Loras Tyrell vs Ned Stark

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

nfactor1995
TV show versions. Standard gear, to the death, start 5 yards apart.

Who wins and why?

Josh_Alexander
Stark.

Isn't like Loras was ever at Jaime's level.

juggerman
Neither was Ned.

FrothByte
Loras is supposed to be one of the best fighters around... but he doesn't have the experience of Ned. I think they both suck.

NemeBro
Originally posted by juggerman
Neither was Ned. Yeah if you discount that time he fought Jaime to a standstill and was visibly causing him to struggle near the end of their duel before he was stabbed from behind. Or if you discount the fact that Jaime himself shows respect for Ned's chronicled skills as a warrior and seems curious and eager to test himself against him earlier that season. Or if you discount that Barristan Selmy himself believes that a duel between the two of him during Robert's rebellion (when both men were near their prime) would have been a fearsome contest despite Ned's humble downplaying of his own abilities.

Ned is of a similar tier to Jaime Lannister, which puts him laughably above Loras Tyrell, who is a limp-wristed loser.

juggerman
Originally posted by NemeBro
1. Yeah if you discount that time he fought Jaime to a standstill and was visibly causing him to struggle near the end of their duel before he was stabbed from behind.

2. Or if you discount the fact that Jaime himself shows respect for Ned's chronicled skills as a warrior and seems curious and eager to test himself against him earlier that season.

3. Or if you discount that Barristan Selmy himself believes that a duel between the two of him during Robert's rebellion (when both men were near their prime) would have been a fearsome contest despite Ned's humble downplaying of his own abilities.

4. Ned is of a similar tier to Jaime Lannister, which puts him laughably above Loras Tyrell, who is a limp-wristed loser.

1. Jaime was handicapped in that fight. He wanted to take Ned alive to make sure his brother survived whereas Ned was likely going for the kill after Jaime killed Jory and all his men that were with him. And even still Jaime still looked better than Ned

2. I didn't see any respect. In fact he took care to disrespect Ned on multiple occasions. Eager to test Ned's mettle? Yes he was. But curiosity doesn't point to them being equals.

3. Selmy was being nice. And we all know Ned had a tendency of being honest and up front so I'd take his word over Selmy's. Also Ned killed Dane, the greatest swordsman around. Knowing that and not knowing how it happened would indeed make other people see you in a higher light. We have no reason to believe Selmy ever actually saw Ned fight as we know Jaime didn't.

4. Ned is below Jaime and Loras likely is as well. I want to put Loras above Ned because of Ned being much older and likely out of practice more so than Loras but not enough is known

Josh_Alexander
Neither was Ned.

I disagree.

Ned could have defeated Jaime in a combat.

juggerman
Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
I disagree.

Ned could have defeated Jaime in a combat.

Ned was losing and Jaime wasn't even trying to kill him.

Josh_Alexander
Ned was losing and Jaime wasn't even trying to kill him.

When was Ned losing? It seemed all the opposite to me.

juggerman

Again Jamie was not trying to kill Ned and Ned was(in all likelihood) trying to kill Jamie. Even still, Jaime was enjoying the fight. So much so that he struck the man that ended it early. Had it continued, Jamie would have won barring some nonsense of course

Josh_Alexander
Again Jamie was not trying to kill Ned and Ned was(in all likelihood) trying to kill Jamie. Even still, Jaime was enjoying the fight. So much so that he struck the man that ended it early. Had it continued, Jamie would have won barring some nonsense of course

Ned was never trying to kill Jaime.

Even so, Jaime and Ned had a tied fight.

That proved that Ned isnt to be underestimated.

FrothByte
One thing to note is that Ned Stark doesn't participate in knightly tournaments whereas Loras is very highly ranked in the tournaments. Ned said he prefers not to show his enemies his true skill.

The problem is, there hasn't been war for years, so does that mean Ned hasn't been in a proper fight, or even a match, in years?

ares834
Ned easily.

Bashar Teg
sansa could probably defeat show-loras. they ruined him. book loras would probably lose as well because ned has experience in real combat.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
sansa could probably defeat show-loras. they ruined him. book loras would probably lose as well because ned has experience in real combat. They ruined him... by having him nearly duel evenly with Brienne of Tarth?...

KingD19
Brienne is more of a myth than anything. Her only legitimate wins are circumstantial as hell.

Bashar Teg
Originally posted by Jmanghan
They ruined him... by having him nearly duel evenly with Brienne of Tarth?...

in a tourney melee

https://i.imgur.com/I5zeT6am.jpg

Jmanghan
in a tourney melee

https://i.imgur.com/I5zeT6am.jpg In a tourney melee that both of them were obviously taking seriously.

Bashar Teg
tourney = not fighting in earnest.

FrothByte

What nonsense. A tournament fight is an earnest fight. Yes there are rules, yes it's not to the death, but it's still a fight.

Besides, Jamie wasn't trying to kill Ned either,

Bashar Teg
Originally posted by FrothByte
What nonsense. A tournament fight is an earnest fight. Yes there are rules, yes it's not to the death, but it's still a fight.

yes he was. he even confessed to his father that he spared ned because it wouldnt have been honorable to kill him after that lannister guard stabbed him from behind.

oh and ser loras unhorsed ser gregor so i guess he's like the best knight EVAR!

FrothByte
yes he was. he even confessed to his father that he spared ned because it wouldnt have been honorable to kill him after that lannister guard stabbed him from behind.

oh and ser loras unhorsed ser gregor so i guess he's like the best knight EVAR!

So using your logic, what you're saying is champion UFC fighters are crappy in a real world one on one fight.

Jmanghan
tourney = not fighting in earnest. Lol, where did you come up with that?

They are trying to defeat one another, and they are motivated by a certain important goal in doing so.

They are not holding back, at all.

Bashar Teg
So using your logic, what you're saying is champion UFC fighters are crappy in a real world one on one fight.

"crappy"? that's some hardcore strawman, broseph.

are you sure that the ufc would have the same rankings if ear-biting, bludgeoning with rocks, and spitting blood in someones face was allowed?

Bashar Teg
Originally posted by Jmanghan

They are not holding back, at all.

just wrong. to suggest that knights (who's basic purpose is to kill) engaged in non-lethal combat are 'not holding back, at all' is beyond ridiculous.

Darkstorm Zero

Not entirely true. Gregor certainly did :P

But then again, thats Gregor wink

Bashar Teg
Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
Not entirely true. Gregor certainly did :P

But then again, thats Gregor wink

that was not a tourney fight. ser gregor was just trying to cut him in half (with an edged sword, no less).

Josh_Alexander

Brienne isnt to Jaime's level either way.

Ned wasnt trying to kill him neither in that aspect.

And no, Jaime didnt want to lose neither

Bashar Teg
unless jamie was lying to his father, his intention was to kill ned.

also, jaime turned full-villain for me when he said "i could care less"

Josh_Alexander

So that proves Jaime was fighting seriously.

I dear to say Ned was better than Jaime...a Shame the knight interfered.

Bashar Teg
i don't think he rode to petyr's brothel with the intent to fight ned, until ned said that it was him who decided on kidnapping tyrion.
that seemed to change his mind. but yes, when the fight began jaime was out for ned's head.

Jmanghan
just wrong. to suggest that knights (who's basic purpose is to kill) engaged in non-lethal combat are 'not holding back, at all' is beyond ridiculous. If you wanna put it that way, then they were BOTH holding back.

So if they were fighting to the death, it would've went the same way, only Loras would be dead instead of simply defeated.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by NemeBro
Yeah if you discount that time he fought Jaime to a standstill and was visibly causing him to struggle near the end of their duel before he was stabbed from behind. Or if you discount the fact that Jaime himself shows respect for Ned's chronicled skills as a warrior and seems curious and eager to test himself against him earlier that season. Or if you discount that Barristan Selmy himself believes that a duel between the two of him during Robert's rebellion (when both men were near their prime) would have been a fearsome contest despite Ned's humble downplaying of his own abilities.

Ned is of a similar tier to Jaime Lannister, which puts him laughably above Loras Tyrell, who is a limp-wristed loser. Agreed. Ned beats the shit out of Loras.

StiltmanFTW

Ned almost landed a blow and Jaime was having a time of his life because of that.

Their duel was pretty even. Exactly why Jaime was so pissed at one of his men for interrupting it.

juggerman
Ned was never trying to kill Jaime.

Even so, Jaime and Ned had a tied fight.

That proved that Ned isnt to be underestimated.

We don't know that but it's more likely he was trying to kill Jamie seeing as how Jamie just killed Jory

They did but again one was likely trying to kill and the other wasn't

Oh I never claimed Ned was not a formidable fighter. Just that he wasn't as good as Jamie

Josh_Alexander
We don't know that but it's more likely he was trying to kill Jamie seeing as how Jamie just killed Jory

They did but again one was likely trying to kill and the other wasn't

Oh I never claimed Ned was not a formidable fighter. Just that he wasn't as good as Jamie

Why wouldnt he be as good as Jaime?

He manage to hold him quite fine.

Atleast that proves Ned no ordinary fighter.

juggerman

This whole exchange proves Jaime was not trying to kill Ned as his whole goal was to save his brother. Ned pointed out that if he dies Tyrion dies too.

juggerman
Why wouldnt he be as good as Jaime?

He manage to hold him quite fine.

Atleast that proves Ned no ordinary fighter.

Because he wasn't. Again Ned was holding his own but was losing and Jaime wasn't even trying to kill him; only capture him

One guy going all out vs another holding back.

Ned is a great fighter no doubt. Jaime was just better when he was whole

Trocity
This whole exchange proves Jaime was not trying to kill Ned as his whole goal was to save his brother. Ned pointed out that if he dies Tyrion dies too.

thumb up

Ned would beat Loras, though.

Ursumeles
thumb up
IIRC, the creators stated Jaime was toying with him anyway.

juggerman
Originally posted by Ursumeles
thumb up
IIRC, the creators stated Jaime was toying with him anyway. Source?

Ursumeles
https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/battles-7/jaime-lannister-vs-the-hound-tv-show-versions-675337/?page=2 #70
Wasn't as conclusive as I thought, but I still think it's pretgy clear.

Ursumeles
Lol, seems like they were other comments in missed(couldn't watch the video) and the dude ignored.
Nvm then, seems like Ned is really ~ Jaime. Great Arthur wank lol

juggerman
Can you post the video here? I can read the thread but the video isn't coming up for some reason

Ursumeles
Sorry, I can't link it.
Anyway, they basically said that Ned is a famous warrior, and Jaime wants to test his meddle, and and see "who's the better man".
But the possibly most important part is "They're pretty evenly matched, and it's anyone's guess who would've won .

As much as I hate to admit it, it seems like Ned is close to Jaime. I mean,the "evenly matched" could refer to the part where Jaime wasn't serious, but the part where it is said "if the fight wasn't interrupted" speaks otherwise imo.

juggerman
The guy that posted the video seems to think the comments were made to indicate that Jaime was toying with Ned and only became serious in the latter end of the fight but we never saw him go all out. Unfortunately I can't see the video so I dunno what to think

Josh_Alexander
The guy that posted the video seems to think the comments were made to indicate that Jaime was toying with Ned and only became serious in the latter end of the fight but we never saw him go all out. Unfortunately I can't see the video so I dunno what to think

Ned wasnt going all out.

Why would he try to kill Jaime?

It was more of a "dont mess with me" type of thing.

Ned participated in the wars of Robert's rebellion. So experiencewise Ned has the edge.

Plus Ned is a humble man. He is better than what he seems.

Jaime is too cocky. Ned would have punished him for that.

Ursumeles

Because the creators said he did? Because Jaime just killed his friend?

juggerman
Ned wasnt going all out.

It was more of a "dont mess with me" type of thing.

Ned participated in the wars of Robert's rebellion. So experiencewise Ned has the edge.

Plus Ned is a humble man. He is better than what he seems.

Jaime is too cocky. Ned would have punished him for that.

Prove it

Nope. Jaime just had all his men killed and personally killed Jory in front of Ned. Why would Ned be holding back?

He did, 17 years ago. Hardly points to him being at the top of his game

Being humble doesn't really translate to sword fights

Jaime is very cocky but it's well earned

Ursumeles
Also, Jaime fought in the Greyjoy rebellion. G
He has certainly enough experience.

juggerman
Also, Jaime fought in the Greyjoy rebellion. G
He has certainly enough experience.

He was at the Siege of Pyke cutting down Greyjoys like they were nothing. Listen to Euron's telling and you'd believe Jaime was the greatest swordsman that ever lived

Bashar Teg

good call, however he ordered his men to take him alive, which meant that at the moment he did not plan on fighting ned. once they crossed swords, jamie was out to kill ned, which the later dialogue with tywin supports.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15-op9n7FO8

notice 1:15 how he steps back, and avoids the fight until confronted by jory. clearly he did not plan on ned/jory overcoming his guards and confronting him directly, so you can't really apply his previous decision to a drastically altered situation.

Ursumeles
once they crossed swords, jamie was out to kill ned, which the later dialogue with tywin supports.

No, it really doesn't. Both Ned & Jaime knew that Tyrion (Jaime's beloved brother) dies when he kills Ned. And what should he have said to Tywin (the one person Jaime fears)? "I wanted to save my brother - you know, the disgrace to our family, the dude that you blame for the death of your beloved wife? Yeah, that one."
And as for "he didn't wanted to fight Ned". After Jory died, Jaime was walking towards Ned and challenged him. He could've just told his 10 men to capture him lol.
The creators even stated that he wanted to test Ned & see how good he is.

Bashar Teg

The creators even stated that he wanted to test Ned & see how good he is. source?

Ursumeles
https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/battles-7/jaime-lannister-vs-the-hound-tv-show-versions-675337/?page=2 #70

I might be misinterpreting "meddle", but I see no reason why Jaime would try to kill Jaime - at least not until they crossed sword, as Jaime didn't looked like he struggled in the slightest.

Bashar Teg
the video you're sourcing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=235&v=zK--_53sd3w

3:55

i don't feel like transcribing the whole scene, but according to d&d, jaime was testing at first, but in the end it was a fight to the death and he intended to kill or be killed. i think that solves that part of the debate. thumb up

later in the comments, he flatout says that they were evenly matched and it was anyone's guess who would win. so that's another aspect of the argument we can lay to rest. ned and jamie are pretty much equals.

Trocity
The show creators are very bad at showing how good Jaime is supposed to be; He'd shit kick Ned in the novels.

He is, per George himself, the greatest swordsman in the world during his time. The show does not convey that well, at all.

Bashar Teg
i agree that novel jamie was superior. grrm put him over most swordsman, at least in character dialogue concerning him and in jaime's personal reflections on who is better than who. with that said, i might be so bold as to argue that book loras could match or perhaps even defeat jamie in a duel.

Ursumeles
the video you're sourcing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=235&v=zK--_53sd3w

3:55

i don't feel like transcribing the whole scene, but according to d&d, jaime was testing at first, but in the end it was a fight to the death and he intended to kill or be killed. i think that solves that part of the debate. thumb up

We don't know when the fight got serious, though. Like I said - Jaime only started to struggle as they crossed swords.

I know what they said. But fighting evenly =/= being equal, and it is very possible that Ned only fought evenly with a toying Jaime.
Yeah, the commentary suggests that they are very close to each other, but it doesn't says that Jaime wanted to kill Ned the whole time.

Bashar Teg
you're shifting the goal posts in a way which proves nothing for the topic. d&d clearly stated that ned was equal to jamie and that regardless of his intentions, it quickly became a fight to the death. so no, jamie did not hold back in the end, and thus him and ned were even. so we saw a clear demonstration of their abilities, without anyone 'holding back'. you really cant argue around those points.

Ursumeles
i agree that novel jamie was superior. grrm put him over most swordsman, at least in character dialogue concerning him and in jaime's personal reflections on who is better than who. with that said, i might be so bold as to argue that book loras could match or perhaps even defeat jamie in a duel. Book Jaime would stomp Book Ned. Book Jaime is the best natural Swordsmen Barristan ever saw, and GRRM stated that he is possibly the best swordsmen in Westeros. Ned on the other side, was "average".

Book Loras has what to suggest that he could match Jaime? I mean, he's the best jouster in ASOIAF, but combat wise Jaime is, agaian, the best natural swordsmen Selmy ever saw & and the potentially best swordsman in Westeros, hold off The Smiling Knight at the age of 15, cut through the battlefield against Robb while vastly outnumbered & slaughtered Robb's personal guard, while Loras has done what exactly?

Ursumeles
you're shifting the goal posts in a way which proves nothing for the topic. I'm not, though. My point was that Jaime wasn't trying to kill Ned for the whole time, lol.
Okay? Like I said, they're about even/very close.

Yeah, after Jaime realized that Ned is that good. And he didn't struggled until the bladelock.
He didn't hold back in the bladelock, yeah, and realized he needed to go All-Out against Ned. And we know that Jaime held back, but in the end realized that he can't win while toying.
And like I said, Ned and Jaime are on the same level.

Bashar Teg
i admit i'm stretching with loras vs jamie, but it just seems that jamie see's him as a younger version of himself, in both skill and arrogance.

Ursumeles
Jaime also states that Loras isn't on his level yet, but has the talent to become a better fighter in the future.

Bashar Teg
And like I said, Ned and Jaime are on the same level.

this is really all that matters to the topic, and we pretty much agree on what's truly relevant.

Ursumeles
I mean, it doesn't makes sense that Jaime isn't able to to destroy Ned, but whatever.
I will take this to wank Arthur lol

Bashar Teg
Jaime also states that Loras isn't on his level yet, but has the talent to become a better fighter in the future.

i don't remember that part, but it does ring a bell. do you remember which book? i need context to judge because jaime is not always a reliable narrator imho due to his arrogance and self-deception.

in the section i quoted, jamie does put himself over loras, but quickly gave himself a chiding over "comparing cocks". so it could have been an honest personal assessment of his skills vs loras', or it could have just as easily been his wounded pride speaking, trying to passive aggressively prick loras with a backhanded compliment.

Josh_Alexander
Because the creators said he did? Because Jaime just killed his friend?

Ned isnt too stupid as to kill the man whose brother in law to the King!!!!

Its common sense.

Prove it

Nope. Jaime just had all his men killed and personally killed Jory in front of Ned. Why would Ned be holding back?

He did, 17 years ago. Hardly points to him being at the top of his game

Being humble doesn't really translate to sword fights

Jaime is very cocky but it's well earned

Read above.

Ned was a better swordman that he seemed.

https://youtu.be/CjoEfLFo6aM

He manage to hold it against Ser Arthur, who is 2x better than what Jaime is. Plus Ned is youger and less experience.

Also, Ned once said when asked if he'd participate in the hand's tournament that he wouldnt because he wasnt the man to show his opponents his skills.

I dont doubt Ned defeating Jaime. Jaime never fought a real opponent. Not even in the books.

Ursumeles
Ned isnt too stupid as to kill the man whose brother in law to the King!!!!

Its common sense.
But Jaime would kill the best friend of the king/the hand of the king?
Anyway, the creators said Ned tried to kill Jaime, lol.
Also, Jaime fought Brienne, and book-wise, the Smiling Knight.

Josh_Alexander
Book Jaime is only described through statements not feats.

He fought in Greyjoy's rebellion as did Ned.

Book Ned fought in Robert's rebellion.

Also book Ned never fought Jaime. So a direct comparisson doesnt exist.

Nahh, Ser Arthur is still way above Jaime.

Book Ned is still said to have defeated Arthur, until disproven by Winds of Winter that gives Ned a big accomplishment.

I consider Rhaegal better than Jaime too.

Josh_Alexander
But Jaime would kill the best friend of the king/the hand of the king?
Anyway, the creators said Ned tried to kill Jaime, lol.
Also, Jaime fought Brienne, and book-wise, the Smiling Knight.

No.

Disagree. Ned wouldnt put himself and his family in danger.

Ned is wiser than that.

Ned was probably trying to defeat Jaime. Which is different from killing him.

Jaime wasnt toying neither.

Ursumeles
No.

Disagree. Ned wouldnt put himself and his family in danger.

Ned is wiser than that.

Ned was probably trying to defeat Jaime. Which is different from killing him.

Jaime wasnt toying neither.
So you agree that Jaime didn't wanted to kill him?

What the creators said > your opinion.

What are you reffering to?

Based on what wasn't he trying to kill him? Again, the creators opinion > yours.

We know he was toying first, and then got serious.

Ursumeles
Book Jaime is only described through statements not feats.

He fought in Greyjoy's rebellion as did Ned.

Book Ned fought in Robert's rebellion.

Also book Ned never fought Jaime. So a direct comparisson doesnt exist.

Nahh, Ser Arthur is still way above Jaime.

Book Ned is still said to have defeated Arthur, until disproven by Winds of Winter that gives Ned a big accomplishment.

I consider Rhaegal better than Jaime too.
Ned has no feats in the book lol. Except fighting Three Kingsguard along with nine other man. Jaime fought the Smiling Knights, slaughtered Roob's guard and fought Brienne while massievly hindered.

We know that Book Ned is only a average fighter, while Jaime is one of the best.

Book Ned never defeated Arthur, he explucity says that Howland saved him.

Josh_Alexander
So you agree that Jaime didn't wanted to kill him?

What the creators said > your opinion.

What are you reffering to?

Based on what wasn't he trying to kill him? Again, the creators opinion > yours.

We know he was toying first, and then got serious.

When did the creators said that?

Ned is smarter than that dude.

Ursumeles
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=235&v=zK--_53sd3w

I'm not sure what your point is. I mean, I guess Ned is smarter than Jaime, but what does that prove?

@Bashar I don't have the quote, but I try to find. Might need a bit longer, as I don't have the book itself.

Josh_Alexander
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=235&v=zK--_53sd3w

I'm not sure what your point is. I mean, I guess Ned is smarter than Jaime, but what does that prove?

@Bashar I don't have the quote, but I try to find. Might need a bit longer, as I don't have the book itself.

In the same way Jaime was also trying to kill Ned.

Also he says they were evenly match. So Jaime never had the upper hand.

I think Ned would have won. He is wiser and more experienced than Jaime.

juggerman
good call, however he ordered his men to take him alive, which meant that at the moment he did not plan on fighting ned. once they crossed swords, jamie was out to kill ned, which the later dialogue with tywin supports.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15-op9n7FO8

notice 1:15 how he steps back, and avoids the fight until confronted by jory. clearly he did not plan on ned/jory overcoming his guards and confronting him directly, so you can't really apply his previous decision to a drastically altered situation.

Are we to consider that he decided to let his brother die? I understand your point but the entire reason he confronted Stark was about Tyrion. Once he realized killing Ned would only doom his brother I doubt he went into "kill mode"

Read above.

Ned was a better swordman that he seemed.

https://youtu.be/CjoEfLFo6aM

He manage to hold it against Ser Arthur, who is 2x better than what Jaime is. Plus Ned is youger and less experience.

Also, Ned once said when asked if he'd participate in the hand's tournament that he wouldnt because he wasnt the man to show his opponents his skills.

I dont doubt Ned defeating Jaime. Jaime never fought a real opponent. Not even in the books.

Read above.

Agreed

Yes Ned was better than average. Better than most even. But Jaime was considered the very best. Huge difference

I'm aware of Ned's hesitance to compete in tourneys

You can think what you want but there's much evidence pointing to Jaime holding back in that duel. It's possible he started going all out towards the end but that's not a given

Ursumeles

You can think what you want but there's much evidence pointing to Jaime holding back in that duel. It's possible he started going all out towards the end but that's not a given
I mean D&D confirmed that he was going all-out in the end. That being said, it might refers to the bladelock, and the fight that would've happened after it.

juggerman
I mean D&D confirmed that he was going all-out in the end. That being said, it might refers to the bladelock, and the fight that would've happened after it.

Gonna watch the video now. Maybe my opinion will change

juggerman

Word up this does change things.

1. It confirms Ned was not holding back so that point can be dropped. 9When Ned fights a man he fights for real)

2. Jaime is indeed toying with Ned at first

3. Once they cross blades Jaime realized Ned is better than he thought

4. Jaime stepped it up after realizing Ned was near or on his level.

5. It could have gone either way meaning that either Ned and Jaime were equals or that they were close enough to have a darn close fight

So I'm altering my answer to this match up. I still think Jaime would win due to the fact he was toying with Ned and Ned was still working for it in the beginning but I no longer think Jaime stomps. IMO Jaime would win 7/10

Ursumeles

So I'm altering my answer to this match up. I still think Jaime would win due to the fact he was toying with Ned and Ned was still working for it in the beginning but I no longer think Jaime stomps. IMO Jaime would win 7/10 Huh, glad that someone agrees with me lol. Anyway, I interpret the "it's anyone's guess..." as "both have a chanxe of winning", not that they're equal.

Josh_Alexander
Ned wins this and Ned defeats Jaime.

Ned hold it against Ser Arthur Dayne who is Better than Jaime in a battle to death combat.

Jaime loses for the fact that Ned is both wiser and more experience in combat.

juggerman
Ned wins this and Ned defeats Jaime.

Ned hold it against Ser Arthur Dayne who is Better than Jaime in a battle to death combat.

Jaime loses for the fact that Ned is both wiser and more experience in combat.

You have no idea how Jaime would do against Dayne so you're just speculating. Ned did terribly against Dayne so that isn't hard to top

Rebel95
Loras was never in an actual fight/battle, in a sparring match he might win. But in a fight to the death I'd favor Ned.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.