An informal survey

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
Who here doesn't work in a job that has at least one of the following:

1. You're overworked/high pressure job. (Extreme example is Vince McMahon telling his employee he can choose between seeing his son born or keeping his job. For most, it just means missing holidays/working way too many hours/having no job security ect..)

2. You're underpaid.

3. Toxic work environment (Arsehole bosses, chatty co-workers, demanding customers. Or even a board of investors/school board/some group of people you hate to work with, but must. And they earn being hated.)

4. Not enough hours/bad medical/no medical.

Basically, looking for anyone who works something remotely good without the rose colored glasses (I know a realter who works his ass off and insists it's the best job ever. He's in denial.)

Raisen
Originally posted by cdtm

1. You're overworked/high pressure job. (Extreme example is Vince McMahon telling his employee he can choose between seeing his son born or keeping his job. For most, it just means missing holidays/working way too many hours/having no job security ect..)

2. You're underpaid.

3. Toxic work environment (Arsehole bosses, chatty co-workers, demanding customers. Or even a board of investors/school board/some group of people you hate to work with, but must. And they earn being hated.)

4. Not enough hours/bad medical/no medical.

Basically, looking for anyone who works something remotely good without the rose colored glasses (I know a realter who works his ass off and insists it's the best job ever. He's in denial.)

my main job is only #3

Kurk
I'm a college student currently so all 4 apply. I'm trying to become a dentist so hopefully none will apply (except maybe HIV exposure smile ) .

socool8520
Only 3 applies. I forecast weather and Pilots hate to be told the weather won't let them fly.

Raisen
there's going to be a lot of #3.

people are weak shiits is why

socool8520
I can deal with it, i's just annoying. Shitty bosses and co-workers don't really bother me though.

StiltmanFTW
2 and 3 apply for sure.

socool8520
I can't complain on point #2. I make good enough money and it's really the medical coverage that make it very valuable to me.

dadudemon
I have 1 and 2.

However, I took this job over another that paid much better with a 25% annual bonus. It's because I love what I do, I have great coworkers, and I have absurd amounts of power.

socool8520
^ What do you do?

dadudemon
Originally posted by socool8520
^ What do you do?

Head of the PMO! big grin

-Pr-
1 Is not something I've ever really experienced. Whether that's me being able to handle a lot of pressure or just being lucky, I dunno.

2 I've experienced, but not to any severe lengths.

3 I've worked retail before, so yes.

4 In Canada, all the bloody time. It's like a 40 hour work week is alien to retail companies over there.

The job I'm trying to get now, 2 and 4 really shouldn't be an issue. 1 is possible, but I know my rights and how to use them properly. 3... Who knows.

ArtificialGlory

Adam_PoE
Originally posted by Raisen
my main job is only #3

Same, but that's true of just about anywhere.

socool8520
Originally posted by dadudemon
Head of the PMO! big grin

Good on you for getting to do something you are interested. If I could ever find something I'm truly interested in, I'd probably take a pay cut as well.

socool8520
What do you do AG?

Kurk

socool8520
^ I'm sure you're employers aren't the most swell guys nor very forgiving of a mistake lol.

riv6672
1, 2, and 3 used to apply to me before i retired.
2 is me mostly bitching though, i was never short of money, its just the insane hours (10-12 hour days), no overtime, deployments (for which we got tax free combat pay)/24 hour duties (1-2 times a month), made it seem like me and my ppl should have been making a hell of a lot more.
Benefits were/are just fine.

ArtificialGlory

socool8520
^ Yeah, 3 could be an issue for you. That's cool though

Flyattractor
#2 is really the only one I could say but then there aint no such thing as "ENOUGH MONEY".

Raisen
Originally posted by Adam_PoE
Same, but that's true of just about anywhere.

absolutely.
people keep telling me that humans are social creatures. i'm at the point in my life where i'd rather not talk to 99.99999% of the people I encounter.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Raisen
absolutely.
people keep telling me that humans are social creatures. i'm at the point in my life where i'd rather not talk to 99.99999% of the people I encounter.

That is what makes he Interweb great! You can talk to Humans with out having to actually hear, see, and smell them!

rolling on floor laughing

Nuke Nixon
Originally posted by cdtm

Semi-retired, I work when I feel like it, get paid just enough, some days I don't even have to talk to anyone... it's perfect.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.