If you had 1mill in illegal cash

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TethAdamTheRock
Lets say you found a suitcase with 1 million in cash (drug money) and decided to keep it

How do you go about spending money without being caught?

riv6672
Slowly.

Emperordmb
Splitting it up between donations to charity which I'd imagine would draw much less scrutiny than frivolous opulent spending and serve a role, and spending it on weed since that's already illicit and therefore unregulated and takes place in unobserved unrecorded transactions.

I'd get my weed paid for and help needy people at the same time.

dadudemon
It's cash. You can spend it however you want. Just keep your name out of credit check and tax purchases such as cars, boats, and houses.

ArtificialGlory
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Money_laundering#Methods

SquallX

LordofBrooklyn
Cayman Islands.

Pizzerias, delis, bodegas, hair salons, barber shops.

Surtur
Isn't there a rule where if you find money and you give it to the cops you can keep it if nobody claims it within a certain amount of time?

Beniboybling
I'd donated it all to Donald J. Trump, safe in the knowledge he'd never reveal his tax returns. evil face

Surtur
Originally posted by Beniboybling
I'd donated it all to Donald J. Trump, safe in the knowledge he'd never reveal his tax returns. evil face

So he'd be getting a tax free million dollar donation...good one, I guess?

Beniboybling
It'd be going towards Making America Great Again, right?

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by Surtur
Isn't there a rule where if you find money and you give it to the cops you can keep it if nobody claims it within a certain amount of time?

Yes, if you actually believe the claim.

cdtm
Originally posted by riv6672
Slowly.

thumb up

Dirty money is dirty because every dollar is traceable. Cleaning up money takes time, effort, a lot of people, shell businesses ect.. One guy ain't doing it in day to day spending.

SquallX

Adam_PoE

NewGuy01
All of them.

Flyattractor
Go on one hell of a Weekend Party Bender that I would most likely NOT Survive.

cdtm
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Go on one hell of a Weekend Party Bender that I would most likely NOT Survive.

I getcha.

Hookers, blow, and invite the fbi to the party, you "might" get away with it. thumb up

Surtur

Flyattractor
Originally posted by cdtm
I getcha.

Hookers, blow, and invite the fbi to the party, you "might" get away with it. thumb up

Nah. More like Yes to the Hookers,and Blow, plus all the Booze and such. Then find out where certain posters live and then make a few Mad Max Fury Road Type Vehicles and then have a bit of a Fury ROAD Party in their backyards.

smokin'

Lord Lucien
I'd keep wads of it in various pockets so I can reach in and throw it in people's faces in a variation of Dale Gribble's pocket sand:

PTAXUYLbFYk

riv6672
Originally posted by cdtm
thumb up

Dirty money is dirty because every dollar is traceable. Cleaning up money takes time, effort, a lot of people, shell businesses ect.. One guy ain't doing it in day to day spending.
Agreed.

Silent Master
The authorities would have to know the serial numbers of the money for it to even start being traceable and how exactly are they going to find that out?

People watch too much TV and movies.

TethAdamTheRock
I dont see how you can buy a car or house with pure cash, or even donate 100 thousand without suspicion

riv6672
^^^I wouldnt buy a car or a house. I already have a house and three vehicles.
I think the trick would be to not live outside your means. Thats what i meant by slowly.
Getting myself something cool here and there/every blue moon, is what i'd do with the money. No reason to go on a spending spree.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.