What makes a compelling Star Wars villain?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dark-Kenshin
Thread is self-explanatory. How is it done what needs to be done? Was TLJ successful in doing this?

cs_zoltan
Missing dicks.

Kurk
They need to be interesting smile

Snoke was mysterious

Dooku was a fallen jedi idealist and a gentleman

Osi Sobeck is insane

Not Cool:

TPM Maul: sheev's henchman who doesn't speak

Vader: Responsible for the suffering of millions all because he couldn't control himself over a piece of pu$$y.

Nephthys
I think that you either need a strong visual design and evocative presence (Vader, Sidious, Nihilus and TPM Maul) or a strong personality that incites an introspective or emotional response (Kylo Ren, Kreia, DR Dooku and perhaps Swtor's Tarro Blood).

SW is mostly an emotional work I feel, you need villains that can engage people through design or character and the best can manage both.

The Ellimist
I think there are several different ways to be compelling (backstory, appearance, etc.). Snoke IMO definitely fit the bill.

The_Tempest
Neph is near the mark. A memorable visual presence, strong personality, intelligence, coherent motivation, a sense of formidability in either a physical or intellectual sphere. (or both.)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.