S4 Kanan vs end of TCW Ahsoka

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kurk
15 m start, neutral gound, all-out fight.

Who wins?

Inspiration taken from Joker's thread.

Greysentinel365
Ahsoka.

godemperortrump
Ahsoka very solidly.

Rockydonovang
kanan can via force power.

UCanShootMyNova
Kanan ragdolls.

godemperortrump
Ahsoka has a large saber edge though :/

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
Kanan ragdolls. 'the thing is, I doubt his morals would allow for that.

Kanan could win via force power, but would he? Because he's losing a straight up saber duel in all likelihood.

DarthDuelist9
Kanan, absolutely lol. Besides the massive power edge he's definitely more skilled.

|King Joker|

LordOfTheLight
Kanan, really. He's just better, and there is also a pretty appreciable power edge between the two.

Ursumeles
Ahsoka has better saber feats. Kanan can win, but I'd put my money on Tano.

UCanShootMyNova
Originally posted by Rockydonovang
'the thing is, I doubt his morals would allow for that.

Kanan could win via force power, but would he? Because he's losing a straight up saber duel in all likelihood.

We've never taken morales into account for these fights before. Regardless, I wouldn't say it's likely he loses in a saber duel. He defeated the GI, someone confirmed to be more powerful then himself, after having been tortured extensively. The GI was placed above your standard Jedi by Sidious nearly a decade before that point and was given access to knowledge only available to the Jedi Council not long after. By Rebels, the GI was skilled enough in lightsaber combat to recognize the form a lightsaber combatant employed and even the master who taught them.

I.E. Kanan defeated an extremely skilled opponent who held a power advantage over him after having been tortured extensively. I'd say that's about as good as contending with mid Clone Wars Grievous.

UCanShootMyNova
@Joker: It was a bit of an exaggeration, I'll grant you that. :P Though I do have him solidly above her in regards to Force power.

I'd disagree tbh. Aside from the GI being confirmed to be above the standard Jedi Knight around a decade prior to Rebels in the latest comics and being given access to knowledge that only the Jedi Council ( and Jocasta Nu of course ) had access to previously ( something which confirms his ability to grow as an overall combatant which some had previously argued Sidious would have attempted to curb ), I also realized that Kanan's duel with the GI occurred directly after he had undergone extensive torture.

Another interesting thing to note is that it's been confirmed Vader was trying to kill Kanan and Ezra.

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_medium/11129/111293023/5950731-jedi+vs+vader+1.png

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_medium/11129/111293023/5950732-jedi+vs+vader+3.png

And yes, I know what your response will be.

"The quote you posted even says Kanan was no match for Vader!"

Well, duh. That's not the point. The quotes confirm Vader was trying to "destroy/finish off" Kanan and Ezra which means Kanan managed to last a decent length of time against a serious Vader in a lightsaber bout. About the same length of time as Ahsoka lasted against Grievous. Vader is confirmed to be above Anakin in Canon who we know to be above Dooku who we know to be above Grievous.

UCanShootMyNova
With Kanan having a solid power and skill edge over Ahsoka as of S1 I just don't see her having a chance against him as of S4.

Zenwolf
By Rebels, the GI was skilled enough in lightsaber combat to recognize the form a lightsaber combatant employed and even the master who taught them.

Why is this impressive exactly? Any trained Jedi should be able to recognize the forms, probably not the Master but I don't see why that should be relevant for combat.

DarthDuelist9
Originally posted by Zenwolf
Why is this impressive exactly? Any trained Jedi should be able to recognize the forms, probably not the Master but I don't see why that should be relevant for combat.

Not really, every Jedi still employs certain fightings forms differently. The GI's immense knowledge allows him to fully know what to expect from a certain opponent (in this case Kanan). That's a pretty big advantage to have.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by DarthDuelist9
Not really, every Jedi still employs certain fightings forms differently. The GI's immense knowledge allows him to fully know what to expect from a certain opponent (in this case Kanan). That's a pretty big advantage to have.

I'm not really seeing it being that much of an advantage frankly. Unless the Jedi in Canon training isn't all that great to where they can't even identify lightsaber forms.

DarthDuelist9
@Joker: Power wise Kanan's far away Ahsoka's superior. The magnitude of his feats as of season 1 are above Ahsoka's, from moving giant asteroids to opening huge hangar doors and that's before growing over the course of 3 seasons. So yeah, he can ragdoll if he's pushed far enough.

Again, yes he defeated the GI in SEASON 1, before growing massively over the course of 3 seasons. I don't know why you completely neglect that every time. Kanan even as of season 2 has survived an encounter with Vader and defeated every Inquisitor (or at least looked superior) to every Inquisitor he's faced. The very same Inquisitors could last from 50 seconds to 2 minutes against Ahsoka's Rebels incarnation (someone - and I think you can definitely agree on this - is solidly superior to TCW Grievous or Barriss).

|King Joker|

DarthDuelist9
I'm not really seeing it being that much of an advantage frankly. Unless the Jedi in Canon training isn't all that great to where they can't even identify lightsaber forms.

There's a difference between recognizing lightsaber forms and exactly know what move your opponent is going to use next.

Zenwolf
There's a difference between recognizing lightsaber forms and exactly know what move your opponent is going to use next.

So...Force precog?...Seeing things before they happen, knowing what is gonna come next. Plus I'd wager Jedi would know the sequences of the lightsaber forms, unless in this New Canon they don't go through them all as training and instead just choose one.

DarthDuelist9
So...Force precog?...

No, not really. Otherwise duels would solely depend on connection to the Force and would basically be endless. The GI knows what and how Kanan's going to react to his fighting style so again, obviously has a huge advantage. The only way you're going to defeat someone like that is by being faster, stronger and more focused. While everyone uses the same forms I think it's absolutely outrageous to claim Jedi who use the same form fight the exact same way. Every fighter has his/her own strengths and interprets a fighting form his/her own way.

Zenwolf
No, not really. Otherwise duels would solely depend on connection to the Force and would basically be endless. The GI knows what and how Kanan's going to react to his fighting style so again, obviously has a huge advantage. The only way you're going to defeat someone like that is by being faster, stronger and more focused. While everyone uses the same forms I think it's absolutely outrageous to claim Jedi who use the same form fight the exact same way. Every fighter has his/her own strengths and interprets a fighting form his/her own way.

Right, never was trying to say that all Jedi fight the exact same way. The identify lightsaber forms bit is what I'm questioning. I'm not really seeing identifying forms as something unique, when every Jedi should know them and thus able to respond accordingly.

I mean I suppose given the GI's notes, it offers something to him, but I dunno about huge. But the Canon hasn't really explored much in the way of Jedi training and what not, so we'll see what comes up.

UCanShootMyNova

Should've clarified. He knew his form and master after a single exchange of blows. I don't think most Jedi masters would be capable of that. His ability to figure out the latter bit of information was attributed to his skill IIRC.

UCanShootMyNova

UCanShootMyNova
@Zenwolf

Notably, he's also able to distinguish his opponent's fighting style within 10 seconds of engaging. Something that you might find more impressive given he not only figures out the form they're using but HOW they fight using those forms.

"10.6 the time it takes the Inquisitor to identify a Jedi's fighting style in seconds." - Absolutely Everything You Need To Know About Star Wars.

Zenwolf
@Zenwolf

Notably, he's also able to distinguish his opponent's fighting style within 10 seconds of engaging. Something that you might find more impressive given he not only figures out the form they're using but HOW they fight using those forms.

"10.6 the time it takes the Inquisitor to identify a Jedi's fighting style in seconds." - Absolutely Everything You Need To Know About Star Wars.

Where is it saying how they fight using them?

UCanShootMyNova
Their fighting styles is how they fight... The forms are what they're fighting with.

Zenwolf
Their fighting styles is how they fight... The forms are what they're fighting with.

Fighting style could also mean forms too. But alright...I still don't really seeing it being that much an edge, but hey if you guys wanna see it as such, go ahead.

UCanShootMyNova
:/

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.