Hercules Vs Gladiator

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TethAdamTheRock
No flight No Superspeed No Weapons

abhilegend
Gladiator

TethAdamTheRock

deathslash
Hercules.

leonidas
herc.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by deathslash
Hercules.

Dareangel
Hercules is the better fighter IMO. durability wise? i will give it to gladiator. strength... i think i will go with gladiator here but very slightly. overall? i still think hercules will win mostly thanks to his skills.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by TethAdamTheRock

thumb up

Prof. T.C McAbe
No flight and no superspeed? Herc 7/10.

JBL
Gladiator 10/10.

Damborgson
Hercules breaks his arms.

TethAdamTheRock
Originally posted by JBL
Gladiator 10/10. Why

tkitna
Herc for the majority

h1a8
Hercules is better at wrestling but by Gladiator being stronger then it makes Hercules wrestling skill irrelevant.
Gladiator wins

Dareangel
Originally posted by h1a8
Hercules is better at wrestling but by Gladiator being stronger then it makes Hercules wrestling skill irrelevant.
Gladiator wins

you are very wrong. the whole point of not only wrestling but overall ground fighting, is that you can defeat an opponent stronger than you. for example, you dont need to be stronger than your opponent, in order to lift him from behind and slam him head first into the ground. its not about strength but technique. just watch BJJ fights in the octagon, specially first UFC days with the gracies. now of course, big gaps in strength matter and make difference. however, in my personal opinion if there is a strength gap between hercules and gladiator its not a big one at all and specially not one that really matters. hercules with his wrestling skills was able to choke thor. if his skills + strength were enough to make it hard on thor, i dont see gladiator being different. hercules either can choke him out or just break his limbs via different wrestling techniques mixed with his street fighting moves and knowledge

abhilegend
That's why Brock Lesnar is so unsuccessful in UFC. Or Hulk in comics.

Oh wait.

Strength trumps skill 9/10 times in comics or real life.

Dareangel
Originally posted by abhilegend

Oh wait.

difference is, brock lesner is a wrestler(not refering to wwe, real wrestling) and actually training the same way as all the other fighters. and still, he got owned and left MMA. also, when brock "dominated" on the ground, it was because of his size and weight, not his strength. something gladiator doesnt have over hercules. so i dont really see your point to be honest. of course weight matters as well in wrestling but only in real life. if someone is heavier than me, lets say by 20 kg, it will be hard for me because of the body weight + his own wrestling resistance. however, in comic book strength, the weight of each opponent should be meaningless and it should all come down to skills and strength. i dont recall gladiator having any wrestling skills, and i dont think he is that stronger than hercules, if at all, to the point it should effect anything.

strength trumps skills? you never been in a fight thats for sure. thats why gym rats are comming to our gym sometimes and getting owned. stand up, wrestling, you name it. because obviously, lifting something heavy is really going to help you in a fight (sarcasm). but do you honestly believe that gladiator is so much stronger than hercules?

funniest thing is that when i saw this thread, i was thinking to myself - damn, its going to be basically a thor vs superman thread. superman fans will be saying gladiator and thor fans will be saying hercules. glad(sarcasm) to see i wasnt mistaken

abhilegend
Except Hercules has beaten no one worth mentioning by skills. He got upper hand on Thor one time and that's it.

Dareangel
Except Hercules has beaten no one worth mentioning by skills. He got upper hand on Thor one time and that's it.

and it says everything there is to say. his strength + skills is enough to choke thor physically. thats all we need to know. ever heard of it's not the quantity it's the quality?

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Dareangel
superman fans will be saying gladiator

Originally posted by JBL
Gladiator 10/10.

Dareangel
Originally posted by DarkSaint85

JBL is a big gladiator fan. he doesnt go into the formula Lol

ghostman

Oh wait.

lmao what in the ****......

i dont think you know anything about mma man laughing laughing

brock loses to more skilled fighters like cain, overeem and he lost to a washed up frank mir due to lack of skill... only reason he was champ was because how shallow the heavyweight division was at the time.... i agree with the comic thing though

Dareangel
Originally posted by ghostman
i agree with the comic thing though

yes but only when there is a big strength gap that doesnt allow skills to overcome. even when there is a gap, like the fight between savage hulk and colossus, look how well colossus used his skills to fight hulk off. or if we look at captain america vs lower superhuman strength opponents. now when we take gladiator and hercules, i dont believe that even if ther is a gap, that its one that overcomes skills. specially when we take into account how he went against thor physically.

abhilegend
You mean how he choked Jane Thor out?

Dareangel

No... i mean how he choked thor thor....

abhilegend
Jane just stalemated Hercules in arm wrestling.

Philosophía
Gladiator.

celeyhyga17
Hercules

JBL
I thought gladiator trained all his young life and even got trained by deathbird even further. Skill won't save Hercules and the strength difference is bigger than people think. Gladiator wins.

Rage.Of.Olympus

Are you arguing that Gladiator is stronger than Thor and Hercules?

He grabbed her and then they teleported out imo. Has anyone asked Aaron on his take? I'm curious what interpretation he intended.

panthergod
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus

You mean, what was directly shown?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by panthergod
You mean, what was directly shown?

You believe that the scene was a direct showing of strength inferiority?

panthergod
You believe that the scene was a direct showing of strength inferiority?

This has nothing to do with 'belief".

Rage.Of.Olympus
This has nothing to do with 'belief".

Lol what? Jelly, there's like 500 pages on ICT full of your posts that say otherwise.

You want to talk facts? Okay. Gladiator is not stronger than classic Thor. Fact.

Thor is the closest measuring stick between Gladiator and Hercules. Their strength would be so closely tied together any difference would not be noticeable. As a matter of fact, 616 Gladiator and Masterson Thor were direct equals in strength. Masterson Thor is not as strong as Thor.

I don't really care how Jane Thor fits into all this but I believe based on the available evidence that Jason Aaron would have her a match for Thor in most circumstances.

JBL
Actually, it was stated several times that masterson Thor had all of thors strength and power and in that fight, Gladiator told M. Thor that he was far superior to thor in strength. Look at the scene where gladiator lifts masterson.

Damborgson
I don't understand why that scene is being seen as a positive for Jane? It looked like she was actually losing momentum against Herc, so she had to shock him to get back to even. Thor and Hercules have never moved the other an inch in direct strength comparisons. It actually put Jane into a nice little grey zone below Thors strength.

krisblaze
Yeah wtf.

DarkSaint85
It's because Herc says she tested him far more than Odinson ever did, or words to that effect.

StiltmanFTW
He *COULD* have said that just to piss Odinson off, though.

Damborgson
Hercules has a history of talking shit against Thor

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/5/54353/2191547-hercules___lifting_manhattan.jpg

And since there's not only no evidence, but counter evidence, in that little arm wrestling match that Jane did better than Thor ever has, it can be safely taken as more shit talk against Thor.

panthergod
Lol what? Jelly, there's like 500 pages on ICT full of your posts that say otherwise.

..Is this supposed to mean something?

Because, really, you're an insect to me. Let's be real.

You're passing entertainment for me at this point. Nothing more.

Gladiator has dynamic strength, to a far greater degree than Thor can ever claim.

So.. No.

He directly overpowered Thor physically twice. Odinson when he oneshot Ko'd him with ease. and His exact equal by definition She-Thor, who by your own argument is Odinson's equal by definiton. With one hand at that. Cry about it.

Rage.Of.Olympus

leonidas
laughing out loud at the claims glads is stronger than thor. (looks around at all the scans supporting this claim, laughing out loud some more and exits.)

leonidas
It's because Herc says she tested him far more than Odinson ever did, or words to that effect.

if people didn't get the idea that herc was screwing with thor, they're morons. the irony in his statement couldn't come across more clearly. wtf happened to reading comprehension in this place?

Damborgson
Originally posted by leonidas
if people didn't get the idea that herc was screwing with thor, they're morons. the irony in his statement couldn't come across more clearly. wtf happened to reading comprehension in this place?

^^

Rage.Of.Olympus
..Is this supposed to mean something?

Because, really, you're an insect to me. Let's be real.

You're passing entertainment for me at this point. Nothing more.

Gladiator has dynamic strength, to a far greater degree than Thor can ever claim.

So.. No.

He directly overpowered Thor physically twice. Odinson when he oneshot Ko'd him with ease. and His exact equal by definition She-Thor, who by your own argument is Odinson's equal by definiton. With one hand at that. Cry about it.

You're an irrational clown that's already getting his nipples in a twist.

The only dynamic strength advantage Gladiator has over Thor is the downward spiral.

You're a clown. A Gladiator sent back in time specifically to kill Thor and temporarily knocked him out when he had a 60 second enchantment weakness, Gladiator took out Jake Olsen. With Mjolnir in hand, he beat Gladiator into a pulp and Gladiator admitted he was way too powerful. Gladiator was beaten to a pulp by Masterson, who was such an idiot he didn't even remember that Thor could summon down lightning. Lightning!

Gladiator being the weak little b*tch that he was needed help from his son before Jane Thor put his ass into a coma and he grabbed her for one panel. Under the same writer, he and his son got beaten to a pulp by the Destroyer far faster than Jane was, and was completely embarrassed by his Gods like the punk ass b*tch he was; Jane at least put up a fight. Gladiator and his empire were also completely swept away by the Phoenix while Jane actually put up some kind of fight with Mjolnir.

Gladiator has no strength advantage against Masterson. I highly doubt he has any strength advantage against Jane.

Thor Odinson would break both his arms and put him into a coma if it ever came down to an all out fight.

Philosophía

The only dynamic strength advantage Gladiator has over Thor is the downward spiral.

You're a clown. A Gladiator sent back in time specifically to kill Thor and temporarily knocked him out when he had a 60 second enchantment weakness, Gladiator took out Jake Olsen. With Mjolnir in hand, he beat Gladiator into a pulp and Gladiator admitted he was way too powerful. Gladiator was beaten to a pulp by Masterson, who was such an idiot he didn't even remember that Thor could summon down lightning. Lightning!

Gladiator being the weak little b*tch that he was needed help from his son before Jane Thor put his ass into a coma and he grabbed her for one panel. Under the same writer, he and his son got beaten to a pulp by the Destroyer far faster than Jane was, and was completely embarrassed by his Gods like the punk ass b*tch he was; Jane at least put up a fight. Gladiator and his empire were also completely swept away by the Phoenix while Jane actually put up some kind of fight.

Gladiator has no strength advantage against Masterson. I highly doubt he has any strength advantage against Jane.

Thor Odinson would break both his arms and put him into a coma if it ever came down to an all out fight.

I find it hilarious how panthergod is specifically talking about strength, but you respond with an incoherent ramble on how Jane/Thor was portrayed as more powerful in relation to the Destroyer/Phoenix, or how Thor beat him with Mjolnir and lightning.

Is this an act?

Your version of what everybody calls a Thorbag?

Or do you really lose yourself so much in your train of thought, that all that's left of your vocabulary are empty boasts and insults?

Rage.Of.Olympus

panthergod

..And the fact that he can overpower Thor with one hand, casually. On panel.

You're goofball excuses don't change the fact that a high confidence Gladiator easily overpowered Thor with ease.

A less confident Gladiator giving Thor props after a NON strength attack is meaningless. at a higher confidence level, Thor got physically stomped.

That's.. nice.

..Am I supposed to care about your emotional mewling?

Gladiator is directly shown to be stronger. Period. I don't care about your excuses and changes of the subject.

... No one cares about your fantasies, kid.

Gladiator is stronger than Odinson and She-Thor, Odinson's exact equal--excuse me. superior, as Mjolnir has made clear, *snicker*

on panel.

No one cares about your squirting tears that will never change those undeniable facts.

Rage.Of.Olympus
laughing out loud at the claims glads is stronger than thor. (looks around at all the scans supporting this claim, laughing out loud some more and exits.)

All the Superman fanboy nonsense aside, Gladiator MIGHT have an advantage over Hercules in strength but it would be so small it'd make no difference, and Hercules' superior skill would be a bigger advantage.

On top of that, I believe Hercules has an edge in damage soak and will power when it comes down to it. He's a bit of a joke but when he gets serious, Hercules is a beast.

Dareangel

And...

Philosophía
Smh.

Did you think Jellyrobes had an interest in having an open and honest discussion about how Thor/Gladiator compared in strength as indicated by his clearly non-biased response? No? Okay, contribute to the discussion or shut up. He said that Gladiator was portrayed as physically stronger than Jane within that comic.

The fact that you can't distinguish that, from the fact that Jane is overall more powerful, and then inadvertently shitpost entire paragraphs about Phoenix and the Destroyer that have nothing to do with what he initially said, is just insane.

You look like a caricature of a Thor fan every time you post, that's why I'm asking if you're serious. It's like performance art.

darthgoober
Tell me about it, Odinson certainly seemed to give Herc a bigger challenge than Jane here...

http://readcomiconline.to/Comic/Thor-1966/Issue-400?id=8103#50

The only other logical way to interpret Herc's statement other than ribbing Odinson would be if he were referencing the way Jane attempted to cheat.

Facee
That issue was insane.

Rage.Of.Olympus
And the fact that he can overpower Thor with one hand, casually. On panel.
You're goofball excuses don't change the fact that a high confidence Gladiator easily overpowered Thor with ease.
A less confident Gladiator giving Thor props after a NON strength attack is meaningless. at a higher confidence level, Thor got physically stomped.
That's.. nice.
..Am I supposed to care about your emotional mewling?
Gladiator is directly shown to be stronger. Period. I don't care about your excuses and changes of the subject....
No one cares about your fantasies, kid.
Gladiator is stronger than Odinson and She-Thor, Odinson's exact equal--excuse me. superior, as Mjolnir has made clear, *snicker* on panel.
No one cares about your squirting tears that will never change those undeniable facts.
He choked Jane Thor for one panel. This is not definitive evidence of anything. Especially since it was immediately after outside interference and the battle was not conclusive.

Gladiator's strength, at probably his most confident was matched by Masterson Thor who is inferior to Thor and was still a complete novice with serious confidence issues.

Hahaha, Gladiator was in his knees trembling and specifically said Thor was too powerful. What is all this confidence bullshit coming from? He knocked out Jake Olsen, Thor was fine as seen when he was transformed back. As a matter of fact, Thor went from being unconscious mid transformation into completely fine once completed. Gladiator didn't overpower shit.

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsGladiator08.jpg
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsGladiator09.jpg
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsGladiator10.jpg
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsGladiator11.jpg

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by darthgoober
Tell me about it, Odinson certainly seemed to give Herc a bigger challenge than Jane here...

http://readcomiconline.to/Comic/Thor-1966/Issue-400?id=8103#50

The only other logical way to interpret Herc's statement other than ribbing Odinson would be if he were referencing the way Jane attempted to cheat.

Haha, I love that comic.

Rage.Of.Olympus

Philosophía
He then proceeded to claim Gladiator > Thor and proceeded to list every example he could think of that would rile me up instead of referring to the closest example we have of a strength contest between the two. He had no interest in a genuine conversation: "He directly overpowered Thor physically twice. Odinson when he oneshot Ko'd him with ease. and His exact equal by definition She-Thor, who by your own argument is Odinson's equal by definiton. With one hand at that. Cry about it."

Again, you're an idiot. Go sit in the corner and shut up or contribute to the conversation.

So he gave multiple examples of what he saw as Gladiator displaying superior strength, and you started talking about random shit like the Phoenix, and this proves that somebody else is the idiot that can't keep a coherent though, other than you?

You're sure showing him.

Keep up the work, ragey.

Rage.Of.Olympus

zopzop
Strictly H2H? Gladiator wins after a good fight. All powers in play? RIP Hercules.

abhilegend

He grabbed her and then they teleported out imo. Has anyone asked Aaron on his take? I'm curious what interpretation he intended.

She was struggling to break free and then was koed. You think that was due to teleportation?

abhilegend
He choked Jane Thor for one panel. This is not definitive evidence of anything. Especially since it was immediately after outside interference and the battle was not conclusive.

Considering Jane suckerpunched him with lightning and she was shown struggling to break his grip, yes it is.

https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-w3bsNtte1P4/WPjPulD6fuI/AAAAAAADZPc/u67HJsZYI-A4yJyItbPXHMhLJPKmw_AQQCLcB/s1600/069_013.jpg
https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-C3fuElGhlJc/WPjPvIDVIUI/AAAAAAADZPg/TcaymkU9ANQDilg7KSDleRCsPS3CXkwjgCLcB/s1600/069_014.jpg
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-EQTvwBPetp4/WPjPvMzXw2I/AAAAAAADZPk/sdQwwLl6Vfkb-lFLpz1l3vUOmCt1LwJIwCLcB/s1600/069_015.jpg
https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-xyvsx6Mksts/WPjPv9IFpvI/AAAAAAADZPo/ikHya_sUCHYZZt5qyQ2xYTdLrG--8_voACLcB/s1600/069_016.jpg
https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-pcivqpDXX1A/WPjPwNJu1_I/AAAAAAADZPs/e_dzjZj3D2wgqIVfNVHF4QtEUUUx7H-OwCLcB/s1600/069_017.jpg
https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-JsVUj13BCdg/WPjPwVnQ1NI/AAAAAAADZPw/UhGmuw9ymB84tPiZGSx6KNWws24HieTwACLcB/s1600/069_018.jpg

Masterson wasn't inferior to Thor though.

Funny, since Thor was shown KOED in Thor 35.

abhilegend
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-MWklhbsA1h4/VntVW_CnT6I/AAAAAAAAh-0/TjXm9CoRaig/s1600-Ic42/RCO005.jpg

Thor looks pretty koed there.

h1a8
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-MWklhbsA1h4/VntVW_CnT6I/AAAAAAAAh-0/TjXm9CoRaig/s1600-Ic42/RCO005.jpg

thumb up

This scan singlehandedly proves that Gladiator was physically stronger than Thor. His fists >Mjolnir hits >>>Thor's fists.

panthergod

Gladiator's strength, at probably his most confident was matched by Masterson Thor who is inferior to Thor and was still a complete novice with serious confidence issues.

Hahaha, Gladiator was in his knees trembling and specifically said Thor was too powerful. What is all this confidence bullshit coming from? He knocked out Jake Olsen, Thor was fine as seen when he was transformed back. As a matter of fact, Thor went from being unconscious mid transformation into completely fine once completed. Gladiator didn't overpower shit.

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsGladiator08.jpg
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsGladiator09.jpg
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsGladiator10.jpg
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsGladiator11.jpg

He directly physically overpowered--one-shotted-- Odinson with ease, left him utterly incapactated for 6 times longer than a ten count-- a literal KO by definition.

Your deliberate lies-- that Gladiator KO'd Jake Olson, who was NOT who Gladiator punched out with one hit-- are useless against me, kid.

I dont care about what a psychologically compromised Gladiator said-- its irrelevant, as you full well know.

Gladiator physically stomped Thor with ease.

Then did it AGAIN. with one hand.

Period.

No amount of subject changing like a coward will alter one iota of those facts.

Keep mewling, son.

krisblaze
How is that fight relevant for this fight?

JBL
Thor vs Classic Wonderman... Hercules vs Classic Wonderman.... Gladiator vs Classic Wonderman.. Could someone post the scan of the gladiator masterson fight where gladiator lifts masterson and slams him to the ground.

TethAdamTheRock
^ Forgot Hyperion Vs Classic Wonderman

DarkSaint85
JBLegend. Truly terrifying.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by krisblaze
How is that fight relevant for this fight?
Didn't you know??
Alternate bloodlusted Gladiator is valid!

leonidas
not to mention that when they first met in that fight, didn't thor still consider glads a friend? i thought he was holding back initially--as should be obvious anyway from the way he manhandled gladiator at the end.

if that fight was relevant at all, it would clearly favor thor as being the more powerful by a considerable margin. /shrug

Stoic
Considering Jane suckerpunched him with lightning and she was shown struggling to break his grip, yes it is.

https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-w3bsNtte1P4/WPjPulD6fuI/AAAAAAADZPc/u67HJsZYI-A4yJyItbPXHMhLJPKmw_AQQCLcB/s1600/069_013.jpg
https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-C3fuElGhlJc/WPjPvIDVIUI/AAAAAAADZPg/TcaymkU9ANQDilg7KSDleRCsPS3CXkwjgCLcB/s1600/069_014.jpg
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-EQTvwBPetp4/WPjPvMzXw2I/AAAAAAADZPk/sdQwwLl6Vfkb-lFLpz1l3vUOmCt1LwJIwCLcB/s1600/069_015.jpg
https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-xyvsx6Mksts/WPjPv9IFpvI/AAAAAAADZPo/ikHya_sUCHYZZt5qyQ2xYTdLrG--8_voACLcB/s1600/069_016.jpg
https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-pcivqpDXX1A/WPjPwNJu1_I/AAAAAAADZPs/e_dzjZj3D2wgqIVfNVHF4QtEUUUx7H-OwCLcB/s1600/069_017.jpg
https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-JsVUj13BCdg/WPjPwVnQ1NI/AAAAAAADZPw/UhGmuw9ymB84tPiZGSx6KNWws24HieTwACLcB/s1600/069_018.jpg

Abhi, it looked as if she had his number in the scans, but was interrupted by Kubark and Smasher before she could finish him off. The scene resembled something that i went through years ago with a friend. I was actually stronger than he was, but he surprised me one day, and I was unable to immediately break free of his grip. I did eventually, but it took a little while.

abhilegend
not to mention that when they first met in that fight, didn't thor still consider glads a friend? i thought he was holding back initially--as should be obvious anyway from the way he manhandled gladiator at the end.

No he said he was ready for Gladiator.

If by manhandled you mean several two handed mjolnir shots and energy blasts to momentarily down Gladiator before Tarene finished him off.

Gladiator koed Thor in two hits, fought Odin level Tarene and lost only after half a dozen mjolnir shots to the head and a blast from Tarene.

Somehow that means Thor is more powerful.

Somehow.

Stoic
JBLegend. Truly terrifying.

Undeniably strong points.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Stoic
Abhi, it looked as if she had his number in the scans, but was interrupted by Kubark and Smasher before she could finish him off. The scene resembled something that i went through years ago with a friend. I was actually stronger than he was, but he surprised me one day, and I was unable to immediately break free of his grip. I did eventually, but it took a little while.
She was shown more powerful with mjolnir but he was undoubtedly stronger than her.

Stoic
She was shown more powerful with mjolnir but he was undoubtedly stronger than her.

I can agree with this, especially after the Wonder Man comparisons. The hammer seems to be the equalizer.

leonidas
No he said he was ready for Gladiator.

If by manhandled you mean several two handed mjolnir shots and energy blasts to momentarily down Gladiator before Tarene finished him off.

Gladiator koed Thor in two hits, fought Odin level Tarene and lost only after half a dozen mjolnir shots to the head and a blast from Tarene.

Somehow that means Thor is more powerful.

Somehow.

wth are you talking about? yur right in that thor was po'd by him when they first met in thor 34, but thor was initially kicking his a$$ until glads threatened bystanders (a couple times) to gain the upper hand. and he didn't ko thor--he ko'd his human half when he reverted.

odin level tarene? laughing out loud

geezus man. tarene=odin=gladiator now? i can't even muster up the energy to try and respond to that nonsense.... and thor was REALLY in need of tarene at the end of that fight. of course glads SAYING thor is more powerful means nothing, right? masterson blatantly stalemating him means nothing? i don't get why you're going on about this when it is blindingly obvious that the 2 are extremely close--negligibly close more than likely--in strength. but carry on repping....gladiator. laughing out loud

abhilegend
wth are you talking about? yur right in that thor was po'd by him when they first met in thor 34, but thor was initially kicking his a$$ until glads threatened bystanders (a couple times) to gain the upper hand. and he didn't ko thor--he ko'd his human half when he reverted.

Uh, what? He attacked Thor. He had a woman hostage but let her go.

He koed Thor who reverted back to Jake Olson after sixty seconds. Explicitly shown here.

Thor and Odin both confirmed that she had power to rival Odin and she killed the Thanosi.

Gladiator said Thor was too strong for getting killed. Not that he was more powerful.

Masterson stalemated Gladiator under one writer. Jurgens didn't have Thor do that and Aaron certainly did not.

I'm not repping Gladiator. Just letting Thorbags know their BS wouldn't work.

Facee
Originally posted by TethAdamTheRock
No flight No Superspeed No Weapons

Im thinking not having speed or flight would mess with Gladiators head. Hercules for a small majority.

Anybody know what issue # Gladiator fought Hulk?

Rage.Of.Olympus

Jane struggled for two panels. He might be stronger, but that is not conclusive.

Do you believe Gladiator is stronger than Thor (Odinson), yes or no?

There were more than a few indications that Masterson was inferior to Thor in strength. Some were flat out direct comparisons such as Loki. This is indisputable.

Thor was sent sailing with an uppercut and was definitely stunned. Knocked out? That is flat out false.

Thor was sent sailing but it was Jake Olsen who landed and was knocked out:
https://s18.postimg.org/kvk49pun9/RCO005.jpghttps://s18.postimg.org/l8bifwkmt/RCO006.jpg

When Jake Olsen's hand struck the ground with the hammer, he immediately began transforming back to Thor and even while MID-transformation, he shrugged off a super-speed blitz into his back from Gladiator:
https://s18.postimg.org/fk57p0o05/RCO018.jpghttps://s18.postimg.org/usv52trz9/RCO019.jpg

I.e. Thor was never knocked out.

The relationship between his Asgardian body and the human body of Jake Olsen was touched upon again in Thor #36:
https://s18.postimg.org/phg8i8vnp/RCO020.jpg

Unless you think that being sent flying for ONE panel is a conclusive knock out?

And one more time since I'm sure you'll pretend you didn't see it: Do you believe Gladiator is stronger than Thor (Odinson), yes or no?

abhilegend
Jane struggled for two panels. He might be stronger, but that is not conclusive.

There were more than a few indications that Masterson was inferior to Thor in strength. Some were flat out direct comparisons such as Loki. This is indisputable.

Thor was sent sailing with an uppercut and was definitely stunned. Knocked out? That is flat out false.

https://s18.postimg.org/kvk49pun9/RCO005.jpghttps://s18.postimg.org/l8bifwkmt/RCO006.jpg

When Jake Olsen's hand struck the ground with the hammer, he immediately began transforming back to Thor and even while MID-transformation, he shrugged off a super-speed blitz into his back from Gladiator:
https://s18.postimg.org/fk57p0o05/RCO018.jpghttps://s18.postimg.org/usv52trz9/RCO019.jpg

The relationship between his Asgardian body and the human body of Jake Olsen was touched upon again in Thor #36:

Unless you think that being sent flying for ONE panel is a conclusive knock out?

And one more time since I'm sure you'll pretend you didn't see it: Do you believe Gladiator is stronger than Thor (Odinson), yes or no?
What are you talking about? Thor was the one who landed as shown in Thor 35.

Are you sure you can read?

panthergod

..So Gladiator DIRECTLY physically overpowering Thor's 2 arms to his one EASILY... ISNT conclusive?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAA

Thor was 'stunned' to the point incapable of mentally summoning Mjolnir for 60 seconds. SIX TIMES the length of time for a KO in boxing. Yes, Thor was knocked out. PERIOD.

Stop lying, Rage. It's quite pathetic.

abhilegend
Not to mention injuries were transferred to the mortal and god form under Jurgens.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-RLtz3mLI_vY/VntWDUc44MI/AAAAAAAAiME/Sg05JpC8vlE/s1600-Ic42/RCO003.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-oMPOfRzV5Uc/VntWD3lymeI/AAAAAAAAiLw/44LN2yjPr8w/s1600-Ic42/RCO004.jpg
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Z4DkDJLoZjo/VntWD-PUoqI/AAAAAAAAiLw/dsncnB5ZgYw/s1600-Ic42/RCO005.jpg

Hence Jake Olson was changed as knocked out when Thor was knocked out and landed.

When Marnot or Odin changed Thor, his injuries were momentarily covered.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-9eI1KyKdHW4/VntWFlAv7qI/AAAAAAAAiLw/ddTKLku8ioM/s1600-Ic42/RCO014.jpg

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.