MCU most Powerful Hero

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

joesha28
I have watched all MCU movies so far, yes even Thor ragnarok.
I will be careful not to spoil it for you guys.

The thead is to discuss who you think is the most powerful of the MCU heroes. Not inclusive of villains but heroes.

To me there are a few contenders.

1.The Infinity stone users, Vision and Dr Strange

Vision: He is basically the Mind Stone. In Avengers 2, he was up there along with Hulk and Thor. Unfortunately, he was not much in civil war. He should be able to solo any of the civil war teams. Due to this reason he may fall into top 5 of most powerful but not top 2.

Dr Strange: Given he has the time stone and knows how to use it, Stephen Stange might be mcu most powerful. But without it he falls dramatically out of top 3.

2. The 30 Megaton Nuke powerlevels, Thor and Hulk

If you remembered Avengers 2, General Ross does equate both Thor and Hulk to a couple of 30 megaton nukes. We can take this with a pinch of salt. However DCEU fanboys do take an easter egg of Superman lifting tectonic plate into account. The is a mcu high ranking military officer we are talking about. I believe the figure is true.

Hulk: Easily the strongest there is. Very dynamic strength. We have seen Hulk feats in the Avengers 1. Hulk took Hulk buster for the ride. If Hulkbuster Iron Man did not get that moment to sucker punch, I would say Hulk will rip him apart.

Thor: The God of Thunder. Able to match infinity stone user in malekith both with and without mjolnir.Malekith had history with the Reality stone and knows how to use it. That says alot of Thor. Thor is durable, hardly in trouble in the movies, he is never worried in any fight, hardly dazed after big hits from opponents. He was in trouble only twice in the movies. One was Kurse.

Now these 2 will fall in top 3 if strange has his Eye (time stone ) but will be top 2 if strange loses the stone. Thor Ragnarok will answer who of this two potentially is above the other.

ghostman
an easter egg? superman did his feat though

-Pr-
I think Scarlet Witch is a dark horse too. We know she got her powers from an Infinity Stone, AND she was perceived as being someone that can affect Vision. Obviously Vision isn't going to try to hurt her with how he feels about her, but the capability is still there.

So her, Strange, Thor, Hulk and Vision seem to be the top dogs if we're talking vague "power". Narrowing it down past that will get tricky I think.

Damborgson
Thor unleashed is the most powerful.

deathslash
You forgot about Star lord.

joesha28
Originally posted by ghostman
an easter egg? superman did his feat though

That was like a newspaper pin up. We did not see the feat onscreen.

joesha28
Originally posted by deathslash
You forgot about Star lord.

Yes. Star Lord, Celestial human hybrid who has potential to wield Infinity stone.

joesha28
Originally posted by -Pr-
I think Scarlet Witch is a dark horse too. We know she got her powers from an Infinity Stone, AND she was perceived as being someone that can affect Vision. Obviously Vision isn't going to try to hurt her with how he feels about her, but the capability is still there.

So her, Strange, Thor, Hulk and Vision seem to be the top dogs if we're talking vague "power". Narrowing it down past that will get tricky I think.

Scarlet witch and Vision will be in TOP 5 but not TOP 3 if Strange has the Time Stone.

TethAdamTheRock
Thor then Vision then Hulk

-Pr-
Originally posted by joesha28
Yes. Star Lord, Celestial human hybrid who has potential to wield Infinity stone.

Not anymore he doesn't.

Scarlet witch and Vision will be in TOP 5 but not TOP 3 if Strange has the Time Stone.

I could see Scarlet Witch cracking the top 3 with the course she's on. Not Vision though.

Silent Master
Thor

playa1258
Captain Marvel according to Feige will be the most powerful by a lot.

deathslash
Originally posted by -Pr-
Not anymore he doesn't.
shut up you Aquaman wannabe!
https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11111/111111327/3488325-209761958_f82cd819b0_o.jpg

Vanguard

Dr Strange: Given he has the time stone and knows how to use it, Stephen Stange might be mcu most powerful. But without it he falls dramatically out of top 3.

I kind of like Dr. Strange. But the only thing about him is, he has so many trinkets. It's almost like he's not powerful, it's the artifacts that are.

joesha28
Originally posted by playa1258
Captain Marvel according to Feige will be the most powerful by a lot.

Yet to be seen.

quanchi112
Thor isn't the strongest Avenger. The movie clearly shows it's the Hulk. We also see Hulk take Thor unleashed could dish out. Strange also seemed extremely formidable as he showed up Loki with ease.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Vanguard
I kind of like Dr. Strange. But the only thing about him is, he has so many trinkets. It's almost like he's not powerful, it's the artifacts that are. laughing out loud

joesha28
Originally posted by quanchi112
Thor isn't the strongest Avenger. The movie clearly shows it's the Hulk. We also see Hulk take Thor unleashed could dish out. Strange also seemed extremely formidable as he showed up Loki with ease.

I did not say Thor is the strongest avenger as in if The focus is strength. Hulk is. But overall Power wise, Thor does beat Hulk, which is highlighted in the movie.

8swords
Hero? potentially starlord..

Mindship
Surfer when attached to his board should be a contender. Could be the MCU made him board-dependent because they needed to nerf him.

quanchi112
I did not say Thor is the strongest avenger as in if The focus is strength. Hulk is. But overall Power wise, Thor does beat Hulk, which is highlighted in the movie. That can be interpreted in different ways. Thor didn't defeat the Hulk despite the lightning attacks. Hulk took the lightning like a champ. He's still the avengers powerhouse while Thor is their skilled warrior.

joesha28
Originally posted by Mindship
Surfer when attached to his board should be a contender. Could be the MCU made him board-dependent because they needed to nerf him.

Surfer belongs to fox, not MCU.

joesha28
That can be interpreted in different ways. Thor didn't defeat the Hulk despite the lightning attacks. Hulk took the lightning like a champ. He's still the avengers powerhouse while Thor is their skilled warrior.

I actually have that fight with me. A friend got it for me. After the hammer shot from Thor, Hulk was dazed. Even Grandmaster was like "What" . After the 1st charged punch, Hulk was pretty dizzy in getting up, it was slow-mo when he was falling from the punch. The Crowd started to root for Thor because He was winning. After that last charge punch from Thor to Hulk that caused megawave, Hulk again woke up pretty slow and it was Thor that was going for him. Hulk was not moving towards Thor but Thor was. If anyone going to watch the movie again pls verify this. Watch that last bit.
And Grandmaster wanted a fight with his champion Hulk winning and Thor dying but when he saw Thor taking his champ on for the ride, he was worried.

CosmicComet
That was like a newspaper pin up. We did not see the feat onscreen.

Ughh.... A newspaper header saying he stopped an earthquake by shifting a tectonic plate. It was mixed in with a bunch of other newspaper headers of his various deeds. Thus it was an actual occurence. Hence the newspaper recorded it.

It was not some loose metaphor by an ornery general. That being said the 30 megaton figure is actually believable considering thor took the explosion of Sokovia and survived.

quanchi112
I actually have that fight with me. A friend got it for me. After the hammer shot from Thor, Hulk was dazed. Even Grandmaster was like "What" . After the 1st charged punch, Hulk was pretty dizzy in getting up, it was slow-mo when he was falling from the punch. The Crowd started to root for Thor because He was winning. After that last charge punch from Thor to Hulk that caused megawave, Hulk again woke up pretty slow and it was Thor that was going for him. Hulk was not moving towards Thor but Thor was. If anyone going to watch the movie again pls verify this. Watch that last bit.
And Grandmaster wanted a fight with his champion Hulk winning and Thor dying but when he saw Thor taking his champ on for the ride, he was worried. I've seen it once last night and I'll be going again next week. Hulk took the best Thor had to offer and it's anyone's guess how the fight would have concluded. Hulk takes a licking but keeps on ticking. Thor is the skilled warrior while Hulk is the brute powerhouse. This fight did nothing but confirm what I already knew.

Digi
I've seen it once last night and I'll be going again next week. Hulk took the best Thor had to offer and it's anyone's guess how the fight would have concluded. Hulk takes a licking but keeps on ticking. Thor is the skilled warrior while Hulk is the brute powerhouse. This fight did nothing but confirm what I already knew.

Agreed, it was inconclusive. The one thing I might mention is that Mjolnir was absent, which undoubtedly gives Thor other tactics to use, though it doesn't necessarily change the outcome.

joesha28
I've seen it once last night and I'll be going again next week. Hulk took the best Thor had to offer and it's anyone's guess how the fight would have concluded. Hulk takes a licking but keeps on ticking. Thor is the skilled warrior while Hulk is the brute powerhouse. This fight did nothing but confirm what I already knew.

So why was the Grandmaster worried?

The guys at Hulk message board are pissed which says alot btw.

TethAdamTheRock
Thor had hulk down with his first serious strike

-Pr-
For me atm, I'd have to rank them:

Strange
Vision
Raiden Thor
Hulk
Scarlet Witch

Rage.Of.Olympus
The Hulk has been the Grandmasters champion for 2 years. In Sakaar time, that's what, like 5? He even bragged about having a special bond with him. Ironically they were never on screen together but its clear he knew the Hulk well.

Despite knowing the Hulk's combat capabilities probably better than anyone aside from Valkyrie, he was worried, nervous and decided he needed to intervene. Nuff said.

Lol, the best? Thor hit him once. If anyone showed impressive durability, it was Thor. Hulk followed his uppercut with a landing punch on Thor's face and he pounded on Thor heavy. Punch after punch including ground and pounds and Thor was completely unharmed.

Tbh, I didn't even think Thor could take such a savage uninterrupted beating from Hulk without a scratch.

As far as I'm concerned, Hulk vs Thor in hand to hand is a stalemate. Hulk is stronger but Thor is far more skilled and dominating in hand to hand when serious. And even when Hulk does get his strength advantage in an ideal situation (Pounding on Thor from above), he is as unlikely to knock out Thor with his fists as Thor is him (Non-Super Saiyan mode).

Insane Titan
Without any external power up like a infinity stone, Raiden Thor is number 1

CosmicComet

The guys at Hulk message board are pissed which says alot btw.

I haven't seen the movie yet but good point on the hulk fan reactions.

If what I read was right Thor looked clearly better regardless of the end result of their fight.

That and marvel on twitter seemed to imply Thor was the strongest avenger.

Stoic
The Starbrand.

playa1258
Thor
Strange
Vision
Hulk
Scarlet Witch

In that order for now.

quanchi112
I did not say Thor is the strongest avenger as in if The focus is strength. Hulk is. But overall Power wise, Thor does beat Hulk, which is highlighted in the movie. Thor didn't beat Hulk. Thor hurts Hulk but he never bested him. Hulk is definitively the powerhouse of the team and this is proven by their fight.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
The Hulk has been the Grandmasters champion for 2 years. In Sakaar time, that's what, like 5? He even bragged about having a special bond with him. Ironically they were never on screen together but its clear he knew the Hulk well.

Despite knowing the Hulk's combat capabilities probably better than anyone aside from Valkyrie, he was worried, nervous and decided he needed to intervene. Nuff said.

Lol, the best? Thor hit him once. If anyone showed impressive durability, it was Thor. Hulk followed his uppercut with a landing punch on Thor's face and he pounded on Thor heavy. Punch after punch including ground and pounds and Thor was completely unharmed.Thor showed impressive damage soak but he was harmed. He just countered. He was clearly hurt by the attacks but wasn't knocked out or defeated.
That's how the fights go they don't take realistic damage in sprains, etc. when the fight is over both guys don't have to deal with concussions, etc. realism isn't involved in these universes for the most part.

Just because neither guy was ko'd that doesn't mean they can't be ko'd. Thor in his super saiyan mode didn't defeat the Hulk either. He wasn't ko'd and Thor was truly connected to his powers.

Hulk is the powerhouse of the team while Thor is the skilled warrior. Both brings different pluses to the table here.

quanchi112

The guys at Hulk message board are pissed which says alot btw. The outcome was in doubt because Tgor was a peer to the Hulk. GM wasn't going to risk this. He's too much of a control freak to allow Thor the chance to defeat him. We can only speculate as to what what happen. We see the fight go back and forth multiple times already.

joesha28
As of now. The ranking goes

Dr Strange
Thor
Scarlet witch
Hulk
Vision

celeyhyga17
Before Ragnarok, I thought Hulk was on par with Thor. After seeing how well Raidenson sans Mjolnir did against Hulk, I'd say Thor.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Thor showed impressive damage soak but he was harmed. He just countered. He was clearly hurt by the attacks but wasn't knocked out or defeated.

That's how the fights go they don't take realistic damage in sprains, etc. when the fight is over both guys don't have to deal with concussions, etc. realism isn't involved in these universes for the most part.

He bounced back from everything. He actually bounced back better than Hulk did.

What? Lmao. By that logic no durability feats count and we should ignore evidence of their respective stats. The biggest copout ever. Thor shows

Just because neither guy was ko'd that doesn't mean they can't be ko'd. Thor in his super saiyan mode didn't defeat the Hulk either. He wasn't ko'd and Thor was truly connected to his powers.

Hulk is the powerhouse of the team while Thor is the skilled warrior. Both brings different pluses to the table here.

Nah, after this fight, the odds of Hulk knocking Thor out in a battle? Well, we saw what it took, outside interference that completely incapacitates Thor. I.e.

Lol. Ya, Hulk is the power house of the team. That's what the movie intended to portray.

Philosophía
Originally posted by CosmicComet
I haven't seen the movie yet but good point on the hulk fan reactions.

If what I read was right Thor looked clearly better regardless of the end result of their fight.

That and marvel on twitter seemed to imply Thor was the strongest avenger. I don't understand why, considering Hulk physically overpowered him, and the only thing that saved Thor was the lightning, at which point the strength/lightning combo started to give Thor a momentary advantage, at which point the fight was stopped. If it had continued, I'm sure Hulk would have overpowered that, too.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
He bounced back from everything. He actually bounced back better than Hulk did.

What? Lmao. By that logic no durability feats count and we should ignore evidence of their respective stats. The biggest copout ever. Thor shows
No, he didn't. Thor is the quicker of the two but both bounced back from attacks after being hurt. Just as in their first fight when we see him bring in the war hammer Hulk counters and gains the upper hand. Had the fight stopped prior to that Thor fans would have claimed Hulk can't handle the hammer. Speculating as to what would occur next is subjective.

Thor didn't ko Hulk either and he took Thor bringing down the lightning on him. GM is a corrupt elder who didn't want to risk the outcome that has no bearing on what would have occurred since it's anyone's guess.

Hulk is the powerhouse while Thor is the skilled warrior. Hulk isn't immune to Thor by any means but make no mistake the Quinjet settled the issue rather clearly. Hulk is the strongest Avenger.

playa1258
Hulk is the strongest but Thor is clearly the most powerful Avenger.

joesha28
Thor after the first strike, casually walks to Hulk sings a lullaby. Knocks Hulk on the knees which Hulk fell flat on his face. Even outpunches hulk and say you're embarrassing me. Clearly Thor never felt troubled in the fight. It's ok Banner I'll get you out, Thor did not have the expression of being troubled. The only time hulk did well was when he stopped Thor overhead hammer strike , punch and pounding.until thor lightning powers kicked in.

The crowd which was rooting for Hulk for 2 years changed its tune "Thunder, thunder".

Come on Hulk fans, you guys were all in the air for Avengers1 fight even Though Thor took Hulk's best shots and was not really harmed. But most of you refused to call that fight a draw.

Smurph
Having not seen Ragnarok yet:

Strange
Thor
Vision
Hulk
Scarlet Witch
Iron Man
War Machine
Ant Man
Spider-Man
Groot
Captain America
Gamora
Winter Soldier
Black Panther
Rocket Racoon
Hawkeye
Black Widow
Falcon
Star Lord

Drax is hard to gauge. I didn't count Nebula, Yondu or Quicksilver. Gamora seemed more impressive in the GG2, but I could understand ranking her lower.

joesha28
I would love to see Captain America vs Gamora

quanchi112
Originally posted by playa1258
Hulk is the strongest but Thor is clearly the most powerful Avenger. Thor has different different applications of his powers. Hulk is still definitively the powerhouse of the Avengers 1 team.

Raisen
Thor has different different applications of his powers. Hulk is still definitively the powerhouse of the Avengers 1 team.

hulk or vision?

quanchi112
Originally posted by Raisen
hulk or vision? Hulk.

Raisen
Hulk.

strange or vision?

quanchi112
Originally posted by Raisen
strange or vision? I see more potential in Strange. Vision is far more durable though.

joesha28
I see more potential in Strange. Vision is far more durable though.

Strange or Hulk

quanchi112
Strange or Hulk In terms of what ?

joesha28
Thor has different different applications of his powers. Hulk is still definitively the powerhouse of the Avengers 1 team.

Hulk is the Brick version powerhouse while Thor is more fluid power wise powarehouse.

joesha28
In terms of what ?

Like how your rank Vision or Hulk.

JayDaDon
The fight clearly meant to keep the debate alive. If the movie wanted a clear winner, it would be clear. But notice there is a twinge of fear with the way everyone else deals with the hulk. There is no fear from Thor and he looked about ready for 12 more rounds before grandmaster ended it. It was much better treatment than i expected him to get without Mjolnir.

quanchi112
Like how your rank Vision or Hulk. Hulk is the premier powerhouse out of all the avengers in terms of physicality.

quanchi112
Hulk is the Brick version powerhouse while Thor is more fluid power wise powarehouse. Semantics. Hulk the numero uno in terms of physicality on the Avengers.

joesha28
Semantics. Hulk the numero uno in terms of physicality on the Avengers.

This is abt most powerful. All powers, abilities coming together.

quanchi112
Semantics. Hulk the numero uno in terms of physicality on the Avengers.

This is abt most powerful. All powers, abilities coming together. You're arguing overall formidability. In terms of a powerhouse with the definition I used Hulk is definitely the Avengers pony. Thor has other skills to bring to the table and is powerful himself but in sheer physicality this is Hulk's forte.

joesha28
You're arguing overall formidability. In terms of a powerhouse with the definition I used Hulk is definitely the Avengers pony. Thor has other skills to bring to the table and is powerful himself but in sheer physicality this is Hulk's forte.

Dude. I am the OP and it's overall Power wise.

quanchi112
Dude. I am the OP and it's overall Power wise. You already have my reasoning.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.