Trump threatens to scrap Iran deal

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Beniboybling
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/oct/13/trump-iran-nuclear-deal-congress

Because why have one nuclear proliferation threat when you can have two?

Foxsteak
Why is he scrapping the deal?

Surtur
Has Iran been complying 100%?

Beniboybling
There haven't been any serious breaches as far as I can tell.

Originally posted by Foxsteak
Why is he scrapping the deal? Because he needs a new boogeyman to keep his supporters interested. sad

Flyattractor
Yeah because Iran was our "FRIEND" under Obama....

http://imagesvh1-a.akamaihd.net/uri/mgid:file:http:shared:vh1.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/tumblr_matg35PMB31rtzzbqo1_1280-1438617194.gif

"So if I can cram this whole thing in my Mouth and keep giving you guys Billions of Tax Payer Dollars You'll be My Friend!?"

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/02950/Ayatollah-Khamenei_2950793b.jpg

"Yeah Yeah Sure Buddy...Keep CRAMMING! You can do it!"

Beniboybling
confused

Flyattractor
roll eyes (sarcastic)

TethAdamTheRock
What does this mean, war?

Tldr

Surtur
Originally posted by Beniboybling

Does this mean there have indeed been some breaches though?

Foxsteak

Because he needs a new boogeyman to keep his supporters interested. sad It sounds like you think scrapping the deal is because he wants to create an enemy in the middle east. This is dumb.

Iran has a long history of human rights violations so it isn't farfetched to think they may have breached some of the conditions in the deal.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by Surtur
Does this mean there have indeed been some breaches though? In 2016 they twice exceeded their heavy water by less than one percent, which was rectified both times.

Originally posted by Foxsteak
This is dumb. My thoughts exactly. thumb up

Foxsteak
In 2016 they twice exceeded their heavy water by less than one percent, which was rectified both times.

My thoughts exactly. thumb up Then stop thinking dumb ideas.

Flyattractor
In 2016 they twice exceeded their heavy water by less than one percent, which was rectified both times.

My thoughts exactly. thumb up

So you are ok with Iran even with its Gross Human Rights Violations? Like how Homosexuals are treated Benny?

Rockydonovang
Why doesn't just scrap said deal instead of trying to play mind games with congress?

If you want to do something as president, then do it and face the consequences, don't try shifting responsibility to someone else.

Flyattractor
Because that ins't how Politics works.

Foxsteak
Human Rights Violations are just one example. We could also discuss economic reasons (he did do a big popular campaign about putting America First) or practicality of the deal. Is the deal even finalised? These issues are complicated and Obama had issues with Iran too. There are also political points to discuss.

Jimmy Carter negotiated the Panama canal to the Panamese people and Reagan completely reversed it. History is simply repeating itself.

Kurk
https://www.biography.com/.image/t_share/MTE5NDg0MDU1MjQ2ODk4NzAz/ayatollah-ruhollah-khomeini-13680544-1-402.jpg

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Because that ins't how Politics works.
Trump could have decertified the deal, he chose not to, the only reason he's trying to intimidate congress into doing it is he doesn't want to have to deal with the political backlash that would potentially be involved,

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Rockydonovang
Trump could have decertified the deal, he chose not to, the only reason he's trying to intimidate congress into doing it is he doesn't want to have to deal with the political backlash that would potentially be involved,

Congress needs to have its balls put to the fire. Bunch of Spineless Liars and Backstabbers the lot of em. Both Dems and Repubs.

Rockydonovang
Congress needs to have its balls put to the fire. Bunch of Spineless Liars and Backstabbers the lot of em. Both Dems and Repubs.
Congress's failings aren't an excuse for Trump trying to throw away responsibility onto others.

Flyattractor
Pretty much everyone in Congress has been there Far Longer then Trump has been in the WH. THEY Do hold far more of the responsibility.

Surtur
So, I want 100% compliance. Either they do that or it's done.

Beniboybling

Flyattractor

Rockydonovang
Pretty much everyone in Congress has been there Far Longer then Trump has been in the WH. THEY Do hold far more of the responsibility.
That's not relevant here. Trump wants to enact a certain policy and has the power to do so and hence if he wants to enact it he should enact it and face the consequences.

Beniboybling
I stopped paying attention to this quote when I saw the word "International".....that pretty much invalidated the whole sentence. no

Surtur

Robtard

Because he needs a new boogeyman to keep his supporters interested. sad

Even Trump's own people are saying Iran's been compliant.

Bingo. But the Trumpers will eat this up, they love having some new 'big bad' to focus on.

Flyattractor
Hmmm?!

o3nick8wQGc

Foxsteak
Originally posted by Rockydonovang
That's not relevant here. Trump wants to enact a certain policy and has the power to do so and hence if he wants to enact it he should enact it and face the consequences. Clearly, he can scrap it if he wants.

Firefly218
Originally posted by Surtur
Isn't that the same place that Iran was rejecting an inspection from?

Does this mean Iran indeed allowed them to inspect their military sites? Well, I'm assuming so, since if not they surely wouldn't be telling people Iran is abiding by their obligations. If nukes are being produced, you don't even need an inspection to know. There's a million signs, least of which would be picking up the radioactivity signatures

Foxsteak
Originally posted by Firefly218
If nukes are being produced, you don't even need an inspection to know. There's a million signs, least of which would be picking up the radioactivity signatures But allow me to move the goal posts for a second and allude you to ideas like Iran's higher-ups are not to be trusted on merit alone.

No, not appearance.....maybe Iran's government is not suiting America's interest? Specifically, America first. That would be a completely sensible idea as to why the Iran deal was scrapped.

Firefly218

Foxsteak

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.