Worst film of the year (2017)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
The time has come where we discuss the worst movie we've seen as 2017 comes to a close. What's the one film that you've seen this year that sucked so badly, that you wish it would just end. If it's more than one film which movies did you dislike, and which one would you say was the absolute worst of the lot.

I'll start things off and say the Mummy

Utrigita
Of those I've seen this year, which haven't been as many as normal, I'll say that the weakest is probably Power Rangers and The Great Wall. I was not impressed in any way by either.

John Murdoch
That I've seen: The Great Wall

That I haven't seen, but I know would get the Twilight: Breaking Dawn Part 1 crime against humanity award: Fifty Shades Darker

Dr Will Hatch
The Mummy and The Snowman were both pretty awful. I'm having a tough time deciding which one sucked more.

John Murdoch
Originally posted by Utrigita
Of those I've seen this year, which haven't been as many as normal, I'll say that the weakest is probably Power Rangers and The Great Wall. I was not impressed in any way by either.

Ya I've been lacking in my movie-going experiences as well, so when I do watch a flick (especially in theaters), it's usually a surefire homerun:

- GotG Vol. 2
- Dunkirk
- Thor: Ragnarok

Those are the only 3 movies I've seen in theaters this year I think.

However, those I watched on home media (Logan, Beauty and the Beast, Split, King Arthur, Ghost in the Shell, The Boss Baby, Wonder Woman, Spider-Man: Homecoming, War Machine) have all been anywhere from incredible genre-defining (Logan) all the way to pretty good/decent enough (The Boss Baby, BatB 2017).

John Murdoch
Originally posted by Dr Will Hatch
The Mummy and The Snowman were both pretty awful. I'm having a tough time deciding which one sucked more.

With the pedigree that The Snowman had, it's a shame that I've heard nothing but bad things.

BruceSkywalker
justice league..

great wall

Impediment
The Mummy and Justice League.

thumb down

Raisen
Justice league
Happy death day

CPT Space Bomb
While I don't think JL is a Bad movie persay ( I gave it a 6/10), it is the worst movie I've seen this year. Granted I typically only watch movies that I assume are going to be good.

Dr Will Hatch
Originally posted by John Murdoch
With the pedigree that The Snowman had, it's a shame that I've heard nothing but bad things.

Yeah, I was very disappointed too. I haven't read the novel that it's based on, but apparently it's pretty good. When Martin Scorsese was originally attached to direct, it has to be. But then again, they butchered The Dark Tower as well, so nothing is sacred.

riv6672
Havent seen Snowman, but it was pretty obviously shitty, going by the trailers. Not one i ever plan on wasting 2 hours on.

Jigsaw (going by previoys installments) and Emoji Movie (going by the trailer) are two i'd peg as pretty bad.

TheVaultDweller
I also give The Great Wall my vote. That movie was hugely disappointing, and I didn't even have high expectations.

Actually, scratch that. There was another film I watched that was an even bigger stinker. The latest Transformers film. What a giant pile of shit.

Kazenji
The Mummy

spent too much time trying to set things up for the Dark universe and not focusing on making a good movie

Khazra Reborn
Underworld: Blood Wars
Power Rangees
Justice League

riv6672
^^^forgot about Underworld. Seen them all, since the spouse likes them.
Didnt like it, but, i barely liked the first and none since then.

Dreampanther
Originally posted by Kazenji
The Mummy

spent too much time trying to set things up for the Dark universe and not focusing on making a good movie

Pretty much this. It might not have been the worst film of the year, since I actively try and avoid films I think are going to suck, but it was definitely the one I thought was the most disappointing. It had so much potential and it was mishandled to a near-criminal extent, from the casting and the directing to the writing and the overall view and tone.

Bentley
My brother watched the Mummy and by his recalling, the movie is abysmal.

Kazenji
Guillermo del toro was offered the reins of the Dark Universe and turned it down

http://collider.com/guillermo-del-toro-dark-universe/

would've done better with him being a fan of all things monster's

riv6672
^^^thats a guiding hand that i think could work wonders with the project.

Zack M
Mummy and Snowman.

Insane Titan

Khazra Reborn
Originally posted by Kazenji
Guillermo del toro was offered the reins of the Dark Universe and turned it down

http://collider.com/guillermo-del-toro-dark-universe/

would've done better with him being a fan of all things monster's

I really like Del Toro, but also hate him, he could really excel with the Dark Universe and make it awesome, but He keeps wasting his time with these stupid romantic borefests.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
I really like Del Toro, but also hate him, he could really excel with the Dark Universe and make it awesome, but He keeps wasting his time with these stupid romantic borefests.

laughing out loud I agree that he can be a little hit or miss. Pacific Rim is surprisingly awesome. Crimson Peak was visually nice, but otherwise just sort of okay. I'm looking forward to seeing The Shape of Water, though.

He'd probably demand too much budget. That's apparently the reason Hellboy 3 is never going to happen.

Ridley_Prime

Utrigita
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Actually, scratch that. There was another film I watched that was an even bigger stinker. The latest Transformers film. What a giant pile of shit.

Now why do you have to go ahead and remind us that the movie even exist? I learned my lesson watching the last movie, with the ****ing dinosaur, and as far as I'm concerned that is where that movie franchise just ends thumb up

On a more serious note, how bad was it?

Zack M
Forgot about Transformers. At least it was better than the last one.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Zack M
Forgot about Transformers. At least it was better than the last one.

That i agree with

looking forward to the Bumblebee movie next year, Could potentially be better then what Bay has put out.

quanchi112

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by Utrigita
Now why do you have to go ahead and remind us that the movie even exist? I learned my lesson watching the last movie, with the ****ing dinosaur, and as far as I'm concerned that is where that movie franchise just ends thumb up

On a more serious note, how bad was it?

I thought it was really bad. Because it was just more of the same cliches, awkward one-liners that didn't really land, and extended sequences of giant robots just tumbling around while everything falls apart around them. I also found the young girl, who I think is supposed to be spunky yet endearing, to be extremely annoying. And Anthony Hopkins' character seemed to switch between crazy and sane from scene to scene. Thee movie also contradicts its own canon, established during these films, more than once.

The only upsides to the film were that it implies a certain character I despise is dead, and I thought the flashback Bumblebee stuff was interesting. And the Bumblebee clip is probably on youtube by now, so people can skip the film and just watch that.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.