoom still appeared as a blur to Flash.
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/10/107619/2239634-zoom_vs_flash2.jpg
I can also post him living (yes, living) within the ticks of a second. I'm not going to do it because I know you all believe it.
I have to be relentless during this match, I have to kill (yes, kill), everyone before they even realized what is going on and I am capable of doing it. People here is probably thinking that they are safe due to this fight being on an arena 4000 plus miles wide. Probably thinking they can react before I got to them. As I said before, I have all of the time in the world. While fighing, combating flash, I was capable of covering EVERY INCH of the planet a THOUSAND TIMES in less than a second.
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/12/124784/3525448-flash+%5Bv2%5D+%23200+page+21.jpg

I can find everyone, kill them, play a game of solo chess, eat me a happy meal afterwards and still have enough time to spare before they realized they were dead. My main problem here is Flash but I am too fast for him as well. Yes, too fast for him. I was able to visit Linda, who was a thousand miles away and return back to an amped Flash before he realized what happened. He didn't even see me move. http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/12/124784/3525431-file0022a.jpg
So the combatants start off with standard weapons. My goal here is to take advantage of one person weapon and that is Diana.
I quickly run over to Diana. I take her sword and her rope (remember, everything is at a standstill while I am doing this). Guess who my first victim is going to be? Of course, Flash. Remember, I was able to move faster than an amped Flash could perceive. This version of Flash isn't amped. I run over to him and lop his head clean off (I know, brutal). I then proceed to run over to Blue Superman and slice through his shields, punch at his shields with all of my strength until I am in. I then proceed at laying haymakers, thousands of them until he is dropped.
I run over to silver surfer and I slice and punch away at his shields with everything I have until I break through. Surfer shields isn't enduring a thousand punches more powerful than Superman punches or a blade that can cut through Atoms.
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/4/48954/1842495-new_picture__49_.jpg
Her sword with just a flick of her wrist damage Superman.
https://qph.ec.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-5223f36c608f18f25ccbb5b6bef7f7dc
Once I'm through. I punch Surfer with a thousand Superman PLUS level punches koing him and tossing him off the edge with a hard punch to follow. Thanos has killed Surfer is 6 punches... how many all out blows do you think it would take me to drop him?
I then go on a killing spree with the sword. I cut off Sin head. I then cut off Martian Manhunter head and then grab him, push him to the edge, punch him off as hard as I can so I can make sure he touches the bottom. Why did I do this? Because if he grows his head back, he still have to fly back up. I cant see that happening in 2 seconds.
I slice Digi head clean off. We have all witness my blade cutting Superman. I stab him right in the brain with it and push him off the cliff. Stab Odinson in the brain. If he have a shield up, I do to the shield the same thing I did to Surfer Shield and then I cut him to pieces starting with his head. Thor has been stabbed through on many occasions. Here is an emample.
https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11125/111252882/4979506-1310315654-1rPm9.jpg
I turn Thor into Chopped steak.
Diana gets her neck chopped off as well with her own blade but just to seal the deal, I grab her tiara as an additional weapon.
Nate gets his shields punched through. His shields can NOT handle my punches. How do I know? 4 punches from Hulk broke clean through his shielding. I will hit his shield with hundreds of Superman plus blows.
http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s388.photobucket.com/user/OneDumbG0/media/Hulk%20Strength/SavageHulkStrikingPower24X-ManHulkAnnual1998.jpg.html
Once I'm in, head slice. Run to Godzilla and circle his entire body with the blade. Run up and down his body with the blade. Make sure I have covered every square inch of his body until he is chunks. I turn invincible into Sushi, starting with what, his skull.
Hyperion gets stabbed in the head. If a blade can cut Supes, it can cut him as well. How do I know. Corvus blade sliced https://i.pinimg.com/originals/c3/f8/c3/c3f8c303658a5074db1e2cece83eb513.jpg
So we have Doom (major problem, thanks a lot ID for giving people prep), Hal, Kang, Darth Sid, Quasar, and Kang. Remember me having a partner. Here is where my partner come into play. Remember me having that lasso, it is needed here. I push all of these peeps once they are found on this flat surface to Elixar. I then wrap Darth Sid, Hal and Quasar in Diana lasso and leave them in front of Elixar. I then put Kang and Doom in front of each other hoping they are not team mates and let them fight it out while I go and help Elixar with her three opponents. I keep all 3 of these people busy solo while Elixar get through their shielding taking them out. I pound away, keep them preoccupied long enough for her to wrap it up against these opponents. I guess I need proof that I can fight multiples of peeps at high speeds. Here we have me fighting the Justice League, hitting them before they could react.
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/4/48954/1842506-new_picture__60_.jpg
And I was holding back during the scan above. Here is my partner ability which is the reason I put him in front of shield peeps.

http://photobucket.com/gallery/user/Tusourd/media/ cGF0aDpDaGFyYWN0ZXIgZmVhdHMvSm9zaHVhIEZvbGV5IEVsaX
hpci9OZXdYLU1lbjMzLURlYXRoVG91Y2guanBn/?ref=

Quasar shields can be broken through.
http://pm1.narvii.com/6311/660fff956faa76f02e050bfe8a600539a4141a82_hq.jpg
I have the strength to crash them and the punching power to do it as well. Hal Jordan Shields will get ripped through as well because I do have the punching power to do it as shown here when Diana rips through the shields with ease.
https://comicnewbies.files.wordpress.com/2014/08/wonder-woman-vs-green-lantern-1.jpg
If I can punch through these people shieldings, Dark Sid shields are nothing and he gets pummeled to death and stabbed, shanked. I then run over while staying blind to the neck eye (faster than Flash can see) and I check on the fight between Doom and Kang. Whomever wins between those two will be problematic. I stay invisible and I run over and tell Elixar to pretend like he is dead or once he is blasted, pretend like he is out of if he gets killed, (sorry Elixar) I'll still win the fight for us. I disappear from the battlefield while remaining at Superspeed.
https://arousinggrammardotcom.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/flashzoom31.jpg
Here we see Zoom living in the tick of a second. I will wait it out until the last person that is standing thinks he won the battle. Once he lets his guard down, shields down. I kill him instantly, even if its Doom and Kang.

This was a fast written out paragraph. Sorry everyone. Had to get this out of the way. At least I killed Dark.

"Id"
RealityWarper - Elixir - Team Carver & Reality Warper
My general strategy is to stay around with Carver scouting while I am hiding like a ninja.

Carver lure the opponents in my vicinity and I destroy them when they are around.

Elixir is an omega-level mutant with Biokinesis. He would have no problem killing everyone here because his powers ignores the durability. He simply destroy totally their biology and disintegrate them.
Died and resurrected himself:

https://s1.postimg.org/2h4obxhz5n/Uncanny_X-_Men_2016-_002-019.jpg

https://s1.postimg.org/70jgt2kqkr/Uncanny_X-_Men_2016-_002-020.jpg

https://s1.postimg.org/60qm1qt1uz/Uncanny_X-_Men_2016-_002-021.jpg

https://s1.postimg.org/2ae7unzz4b/Uncanny_X-_Men_2016-_Annual_001-001.jpg

https://s1.postimg.org/7epwjy0yxn/Uncanny_X-_Men_2016-_Annual_001-002.jpg

https://s1.postimg.org/3ddx5jssyz/Uncanny_X-_Men_2016-_Annual_001-004.jpg



Kills and resurrect one of the DArkriders:

https://s1.postimg.org/4uwtlh389n/Uncanny_X-_Men_2016-_Annual_001-002.jpg

https://s1.postimg.org/3odicvnbqz/Uncanny_X-_Men_2016-_Annual_001-003.jpg

https://s1.postimg.org/1bnn9u6dm3/Uncanny_X-_Men_2016-_Annual_001-005.jpg

https://s1.postimg.org/5k2ujnqemz/Uncanny_X-_Men_2016-_Annual_001-006.jpg

"Id"

"Id"

"Id"

"Id"

"Id"

"Id"

"Id"

"Id"
celeyhyga17 - Loki - Allied: Celey with Super-mutant Post 1/2
Loki's plan is to divide and conquer.

Match starts, I put up shields.
https://imgur.com/a/lAAlM
Shields powerful enough to go rounds with Seth(skyfather level in his realm). Same Seth who's fight with Odin caused shockwaves in "every plane of reality".
https://imgur.com/IivbucM.jpg

I locate my buddy Victor with extensive clairvoyant abilities.
Telepathic link so we will have synergy with our planning and our moves.

Telepathic link.
https://imgur.com/UcCe4Qa.jpg

Locates the Avengers from the Isle of Silence.
https://imgur.com/XqrPbym.jpg
https://imgur.com/hyuT6f8.jpg
https://imgur.com/uvg8p5c.jpg

Locates GR and Absorbing Man from afar.
https://imgur.com/OQ2pUlU.jpg
https://imgur.com/PoQdQ3g.jpg

I teleport to him or I teleport him to my location. Then I cloak us with invisibility and keep us phased.

Teleports himself and Osborn while phased and cloaked.
https://imgur.com/xOqoT9w.jpg

Locates Hulk while in Asgard and teleports him there.
https://imgur.com/ORhvWha.jpg

Teleports and visible only to who he wants.
https://imgur.com/nX5fGnb.jpg

Teleports to Thor's location and is immediately phased and invisible.
https://imgur.com/g3dC5Eu.jpg
https://imgur.com/zzsa3up.jpg
https://imgur.com/uA1iMVh.jpg

Not only teleport you, but also the ground you walk on(w/wards to prevent easy escape).
https://imgur.com/hZTYiGh.jpg
https://imgur.com/HaRwv1s.jpg

Can dimensionally phase.
https://imgur.com/WEEeVjM.jpg

Can molecularly phase others from remote location(Asgard to earth).
https://imgur.com/khr3foC.jpg
https://imgur.com/tmvrf9T.jpg

Sorcery to keep us extra hidden.

Mephisto cannot pinpoint Loki in his own realm.
https://imgur.com/fWwfAmF.jpg

Mordred cannot identity Loki's Astral form.
https://imgur.com/gopoUd3.jpg

And oh btw, I'm pretty fast when it comes to spellcasting and mobility.

"My speed is that of a god!"
https://imgur.com/a/SCxrc

Moves at the speed of thought.
https://imgur.com/FSrQTvz.jpg
https://imgur.com/gNgu1q3.jpg

Spell casting at the speed of thought!
https://imgur.com/a/L02jO

Speed of thought trumps the speed of light.
https://static2.comicvine.com/uploa...68515-KKGpa.png

And again.
https://imgur.com/64NaMe8.jpg
https://imgur.com/lF7EaAO.jpg

Can perceive radio waves. Radio waves travel at the speed of c.
https://imgur.com/mVLTFoR.jpg

So many things me and my buddy Victor can do while completely undetectable by the others. We can easily be upon our enemies and cause havoc. He'll do his thing while I do mine. We can also cause damage remotely.

As for what I can bring to the table, here are just a few.

Power drain. He can take what he wants or just make you less than you are. With Doom's own power draining capabilities, our opponents are double phukked.

Takes Godstorm's power for his own.
https://imgur.com/tppgpqr.jpg

Removes Hulk's gamma spawned power.
https://imgur.com/a/N3uEX

Drains the Wrecking Crew.
https://imgur.com/Xt8XA6n.jpg
https://imgur.com/jaTIBBA.jpg
https://imgur.com/XnuuYOJ.jpg

I can matter manip my surroundings to keep things in our favor.
https://imgur.com/3O46Qjg.jpg
https://imgur.com/lyaF5gy.jpg

https://imgur.com/Y0mpPlD.jpg
https://imgur.com/OotBIsH.jpg
https://imgur.com/rrgnSpY.jpg

Hell I can outright warp my opponents if I want to.

Tree into tiger.
https://imgur.com/rrgnSpY.jpg

Humans into "blank beings" and "negatives".
https://imgur.com/np4TvMe.jpg
https://imgur.com/0f68F35.jpg

Humans into stone and glass. Remove your innards and leave just skin. Remove your skin.
https://imgur.com/gYKAD27.jpg

Storm giant into falcon and back.
https://imgur.com/Ff7dA3H.jpg

Asgardian into a goat.
https://imgur.com/LgSGu5u.jpg

"Id"

"Id"

"Id"

"Id"

"Id"

"Id"

"Id"
Abhi very creative state strategy I do have 2 problems

the first is how is how he would choose the 30th century straight off the bat. we haven't really seen anything to show him as a clairvoyant to know what part of the future to go to for the miracle machine.

I also have a problem with the speed of his time stop I mean seriously speed of thought according to forum Rules is 30 miles per second, many of his adversaries move much faster than that and could have attacked already. There is also the fact that with this thread many time manipulators means a likelihood it wont carry for all.

Bluewater smartly relied on others taking out some of the peak threats outside his ability range first unfortunate for him no one seemed to do that which means that his whole strategy fell apart it was a good use of Wonder Woman, but she is simply outclassed in his particular tourney

Damborgson for me much of his strategy relies far too much on NLF. seriously his attacks are good and he has the scans to back it up, I just find it really hard to believe that any storm is going to have the power to deal with all these characters there are quite a few on the field here we can withstand the force of a black hole so he's going to need a storm that's many many many times the force of a black hole and it just doesn't sit with me

LOB solid strategy and an excellent idea to have surfer go subatomic making it harder for him to be found. well supported and ironically he even sells in the idea that surfer stops Superman (wonder how long he holds that particular view on these boards). To this point easily the best argument

Martian mind his idea of going into the planet is a great strategy for survival. I have a serious problem with his speed analogy however. I mean let's face it Martian Manhunter has struggled to keep up with spaceship that traveled at light speed. In fact if I recall correctly in Detroit area league he had to TK hang on with everything he had just to keep himself traveling with a spaceship carrying gypsy. If he had that sort of speed this wouldn't have been necessary. Using a scan of taking flash doesn't necessarily mean you're as fast as Flash Deathstroke and Deadshot have both done it, so it just doesn't carry any weight and too much of his strategy relies on this alleged speed he doesn't have. Also the splitting off of self etc so he could come back was covered ny "Id''s rule about characters who could resurrect


Carver and reality warper was somewhat contradictory carver goes on to tell us how he's going to decimate everyone and then his final paragraph he's going to wait out until the last one standing and take them out what sort of undermined it everything is going at all that effort with this being the case it's order through everything out for me and without Carver support I just don't see reality Walper's Elixir doing the job.

Leo digi and Smurf this is a well formed alliance with everyone really complementing the others well the strategy works well. While they too have a problem with this speed of the time stop (ah la Abhi) this is covered well by the fact that they are also shielded by shaman. This team steps into the lead ahead of LOB.

Dark St and Phil DS lost me almost immediately his idea of hundreds of flashs coming from the future falls apart when others have her time stopped instants into the battle. there's not much of an "available" future for them to come from because of this. since almost everything seems to rely on that it puts a huge hole Phil put up a really good showing for blue Superman which brought it up to the same level as lob for Surfer. In this field of alliances however without the flash side of the argument working it just doesn't cut the mustard I'm afraid. to enact this plan successfully you really needed to deduce who would time stop and blitz/KO before they had a chance to do so

That brings us to our final Alliance / non Alliance super mutant did a great job shooting himself in the foot and killing his teammates. Why he would stupidly attack his Allies first instead of last so they do their bit and take the pressure off him is totally and utterly beyond me. This stupid move which I guess fits with doom's arrogance has cost him dearly. Had he allowed the alliance to go through and then take them out of the end I would have awarded this team the win and him accordingly. Because of the Smart Move of having so many key players team together and how they others played theirs out. All these villains working together and not crossing each other meant of course there had to be someone turn on the others. He just made that turn the wrong way and to his own detriment.

Winner Leo/Digi Smurph
= second (or should that be 4th) LOB and Phil (despite his alliance shortfall)
Abhi next

It would have been interesting to see an alliance between any of the three LOB/Phil/Abhi using the tactics and showings they gave.

"Id"

"Id"
Winners Team Leo, Digi, Smurph

beatboks
Originally posted by "Id"
Abhi very creative state strategy I do have 2 problems

the first is how is how he would choose the 30th century straight off the bat. we haven't really seen anything to show him as a clairvoyant to know what part of the future to go to for the miracle machine.

I also have a problem with the speed of his time stop I mean seriously speed of thought according to forum Rules is 30 miles per second, many of his adversaries move much faster than that and could have attacked already. There is also the fact that with this thread many time manipulators means a likelihood it wont carry for all.

Bluewater smartly relied on others taking out some of the peak threats outside his ability range first unfortunate for him no one seemed to do that which means that his whole strategy fell apart it was a good use of Wonder Woman, but she is simply outclassed in his particular tourney

Damborgson for me much of his strategy relies far too much on NLF. seriously his attacks are good and he has the scans to back it up, I just find it really hard to believe that any storm is going to have the power to deal with all these characters there are quite a few on the field here we can withstand the force of a black hole so he's going to need a storm that's many many many times the force of a black hole and it just doesn't sit with me

LOB solid strategy and an excellent idea to have surfer go subatomic making it harder for him to be found. well supported and ironically he even sells in the idea that surfer stops Superman (wonder how long he holds that particular view on these boards). To this point easily the best argument

Martian mind his idea of going into the planet is a great strategy for survival. I have a serious problem with his speed analogy however. I mean let's face it Martian Manhunter has struggled to keep up with spaceship that traveled at light speed. In fact if I recall correctly in Detroit area league he had to TK hang on with everything he had just to keep himself traveling with a spaceship carrying gypsy. If he had that sort of speed this wouldn't have been necessary. Using a scan of taking flash doesn't necessarily mean you're as fast as Flash Deathstroke and Deadshot have both done it, so it just doesn't carry any weight and too much of his strategy relies on this alleged speed he doesn't have. Also the splitting off of self etc so he could come back was covered ny "Id''s rule about characters who could resurrect


Carver and reality warper was somewhat contradictory carver goes on to tell us how he's going to decimate everyone and then his final paragraph he's going to wait out until the last one standing and take them out what sort of undermined it everything is going at all that effort with this being the case it's order through everything out for me and without Carver support I just don't see reality Walper's Elixir doing the job.

Leo digi and Smurf this is a well formed alliance with everyone really complementing the others well the strategy works well. While they too have a problem with this speed of the time stop (ah la Abhi) this is covered well by the fact that they are also shielded by shaman. This team steps into the lead ahead of LOB.

Dark St and Phil DS lost me almost immediately his idea of hundreds of flashs coming from the future falls apart when others have her time stopped instants into the battle. there's not much of an "available" future for them to come from because of this. since almost everything seems to rely on that it puts a huge hole Phil put up a really good showing for blue Superman which brought it up to the same level as lob for Surfer. In this field of alliances however without the flash side of the argument working it just doesn't cut the mustard I'm afraid. to enact this plan successfully you really needed to deduce who would time stop and blitz/KO before they had a chance to do so

That brings us to our final Alliance / non Alliance super mutant did a great job shooting himself in the foot and killing his teammates. Why he would stupidly attack his Allies first instead of last so they do their bit and take the pressure off him is totally and utterly beyond me. This stupid move which I guess fits with doom's arrogance has cost him dearly. Had he allowed the alliance to go through and then take them out of the end I would have awarded this team the win and him accordingly. Because of the Smart Move of having so many key players team together and how they others played theirs out. All these villains working together and not crossing each other meant of course there had to be someone turn on the others. He just made that turn the wrong way and to his own detriment.

Winner Leo/Digi Smurph
= second (or should that be 4th) LOB and Phil (despite his alliance shortfall)
Abhi next

It would have been interesting to see an alliance between any of the three LOB/Phil/Abhi using the tactics and showings they gave.

For the benifit of anyone with a bone to pick this judgement was mine.

have at it/me

Bentley
Congratulations guys, nice write up job as per usual.

Nice to see that teaming up paid for some of us ermm

Edit: Thanks to the judges also, I've been a judge often enough to know it can take some time to read through so much BS big grin

DarkSaint85
Haha I see my strategy confused everyone!

I blame Hollywood for peddling time travel myths. I don't NEED an available future to come from, lol. Just like Imperiex didn't need one, a causal loop does not need a beginning timeline to start.

As for the number of guys I can send back? It's the same guy. Only one guy is travelling back.

DarkSaint85
Btw, I don't want to sound bitter......thanks to the judges and to all who participated!

And of course, Id! Good fun all. Go big or go home, right? Time CLONE ARMY REPRESENT!!!!!

leonidas
well, huh. lol can't believe 2 judges actually picked the same team. lol that team must have been AWESOME....

thanks for wading through all that gents. not sure who i'd have voted on but that was tough to get through so the time was much appreciated. good idea id, it was fun.

Digi
Thank you to the judges, and to Id for hosting. Blair, your hatred of all of us was just as sweet as a vote for us would have been, so I recuse you from my enmity. stick out tongue

And to my teammates, you're welcome thanks for putting together an excellent plan. It was fun!

"Id"
Great Job guys. Thank you judges for your help.

If it came down to it. And I needed to place a vote. I was leaning in Favor of DS and Philo.


With that being said.

If you want to move into round 2. I would allow it, it would be a free for all between DS, Philo, Leo, Digi, and Smurph.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Originally posted by "Id"
Great Job guys. Thank you judges for your help.

If it came down to it.

If you want to move into round 2. I would allow it, it would be a free for all between DS, Philo, Leo, Digi, and Smurph.
Now a round 2 where the peeps can't cooperate or so would seem fitting. ^^

Smurph
Shout-out to B-Dub for voting the wrong way.

F*ck you too, Blair. thumb up

leonidas
thumb up

Raptor22
Congrats digi, Leo, and smurph. Great job everyone

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by Raptor22
Congrats digi, Leo, and smurph. Great job everyone

YOUR NAME ALONE OFFENDS ME!!!

Blair Wind
Originally posted by Smurph
Shout-out to B-Dub for voting the wrong way.

F*ck you too, Blair. thumb up

Originally posted by leonidas
thumb up
Guys never invite me to their tournament parties and still want me to vote for them. 😒😒😒

(JK. I'm pretty sure I'm done doing tournaments in general, it's too much time I don't have anymore. Adulting sucks).

Digi
Originally posted by Blair Wind
Guys never invite me to their tournament parties and still want me to vote for them. 😒😒😒

(JK. I'm pretty sure I'm done doing tournaments in general, it's too much time I don't have anymore. Adulting sucks).

Counter-research for the last mini-tourney we did drove this home for me. I ended up winging it with my writeup, and it bit me in the ass. I'm happy enough to do less than I used to, though, but yeah, it's harder than it sued to be to carve out the time to do these things right.

leonidas
i thought some of the plans were pretty good--especially from a couple of the solo guys. mm did a nice job too, but simply lacked the horsepower in the end. i think the reason abhi failed was outlined clearly and were some of the reasons i'd pegged for his plan falling short. i've already talked to ds about his plan quite a bit and he knows my thoughts on it, so i'll leave him out--i am a little surprised nothing we talked about came out, though so...kudos to ds and phil i guess for making this close. lol

i thought damborg and lob in particular were really impressive with their write ups. ss actually had an outside shot to win this imo. thank god for the forum and the world's sanity he didn't, but still, nice job lob. thumb up carv could have done more. what he did was solid enough. needed a better partner. elixir just didn't have near enough juice to help. the backstabbing bunch was funny as hell and they basically eliminated a large amount of the field for us through their own shenanigans. doom may have had a chance in this had he not backstabbed...everyone.

regardless, it was fun reading this stuff and i was impressed by the creativity, thought and effort that went into this.

Supermutant
@ beatboks, I think calling my plan stupid was unnecessary and inaccurate.

Originally posted by "Id"
Why he would stupidly attack his Allies first instead of last so they do their bit and take the pressure off him is totally and utterly beyond me.

The answer to your question was all throughout my post and made very clear at least I thought so. I wasn't just simply attacking my allies, I was stealing their powers. Don't see how anyone can think a plan that ends with Doom having the powers of Kang, Loki, & Sidious is stupid. If anything it may have place me over the high herald cap but with some of the other power sharing going on this didn't seem to be an issue with the judges.

Bottom line is that I didn't need or want teammates, I just wanted their powers. Also didn't want to re-hash this stuff but you asked a question and I am only responding to the "stupid" comments.

celeyhyga17
If I had known backstabbing prior to posting was allowed, I would have said no. Smh...

Anyways, ure backstab attempt wouldn't have worked on Loki.

U treacherous bastid.


Btw I enjoyed the solo acts of Dambo and Abhi.

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
If I had known backstabbing prior to posting was allowed, I would have said no. Smh...

Anyways, ure backstab attempt wouldn't have worked on Loki.

U treacherous bastid.


Btw I enjoyed the solo acts of Dambo and Abhi.

Mutants are untrustworthy and his name is SUPER mutant.

What did you expect?

Badabing
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
YOUR NAME ALONE OFFENDS ME!!! Embrace it, dog.

Smurph
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
Mutants are untrustworthy and his name is SUPER mutant.

What did you expect? thumb up anybody whose name starts with super can't be trusted.

beatboks
Originally posted by Supermutant
@ beatboks, I think calling my plan stupid was unnecessary and inaccurate.



The answer to your question was all throughout my post and made very clear at least I thought so. I wasn't just simply attacking my allies, I was stealing their powers. Don't see how anyone can think a plan that ends with Doom having the powers of Kang, Loki, & Sidious is stupid. If anything it may have place me over the high herald cap but with some of the other power sharing going on this didn't seem to be an issue with the judges.

Bottom line is that I didn't need or want teammates, I just wanted their powers. Also didn't want to re-hash this stuff but you asked a question and I am only responding to the "stupid" comments.

To be honest your plan was fine, only the part of openly attcking and in your own words taking out your allies first was IMHO hugely flawed. Your allies all had plans that would have undermined thr rest of the field vastly. Some of which (Bentley) would have foiled the winning teams(as I voted them) strategy. Of you had allowed your allies to enact their strategies at least partly before nack stabbing you would have been IMHO the winner (which I thought I stated).

Your plan wasnt stupid, attacking your allies and taking them out first proved to be with so much time shenanigans on the fielf as it removed your teams time counter. Doom isnt absorbing Kangs time power AND using it fast enough to stop Zee's, Hal's time stop ergo completely felled your strategy. Kang however could have but your betrayal left him short.

Just how I see it

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by Smurph
thumb up anybody whose name starts with super can't be trusted.

I SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE SWINE!!!

thumb down

Supermutant
Some pretty funny comments here. Like I stated previously, my only issue was with the stupid comments, so since that's been addressed no need to rehash anything else.

On a personal note, my "backstabbing" was very satisfying and this was a fun tourney.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by "Id"

Dark St and Phil DS lost me almost immediately his idea of hundreds of flashs coming from the future falls apart when others have her time stopped instants into the battle. there's not much of an "available" future for them to come from because of this. since almost everything seems to rely on that it puts a huge hole Phil put up a really good showing for blue Superman which brought it up to the same level as lob for Surfer. In this field of alliances however without the flash side of the argument working it just doesn't cut the mustard I'm afraid. to enact this plan successfully you really needed to deduce who would time stop and blitz/KO before they had a chance to do so

Originally posted by beatboks
For the benifit of anyone with a bone to pick this judgement was mine.

have at it/me

This unfortunately shows you didn't really read my post (for a start, I had thousands, lol).

Timestop doesn't affect me. If you read abhi's post, he had a time stop in nanoseconds. I posted scans of me reacting in picoseconds.

1 nanosecond is 1000picoseconds, lol.

Moreover, my time clones arrived at the VERY start of the match. Not 'instants' into the match, the EXACT instant it started. So time stops etc don't prevent the clones, and I even makes specific mention of the timescales.

As for the 'available future' for me to arrive from - that is a huge, huge mistake. From Wikipedia:

A causal loop, in the context of time travel or the causal structure of spacetime, is a sequence of events (actions, information, objects, people) in which an event is among the causes of another event, which in turn is among the causes of the first-mentioned event. Such causally-looped events then exist in spacetime, but their origin cannot be determined.

IOW, it has already happened. The ONLY way, and believe, me, it IS the only way, to prove that I cannot do this...would be to prove that time travel does not work in the way I said it does.

Which nobody did. And I even linked to an article for this (which I doubt you read). Below the diagram shows how a 'time-clone' billiard ball arrives from the future, to strike the billiard ball into a time portal, which sends it back into the past:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/3/37/Causal_loop_billiard_ball.svg/498px-Causal_loop_billiard_ball.svg.png

So to pass judgement on 'well, there's no available future to arrive from' is a huge mistake. Because my victory has always occurred due to my time clones. My time clones were sent back to ensure my victory.

I even posted an example of this being used in DC - several examples, actually. So IOW, DC at least subscribe to the causal loop theory. Imperiex caused the imperfect universe, which gave rise to Imperiex, which gave rise to OWAW, which led to him being sent back in time, which caused the imperfect universe etc etc.

I agree, proving negatives is wrong. Proving time travel theories is also unfair, considering we all only had one post and nobody even dreamt I could/would do it. BUT, DC have shown that with the Flash at least, time travel works on causal loops. I have shown that I can send myself back in time (even mid-sentence). I have shown my reactions.

Your judgement was based on your preconceived notion of what time travel should be, rather than on the basis of what was posted and argued here. Which I humbly believe to be wrong.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.