Tarantino possibility for Star Trek film

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

quanchi112
https://screenrant.com/quentin-tarantino-star-trek-film-direct/

playa1258
Picking up a lot of steam. Paramount was waiting for the promotion of Discovery to end to avoid confusing people.

The hardcore Trekkies will no doubt go ape shit over this.

Firefly218
This is ****ing wonderful. I remember Tarantino discussed the possibility of doing a Trek film on a Nerdist podcast once

TheLordofMurder
Tarantino directing a Star Trek movie!??

Wow...interesting.

His movies are always character driven and features excellent dialog between the characters that typically culminates with a sequence that's significant to his story...

I would absolutely pay to see a Tarantino-Trek movie on the big screen...

smile

Firefly218
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
I would absolutely pay to see a Tarantino-Trek movie on the big screen...

smile As would I

BruceSkywalker
I'm down.. I love star trek

marwash22
Kirk and Spock dropping n-bombs on first contact aliens.

honestly, this sounds like a bad mix. i simply can't imagine Quentin being a good fit... and I'm a HUGE fan of his work.

Firefly218

marwash22
i don't want to see a non-Quentin Tarantino, Quentin Tarantino movie.

I don't want to see Wes Anderson adapt to anything when i watch a Wes Anderson movie, i want to watch Wes Anderson do his specific thing. Same applies to Quentin; he has a distinct style and what's the point of having Quentin Tarantino direct a movie if it's not his style... may as well just get literally ANYONE else if he's just going to "adapt".

I'm no Trekkie, but I know enough to know that Quentin's style and Star Trek do not mix.

quanchi112
I'm up for it. Some people can't think outside the box.

Firefly218
Originally posted by marwash22

I don't want to see Wes Anderson adapt to anything when i watch a Wes Anderson movie, i want to watch Wes Anderson do his specific thing. Same applies to Quentin; he has a distinct style and what's the point of having Quentin Tarantino direct a movie if it's not his style... may as well just get literally ANYONE else if he's just going to "adapt".

I'm no Trekkie, but I know enough to know that Quentin's style and Star Trek do not mix. Fair enough

playa1258
Will Tarantino make this R? Tarantino loves his violence.

Dreampanther
Can't wait.

http://shirtigo.co/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/klingonmfer.jpg

CPT Space Bomb

I'm no Trekkie, but I know enough to know that Quentin's style and Star Trek do not mix. I agree completely. I don't see this working out well.

Insane Titan
Anything will be better than the last shitty Trek movie.

ares834

I'm no Trekkie, but I know enough to know that Quentin's style and Star Trek do not mix.

thumb up

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Insane Titan
Anything will be better than the last shitty Trek movie.

thumb up

Surtur

This is true and false. His style 100% does not mix with Trek, the actual Trek. The tv shows. His style does fit in more with this Nu Trek stuff. Which is essentially Star Wars, but with Star Trek characters.

He'd have no place directing an episode of TNG, for example.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Surtur
This is true and false. His style 100% does not mix with Trek, the actual Trek. The tv shows. His style does fit in more with this Nu Trek stuff. Which is essentially Star Wars, but with Star Trek characters.

He'd have no place directing an episode of TNG, for example. This would be a Nu Trek film so I'm right. The old Trek shit never had an impressive following. NU Trek is what I loved not that old Trek.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Dreampanther
Can't wait.

http://shirtigo.co/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/klingonmfer.jpg

laughing out loud

I can't see Tarantino doing a continuation of the Abrams reboot films because it would bring with it too much baggage. But if he does a complete re-imagining I would be highly interested in seeing his take. I've always wanted Tarantino to do some science fiction. I had always hoped it would be something original and not connected to an already established franchise, but I guess we'll take what we can get.

Inhuman

thumb up

-Pr-
Tarantino has talked about Star Trek before. If he wrote AND directed his own Star Trek movie (which I honestly don't think he will), I could see it working. He's a man that's renowned for being able to take all sorts of genres and make his own enjoyable version of them.

I don't think we'll get anything like the Kelvin Timeline movies, though. I have a feeling Tarantino would either go campy 60s, or go hard sci fi. I'd like to see either of those, and I think what Tarantino would do was to go back to the Star Trek tradition of asking hard ethical/moral/philosophical questions.

Tarantino hasn't really done sci fi before, but given the last three movies, I really don't see Tarantino hurting the brand if the movie didn't resonate.

It's an experiment I'd really like to see.

Impediment
If Christoph Waltz is the captain of the ship, sign me up.

Inhuman
Originally posted by -Pr-
Tarantino has talked about Star Trek before. If he wrote AND directed his own Star Trek movie (which I honestly don't think he will), I could see it working. He's a man that's renowned for being able to take all sorts of genres and make his own enjoyable version of them.

I don't think we'll get anything like the Kelvin Timeline movies, though. I have a feeling Tarantino would either go campy 60s, or go hard sci fi. I'd like to see either of those, and I think what Tarantino would do was to go back to the Star Trek tradition of asking hard ethical/moral/philosophical questions.

Tarantino hasn't really done sci fi before, but given the last three movies, I really don't see Tarantino hurting the brand if the movie didn't resonate.

It's an experiment I'd really like to see.

I wouldn't mind Tarantino making a sci-fi movie in his unique style, but I would want that sci-fi movie be his own material he wrote from the ground up like he has been doing his whole career. Him being restricted to follow certain things from the Star Trek canon, like characters and lore doesn't seem like a good fit for Tarantino.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Inhuman
I wouldn't mind Tarantino making a sci-fi movie in his unique style, but I would want that sci-fi movie be his own material he wrote from the ground up like he has been doing his whole career. Him being restricted to follow certain things from the Star Trek canon, like characters and lore doesn't seem like a good fit for Tarantino.

I don't mean to sound glib, but Star Trek Discovery didn't really give a shit either, and they got enough butts in seats (though that's not my endorsement of the show).

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Impediment
If Christoph Waltz is the captain of the ship, sign me up.

good choice

Dr Will Hatch

He'd have no place directing an episode of TNG, for example.

He said that one of his favorite episodes was "Yesterday's Enterprise", a TNG episode. He also said that he disliked Star Trek Into Darkness.

Firefly218
I feel like Tarantino would choose someone out of the box to be a captain, like Julianne Moore or Robert De Niro

quanchi112
Originally posted by Dr Will Hatch
He said that one of his favorite episodes was "Yesterday's Enterprise", a TNG episode. He also said that he disliked Star Trek Into Darkness. Did that no good son of a ***** the masterpiece known as Into Darkness.

Firefly218
Originally posted by quanchi112
Did that no good son of a ***** the masterpiece known as Into Darkness. He didn't say the movie is bad, he said he didn't like that Benedict Cumberbatch was cast as Khan because it was incongruous with the original Khan.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Firefly218
He didn't say the movie is bad, he said he didn't like that Benedict Cumberbatch was cast as Khan because it was incongruous with the original Khan. BeneKhan is the Khan to end all Khans. The original Khan was pretty terrible tbh. People are insane.

Surtur
This would be a Nu Trek film so I'm right. The old Trek shit never had an impressive following. NU Trek is what I loved not that old Trek.

I can't see how you can say old Trek didn't have an impressive following. They also have far more of a dedicated fanbase than Nu Trek films lol. People like the Nu Trek because it's flashy. Lots of explosions and action.

Old Trek is different. These are established characters with loads of appearances for character building. We've seen Nu Kirk 3 times. 3 different adventures. Shatner Kirk had dozens of adventures to pull from and build character. Both Picard and Sisko also had 150+ episodes worth of character development.

I could tell you a lot about the main crew members from the Trek shows. All I can tell you about, for example, Nu Sulu is he is good with a sword and apparently is gay.

Robtard
Sounds questionable on paper no doubt, but I'm down as he's a good director. Let him have his shot, if he bungles it up, move on to the next director.

quanchi112
I can't see how you can say old Trek didn't have an impressive following. They also have far more of a dedicated fanbase than Nu Trek films lol. People like the Nu Trek because it's flashy. Lots of explosions and action.

Old Trek is different. These are established characters with loads of appearances for character building. We've seen Nu Kirk 3 times. 3 different adventures. Shatner Kirk had dozens of adventures to pull from and build character. Both Picard and Sisko also had 150+ episodes worth of character development.

I could tell you a lot about the main crew members from the Trek shows. All I can tell you about, for example, Nu Sulu is he is good with a sword and apparently is gay. If it was impressive as you thought it could hold a candle to Star Wars but since it can't they need to attract newer fans since the base never rivaled Lotr or Potter like draw outs either.

I don't need to see these guys for hundred plus hours to get a feel for them. Less is usually more. I don't need to see Freddy Krueger taking a shit and random scenes prior to the transformation.

**** old trek save Spock.

BruceSkywalker
if tarantino does actually write and direct a trek film , i can see him making a brand new trek film that has nothing to do with the kelvin timeline.. i could actually see it something like wrath of khan where they took an existing character from the tv show and expanded on it

playa1258
We could see a big screen adaption of Yesterday's Enterprise from TNG.

Darth Thor

jaden101
It would probably have Walton Goggins shooting space n1gg3rs in the face.

BruceSkywalker
f cu\ourse i am not in the writer's room but perhaps we could see a trek movie whose captain is not named kirk or picard

Firefly218
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
f cu\ourse i am not in the writer's room but perhaps we could see a trek movie whose captain is not named kirk or picard kircard

dadudemon
Kirk and Spock dropping n-bombs on first contact aliens.

honestly, this sounds like a bad mix. i simply can't imagine Quentin being a good fit... and I'm a HUGE fan of his work.

That was my first thought...how is QT going to wiggle in the n-word into the ultraclean Trek universe?

Firefly218
Originally posted by dadudemon
That was my first thought...how is QT going to wiggle in the n-word into the ultraclean Trek universe? I'm pretty sure the only times Tarantino uses the n-word are in the slavery movie and if spoken by black people

dadudemon
I'm pretty sure the only times Tarantino uses the n-word are in the slavery movie and if spoken by black people

Here's the complete documentation of every use of it in his films:

_5REfYPlGJk

I'm trying to find a film that doesn't have he n-word in it that he has made.

Looks like Dusk til Dawn, the Kill Bills, and Inglourious Basterds are the only films he made that did not have it.

Firefly218
Here's the complete documentation of every use of it in his films:

_5REfYPlGJk

I'm trying to find a film that doesn't have he n-word in it that he has made.

Looks like Dusk til Dawn, the Kill Bills, and Inglourious Basterds are the only films he made that did not have it. Definitely used the word a lot, but I've never seen it used unjustly. The white guys who say it are straight up villains, so they're supposed to be bad.

dadudemon
Definitely used the word a lot, but I've never seen it used unjustly. The white guys who say it are straight up villains, so they're supposed to be bad.

They are probably One Percenters. wink

BruceSkywalker
kircard

that'll work lol..

im so glad this'll be R rated

Surtur
If it was impressive as you thought it could hold a candle to Star Wars but since it can't they need to attract newer fans since the base never rivaled Lotr or Potter like draw outs either.

I don't need to see these guys for hundred plus hours to get a feel for them. Less is usually more. I don't need to see Freddy Krueger taking a shit and random scenes prior to the transformation.

**** old trek save Spock.

Original Trek, plus the other shows, was not Star Wars. Listen to the commentary from JJ Abrams for the 2009 Star Trek movie. Old Trek was a slower pace, they compare it to submarine warfare.

Their new movie was different. They flat out say it's Star Wars, because that is what they grew up on, and this movie is influenced by it. That moment in the beginning where Kirk shows up with a motorcycle to that huge space station? They say that was the Tatooine moment, when you see the two suns.

Surtur
That was my first thought...how is QT going to wiggle in the n-word into the ultraclean Trek universe?

I feel like he could maybe make an entertaining film using Trek characters, but I don't think he could actually get Trek right.

IMO the tv shows are above the movies, they reign supreme. Kirk was a whiny b*tch in Star Trek Beyond.

I feel like this needs to be shown. This is what Trek has given us. Kirk being mind controlled to act like he is riding a horse. Trek Shows>>>>Nu Trek

UhQA-06kSLU

And Spock is tap dancing, because why not.

Darth Thor
Oh it actually will be R rated:

http://deadline.com/2017/12/quentin-tarantino-star-trek-r-rating-mark-l-smith-the-revenant-drew-pearce-lindsay-beer-jj-abrams-1202222161/amp/

quanchi112
Original Trek, plus the other shows, was not Star Wars. Listen to the commentary from JJ Abrams for the 2009 Star Trek movie. Old Trek was a slower pace, they compare it to submarine warfare.

Their new movie was different. They flat out say it's Star Wars, because that is what they grew up on, and this movie is influenced by it. That moment in the beginning where Kirk shows up with a motorcycle to that huge space station? They say that was the Tatooine moment, when you see the two suns. No shit hence why I loved it. I don't care for old trek and since Abrams made it less pro Trek. Another reason why the third trek film was far worse than Abrams gems.

Firefly218

Kazenji
^ pretty much that

-Pr-
So, Patrick Stewart said he'd be up for coming back if Tarantino does get this made.

Dammit... I thought I'd never see Picard again, and now this comes along.

Robtard
The return of the Picard to the big screen would be a monumental moment. Every Trek fan rejoice

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Robtard
The return of the Picard to the big screen would be a monumental moment. Every Trek fan rejoice

Imagine Picard meets Kirk... Except in a good movie this time!

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Robtard

if Picard returns i'd be one happy Trek fan

playa1258
Yeah I would lose my shit if Picard returns.

Simong

Kazenji
To be written by The Revenant Movie's Mark L. Smith

http://www.superherohype.com/news/409677-quentin-tarantinos-star-trek-film-nabs-the-revenants-mark-l-smith#/slide/1

Darth Thor
https://www.cbr.com/report-star-trek-4-loses-pine-hemsworth/amp/

Couldnt find a Star Trek 4 thread. But apparently Chris Pine and Hemsworth are both out. Paramount claiming this franchise isnt Marvel or Star Wars, so cant afford them.

Lol Star Trek Beyond really screwed things up.

Surtur
Originally posted by Darth Thor
https://www.cbr.com/report-star-trek-4-loses-pine-hemsworth/amp/

Couldnt find a Star Trek 4 thread. But apparently Chris Pine and Hemsworth are both out. Paramount claiming this franchise isnt Marvel or Star Wars, so cant afford them.

Lol Star Trek Beyond really screwed things up.

Perhaps it's a blessing in disguise.

playa1258
If they can't get Pine or Hemsworth locked down I say end the Kelvin timeline and focus on the Tarantino film. When the Tarantino film is done start another set a films set hundreds of years in the future.

Paramount has been making mistakes with the Kelvin films since STID so I don't blame the actors for playing hardball.

The cheapness of Paramount just shows how much trouble they are in as studio.

quanchi112

Surtur

quanchi112

Surtur
I agree it's a shame. But apparently they have like 4 Star Trek shows planned for the CBS access thing.

Flyattractor
I dunno. Seems like Paramount is trying to Whore Out Star Trek much like Disney is putting Star Wars on poorly light Street Corners.

Surtur
Still though it makes me wonder which side was being unreasonable. Were Pine and Hemsworth both asking for more than could be realistically afforded? Would the film itself have to have been compromised in order to meet their needs?(Such as taking money away from other things to meet their pay) Or were the studios refusing to pay them a reasonable fee that could be afforded?

Is this a case of "oh they were offered 10 million, but want 15"? Cuz that is kinda lame. Reminds me of Bruce Willis not doing one of the expendables movie. He was offered 3 million for 4 days work. Said no he wanted a million bucks a day. Christ almighty.

I hope this isn't some shit like that. Cuz while Trek wasn't Pines first role...I feel it's what made him truly a star. He probably wouldn't have been in Wonder Woman without Trek. Nor Hell or High Water.

Darth Thor
Well when you count the home entertainment sales those first 2 Abram films were really profitable.

Its just because Beyond flopped Paramount are claiming the Franchise isnt strong enough to afford them.

I blame the critics. They gave that trash such a high score that Paramount arent even considering that they might have just made a poor film (poor in terms of entertainment at least).

Surtur
I don't know what they were thinking with "Beyond". Nobody wants to see a whiny and depressed Kirk.

Surtur
Would anyone here watch a Trek without Kirk? Or with another actor playing Kirk?

BruceSkywalker
BRING BACK WILLIAM SHATNER

HAHAHA

Darth Thor
Would anyone here watch a Trek without Kirk? Or with another actor playing Kirk?

Id rather them not use Kirk then recast him. Pine really helped launch this rebooted franchise IMO.

playa1258
If they can't get Pine back just go with another film ahead in the timeline.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by playa1258
If they can't get Pine back just go with another film ahead in the timeline.

nah they'll prolly just recast

quanchi112
Go with Picard in the future.

Surtur

Why bring up Picard I thought u hate trek tv shows

quanchi112
Why bring up Picard I thought u hate trek tv shows If they made the older cast great the same can be applied with Picard, dummy.

playa1258
Picard's new series will be 20 years after Nemesis. Don't think we will get a Kelvin Picard

quanchi112
Kelvin is all that matters unless someone else does something else for me.

BruceSkywalker

he returns for the cbs all access shows...

Darth Thor
^ Spock is also coming to Tv in Discovery next year. The movie timeline is different so Should not matter what they are doing on Tv in the Prime timeline.

Surtur
If they made the older cast great the same can be applied with Picard, dummy.

So you meant that you would want Picard recast as someone young? Like a TNG reboot too?

quanchi112

Darth Thor
Imagine Abrams and Co doing The Borg! TNG has great potential in the Kelvin timeline.

BruceSkywalker
^ Spock is also coming to Tv in Discovery next year. The movie timeline is different so Should not matter what they are doing on Tv in the Prime timeline.

but i don't want a kelvin picard lol.. besides i won;t be at all surprised if those plans get scrapped if pine and hemsworth don;t return

Surtur
Keep the Kelvin timeline the f*ck away from Picard.

playa1258
Kelvin Picard won't happen with Stewart already coming back.

I say go into the future and do different stories. Have the Federation explore the local group of galaxies or something.

Darth Thor
Kelvin Picard won't happen with Stewart already coming back.

I say go into the future and do different stories. Have the Federation explore the local group of galaxies or something.

The whole exploration thing has never done well on the big screen.

Films do well when picking up on some great plot/villain from the series like Klingons/Khan/The Borg.

playa1258
An exploration angle can be used to tangle with the Borg.

The Borg being the best villains in all of Trek.

quanchi112
An exploration angle can be used to tangle with the Borg.

The Borg being the best villains in all of Trek. No, the best villain in all of Trek is Kelvin Khan. Imagine what they could do with the Borg and maybe this time do a Borg King not the queen to differentiate from the shit bag prime timeline.

BackFire
I've enjoyed all the new Star Trek films, hope they can work out the details and make another one before the Tarantino one.

Surtur
Jean-Luc Picard would slap Chris Pine in the god damn face.

Surtur
https://i.imgur.com/QczG6iz.gif

Awww, someone just told him he can't commit genocide.

Darth Thor
No, the best villain in all of Trek is Kelvin Khan.

Nah the original Khan was >>> Kelvin Khan.

Not even a contest.

Surtur
"To win a war I need to clone this superhuman guy, cuz reasons, 'dem Klingons!"-Said nobody ever who wasn't retarded

playa1258
Khan would find out why resistance is futile.

quanchi112

Not even a contest. Nah, your opinion is already shit so back up fake chest all you want. Kelvin Khan would destroy him in a fight. wink

quanchi112
Khan would find out why resistance is futile. Khan is superior to the Borg.

playa1258
Based on what?

-Pr-

Not even a contest.

thumb up

quanchi112
Based on what? What he accomplishes in the Kelvin film.

playa1258
Which pale in compared to the Borg.

Darth Thor
^ Understatement of the year.

playa1258
Of the century.

quanchi112

Darth Thor
Lol what a lame feat to compare to The Borg.

Next: Kelvin Khan >>> Q.

Robtard

Not even a contest.

http://media.comicbook.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/khan-320x240.jpg

Surtur

quanchi112

quanchi112
Lol. The leader of the federation is just bad at making decisions.

Then again this is a Starfleet that operates via rule of insanity. Oh this guy is insubordinate? Gonna put him in an escape pod and eject him onto an ice planet 20 miles away from a federation outpost. This is done by the person considered to be "logical".

The way Kirk ends up as Captain is equally puzzling. I'm honestly shocked Starfleet lasted this long. So was she. Khan is superior and too ruthless to lose against someone of her caliber.

Star fleet has excellent leadership especially comparing to Trump the guy you voted for. Do you want tweeting from starfleet command? laughing out loud

Surtur
So was she. Khan is superior and too ruthless to lose against someone of her caliber.

Star fleet has excellent leadership especially comparing to Trump the guy you voted for. Do you want tweeting from starfleet command? laughing out loud

I'd rather have Starfleet command tweeting than resurrecting genocidal superhumans, but hey...you do you.

quanchi112
I'd rather have Starfleet command tweeting than resurrecting genocidal superhumans, but hey...you do you. you prefer dummies calling the shots as opposed to superior intellect.

Surtur
you prefer dummies calling the shots as opposed to superior intellect.

Yes I do prefer a dummy as opposed to a genocidal superhuman. You got me.

quanchi112
Yes I do prefer a dummy as opposed to a genocidal superhuman. You got me. So you prefer a moron to someone who is super intelligent. Idiot.

Darth Thor
So you prefer a moron to someone who is super intelligent. Idiot.

But you talk and act like said Moron.

You might as well be his biggest fan.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.