Godzilla Vs Asgard

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TethAdamTheRock
Godzilla is dumped on asgard, Odin is King

FrothByte
Godzilla dies.

Dayman
Lol what?

Godzilla was basically a God, older than Odin in his own universe.

Asgard gets destroyed while Godzilla casually walks through everything Thor, Odin, and Asgard throw at him.

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by Dayman
Lol what?

Asgard gets destroyed while Godzilla casually walks through everything Thor, Odin, and Asgard throw at him.

Asgard wins.

FrothByte
Lol what?

Asgard has technology that can destroy an entire world. Godzilla has nothing on that.

ShadowFyre
Burning Godzilla through Final Wars could possibly stalemate. Not sure bout other versions

Dayman
Well, that didn't stop... A certain someone from doing a certain thing to asgard

Josh_Alexander
Well, that didn't stop... A certain someone from doing a certain thing to asgard

Godzilla isn't that Certain Someone.

ShadowFyre
So Asgard shoots itself with the bifrost?

FrothByte
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
So Asgard shoots itself with the bifrost?

No, but when you're dealing with a race advanced enough to teleport through vast galaxies and has enough firepower to destroy an entire planet, do you really think an overgrown lizard will give them that much issues?

TheVaultDweller
The results of this match can vary wildly depending on which version of Godzilla we are talking about. Some versions would wreck Asgard (like the versions that can bathe in magma and take hits from meteorites), while some versions (like that giant iguana that got killed by like a few missiles or something IIRC, from '98) would likely get murdered quickly.

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
The results of this match can vary wildly depending on which version of Godzilla we are talking about. Some versions would wreck Asgard (like the versions that can bathe in magma and take hits from meteorites), while some versions (like that giant iguana that got killed by like a few missiles or something IIRC, from '98) would likely get murdered quickly.

I think OP was refering to 2014 Godzilla.

Arachnid1
I don't remember the Asgardians ever using anything with the destructive power of a nuke, and Godzilla tanked that. TBH Asgard doesn't have anything that could hurt Godzilla to my knowledge, though I haven't seen Ragnarok so that could change. Odin may be able to do some damage based off implied power, but he hasn't really showcased being the god/celestial level being he should be.

Galactus takes the solid majority for now but I'm open to convincing here.

The results of this match can vary wildly depending on which version of Godzilla we are talking about. Some versions would wreck Asgard (like the versions that can bathe in magma and take hits from meteorites), while some versions (like that giant iguana that got killed by like a few missiles or something IIRC, from '98) would likely get murdered quickly. This too. Depends on which GZ but I'm assuming OP means the most recent version.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by Arachnid1
This too. Depends on which GZ but I'm assuming OP means the most recent version.

Well, in terms of Hollywood, that's the 2014 version. Overall though, Shin Godzilla came out in 2016. And Planet of the Monsters actually drops on the same day as Justice League.

Arachnid1
Well, in terms of Hollywood, that's the 2014 version. Overall though, Shin Godzilla came out in 2016. And Planet of the Monsters actually drops on the same day as Justice League. Damn I actually went full American and forgot about Shin Godzilla being released. Not that cut and dry then

TethAdamTheRock
Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
I think OP was refering to 2014 Godzilla. Yes 2014

Josh_Alexander
I don't remember the Asgardians ever using anything with the destructive power of a nuke, and Godzilla tanked that. TBH Asgard doesn't have anything that could hurt Godzilla to my knowledge, though I haven't seen Ragnarok so that could change. Odin may be able to do some damage based off implied power, but he hasn't really showcased being the god/celestial level being he should be.

Galactus takes the solid majority for now but I'm open to convincing here.

This too. Depends on which GZ but I'm assuming OP means the most recent version.

Well the Bifrost simulates a small scale Death Star Laser when aimed.

Also Asgard still has the Space stone.

Arachnid1
Well the Bifrost simulates a small scale Death Star Laser when aimed.

Also Asgard still has the Space stone. Have we seen any of that in action outside the comics though? I haven't seen Ragnarok but the bifrost has been gone since Thor 1. We also have no indication that Loki can use the space stone to its full potential. If he could, be'd currently be the most powerful being in Asgard and would have no need to be in hiding.

FrothByte
Have we seen any of that in action outside the comics though? I haven't seen Ragnarok but the bifrost has been gone since Thor 1. We also have no indication that Loki can use the space stone to its full potential. If he could, be'd currently be the most powerful being in Asgard and would have no need to be in hiding.

I was under the assumption that we were discussing Asgard at it's full strength. Because discussing Asgard as it currently is would mean Bifrost is destroyed, their shields might not have recovered after the dark elf attack, Odin wouldn't have been supervising for a few years, etc.

Wouldn't exactly be a fair fight.

TethAdamTheRock
I thought they fixed everything with the cosmic cube

Impediment
Godzilla dies.

Josh_Alexander
Have we seen any of that in action outside the comics though? I haven't seen Ragnarok but the bifrost has been gone since Thor 1. We also have no indication that Loki can use the space stone to its full potential. If he could, be'd currently be the most powerful being in Asgard and would have no need to be in hiding.

We saw the Bifrost being used in Thor 1 as a weapon.

Well just saying. Odin has plenty of knowledge, surely he knows how to use it.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by FrothByte
I was under the assumption that we were discussing Asgard at it's full strength. Because discussing Asgard as it currently is would mean Bifrost is destroyed, their shields might not have recovered after the dark elf attack, Odin wouldn't have been supervising for a few years, etc.

Wouldn't exactly be a fair fight. Yeah it wouldn't, I just assumed it was putting Odin in charge of current Asgard after another poster mentioned the space stone. The OP might mean Thor 1 when Odin was still running things with the Destroyer and the Bifrost being intact. In this case, would they still currently have the space gem? They never really had both that and the Bifrost at the same time. The OP could also mean Asgard with all the offensive power it has ever displayed meaning Odin with the Bifrost and the stone.

We saw the Bifrost being used in Thor 1 as a weapon.

Well just saying. Odin has plenty of knowledge, surely he knows how to use it. You're right, I forgot about Jotunheim. Still, is it smart or even possible to aim the Bifrost at Asgard itself? Can its scale be reduced enough enough to only really hit Godzilla?

I actually agree about Odin though. If the Guardians or a Celestial could use a stone, it's probably a safe assumption that Odin should be able to. Especially since Thor 1 had the gauntlet in Asgard (I'm assuming Odin knows what it does since it's in his weapons locker). If Odin has and can properly use the stone, he should be able to just space dump Godzilla to eke out the win

Josh_Alexander

You're right, I forgot about Jotunheim. Still, is it smart or even possible to aim the Bifrost at Asgard itself? Can its scale be reduced enough enough to only really hit Godzilla?

I actually agree about Odin though. If the Guardians or a Celestial could use a stone, it's probably a safe assumption that Odin should be able to. Especially since Thor 1 had the gauntlet in Asgard (I'm assuming Odin knows what it does since it's in his weapons locker). If Odin has and can properly use the stone, he should be able to just space dump Godzilla to eke out the win

Why would it hit Asgard? The Bifrost would be aimed at Godzilla not Asgard. Why would Asgard be at risk?

Well I assume he might use it.

ShadowFyre
Because it's on Asgard and so is Godzilla. Why the **** else would they be fighting?

Kazenji
Originally posted by TethAdamTheRock
I thought they fixed everything with the cosmic cube

That they did

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
Because it's on Asgard and so is Godzilla. Why the **** else would they be fighting?

Yeah!!!? And what makes you think the bean would hit Asgardian soil!???

If its aim horizontally at Godzilla it hits Godzilla!! Isnt like it will make a curve and hit Asgard! WTF are you talking about?

If I aim a gun at your chest why would it hit the floor?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.