Old Kaioshin Unlocking Goku...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Galan007
In Episode 91, Old Kaioshin mentioned that he could still unlock Goku's latent power/potential:
https://i.imgur.com/5BSmlBO.jpg

...He just didn't have enough time to preform the ritual before the Tournament started.

But IF OldKai would've been able unlock Goku then and there, what level do you think it would have taken him to during the ToP?

Bentley
Vegeta level biscuits

bbrem123
Old Kai will unlock it one day ha. Strike 2 so far though.

I mean his ultimate potential is probably mastered UI? Which doesn't really make any sense because Gohan would be there now. The fact that Gohan is currently stronger than he was in the Buu saga shows that Old Kai did not really unlock his full potential.

Who knows though.

Galan007
Well yeah, but that's Gohan... "Limitless potential" has ALWAYS been his gimmick, lol.

I guess I'm just more curious if Goku would exclusively receive a boost in raw power, or if he'd come away from the ritual with complete mastery of UI..? mmm

cdtm
Doubt he can unlock UI, since UI is more of a learned skill.

Galan007
^ Whis postulated that when Goku resisted the energy of the Genki Dama, he "broke through the shell to the deeper potential within himself", and was able to access UI. ie. the Genki Dama was the trigger which allowed Goku to tap his latent potential/UI.

That's what makes me wonder if Old Kaioshin's unlock might have allowed him to attain UI as well..? mmm

Inedian
I think it would do the same what spirit bomb did.

carver9
Yep. Probably push him further than his UI self. I don't think Gohan pulled from all of that power the old man released.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.