Which character has the best senses?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheVaultDweller
Thread title is self-explanatory.

Which comic character has the most impressive enhanced senses? Can draw from movies or comic-related tv shows.

I already know who I would probably pick, but I am curious to see what others have to say first.

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Thread title is self-explanatory.

Which comic character has the most impressive enhanced senses? Can draw from movies or comic-related tv shows.

I already know who I would probably pick, but I am curious to see what others have to say first.

Hmmmmm.

I would pick Spider Man. Definetly his Spider Senses allow him to prevent almost any attack.

Silent Master
Heimdall

TethAdamTheRock
Heimdall
Spiderman
Cyborg

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by Silent Master
Heimdall

Heimdall!!!!? That one is new to me....

Silent Master
The guy can see and hear people on other planets.

TethAdamTheRock
The guy can see and hear people on other planets. He heard thor on sakaar in TR

Josh_Alexander
The guy can see and hear people on other planets.

Yeah ik. But senses means all senses...

Hemidall is entirely reliable on sight! As seen when the Dark Elves' Mothership entered Asgard!

Hemidall didn't notice until the ship was practically surfing Asgardian waters.

I don't see Hemidall dodging an arrow/bullet blindfolded....

Spiderman for the win.

Silent Master
Hemidall heard Thor when he was on Sakaar and could trace where the multiple portals went.

The thread is about who has the better senses in general, not who has the better danger sense. as it stands Hemidall's sight and hearing are at least a trillion times better.

Josh_Alexander
Hemidall heard Thor when he was on Sakaar and could trace where the multiple portals went.

The thread is about who has the better senses in general, not who has the better danger sense. as it stands Hemidall's sight and hearing are at least a trillion times better.

Okay.

K-Dog

Josh_Alexander
When tracking someone is concerned: Heimidall #1

Who has the best senses over all: Spider Man.

Silent Master
No, Spider-Man has one better sense, whereas Hemidall has at least 2

2 > 1

Josh_Alexander
No, Spider-Man has one better sense, whereas Hemidall has at least 2

2 > 1

In a battle Spider Man senses are better than Hemidall's one!

Silent Master
The thread starters question was who has the best senses not whose senses are more effective in battle.

John Murdoch

Josh_Alexander
The thread starters question was who has the best senses not whose senses are more effective in battle.

Lol.

The OP asked who ahd the best senses. He didnt specify for what.

Am saying battlewise Spider Man senses are the best.

Silent Master
No, the OP asked who had the most impressive senses. Being able to hear and see people across the universe is much more impressive than having a slight danger sense.

TheVaultDweller
Silent Master is right. The question is most impressive senses overall, not purely in battle. What's more, if Heimdall's powers were purely based on sight, he would be unable to communicate like he does. He even says to Loki, in the first Thor film, after the latter used his trickery to sneak some Frost Giants into Asgard's vault, that he could "neither see nor hear" Loki. So, he uses both sight and hearing.

In Thor: Ragnarok, he was able to not only see and hear from Asgard, all the way to Sakaar, but tell Thor which wormhole he needed to go to in order to escape and reach Asgard in time. And this is despite Valkyrie saying that Asgard and Sakaar were "as far apart as any two known systems". So, it could very well have been hundreds, if not thousands, of light years between Thor and Heimdall.

And if we go into pure danger sense, then current DD > Spiderman. Stan Lee has said that Radar sense > Spider sense. And if we take the two current versions in the MCU, Daredevil has far greater mastery over his Radar sense than Spiderman has over his Spider sense. This might change after Infinity War but, as things stand, Peter is still a noob with his Spider sense, whereas Matt has used his Radar sense to detect enemies multiple floors away, locate hidden objects/rooms, dodge everything from human attacks, to arrows shot at him from behind, to automatic gunfire, and much more.

TheLordofMurder
Heimdall

Good answer....

thumb up

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by TethAdamTheRock
Cyborg

This is an interesting one, because while it is not conventional enhanced senses, it does allow him to do things others can't with theirs, like piggyback across networks to eavesdrop on people near technology.

In a similar vein, though I didn't really consider it when creating the thread, I suppose Iron Man also kind of counts. Because while Tony's own senses aren't amplified, the suit's systems grant him far greater awareness of his surroundings than he would have otherwise, considering his suit can scan for life signs, heat signatures, different materials or energy sources, tap into newsfeeds etc.

Dreampanther
John Proudstar (Thunderbird) from Gifted deserves a mention as well. His sense are so enhanced that he can track people for days and can hear the conversations of people in passing cars on a crowded street, as well as sense Sentinels behind a heavy steel door.

Not quite Heimdall, but comparable with DD.

Josh_Alexander
Silent Master is right. The question is most impressive senses overall, not purely in battle. What's more, if Heimdall's powers were purely based on sight, he would be unable to communicate like he does. He even says to Loki, in the first Thor film, after the latter used his trickery to sneak some Frost Giants into Asgard's vault, that he could "neither see nor hear" Loki. So, he uses both sight and hearing.

In Thor: Ragnarok, he was able to not only see and hear from Asgard, all the way to Sakaar, but tell Thor which wormhole he needed to go to in order to escape and reach Asgard in time. And this is despite Valkyrie saying that Asgard and Sakaar were "as far apart as any two known systems". So, it could very well have been hundreds, if not thousands, of light years between Thor and Heimdall.

And if we go into pure danger sense, then current DD > Spiderman. Stan Lee has said that Radar sense > Spider sense. And if we take the two current versions in the MCU, Daredevil has far greater mastery over his Radar sense than Spiderman has over his Spider sense. This might change after Infinity War but, as things stand, Peter is still a noob with his Spider sense, whereas Matt has used his Radar sense to detect enemies multiple floors away, locate hidden objects/rooms, dodge everything from human attacks, to arrows shot at him from behind, to automatic gunfire, and much more.

Okay whatever!

Who said I was talking about the MCU Spiderman? Tommy Maguirre's Spider Sense is >>>>Daredevil's!

KingD19
Originally posted by Dreampanther
John Proudstar (Thunderbird) from Gifted deserves a mention as well. His sense are so enhanced that he can track people for days and can hear the conversations of people in passing cars on a crowded street, as well as sense Sentinels behind a heavy steel door.

Not quite Heimdall, but comparable with DD.

His "tracking" is also unique because it seems to let him recreate everything that happened in the area to an astonishing amount of detail.

Also no, Maguire Spidey isn't better than Daredevil as it's still just a Spidey-Sense. He can sense danger coming. Daredevil can sense it, knows where it's coming from, and what's actually happening.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by KingD19
Also no, Maguire Spidey isn't better than Daredevil as it's still just a Spidey-Sense. He can sense danger coming. Daredevil can sense it, knows where it's coming from, and what's actually happening.

Yeah, Radar sense is more detailed than Spider sense. But then Spiderman compensates by having superior physical stats.

So, it's kind of a thing where Daredevil has more info to act on, but Spiderman's stats allow him to act more efficiently on the info he does have.

Darth Thor
Yeah, Radar sense is more detailed than Spider sense. But then Spiderman compensates by having superior physical stats.

So, it's kind of a thing where Daredevil has more info to act on, but Spiderman's stats allow him to act more efficiently on the info he does have.

I think Spider-Sense is actually superior. In the sense that it will warn Spidey of Dangers that can't be heard even with super hearing.

For example, A Vampire with no heartbeat (or just a Ghost) could sneak around without being heard at all for example. Or if Parker was about to drink poison, his Spider-Sense would likely tingle. But a Radar sense probably wouldn't pick up on that (I'm guessing).

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by Darth Thor
I think Spider-Sense is actually superior. In the sense that it will warn Spidey of Dangers that can't be heard even with super hearing.

For example, A Vampire with no heartbeat (or just a Ghost) could sneak around without being heard at all for example. Or if Parker was about to drink poison, his Spider-Sense would likely tingle. But a Radar sense probably wouldn't pick up on that (I'm guessing).

Radar sense works on more than just hearing though. It combines all 4 of his heightened senses. For poison, for example, Matt would most likely be able to smell something was off. His sense of smell is insane. In S1 of DD, for example, he was able to smell what Foggy had had for lunch... 2 days earlier. And even as a child, could smell that a man sitting several feet away had cancer. He can even detect electrical currents, somewhat like a shark can. Or he can detect blood by tasting the copper in the air, or feeling the heat coming from an open wound (all of which the MCU version in particular has done before). Daredevil's senses essentially give him 360 awareness over a considerable distance, because he does not depend on line of sight to create a picture of the world around him.

And, as mentioned previously, Radar sense is way more detailed. Spider sense might tell you there is something dangerous inside a building. Barring very specific circumstances, Radar sense can tell you what it is, how many there are, their individual positions etc. And, like I said, Stan Lee (the guy who played a big part in creating both characters) once said that the Radar sense is better. And there have actually been instances in the comics where Matt has been able to avoid things Peter couldn't.

Darth Thor

TheVaultDweller
Yeah, but at this point, Matt has had decades to gain mastery over his senses, and it has become second nature to him.

Plus, as we have seen, especially with Holland Spiderman, for example, having Spider sense and knowing how to appropriately react to it are two separate things.

deathslash
.....is this even a question? Daredevil can smell the cologne on a person from a block away. He can hear a girl getting beaten from half a city away. Hell, he can hear a half conscious old man whispering to him from from a different building wing while he's fighting ninjas. Having a danger sense is literally nothing in comparison to hearing,tasting, feeling, and smelling the danger before it even presents itself.

As far as senses go, Heimdall is number one, followed by Superman and then daredevil.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.