Beat my Mimic using your Mimic

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

zopzop
We'll be using Exiles Mimic. To those of you unfamiliar with him, he can mimic any superhuman's abilities but at only 50% effectiveness/power. He can have up to 5 superhumans copied at a time MAX.

My Mimic's copying the following superhumans :
Magneto
Prof X
Cannonball
Blink
Colossus

He can overcome or initiate BFR (thanks to Blink), he has protection from or he can initiate mental attacks (thanks to Prof X), he has respectable physical stats (thanks to Colossus) backed up by shielding and other exotic abilities, like flight and blasting (thanks to Magneto and Cannonball).

riv6672
I matched you, roughly, power set for power set, using DC since you used Marvel.
Was fun! thumb up

Magneto - Cosmic Boy
Prof X - Manchester Black
Cannonball - Bouncing Boy
Blink - Ambush Bug
Colossus - Citizen Steel

Silent Master
Using mutants
Iceman
Multiple Man
Quicksilver
Legion
Franklin Richards

RealityWarper
Pulse
Iron Man
Batman
Moon Knight
Lady Shiva

riv6672
Pulse - Leech
Iron Man - Madison Jeffries
Batman - Midnighter
Moon Knight - The Shadow
Lady Shiva - Judo Master

Iceman - Elijah Snow
Multiple Man - Duplicate Damsel
Quicksilver - Jenny Quick
Legion - Jim Jaspers
Franklin Richards - Jenny Quantum

krisblaze
My mimic

Northstar - Superspeed
Leech - Power nullification
Invisible Woman - Invisibility + telepathic resistance
Bishop - Absorbs energy + telepathy
Maverick - Absorbs kinetic energy

riv6672
Didnt know Sue Storm had TP resistance.
Same with Bishop having TP.

Northstar - Aurora
Leech - Scramber
Invisible Woman - Martian Manhunter
Bishop - Kole
Maverick - Sebastian Shaw

Steve Zodiac
Magneto
Prof X
Cannonball
Blink
Colossus

Mine
Proteus (reality warping)
Northstar (super speed and flight)
Prof X (telepathy)
Rogue after permanently absorbing Wonderman's power (The whole enchilada)
Magneto (shields and shit)

krisblaze
What is the purpose of this thread if you add MJJ, Jenny Quantum, Legion and Proteus?

Steve Zodiac
Originally posted by krisblaze
What is the purpose of this thread if you add MJJ, Jenny Quantum, Legion and Proteus? embarrasment I don't know, I did think that myself but didn't want to ask it.

8swords
Spiderman - SS,agility,speed
Fantomex - trickery
Sebastian Shaw

this 3 would do it for me..

side note.. just curious about mimics powers, he has 50% effectives of the power, does that change depending on the number of powers he's mimicing? or is it just flat 50%.

riv6672
Originally posted by Steve Zodiac
embarrasment I don't know, I did think that myself but didn't want to ask it.
Basically an arms race.

If you care to look at the bullds, i started by matching the initial mimic, trying to keep the power sets in the same ballpark.

My using jenny Quantum/Jim Jaspers was in response to Silent Master throwing in Legion/Franklin Richards, 2 characters WAY higher on the power scale than what was started with.

From there its just a matter of time till we hit abstracts.

carver9
I don't know the Cap he have for this...

North star - half speed of light, light blast, flight
Kitty Pride - untouchable, phase through you
Storm - control the weather
Psylock - close range combat, psi blades, tp
Proteus - reality warping

DarkSaint85
How does Mimic's power work?

So with Kitty's powers...does he only have his top half phased at a time?

Adam Grimes
How do you half warp reality?

DarkSaint85
With50% effectiveness, I'd really hate to have Blink's powers.

Will this teleport work? 50/50 chance of ending with my head fused into a building.....lol

zopzop
Originally posted by riv6672

If you care to look at the bullds, i started by matching the initial mimic, trying to keep the power sets in the same ballpark.

thumb up
I should have said no "Godlike" superhumans and I should have limited it to Marvel. Having said that, I could have just started with :
Mad Jim Jaspers
Jamie Braddock
Franklin Richards
Marquis of Death
HoM Wanda
And ended my own thread before it began.

PS Proteus is fine. He has exploitable weaknesses.

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
How does Mimic's power work?

So with Kitty's powers...does he only have his top half phased at a time?
The way they explained it in comics is, he has that person's powers but at only half strength. For example : Colossus could lift 100 tons, Mimic Colossus could only lift 50 tons. Northstar could fly at light speed, Mimic Northstar could only fly at 1/2 light speed. Mimic Wolverine's healing factor was only half as fast/effective as Wolverine's healing factor. These are actual examples from the comic. I always assumed for more exotic powers like phasing or reality warping the scope and upper limit of the power would be halved. For example, Kitty's phasing powers. Kitty could phase herself and up to 1 ton of mass. I assumed Mimic Kitty could phase himself and 1000lbs of mass.

DarkSaint85
I prefer my interpretation.

I'll just punch you in the dick.

darthgoober
Sage
Exodus
White Queen
Psylock
Rachel Grey

Mimic can "stack" powers for increased effectiveness as he's demonstrated by stacking healing factors. This means that my mimic would have a significant advantage as far as psychic "raw power". Also, as far as I know Mimic doesn't actually gain any skill as far as utilizing his powers so your guy would only be able to use all his powers at their most basic levels. On the other hand my guy still has some off Sage's innate skill at figuring out just how powers work best. More raw power+greater skill using my psi powers means I that I just strait up overwhelm your defenses and shut your mind down easy peasy.

krisblaze
He also already has some experience with telepathy.

darthgoober
He also already has some experience with telepathy.
Yeah but my guy's mimic too, I have the same experience plus what I get from Sage so I'm still ahead in skill.

krisblaze
Originally posted by darthgoober
Yeah but my guy's mimic too, I have the same experience plus what I get from Sage so I'm still ahead in skill.

That was the point.

darthgoober
That was the point.
Oh ok, I thought you were pointing out that his guy would be able use more than basic telepathy so I wouldn't have an advantage.

darthgoober
You know when you get right down to it, making Sage a permanent part of his powerset would have been the smartest move Mimic could have done. It would have made him a truckload more effective.

krisblaze
Yeah, telepathic immunity + supersmarts.

But that immunity is mainly because she chose to play it that way. Iirc she was just a standard telepath, so there's a possibility that he would just get run of the mill telepathy.

darthgoober
Yeah, telepathic immunity + supersmarts.

But that immunity is mainly because she chose to play it that way. Iirc she was just a standard telepath, so there's a possibility that he would just get run of the mill telepathy.
Oh I didn't mean for the telepathy so much as for the added control of other powers. One reoccurring theme among most mutants is that they don't actually use their powers to their full potential so with Sage he could prob do most of what the other mutants can do at full power even though he only had them at half strength.

zopzop
Originally posted by darthgoober
Sage
Exodus
White Queen
Psylock
Rachel Grey

Mimic can "stack" powers for increased effectiveness as he's demonstrated by stacking healing factors. This means that my mimic would have a significant advantage as far as psychic "raw power". Also, as far as I know Mimic doesn't actually gain any skill as far as utilizing his powers so your guy would only be able to use all his powers at their most basic levels. On the other hand my guy still has some off Sage's innate skill at figuring out just how powers work best. More raw power+greater skill using my psi powers means I that I just strait up overwhelm your defenses and shut your mind down easy peasy.
Yup. I remember this when he stacked Deadpool and Wolverine's HF. But I still think my guy wins. He can hold out for a split second or more then crush you using Magneto's power or tp a few tons of sand in your stomach using Blink's power.

carver9
He had half of their powers. Example, he had Colossus strength and ability to turn to Steel. He had North star speed and ability of shooting light blast. He also had human torch full (50%) power as well. He had Wolverine healing abilities, senses, and Claws.

darthgoober
Originally posted by zopzop
Yup. I remember this when he stacked Deadpool and Wolverine's HF. But I still think my guy wins. He can hold out for a split second or more then crush you using Magneto's power or tp a few tons of sand in your stomach using Blink's power.
I just don't see it happening. My guy would be the most powerful non plot device level psi in the world with a brain that ran 1/2 as fast as Sage's. Mounting any kind of defense whatsoever would require your guy's absolute full attention. I see relatively few characters that could avoid a virtually instant mind shutdown against such an onslaught. Even if such a thing were possible, he'd be just as at risk against the combined 1/2 TK of Rachel Grey and Exodus.

carver9
Best Mimic scene ever...

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/10/108342/2105267-exiles15200nr.jpg
https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/10/108342/2105268-exiles15214ov.jpg

staxamillion
We'll be using Exiles Mimic. To those of you unfamiliar with him, he can mimic any superhuman's abilities but at only 50% effectiveness/power. He can have up to 5 superhumans copied at a time MAX.

Magneto
Prof X
Cannonball
Blink
Colossus

He can overcome or initiate BFR (thanks to Blink), he has protection from or he can initiate mental attacks (thanks to Prof X), he has respectable physical stats (thanks to Colossus) backed up by shielding and other exotic abilities, like flight and blasting (thanks to Magneto and Cannonball).

mr. sinister
leech
multiple man
magik
cable

One Big Mob
Where are you finding Hungarian scans carv?

zopzop
Originally posted by One Big Mob
Where are you finding Hungarian scans carv?
Apparently Comicvine. I saw that scan there.

DarkSaint85

Magneto
Prof X
Cannonball
Blink
Colossus

My Mimic:

Mimic
Magneto
Prof X
Cannonball
Blink

I have 50% of all those mutants, so just as powerful as you....BUT I have an additional 50% from stacking Mimic on.

So I can copy 75% of those mutants (original 50% plus 1/2 of 50%, i.e. 25%).

So I am better at TP than you, faster, and crucially, better at magnetism than you. So your Colossus powers would mean you're my pinball.

Parmaniac
My Mimic is

Mimic
Mimic
Mimic
Mimic
Mimic

Now I copy your powers to 125%

StiltmanFTW
Sounds like some very perverse game...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.