Who can endure the most torture?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FrothByte
After watching the Punisher, it made me wonder how the more mainstream superheroes would handle torture, both physical and psychological. I tried to limit the list to the top 3 mainstream heroes of each studio. Here are the superheroes:

Superman
Wonder Woman
Batman
Captain America
Tony Stark
Thor
Wolverine
Prof. X
Mystique

Stipulations: Everyone is stripped of all their powers. Their durability is reduced to that of a normal human being that fits their physique. They are each entrusted with a secret that, if it lands in the wrong hands, would cause the deaths and injuries of an entire city's population. The heroes have been captured by a terrorist organization and are being tortured to reveal this secret.

Round 1: Each hero is put under physical torture of ever increasing magnitude. I'll leave it up to you to imagine what kind of torture. Who breaks first, who breaks last?

Round 2: A group of civilians are brought in and are killed/tortured one by one in front of the hero until they give their secret up. Who breaks first, who breaks last?

Round 3: The hero's loved ones (which can include other heroes on the list) are killed/tortured one by one in front of the hero till they give their secret up. Who breaks first, who breaks last?

Josh_Alexander
Wolverine takes all rounds as #1.

Wolverine isn't the "sensitive" type of Superhero.

FrothByte
Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
Wolverine takes all rounds as #1.

Wolverine isn't the "sensitive" type of Superhero.

Even without his healing factor and adamantium? I do have him as one of my top picks but for different reasons.

Silent Master
Thor
Wolverine
Wonder Woman/Captain America
Batman
Tony Stark
Prof. X
Mystique
Superman

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by FrothByte
Even without his healing factor and adamantium? I do have him as one of my top picks but for different reasons.

Wolverine having Adamantium and Healing doesn't mean he is immune to pain...

Every time the Wolverine is hurt he feels the pain.

Even without his powers, Wolverine has proven that he can take almost any pain (maybe because he has take so much pain throughout his life that he already grown use to it ).

You stated that this secret could cost countless lives

Wolverine has already done something similar when he killed the love of his life in order to save thousands of lives (X Men 3)

Wolverine would definitely be able to secure the secret .

tkitna
Yeah Wolverine. He's no stranger to the pain.

FrothByte
If you were to pick one person from each studio who'd survive best, who'd you pick?

Josh_Alexander
If you were to pick one person from each studio who'd survive best, who'd you pick?

MCU: Captain America.
DC: Superman
Fox: Wolverine

Over all: Wolverine.

TheLordofMurder
Wolverine wins in every scenario...

Placidity
Interesting Batman not even mentioned.

I'd pick Wolverine or maybe Batman.

Silent Master
Why, what has DCEU Batman been through that makes you think he'd withstand torture?

Placidity
At this point I'd pick Baleman version.

Placidity
Originally posted by Placidity
At this point I'd pick Baleman version.

But even for Batfleck, he is more used to tolerating pain as a normal human (than most of the others). Even if no major feats of pain tolerance, it's safe to say he has had taken a few hits in his career. For example, he fights through being stabbed without much reaction (relatively, for a human). It's obvious to me its not the first time its happened.

However, I'd most likely pick Wolverine for reasons already stated. He has experience sustaining more pain than a human could (without dying/passing out). I say "most likely" because I always believed his healing factor nullifies pain a little - this is my opinion. An example I would use is the pain of giving birth. People say it's one of the most painful experiences, and that women can tolerate more pain then men. While it's probably true - when women give birth, a pain-killer hormone is released to reduce the pain to a tolerable level. Undoubtedly it is still very painful (*bane voice*), but there is a difference. Even so, I still think Wolverine's pain tolerance is ahead of anyone here.

And all that is for round 1 - I think there are reasons why he is worth considering for the other rounds.

BruceSkywalker
After watching the Punisher, it made me wonder how the more mainstream superheroes would handle torture, both physical and psychological. I tried to limit the list to the top 3 mainstream heroes of each studio. Here are the superheroes:

Superman
Wonder Woman
Batman
Captain America
Tony Stark
Thor
Wolverine
Prof. X
Mystique

Stipulations: Everyone is stripped of all their powers. Their durability is reduced to that of a normal human being that fits their physique. They are each entrusted with a secret that, if it lands in the wrong hands, would cause the deaths and injuries of an entire city's population. The heroes have been captured by a terrorist organization and are being tortured to reveal this secret.

Round 1: Each hero is put under physical torture of ever increasing magnitude. I'll leave it up to you to imagine what kind of torture. Who breaks first, who breaks last?

Round 2: A group of civilians are brought in and are killed/tortured one by one in front of the hero until they give their secret up. Who breaks first, who breaks last?

Round 3: The hero's loved ones (which can include other heroes on the list) are killed/tortured one by one in front of the hero till they give their secret up. Who breaks first, who breaks last?

all the dceu fanboys lol

Raptor22
So I watched Dr strange last night fir the first time since it was in theaters and I thought of this thread during that scene where strange traps dormomu and himself in that time loop where he was killed over and over.

He was killed in some pretty gruesome ways, around dozen times and was prepared to continue getting brutally killed over and over again for all eternity.

I was just wondering where u guys would place him amongst other mcu characters for round 1.

Placidity
Originally posted by Raptor22
So I watched Dr strange last night fir the first time since it was in theaters and I thought of this thread during that scene where strange traps dormomu and himself in that time loop where he was killed over and over.

He was killed in some pretty gruesome ways, around dozen times and was prepared to continue getting brutally killed over and over again for all eternity.

I was just wondering where u guys would place him amongst other mcu characters for round 1.

Not a bad point - but if I remember correctly, each kill was quite short? So maybe he wouldn't be familiar with long sustained pain.

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by Raptor22

Good point.

@Raptor22 :Originally posted by Placidity
Not a bad point - but if I remember correctly, each kill was quite short? So maybe he wouldn't be familiar with long sustained pain.

Dr. Strange died pretty quickly. Isn't like he endured a long pain.

However i would still place Strange high upon the list.

Wolverine still holds #1 spot!

Josh_Alexander
The only character which FrothByte forgot to place on the list and that would definetly place Wolverine on number 2 spot would be Deadpool.

Deadpool would definetly take #1 spot.

Pain is Deadpool's ***** laughing out loud

FrothByte
Do you guys think Wolverine can outlast Punisher in a torture?

Josh_Alexander
Do you guys think Wolverine can outlast Punisher in a torture?

Hmmmmmmm........

Nice question!

I think Punisher could endure the torture more. Remember that extreme prolongued pain can K.O someone.

In that aspect Punisher would endure more without fainting i think.

But isnt like any of them will speak.

Wolverine would still win round 3 though

He is more emotionally prepared than Punisher.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.