KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » S4 Kanan vs end of TCW Ahsoka

S4 Kanan vs end of TCW Ahsoka
Started by: Kurk

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

S4 Kanan vs end of TCW Ahsoka

15 m start, neutral gound, all-out fight.

Who wins?

Inspiration taken from Joker's thread.

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 01:53 AM
Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Greysentinel365

Ahsoka.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 01:58 AM
Click here to Send Greysentinel365 a Private Message Find more posts by Greysentinel365 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
godemperortrump
Restricted

Account Restricted

Ahsoka very solidly.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 02:16 AM
Click here to Send godemperortrump a Private Message Find more posts by godemperortrump Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

kanan can via force power.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 03:00 AM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

Kanan ragdolls.

"I worked Jack in" - DMB, Gchat, 2017.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 05:24 AM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
godemperortrump
Restricted

Account Restricted

Ahsoka has a large saber edge though :/

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 06:16 AM
Click here to Send godemperortrump a Private Message Find more posts by godemperortrump Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

quote: (post)
Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
Kanan ragdolls.
'the thing is, I doubt his morals would allow for that.

Kanan could win via force power, but would he? Because he's losing a straight up saber duel in all likelihood.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 02:37 PM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthDuelist9

Kanan, absolutely lol. Besides the massive power edge he's definitely more skilled.

Check out my new Kylo Ren Site! http://darthduelist9.wixsite.com/kylo-ren

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 02:59 PM
Click here to Send DarthDuelist9 a Private Message Find more posts by DarthDuelist9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

Kanan isn’t ragdolling shit, LMFAO. You can argue a power edge but claiming it’s so gargantuan to warrant a ragdoll is absurd.

Kanan also doesn’t have anything to prove he’s more skilled, really. His best combative feat is still beating the Grand Inquisitor, as far as I’m concerned, and I don’t think many people were seriously claiming Kanan was better than Ahsoka as of Season 1 of Rebels. Kanan still hasn’t demonstrated a superior combative aptitude even as of Season 4 compared to Ahsoka, and I doubt that will change.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 04:23 PM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordOfTheLight

Kanan, really. He's just better, and there is also a pretty appreciable power edge between the two.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 04:55 PM
Click here to Send LordOfTheLight a Private Message Find more posts by LordOfTheLight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ursumeles
Traitor

Ahsoka has better saber feats. Kanan can win, but I'd put my money on Tano.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 05:05 PM
Click here to Send Ursumeles a Private Message Find more posts by Ursumeles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

Originally posted by Rockydonovang
'the thing is, I doubt his morals would allow for that.

Kanan could win via force power, but would he? Because he's losing a straight up saber duel in all likelihood.

We've never taken morales into account for these fights before. Regardless, I wouldn't say it's likely he loses in a saber duel. He defeated the GI, someone confirmed to be more powerful then himself, after having been tortured extensively. The GI was placed above your standard Jedi by Sidious nearly a decade before that point and was given access to knowledge only available to the Jedi Council not long after. By Rebels, the GI was skilled enough in lightsaber combat to recognize the form a lightsaber combatant employed and even the master who taught them.

I.E. Kanan defeated an extremely skilled opponent who held a power advantage over him after having been tortured extensively. I'd say that's about as good as contending with mid Clone Wars Grievous.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 05:59 PM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

@Joker: It was a bit of an exaggeration, I'll grant you that. :P Though I do have him solidly above her in regards to Force power.

I'd disagree tbh. Aside from the GI being confirmed to be above the standard Jedi Knight around a decade prior to Rebels in the latest comics and being given access to knowledge that only the Jedi Council ( and Jocasta Nu of course ) had access to previously ( something which confirms his ability to grow as an overall combatant which some had previously argued Sidious would have attempted to curb ), I also realized that Kanan's duel with the GI occurred directly after he had undergone extensive torture.

Another interesting thing to note is that it's been confirmed Vader was trying to kill Kanan and Ezra.

https://static.comicvine.com/upload...+vs+vader+1.png

https://static.comicvine.com/upload...+vs+vader+3.png

And yes, I know what your response will be.

"The quote you posted even says Kanan was no match for Vader!"

Well, duh. That's not the point. The quotes confirm Vader was trying to "destroy/finish off" Kanan and Ezra which means Kanan managed to last a decent length of time against a serious Vader in a lightsaber bout. About the same length of time as Ahsoka lasted against Grievous. Vader is confirmed to be above Anakin in Canon who we know to be above Dooku who we know to be above Grievous.

Last edited by UCanShootMyNova on Nov 9th, 2017 at 06:16 PM

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 06:10 PM
UCanShootMyNova

With Kanan having a solid power and skill edge over Ahsoka as of S1 I just don't see her having a chance against him as of S4.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 06:17 PM
Zenwolf

By Rebels, the GI was skilled enough in lightsaber combat to recognize the form a lightsaber combatant employed and even the master who taught them.

Why is this impressive exactly? Any trained Jedi should be able to recognize the forms, probably not the Master but I don't see why that should be relevant for combat.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 06:30 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthDuelist9

Originally posted by Zenwolf
Why is this impressive exactly? Any trained Jedi should be able to recognize the forms, probably not the Master but I don't see why that should be relevant for combat.

Not really, every Jedi still employs certain fightings forms differently. The GI's immense knowledge allows him to fully know what to expect from a certain opponent (in this case Kanan). That's a pretty big advantage to have.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 08:01 PM
Click here to Send DarthDuelist9 a Private Message Find more posts by DarthDuelist9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Originally posted by DarthDuelist9
Not really, every Jedi still employs certain fightings forms differently. The GI's immense knowledge allows him to fully know what to expect from a certain opponent (in this case Kanan). That's a pretty big advantage to have.

I'm not really seeing it being that much of an advantage frankly. Unless the Jedi in Canon training isn't all that great to where they can't even identify lightsaber forms.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 08:04 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthDuelist9

@Joker: Power wise Kanan's far away Ahsoka's superior. The magnitude of his feats as of season 1 are above Ahsoka's, from moving giant asteroids to opening huge hangar doors and that's before growing over the course of 3 seasons. So yeah, he can ragdoll if he's pushed far enough.

Again, yes he defeated the GI in SEASON 1, before growing massively over the course of 3 seasons. I don't know why you completely neglect that every time. Kanan even as of season 2 has survived an encounter with Vader and defeated every Inquisitor (or at least looked superior) to every Inquisitor he's faced. The very same Inquisitors could last from 50 seconds to 2 minutes against Ahsoka's Rebels incarnation (someone - and I think you can definitely agree on this - is solidly superior to TCW Grievous or Barriss).

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 08:07 PM
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

I'd disagree tbh. Aside from the GI being confirmed to be above the standard Jedi Knight around a decade prior to Rebels in the latest comics and being given access to knowledge that only the Jedi Council ( and Jocasta Nu of course ) had access to previously ( something which confirms his ability to grow as an overall combatant which some had previously argued Sidious would have attempted to curb ), I also realized that Kanan's duel with the GI occurred directly after he had undergone extensive torture.
We aren't really sure how powerful a standard Jedi Knight even is, but I doubt one would be very impressive by our standards. And I've always thought the Inquisitors being above a standard Knight was a given, so the fact its been confirmed doesn't change anything for me, really.

The Grand Inquisitor gaining knowledge from the archives undoubtedly would have made him a more potent adversary since he could easily identify lightsaber forms, but I think the Grand Inquisitor's ability on that front only suggests an impressive academic knowledge that he was able to exploit against less experienced foes. This idea is backed up by Ultimate Star Wars which outright states that the Grand Inquisitor's fighting skills aren't as good as his analytic skills: In relying on such a mechanical lightsaber model, the Inquisitor betrays his one weakness: his fighting skills are not as potent as his analytical skills. Now, obviously, the Grand Inquisitor did exploit this edge against Kanan early on, but I think the novelty of the Grand Inquisitor's technical knowledge wore off as Kanan became more accustomed to fighting him. It's impressive for Kanan, sure, but I feel like Kanan only won that engagement because of a temporary boost brought on by Ezra's perceived death. And I know what you're thinking when I claim that Kanan was boosted—but I believe Freddie Prinze, Jr. literally said that Kanan was in an extremely focused state of mind reminiscent of, and alluded to a Bruce Lee quote regarding flowing like water or something along those lines.

If you're going to resist the "amp" argument (which I'm not a fan of making, either, by the way) there's still the fact that Kanan struggled with the Seventh Sister and Fifth Brother after defeating the Grand Inquisitor, which seems pretty contradictory if you want to argue that Kanan's victory against the Grand Inquisitor is a showing that Kanan could replicate any time.

Another interesting thing to note is that it's been confirmed Vader was trying to kill Kanan and Ezra.

https://static.comicvine.com/upload...+vs+vader+1.png

https://static.comicvine.com/upload...+vs+vader+3.png

And yes, I know what your response will be.

"The quote you posted even says Kanan was no match for Vader!"

Well, duh. That's not the point. The quotes confirm Vader was trying to "destroy/finish off" Kanan and Ezra which means Kanan managed to last a decent length of time against a serious Vader in a lightsaber bout. About the same length of time as Ahsoka lasted against Grievous. Vader is confirmed to be above Anakin in Canon who we know to be above Dooku who we know to be above Grievous.
Vader trying to kill Kanan and Ezra =/= Vader going all out. It's abundantly clear during the fight that Vader was operating quite casually. You're scaling doesn't work.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 08:07 PM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthDuelist9

Originally posted by Zenwolf
I'm not really seeing it being that much of an advantage frankly. Unless the Jedi in Canon training isn't all that great to where they can't even identify lightsaber forms.

There's a difference between recognizing lightsaber forms and exactly know what move your opponent is going to use next.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 08:08 PM