Mass Shootings in America Thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Robtard
Another day, another mass shooting. Several people have noted, these are becoming more and more common now in 2017 and there's no reason to believe they're going to lesson any time soon as nothing gets done/changes, so might as well make an official thread. #maga

This time in N. California, four dead, several others injured, some children. Man went on shooting spree across seven different locations, no one really knows why at this point; "insanity" seems to be the motive being pushed.

Link: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/14/us/northern-california-shooting-school.html

Surtur
Okay Rob, name the changes that would have stopped this.

Surtur
I also just want to also say RIP to the victims, but I can already tell this thread won't be about them, not really.

Robtard
Originally posted by Surtur

None Surtur, 'America is the greatest country and can accomplish anything', except lowering gun related mass murders, that's the elusive unicorn.

I also just want to also say RIP to the victims, but I can already tell this thread won't be about them, not really.

This thread is about mass shootings that happen in America, read the title. But your 'thoughts and prayers' have been noted because you really care. Good thing about thoughts and prayers, it's an endless well and you're going to need it.

Surtur
Okay, I asked you what changes could stop this and you don't seem to have an answer. The 2nd amendment will not being going away, so what besides that could have stopped this?

Save me your thoughts and prayers bullshit, you guys never spout that shit when it's an Islamic terror attack. Where is the "f*ck this day of mourning!" shit from leftists for islamic terror? Where is the "f*ck your flowers" from leftists for Islamic terror?

snowdragon

Easy peasy, neuter all men that show overt aggression.....that'll cure their focus and drive of killing everyone to show who the boss is!

Surtur
Originally posted by snowdragon
Easy peasy, neuter all men that show overt aggression.....that'll cure their focus and drive of killing everyone to show who the boss is!

Indeed, and we can just sterilize all the mentally ill while we're at it.

Firefly218
Indeed, and we can just sterilize all the mentally ill while we're at it. How do you think we prevent mass shootings?

Robtard
Okay, I asked you what changes could stop this and you don't seem to have an answer. The 2nd amendment will not being going away, so what besides that could have stopped this?

Save me your thoughts and prayers bullshit, you guys never spout that shit when it's an Islamic terror attack. Where is the "f*ck this day of mourning!" shit from leftists for islamic terror? Where is the "f*ck your flowers" from leftists for Islamic terror?

I answered.

Proof of this claim of yours? But your 'deflect to Islam' tactics has been noted. BTW, I have no idea if this guy was an Islamic Terrorist, but it seems by your belligerent reaction you don't think he was.

Surtur
Originally posted by Firefly218
How do you think we prevent mass shootings?

I literally asked this in this thread lol.

Firefly218
I literally asked this in this thread lol. I'm asking about your opinion. You already know mine.

Surtur
Originally posted by Robtard
I answered.

Proof of this claim of yours? But your 'deflect to Islam' tactics has been noted. BTW, I have no idea if this guy was an Islamic Terrorist, but it seems by your belligerent reaction you don't think he was.

I never meant to suggest he was an Islamic terrorist. My point was when it's a white guy doing the shooting thoughts and prayers are useless. I do not see this when there is an Islamic terror attack. I did not hear leftists spewing that over the NYC terror attack recently.

Please, prove me wrong. Show me that being spewed over the NYC terror attack. Or any Islamic terror attack. I am serious, I only recall hearing this shit over white males who shoot people. None of your gods are real, but be consistent.

And btw, your answer was just sarcastic bullshit.

Surtur
I'm asking about your opinion. You already know mine.

Enforce the gun laws we already have. We don't need new ones.

Firefly218
Enforce the gun laws we already have. We don't need new ones. Our current gun laws wouldn't have prevented the Vegas shooter though... And that is the deadliest shooting in history... Bump stocks are legal and assault weapons are legal...

Surtur
Our current gun laws wouldn't have prevented the Vegas shooter though... And that is the deadliest shooting in history... Bump stocks are legal and assault weapons are legal...

Who decided to make bumpstocks legal?

snowdragon
Enforce the gun laws we already have. We don't need new ones.

That isn't going to stop mass shootings. Maybe we should get rid of ar-15's and 30-40-100 round magazines.

Maybe there isn't a law we can pass but we can stop selling tactical items for guns that aren't needed for home defense or hunting.

Maybe we can act like adults and stop pretending like we have a zombie invasion coming in a month and we don't need guns with 100 lego attachments to go plinking out in the woods.

Firefly218
Who decided to make bumpstocks legal? Bump stocks would have been banned under legislation Dianne Feinstein introduced after the 2012 shooting of elementary students in Newtown, Conn. That effort collapsed in congress because too many republicans voted against it

Robtard
I never meant to suggest he was an Islamic terrorist. My point was when it's a white guy doing the shooting thoughts and prayers are useless. I do not see this when there is an Islamic terror attack. I did not hear leftists spewing that over the NYC terror attack recently.

Please, prove me wrong. Show me that being spewed.

And btw, your answer was just sarcastic bullshit.

When I have I said that thoughts and prayers are not useless if it's Islamic Terrorism? Seems you're trying to railroad and it's not going to fly.

But since your brought it up, there seems to be a clear pattern Trumper and Trumper types use when there's a mass shooting:

If the attacker is a Muslim = Condemn Islam and use the attack as proof that we need a Muslim majority country ban (doesn't matter if it's a homegrown Muslim)

If the attacker is Black = Condemn "Black culture" and talk about the need for more police, more prisons and harsher sentences on these "thugs"

In the attacker is Mexican = Condemn immigrants and talk about how we desperately need Trump's wall and tougher immigration laws

If the attacker is White = "Thoughts and prayers" + "He must have been crazy; nothing could have stopped this."

Now please stop derailing my thread, thanks in advance.

Surtur
Bump stocks would have been banned under legislation Dianne Feinstein introduced after the 2012 shooting of elementary students in Newtown, Conn. That effort collapsed in congress because too many republicans voted against it

And question, can one make a homemade bumpstock? What is your knowledge about that?

Surtur
When I have I said that thoughts and prayers are not useless if it's Islamic Terrorism? Seems you're trying to railroad and it's not going to fly.

But since your brought it up, there seems to be a clear pattern Trumper and Trumper types use when there's a mass shooting:

If the attacker is a Muslim = Condemn Islam and use the attack as proof that we need a Muslim majority country ban (doesn't matter if it's a homegrown Muslim)

If the attacker is Black = Condemn "Black culture" and talk about the need for more police, more prisons and harsher sentences on these "thugs"

In the attacker is Mexican = Condemn immigrants and talk about how we desperately need Trump's wall and tougher immigration laws

If the attacker is White = "Thoughts and prayers" + "He must have been crazy; nothing could have stopped this."

Oh Rob, it'll fly if I decide it will fly.

My point is that we don't see this reaction to Islamic terror. I want consistency in your whining about thoughts and prayers.

Firefly218
And question, can one make a homemade bumpstock? No

Firefly218

KO

Robtard
Oh Rob, it'll fly if I decide it will fly.

My point is that we don't see this reaction to Islamic terror. I want consistency in your whining about thoughts and prayers.

I asked for proof; you've not given it; so you're inventing strawmen and then bashing those. Stop derailing my thread now, or leave. I don't care.

Surtur
No

Maybe I misunderstood this video then.

B-9FHzYRZTQ

It's 100% possible I did.

Robtard
KO

Those facts will be outright ignored or dismissed. Watch.

Surtur
KO

But again, this is just retarded. It's not a KO to anyone with common sense.

Hypocrisy is all around. When it's a Muslim the right blames Islam, leftists whine and complain. When it's a white guy leftists blame white people. It's okay then, because reasons.

Firefly218
Maybe I misunderstood this video then.

B-9FHzYRZTQ

It's 100% possible I did. The average person can't do that. Mentally ill people can't do that either.

Surtur
The average person can't do that. Mentally ill people can't do that either.

So now it's changed from "no" to "the mentally ill can't"?

But, the Las Vegas dude had CAMERAS and shit set up. He did all that, had all this shit. But he can't do this? Bullshit. I want you to type it out. Type out the Vegas shooter couldn't have. Because YOU brought up Vegas. Your narrative is falling apart, I suggest saving it quickly.

Firefly218
So now it's changed from "no" to "the mentally ill can't"?

But, the Las Vegas dude had CAMERAS and shit set up. He did all that, had all this shit. But he can't do this? Bullshit. If bump stocks were illegal, the Vegas shooter wouldn't have been able to buy one at a store. Which would make it more difficult for him to convert his semi-automatic to a fully-automatic...

Scribble
But again, this is just retarded. It's not a KO to anyone with common sense.

Hypocrisy is all around. When it's a Muslim the right blames Islam, leftists whine and complain. When it's a white guy leftists blame white people. It's okay then, because reasons. And it happens when the tables are flipped too, so just answer his point. It's a non-troll point and you may as well answer it

Surtur
Originally posted by Scribble
And it happens when the tables are flipped too, so just answer his point. It's a non-troll point and you may as well answer it

Er, what point is there to answer? This bullshit happens on both sides.

Thoughts and prayers are dumb, I want that spewed 100% of the time. Or never. There is no other option. Spew it for whites and Islamic terror or not at all.

Surtur
If bump stocks were illegal, the Vegas shooter wouldn't have been able to buy one at a store. Which would make it more difficult for him to convert his semi-automatic to a fully-automatic...

And I ask again: could he have made one?

You also told me no that they could not be made. Why did you lie?

Scribble
Er, what point is there to answer? This bullshit happens on both sides.

Thoughts and prayers are dumb, I want that spewed 100% of the time. Or never. There is no other option. Spew it for whites and Islamic terror or not at all. Yeah but for example, I am neither side, so I want to see arguments beyond just that partisan shit. I want to know your real opinion, not your for-the-enemy opinion, you know? Why is it different with white guy shooters?

Surtur
Yeah but for example, I am neither side, so I want to see arguments beyond just that partisan shit. I want to know your real opinion, not your for-the-enemy opinion, you know? Why is it different with white guy shooters?

Lol, did we enter the Twilight Zone? I never actually said it's different for whites. I merely said I'm sick and tired of seeing leftist whine about thoughts and prayers for whites, but keep their mouths shut when it's being said for Islamic terror.

Robtard
Lol, did we enter the Twilight Zone? I never actually said it's different for whites. I merely said I'm sick and tired of seeing leftist whine about thoughts and prayers for whites, but keep their mouths shut when it's being said for Islamic terror.

The point you've dodged now several times is that when it's a Muslim, Black or Mexican attacker there are solutions to "fix" the problem (ie ban, more cops/prisons, wall), but it's silence in the solution department when the attacker is White. So, why is this?

Surtur
Let me put it another way, some dipshit white guy shoots up a place screaming "God is great!!!!!!" or "Jesus is great!" and nope, there will be no "he is mentally ill" as an excuse.

Scribble
Lol, did we enter the Twilight Zone? I never actually said it's different for whites. I merely said I'm sick and tired of seeing leftist whine about thoughts and prayers for whites, but keep their mouths shut when it's being said for Islamic terror. Yeah but again, idgaf what they're saying right now. I mostly cross in liberal circles so I want to know what a conservative thinks of this

If the attacker is White = "Thoughts and prayers" + "He must have been crazy; nothing could have stopped this." Because it's a good point, generally. You say you're sick of the liberal hypocrisy but I've seen you take the stance Rob posited so I want to know why it's different.

You don't have to answer, but you know I'm a pretty open-minded guy who listens to opinions without resorting to name-calling/retorting for the sake of retorting/deflection, and that you've helped me form an opinion on gun control before, so I want to know a bit more.

Surtur
The point you've dodged now several times is that when it's a Muslim, Black or Mexican attacker there are solutions to "fix" the problem (ie ban, more cops/prisons, wall), but it's silence in the solution department when the attacker is White. So, why is this?

But there isn't silence lol. There are just different solutions.

Firefly218
And I ask again: could he have made one? How do you know he could've made one? We have no evidence that suggests the Vegas shooter is capable of making a bump stock... Just because there's a YouTube video doesn't mean he would've or could've made a functioning bump stock.

And keeping bump stocks legal makes them wayyyyy more accessible to even ppl who otherwise wouldn't have known they existed

Robtard
Let me put it another way, some dipshit white guy shoots up a place screaming "God is great!!!!!!" or "Jesus is great!" and nope, there will be no "he is mentally ill" as an excuse.

You've dodged again. Why is there a clear "fix" for others and the problem, but not when it's a White shooter?

snowdragon
If bump stocks were illegal, the Vegas shooter wouldn't have been able to buy one at a store. Which would make it more difficult for him to convert his semi-automatic to a fully-automatic...

I believe Surt was asserting that even if bump stocks were illegal he could have made them just like in the youtube video.

Looks like we have more then enough terror from US citizens that are male that we could put aside discussions about islamic terrorists for another thread...you know since they don't pew pew people like we do in Murika.

Surtur
Yeah but again, idgaf what they're saying right now. I mostly cross in liberal circles so I want to know what a conservative thinks of this
Because it's a good point, generally. You say you're sick of the liberal hypocrisy but I've seen you take the stance Rob posited so I want to know why it's different.

You don't have to answer, but you know I'm a pretty open-minded guy who listens to opinions without resorting to name-calling/retorting for the sake of retorting/deflection, and that you've helped me form an opinion on gun control before, so I want to know a bit more.

You're also intelligent, so you should already kinda know the answer, which I suspect you do.

Is there a white culture here? I don't think so. Is there a black culture here? Yes lol. These are unpleasant facts, but just the reality.

And thing is, don't leftists agree with me? Wasn't this why "white power" wasn't okay, but black power was?

Surtur
I believe Surt was asserting that even if bump stocks were illegal he could have made them just like in the youtube video.

Looks like we have more then enough terror from US citizens that are male that we could put aside discussions about islamic terrorists for another thread...you know since they don't pew pew people like we do in Murika.

Indeed. I flat out asked him if they could be homemade. He said no. A cursory internet search proved him wrong. Then he switched it to "the mentally ill cant" which is bullshit. Not all mental illness is the same. The Vegas shooter had all this shit set up, cameras, etc. He had the intellectual capacity to make a bumpstock if he needed to IMO. The video I posted is not complicated.

Firefly218
He had the intellectual capacity to make a bumpstock if he needed to IMO.

That's just your opinion. It doesn't mean anything.

The video I posted is not complicated. Complexity is relative

Scribble
You're also intelligent, so you should already kinda know the answer, which I suspect you do.

Is there a white culture here? I don't think so. Is there a black culture here? Yes lol. These are unpleasant facts, but just the reality.

And thing is, don't leftists agree with me? Wasn't this why "white power" wasn't okay, but black power was? There are several white cultures in the US, and several black cultures. What about a middle-class black guy going on a rampage? What would your response to that be, for example? Is there not a way of changing crazy white male culture, or behaviour? Or at least trying? Because honestly all of the other things do have solutions that are claimed, as Rob said, but it's like you're just ignoring the constant trend of crazy gun-happy murderous white guys as if it's just 'another shooting' every time it happens. Saying there's nothing that can be done seems so defeatist. Surely there is something that could be done to curb killings such as these?

Surtur
There are several white cultures in the US, and several black cultures. What about a middle-class black guy going on a rampage? What would your response to that be, for example? Is there not a way of changing crazy white male culture, or behaviour? Or at least trying? Because honestly all of the other things do have solutions that are claimed, as Rob said, but it's like you're just ignoring the constant trend of crazy gun-happy murderous white guys as if it's just 'another shooting' every time it happens. Saying there's nothing that can be done seems so defeatist. Surely there is something that could be done to curb killings such as these?

Name the white cultures.

Robtard
There are several white cultures in the US, and several black cultures. What about a middle-class black guy going on a rampage? What would your response to that be, for example? Is there not a way of changing crazy white male culture, or behaviour? Or at least trying? Because honestly all of the other things do have solutions that are claimed, as Rob said, but it's like you're just ignoring the constant trend of crazy gun-happy murderous white guys as if it's just 'another shooting' every time it happens. Saying there's nothing that can be done seems so defeatist. Surely there is something that could be done to curb killings such as these?

IMO, he's just going to dodge what you're saying asking again as he did with me.

Firefly218
Name the white cultures. Banning bump stocks in 2012 could have potentially saved hundreds of lives.

Surtur
That's just your opinion. It doesn't mean anything.

Complexity is relative

So he can set up all these cameras, sneak all these many guns into a hotel, but he can't even follow the simple instructions of a youtube video?

Right.

snowdragon
The mass shooters are like a huge testosterone bubbled up rage machine that probably have inferiority issues and need to show how POWA they are with tools of death.

That certainly sounds like a mental issue to me.

Surtur
Banning bump stocks in 2012 could have potentially saved hundreds of lives.

Why did you say this in response to that specific question?

Robtard
So Surt, I generally answer all your questions, can you return the favor:

You've dodged again. Why is there a clear "fix" for others and the problem, but not when it's a White shooter?

Firefly218
So he can set up all these cameras, sneak all these many guns into a hotel, but he can't even follow the simple instructions of a youtube video?

Right. But is making it harder for mass shooters a bad thing? You're arguing that bump stocks should be conveniently available to crazy mass shooters at their local shop?

Surtur
The mass shooters are like a huge testosterone bubbled up rage machine that probably have inferiority issues and need to show how POWA they are with tools of death.

That certainly sounds like a mental issue to me.

Point is..it's not culture. Not every culture is equal. If folk want to say there are white cultures here okay, you do not have the inherent violence, the inherent need to act tough, etc. that you do for black culture, just to give one example. Not that whites aren't violent, but it is not an ever present part of our "culture" in the way it is others. This is just fact. People who don't like it might as well whine 1+1=2.

But being raised up by an awful awful religion that needs to be removed from existence? Growing up in a culture where there is pressure to be tough, to be a thug, to treat disrespect with violence? Different, cuz reasons and rainbows.

Surtur
So Surt, I generally answer all your questions, can you return the favor:

See my above response about cultures.

Surtur
But is making it harder for mass shooters a bad thing? You're arguing that bump stocks should be conveniently available to crazy mass shooters at their local shop?

I never said it was bad. I am saying anyone determined to get their mass shooting on can easily make one.

snowdragon
Name the white cultures.

How about any group of individuals that identify with certain common traits such as say language, heritage, education, proximity to each other etc.

How about the yuppy culture that was typically identified with young underaged professional commonly used to identify white males bustling in corporate america.

How about that neo-nazi culture that made itself seen recently with a bunch lawn torches and chanting.

etc etc

Scribble
Name the white cultures. 'Hillbilly', yuppie, blue-collar workers, suburban families

Every country has sets of cultures dude come on

Look you can PM me your opinion if you feel put-upon in here

Surtur
'Hillbilly', yuppie, blue-collar workers, suburban families

Every country has sets of cultures dude come on

Look you can PM me your opinion if you feel put-upon in here

But Scrib, here is the difference. People of all races do the "white culture" thing here. You have blacks, you have mexicans, etc. in the suburbs. They aren't insulted for trying to appropriate white culture, etc.

A white dude begins acting "black" he is called a wigger, etc.

Our culture is open to any ethnicity really. I had black friends that embraced me, but they knew I could never be a part of their culture.

Have you ever heard someone whine that white culture is being appropriated?

snowdragon
Point is..it's not culture. .

Looks like part of A gun culture to me, that is being led by white "radicals."

Scribble
But Scrib, here is the difference. People of all races do the "white culture" thing here. You have blacks, you have mexicans, etc. in the suburbs. They aren't insulted for trying to appropriate white culture, etc.

A white dude begins acting "black" he is called a wigger, etc.

Our culture is open to any ethnicity really. I had black friends that embraced me, but they knew I could never be a part of their culture. I don't see what this has to do with me asking you why you don't think there's anything that can be done about mass shootings when they're committed by a white guy. It seems really defeatist to go "welp, that's what happens!"

Firefly218
I never said it was bad. I am saying anyone determined to get their mass shooting on can easily make one. Then why are you arguing that we shouldn't ban bump stocks? If even 1 potential mass shooter is incapable of homemaking a bump stock or simply too lazy to even try, then isn't the ban worth it?

I think ultimately you agree with me though, bump stocks should be made illegal. Which means you agree that our current gun laws are insufficient. thumb up

Scribble
Looks like part of A gun culture to me, that is being led by white "radicals." Also yeah white gun culture is obviously a huge part of American society, it spans across the classes but is all based on the same thing

Surtur
I don't see what this has to do with me asking you why you don't think there's anything that can be done about mass shootings when they're committed by a white guy. It seems really defeatist to go "welp, that's what happens!"

I never said I don't feel there isn't anything that can be done lol. That is the narrative your pals put forth.

The responses are different for whites because in a way we have no culture. We have a culture that is open to others more than any other culture here and you won't hear us whining about you appropriating us. At least nowhere near to the extent of others. You won't ever see a leftist outraged over it.

I think you can agree different solutions might be needed if something is cultural vs being due to mental illness or religious zealotry.

Robtard
See my above response about cultures.

So your answer as to why there's a clear "fix" to stop Muslim, Black and Mexican attackers, but no fix when it's a White attacker is "there are no White cultures".

Yeah, you're being a wilful Bernard Lowe now. "What door?" This is a key reason why it's nigh impossible to have an honest conversation with you.

Surtur
Then why are you arguing that we shouldn't ban bump stocks? If even 1 potential mass shooter is incapable of homemaking a bump stock or simply too lazy to even try, then isn't the ban worth it?

I think ultimately you agree with me though, bump stocks should be made illegal. Which means you agree that our current gun laws are insufficient. thumb up

When did I say we shouldn't? I am saying it is meaningless. It will only prevent the law abiding citizens. The criminals will just MAKE ONE. It is not hard.

Scribble
I never said I don't feel there isn't anything that can be done lol. That is the narrative your pals put forth.

The responses are different for whites because in a way we have no culture. We have a culture that is open to others more than any other culture here and you won't hear us whining about you appropriating us. At least nowhere near to the extent of others. You won't ever see a leftist outraged over it.

I think you can agree different solutions might be needed if something is cultural vs being due to mental illness or religious zealotry. What do you think can be done, then?

Also, please, none of this 'pals' talk. I'm not here with them, I'm here to talk to you.

Surtur
So your answer as to why there's a clear "fix" to stop Muslim, Black and Mexican attackers, but no fix when it's a White attacker is "there are no White cultures".

Yeah, you're being a wilful Bernard Lowe now. "What culture?" This is a key reason why it's nigh impossible to have an honest conversation with you.

I never said there was no clear fix. I think different problems require different solutions.

Surtur
What do you think can be done, then?

Also, please, none of this 'pals' talk. I'm not here with them, I'm here to talk to you.

Ban all guns or enforce existing gun laws.

And bro, you might not be here with them, but they are here with you.

Just look at this bullshit for a second. I never said there was no clear fix, morons say I did. I never said bumpstocks should not be banned, morons said I did.

Scribble
Ban all guns or enforce existing gun laws.

And bro, you might not be here with them, but they are here with you.

Just look at this bullshit for a second. I never said there was no clear fix, morons say I did. I never said bumpstocks should not be banned, morons said I did. Nothing mental health related? Because if all these crazy people are getting guns, something is going wrong there. Getting rid of all guns is out of the equation, you already convinced me of that. 'Enforce current gun laws' sounds defeatist.

Firefly218
When did I say we shouldn't? I am saying it is meaningless. It will only prevent the law abiding citizens. The criminals will just MAKE ONE. It is not hard. I've never seen a law-abiding citizen stop a mass shooting before it happened...

Robtard
I never said there was no clear fix. I think different problems require different solutions.

Your stances/actions imply it. But fair enough, what is the "fix" then for White attackers iyo?

Since we have bans for Muslims, harsher sentences/more prisons for Black and walls and tougher immigration laws for Mexican attackers

Surtur
Nothing mental health related? Because if all these crazy people are getting guns, something is going wrong there. Getting rid of all guns is out of the equation, you already convinced me of that. 'Enforce current gun laws' sounds defeatist.

What do you mean in terms of mental health related? If you've been deemed mentally ill and a danger to others or yourself you can't legally purchase a gun.

Surtur
Your stances/actions imply it. But fair enough, what is the "fix" then for White attacker iyo?

Since we have bans for Muslims, harsher sentences/more prisons for Black and walls and tougher immigration laws for Mexican attackers

We have more blacks in prison because they commit more crime. Thus there is a higher police presence. It's why blacks are in jail more for drugs.

Scribble
Okay: to the rest of you all, what are your specific stances on what can be done about mass shootings that are primarily committed by white middle-aged men?

Serious answers only.

I'm a Brit, so I'm trying to form an opinion. Partisan shit makes that difficult.

Robtard
We have more blacks in prison because they commit more crime.

Okay...

You're once again dodging. What is the "fix" for White attackers, since we have fixes for others?

Scribble
What do you mean in terms of mental health related? If you've been deemed mentally ill and a danger to others or yourself you can't legally purchase a gun. I was thinking more like, support for people with mental health. If someone with mental health issues has owned guns in the past, maybe keep tabs on them every now and then? I don't know, I'm just brainstorming here. There must be some way to stop like 60 people getting gunned down dead every month or so.

Surtur
Okay: to the rest of you all, what are your specific stances on what can be done about mass shootings that are primarily committed by white middle-aged men?

Serious answers only.

I'm a Brit, so I'm trying to form an opinion. Partisan shit makes that difficult.

But again Scrib, if you're trying to avoid partisan shit put some thought into what you say. For example, look at the percentage of black men who commit mass shootings(15%) and compare that to the overall percentage of blacks in America vs whites.

13% of the population. Most committed by black men, so 6% really.

People love to talk about numbers here without putting it into context with population.

Scribble
But again Scrib, if you're trying to avoid partisan shit put some thought into what you say. For example, look at the percentage of black men who commit mass shootings(15%) and compare that to the overall percentage of blacks in America vs whites.

13% of the population. Most committed by black men, so 6% really.

People love to talk about numbers here without putting it into context with population. Yeah, and you posited a way of cutting that down, right? So let's go back to the white guys, since you already covered the black guys. Most of the major shootings that happen are white guys, too. Las Vegas, most school shootings, Sandy Hook. Not to say other cultures don't do it too, in fact the US is very multicultural in its psychotic murderers, so props for that.

Firefly218

13% of the population. Most committed by black men, so 6% really. Disregard what surt just said. It's not about whites vs blacks vs mexicans vs muslims. Statistics show the highest rates of violence come from those in poverty and those without education. It just so happens that black people tend to be in more poverty and have less education.

Scribble
Disregard what surt just said. It's not about whites vs blacks vs mexicans vs muslims. Statistics show the highest rates of violence come from those in poverty and those without education. It just so happens that black people tend to be in more poverty and have less education. And less access to education. You want to 'change black culture'? Give poor black people more opportunities to get educated and leave the ghettos that so many young black people get stuck in.

(I don't literally mean you btw, but you probs got that)

Surtur
Yeah, and you posited a way of cutting that down, right? So let's go back to the white guys, since you already covered the black guys. Most of the major shootings that happen are white guys, too. Las Vegas, most school shootings, Sandy Hook. Not to say other cultures don't do it too, in fact the US is very multicultural in its psychotic murderers, so props for that.

My thing is they will harp on whites for mass shootings, but not harp on blacks for committing the majority of shootings overall.

But anyways, I have no problem with increasing mental health care or whatever. IF there are not already laws about people who already owned guns for a while and then were said to be mentally ill...we do need some, though I'd be surprised if there were not.

Scribble
My thing is they will harp on whites for mass shootings, but not harp on blacks for committing the majority of shootings overall.

But anyways, I have no problem with increasing mental health care or whatever. IF there are not already laws about people who already owned guns for a while and then were said to be mentally ill...we do need some, though I'd be surprised if there were not. Well, fair enough, but you seem to have put in more thought about how to stop violence committed by everyone non-white a lot more than you have those who are white. And what about 'black on black' crime? There may be high numbers for shootings committed by black people but it is mostly other black people on the end of those shootings, as opposed to the indiscriminate rampages of the Mad White Man.

Firefly218
And less access to education. You want to 'change black culture'? Give poor black people more opportunities to get educated and leave the ghettos that so many young black people get stuck in.

(I don't literally mean you btw, but you probs got that) thumb up

For 100s of years black people in America were enslaved and denied education, it's not surprising that they're still suffering the residual effects of that today. Educate poor and bring them out of the dirt, that's how you solve inner city woes. Not with martial law or abusive cops.

Surtur
Well, fair enough, but you seem to have put in more thought about how to stop violence committed by everyone non-white a lot more than you have those who are white. And what about 'black on black' crime? There may be high numbers for shootings committed by black people but it is mostly other black people on the end of those shootings, as opposed to the indiscriminate rampages of the Mad White Man.

I put into more thought because I think it needs it. People tend to not ignore white crime. We tend to not riot when whites are killed by cops, there is no code among whites that you don't snitch on a piece of shit, either.

If I thought people were ignoring white folk killing other folk I'd be focused on it. But I see my city torn apart by violence, nobody cares because it's an unpleasant subject.

Scribble
thumb up

For 100s of years black people in America were enslaved and denied education, it's not surprising that they're still suffering the residual effects of that today. Educate poor and bring them out of the dirt, that's how you solve inner city woes. Not with martial law or abusive cops. Education is the key to everything imo. When more (hopefully one day all) Americans have access to better education, I believe crime rates would drop, gang culture would be less pronounced, and actual integration would be witnessed.

Surtur
And less access to education. You want to 'change black culture'? Give poor black people more opportunities to get educated and leave the ghettos that so many young black people get stuck in.

(I don't literally mean you btw, but you probs got that)

It's not just poor blacks that get robbed of educational opportunities. So many public schools are dog shit here. You either need to be in one of the more pricey and safer parts of Chicago or you need to live in the suburbs.

The people in the trailer parks deal with the same shit, but manage to not have the same murder rate.

Robtard
Of course social stigmas do nothing either I assume...

BTW, still would love to now what your "fix" for White attackers is, Surt?

Surtur
Disregard what surt just said. It's not about whites vs blacks vs mexicans vs muslims. Statistics show the highest rates of violence come from those in poverty and those without education. It just so happens that black people tend to be in more poverty and have less education.

Firefly, this is disingenuous of you bro. Straight up. You know as well as I do we had a variety of people in the left leaning media talking about whites specifically after these shootings in Las Vegas. It wasn't "people in poverty". It was white males.

You personally might believe otherwise, but that doesn't change what we get fed by our MSM.

Scribble
It's not just poor blacks that get robbed of educational opportunities. So many public schools are dog shit here. You either need to be in one of the more pricey and safer parts of Chicago or you need to live in the suburbs.

The people in the trailer parks deal with the same shit, but manage to not have the same murder rate. Well idk then. Like I say, I'm a Brit, I find it hard to judge a culture (I mean the US as a whole) based on statistics. Stats are useful and all, but without context, they mean next to nothing, so I don't really know what to take away from it other than just shaking my head and thinking "y'all Americans are crazy and need to sort your shit out"

Surtur
Well idk then. Like I say, I'm a Brit, I find it hard to judge a culture (I mean the US as a whole) based on statistics. Stats are useful and all, but without context, they mean next to nothing, so I don't really know what to take away from it other than just shaking my head and thinking "y'all Americans are crazy and need to sort your shit out"

Your schools are probably different/better. We're doing really bad here.

Hell I PAID for my schooling lol. Okay me mum and dad did, but they paid cash money. My school was dog shit. My grammar school had NO GYM. We had a hall with a stage for putting on plays. We held gym there. The equipment we had was shit.

My high school? Dog shit in terms of facilities, etc. My friends in the suburbs, going to free public school? Awesome schools, at least some of them. My friend was walking around with an exotic bird in an after school class. We had...after school stuff about trains? Yeah..

Surtur
Of course social stigmas do nothing either I assume...

BTW, still would love to now what your "fix" for White attackers is, Surt?

What would your fix be, may I ask? Or do you even have one? My fix would be just enforce gun laws more. If we are lax in laws when it comes to mental illness change them.

Scribble
Your schools are probably different/better. We're doing really bad here.

Hell I PAID for my schooling lol. Okay me mum and dad did, but they paid cash money. My school was dog shit. My grammar school had NO GYM. We had a hall with a stage for putting on plays. We held gym there. The equipment we had was shit.

My high school? Dog shit in terms of facilities, etc. My friends in the suburbs, going to free public school? Awesome schools, at least some of them. My friend was walking around with an exotic bird in an after school class. We had...after school stuff about trains? Yeah.. Not really, my school was ****ing shit as well. I think the schooling system is overall better here but it's still pretty paltry. However, everyone (I think?) has access to it, so that's a plus.

So yeah, education, that's the key. I'm tellin' ya.

Surtur
Not really, my school was ****ing shit as well. I think the schooling system is overall better here but it's still pretty paltry. However, everyone (I think?) has access to it, so that's a plus.

So yeah, education, that's the key. I'm tellin' ya.

Not just education. We need more fathers in the household. Especially in the black communities. We know the stats on single mothers and how those kids are more likely to end up in jail, etc. And yep, unpleasant truth alert: it occurs far more in black communities. Not by a little bit,VASTLY more.

Scribble
Not just education. We need more fathers in the household. Especially in the black communities. We know the stats on single mothers and how those kids are more likely to end up in jail, etc. Education would help people have kids at an age when they don't want to suddenly abandon them, I guess. Sex ed, etc.

Parent ed. should be a thing.

Surtur
Education would help people have kids at an age when they don't want to suddenly abandon them, I guess. Sex ed, etc.

Parent ed. should be a thing.

It might, but a father in the home would make it more likely the kid gets said education(and stays with it) that tells him "don't bang a chick without a condom, especially if you're like 15".

We can't afford to wait for the next generation to come and start being fathers at home. We need it now.

Scribble
It might, but a father in the home would make it more likely the kid gets said education(and stays with it) that tells him "don't bang a chick without a condom, especially if you're like 15".

We can't afford to wait for the next generation to come and start being fathers at home. We need it now. Getting people into education is easier for a culture, society or government to do than making sure fathers don't run away. More practical.

Surtur
Getting people into education is easier for a culture, society or government to do than making sure fathers don't run away. More practical.

And they are more likely to drop out, etc. in a single parent household. So you see how both are needed?

Robtard
@surtur

The gun laws we have are enforced though, so how is that the "fix" for White attackers?

Surtur
@surtur

The gun laws we have are enforced though, so how is that the "fix" for White attackers?

Them being properly enforced would have prevented the guy in Texas from getting a gun legally.

So what are your solutions? I await you to just drop this huge knowledge bomb on me, give me the answer to curbing this.

Other than banning guns all together, of course.

EDIT: Well I'm heading out for the night, I'll have to read your solutions tomorrow.

Firefly218

We can't afford to wait for the next generation to come and start being fathers at home. We need it now. Lol I grew up with a single mother and career-wise am doing wonderfully. You don't need a traditional household to grow up right.

States with publicly funded sex-ed courses have significantly lower teen birth rates and have significantly lower abortion rates.

In school, ALL children should have access to education about safe sex practices. Not only the kids lucky enough to have responsible fathers.

Robtard
Them being properly enforced would have prevented the guy in Texas from getting a gun legally.

So what are your solutions? I await you to just drop this huge knowledge bomb on me, give me the answer to curbing this.

EDIT: Well I'm heading out for the night, I'll have to read your solutions tomorrow.

I thought that was a "clerical error" and not an issue with gun laws being enforced? Pretty sure that was your consensus in that thread.

Did I say I had one or didn't have one? I just noted that to certain people of a certain persuasion, generally, we have clear and evident "fixes" when it's a Muslim, Black or Mexican attacker, but it's a cone of silence spell when the attacker is White when it comes to solutions.

Surtur
Lol I grew up with a single mother and career-wise am doing wonderfully. You don't need a traditional household to grow up right.

States with publicly funded sex-ed courses have significantly lower teen birth rates and have significantly lower abortion rates.

In school, ALL children should have access to education about safe sex practices. Not only the kids lucky enough to have responsible fathers.

Ugh, one more before I go because this is my pet peeve. Your personal anecdote means nothing. Good god...lol, how is this something that needs to be said?

I know a minority who never experienced racism too.

Have a nice night.

Firefly218

EDIT: Well I'm heading out for the night, I'll have to read your solutions tomorrow. Current gun laws wouldn't prevent the Vegas shooter or the Pulse nightclub shooter or the Newtown shooter...

Surtur
Current gun laws wouldn't prevent the Vegas shooter or the Pulse nightclub shooter or the Newtown shooter...

Give me a list of new legislation that would, I'll read tomorrow, cya.

Firefly218
Ugh, one more before I go because this is my pet peeve. Your personal anecdote means nothing. Good god...lol, how is this something that needs to be said?

I know a minority who never experienced racism too.

Have a nice night. Good job ignoring the main point of that comment

Firefly218
Give me a list of new legislation that would, I'll read tomorrow, cya. No thnx, I'm not gonna do homework for you

Emperordmb

I wholeheartedly agree with you on this point even if I find myself unsettled by some of the other views you've expressed on this forum. Sex-ed is something the right is more retarded on.

Flyattractor
Sadly Guns SAVE more Lives then they Take in the US but the Fascist Leftist Media won't report that.

Robtard
Death toll is up to five now, as the terrorist now identified as Kevin Neal had murdered his wife the day before he went on his shooting/murder spree.

https://cbssanfran.files.wordpress.com/2017/11/kevin-neal.jpg

Kurk
Death toll is up to five now, as the terrorist now identified as Kevin Neal had murdered his wife the day before he went on his shooting/murder spree.

https://cbssanfran.files.wordpress.com/2017/11/kevin-neal.jpg What was his political motive as you call him a terrorist?

Robtard
My bad, I was being politically incorrect there. White shooter = "he's just crazy; too bad he ddin't get the help be needed". Cool?

Emperordmb
That's just subversive and dishonest. You can be not mentally ill and have evil motivations for murder without it being driven by a political agenda.

I mean shit is it a default assumption that if a black guy murders his wife then goes on a shooting spree that he's politically motivated? I haven't seen that assumption made.

Robtard
Are you asking me or Kurk?

Kurk
He's going after Robby's confirmation bias.

The man, from what info we know thus far, did not have a political motive for what he did which by definition means it's not terrorism.

Maybe he's just a looney toon who played too much GTA (I'm totally against blaming video games btw for violence) or maybe he's mentally disturbed. We don't know.

Surtur
No thnx, I'm not gonna do homework for you

So you want new gun laws intended to prevent these kinds of things, but do not have any specific ideas as what laws should be passed? Fair enough, and that's not an insult. After all, a person doesn't need to know how to fix something to be able to observe that it is broken.

Robtard
Originally posted by Kurk
He's going after Robby's confirmation bias.

The man, from what info we know thus far, did not have a political motive for what he did which by definition means it's not terrorism.

Maybe he's just a looney toon who played too much GTA (I'm totally against blaming video games btw for violence) or maybe he's mentally disturbed. We don't know.

Covered:

Emperordmb
Where in your examples does anyone accuse the Mexican or Black person of terrorism?

Robtard
Um, did you read the comments, "terrorism" doesn't appear anywhere, seems like you're trying to confuse two issues. But you tried, A for effort.

Surtur
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Where in your examples does anyone accuse the Mexican or Black person of terrorism?

My question is why we don't see this kind of whining about prayers after an Islamic terror attack.

We also saw comments from leftists(I don't think on this specific site) going "they were in a church and prayers sure as hell didn't help!". Why is it we did not hear leftists saying stuff like that after an attack on a mosque, for example?

Emperordmb
Um, did you read the comments, "terrorism" doesn't appear anywhere, seems like you're trying to confuse two issues. But you tried, A for effort.
I mean you seem to respond in a similar fashion when someone argues that a white mass murderer is not a terrorist.

Robtard
My question is why we don't see this kind of whining about prayers after an Islamic terror attack.

We also saw comments from leftists(I don't think on this specific site) going "they were in a church and prayers sure as hell didn't help!". Why is it we did not hear leftists saying stuff like that after an attack on a mosque, for example?

You're twisting the narrative again and being disingenuous. When there's an Islamic terrorist attack, people talk about changes and things get changed, it's not just "thoughts and prayers" most current is the travel ban and vetting Muslim Americans, or attempts there of.

And maybe if you've already forgotten, but after 9/11 a little something called "Homeland Security" was implemented. Might want to read up on that. It's more than just "thoughts and prayers", it's laws into action.

(Sorry to pwn you again so hard in the same day. But I felt it was necessary)

Surtur
You're twisting the narrative again and being disingenuous. When there's an Islamic terrorist attack, people talk about changes and things get changed, it's not just "thoughts and prayers" most current is the travel ban and vetting Muslim Americans, or attempts there of.

What major changes happened after the recent NYC attack?

That was over 15 years ago.

Lol, you haven't owned me a single time today.

Robtard
What major changes happened after Las Vegas? But the Muslim travel ban happened, at least in part. So you're clearly wrong and I am clearly correct.

And Homeland Security is still around today, which is the point.

(Yes I have, other's saw it and commented)

Surtur
What major changes happened after Las Vegas? But the Muslim travel ban happened, at least in part. So you're clearly wrong and I am clearly correct.

But...who said major changes happened after Vegas? And the Muslim ban is only partially happening, and even then leftists are screaming about it. There is not some massive change every single time we have an Islamic terror attack.

Okay, but it wouldn't negate the lack of "whats the point of prayers?!".

No, you really haven't. The only person who agreed with you was DDM, who I'm doubting had any idea of the context, just like I doubt he went and checked the dates of the posts.

But of course, DDM more or less called you mentally ill as well in another thread, didn't he? So..

Robtard
But there has been changes and policies made; which is the point and destroys your narrative.

It further negates the narrative you're trying to push here, actually.

(You're flipping out over this, lol)

Surtur
But there has been changes and policies made; which is the point and destroys your narrative.

It further negates the narrative you're trying to push here, actually.

I suppose if we've had zero changes in policy in the last decade or two to guns you'd have a point. I can't say for sure if that is true.

So we're back to this tactic? Neat.

Flyattractor
Did he ever STOP with that tactic?

Robbie uses a Very Very Old Playbook.

Flyattractor
Yep...Pretty much.

YHQjthkprPk

snowdragon
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Yep...Pretty much.

What do you think could be done if anything to curb these incidents?

I think large capacity magazines should be outlawed, would it stop the violence, no. Would it perhaps make it harder to do said shootings, perhaps.

I could be wrong.

Flyattractor
I think we should have Schools with Armed Security and remove all the rules and regulations that put hampers on the rights of the people to protect themselves.

All you want to do is REMOVE the Right of the U.S People to be able to PROTECT THEMSELVES and Others.

Your way would get MORE PEOPLE Killed.

snowdragon

All you want to do is REMOVE the Right of the U.S People to be able to PROTECT THEMSELVES and Others.

Your way would get MORE PEOPLE Killed.

So more guns fixes violence associated with guns, check.

Flyattractor
There are studied done to back that up.

Robtard
So more guns fixes violence associated with guns, check.

True, like what could possibly go wrong if everyone was going about with a full auto assault fire and 100round clips? It's well known that everyone who buys a gun is responsible and takes basic shooting/safety courses and they'd never accidentally hit an innocent bystander when taking down criminals. Might as well allow grenade launchers, nothing says "home and personal security" like that.

**** it, should try it as a social experiment

Steve Zodiac
So more guns fixes violence associated with guns, check. thumb up In Fly's addled mind! Yes!

snowdragon
There are studied done to back that up.

I believe you.

But if the issue is gun violence.

We use guns to prevent said violence,

which creates an obvious circle of violence that builds upon itself.

I don't know the answer eludes me but the problem is obviously looking right at us.

Flyattractor
If People knew that our Children in schools were protected by Trained "Professionals" that would stop such people from thinking they could easily walk in and hurt them.

That is a good way to look at it.

Rockydonovang
ban bump stocks, forbid guns being passed from family member to family member without a background check.

Also, mental health

Emperordmb
I'd actually support a bumpstock ban, though I'm not sure how effective it would be.

Rockydonovang

Except, we do. All the time.

snowdragon
Originally posted by Rockydonovang
ban bump stocks, forbid guns being passed from family member to family member without a background check.

Also, mental health

HOW in the F-K would banning guns paased within the family prevent more shootings?

I only ask that because it would be SUPER hard to enforce, how would you enforce that policy that is transacted without witness?

Rockydonovang
HOW in the F-K would banning guns paased within the family prevent more shootings?

I only ask that because it would be SUPER hard to enforce, how would you enforce that policy that is transacted without witness? Because it'll dissuade people from giving guns to their kids if they're told it's illegal.

I'm aware many people will just ignore the law, but there will also be people who respect the law and will follow it.

snowdragon
Because it'll dissuade people from giving guns to their kids if they're told it's illegal.

I'm aware many people will just ignore the law, but there will also be people who respect the law and will follow it.

Thats your solution to ending gun violence, banning guns from being passed down without a background check?>

Honestly thats some super naive mentality about the guns and how does that stop mass shootings?

Silent Master

Also, mental health

How many mass shootings were done by people using bump stocks, same question for inherited guns.

dadudemon

I only ask that because it would be SUPER hard to enforce, how would you enforce that policy that is transacted without witness?

Because it'll dissuade people from giving guns to their kids if they're told it's illegal.

It seems like making it more difficult for people who want to obey the law, to actually obey the law, is the perfect way to combat crimes committed by people who do not intend to obey the law?

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by Silent Master
How many mass shootings were done by people using bump stocks, same question for inherited guns.
Aimed at gun death in general. Not sure how it would effect mass shootings in general.

Silent Master
Aimed at gun death in general. Not sure how it would effect mass shootings in general.

Ok then.

In general, how many gun deaths are attributed to bump stocks and inherited guns?

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by dadudemon
It seems like making it more difficult for people who want to obey the law, to actually obey the law, is the perfect way to combat crimes committed by people who do not intend to obey the law? Why are you assuming that people who give guns to family members as they are legally allowed to don't intend to obey the law?

snowdragon

Fair enough

dadudemon
Why are you assuming that people who give guns to family members as they are legally allowed to don't intend to obey the law?

Just the opposite!

I assume the opposite with my question.

I'm asking why targeting the lawful with more difficult laws somehow addresses the unlawful?

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>