Shouldn't Deathstroke take a majority over Spiderman?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Vanguard
I know Spider-Man is powerful. But Slade was a villain spawned to take on an entire team that included Beast Boy, Donna Troy, Raven, Wally West, and Starfire. He regularly fought all of them at the same time.

He's got the tactical mind that turns the superior aspects of opponents against them. And this is way before Midnighter.

https://s14.postimg.org/tw3sac5b1/Slade23.jpg

He's so adept at using his equipment that he can strike and stagger someone with the speed and power of Superman.

https://s14.postimg.org/4rcrws0nx/Deathstroke23.jpg

And he has the skill to fight and survive in hand to hand combat with Wonder Woman.

https://s14.postimg.org/yj9ucc5l9/Slade27.jpg

I know Spider-Man has some great showings too. But Slade has the intelligence, equipment, and skill advantages. The disparity between these two, in those areas is significant enough for Slade to take the majority imo. In other words, Slade is more dominant in the areas that he holds an advantage in. Intelligence, equipment, and skill have a greater impact on the outcome of this fight than speed and strength.

riv6672
You answered your own question.
Slade -can- take a majority over Spidey. In your opinion.

DarkSaint85
Not mine..

Vanguard
Originally posted by riv6672
You answered your own question.
Slade -can- take a majority over Spidey. In your opinion.

Dood, I want people to agree. I want to start a movement. It doesn't help if its only my opinion.

Vanguard
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Not mine..

Not in your opinion.....

Is it because u like Spiderman more?

riv6672
Originally posted by Vanguard
Dood, I want people to agree. I want to start a movement. It doesn't help if its only my opinion.
I hear you.
I'm alone in many of my opinions here, too.

Vanguard
I hear you.
I'm alone in many of my opinions here, too.

sad

DarkSaint85
Not in your opinion.....

Is it because u like Spiderman more?

No. It's because Slade can't beat Spidey.

Let's look at your scans again.

In your Superman scan, it shows him casually backhanding the staff out of Slade's hands, and Slade admitting that Superman can easily fry him to a crisp.

In the WW scan, he had the Godkiller sword. A sword that was becoming a part of him, and was amping him.

Let's look at Spiderman's feats against herald level opponents.

Against Juggernaut, the Phoenix Five, Masterson Thor, Hulk, Firelord....

I mean, DS does well against his heralds.

Spiderman beats his.

Vanguard
No. It's because Slade can't beat Spidey.
In your Superman scan, it shows him casually backhanding the staff out of Slade's hands, and Slade admitting that Superman can easily fry him to a crisp.

In the WW scan, he had the Godkiller sword. A sword that was becoming a part of him, and was amping him.

I mean, DS does well against his heralds.

Spiderman beats his.

Slade has done well against WW without the Godkiller. I could post it.

I dont know why Superman backhanding the staff out of Slade's hand is important. In that same fight Slade dropped Supes for a second in hand to hand.

And yeah, as I conceded, Spiderman has some good showings against powerful opponents.

DarkSaint85
So why should Slade take the majority?

Spiderman beats his opponents. Firelord, obviously.

Slade..... doesn't die against his.

This shows Spideys advantages outweigh Slade's.

Supermutant
Deathstroke vs Spidey is a good fight. I'll probably lean Petey but not by much.

cdtm

I'll join yours if you join mine? (In the Death Battle: Superman vs Goku thread. smile )

riv hit the nail on the head. The fact of the matter is, what's tossed out as PIS does often come down to opinion.

Slade regularly reacts to/out predicts a Flash: PIS.

Gorgon cuts off YoYo's arms: That's a feat.

No idea why in the court of public opinion, one stands and the other doesn't.

blackspidey2099
Nope. Spider-Man is not only physically superior, but also far superior intellect-wise. Sure, Slade is a great tactician, but Spider-Man is one of the smartest men in Marvel, period.

LordofBrooklyn
Parker's performance against Wolverine is a good indicator of how he would perform against Slade.

riv6672
^^^No it isnt.
Slade and Wolverine fight in completely different manners, and rely/dont rely on equipment.

Make with the red font.

Vanguard
So why should Slade take the majority?

Spiderman beats his opponents. Firelord, obviously.

Slade..... doesn't die against his.

This shows Spideys advantages outweigh Slade's.

Slade would take a slight majority because of what I stated in the OP. Better equipment, greater skill, but most importantly the strategy, how he uses his mind in battle.

Slade doesn't come out on top more because of the villain curse. But he's really only failed one contract his whole career. When he fights, its for money or survival, not principle.

He knocks out Green Lanterns for fun.

Vanguard
Originally posted by cdtm
I'll join yours if you join mine? (In the Death Battle: Superman vs Goku thread. smile )

riv hit the nail on the head. The fact of the matter is, what's tossed out as PIS does often come down to opinion.

Slade regularly reacts to/out predicts a Flash: PIS.

Gorgon cuts off YoYo's arms: That's a feat.

No idea why in the court of public opinion, one stands and the other doesn't.

laughing

So I have to join your cause? I like how you negotiate.

LordofBrooklyn
^^^No it isnt.
Slade and Wolverine fight in completely different manners, and rely/dont rely on equipment.

Make with the red font.

SILENCE CRETIN!!!

Vanguard
Originally posted by blackspidey2099
Nope. Spider-Man is not only physically superior, but also far superior intellect-wise. Sure, Slade is a great tactician, but Spider-Man is one of the smartest men in Marvel, period.

I get what you're saying. But Spidermans brand of intelligence is most useful when prep is involved. Slade is excellent with prep also. Spiderman may be book smarter, but Slade is tactically and strategically smarter. His brain works at optimal ability under stress and fatigue.

While he's fighting, he'll devise a way to use Spidermans advantages against him.

Vanguard
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
Parker's performance against Wolverine is a good indicator of how he would perform against Slade.

Don't get me started on Wolverine, PLEASE!!!

The webbing is a b*tch though.

Stoic

What stops Spiderman from webbing Slade's feet up and using him as a wrecking ball? Outside of the Ikon suit Spidey's impact webbing would wrap him up, not to mention that he's gone at it with guys like Sandman, and several others that resemble Slade.

Vanguard
Originally posted by Stoic
What stops Spiderman from webbing Slade's feet up and using him as a wrecking ball? Outside of the Ikon suit Spidey's impact webbing would wrap him up, not to mention that he's gone at it with guys like Sandman, and several others that resemble Slade.

The webbing is a problem, I admit. But I'm willing to bet he can out-react/outmaneuver it. He's faster than say a Wolverine imo. He doesn't have the Ikon suit anymore. Thats why I didn't use that in my argument. Id like to see him fight Spiderman without it.

Besides I've seen him slice a net in half, that was shot at him from a distance, before it could envelop him.

Stoic
Spiderman would probably fold him, and those webbings won't go away. Wolverine was also made to go at it with Hulk level characters due to his HF, and durable skeleton. Slade may be a tad faster than Wolverine, but he can't take the damage that Wolverine can.

Zack M
That depends on what armor Slade has. If he has the Nth Metal, he can certainly take the punishment Spidey dishes out.

Stoic
Zack Spiderman is out of Slade's weight class. No matter the armor, those webs would hold him. If he went web crazy on him, Slade would be helplessly pinned. Taking a beating isn't the same as winning a fight, so like I said, if Spidey webbed his feet up and used him as a wrecking ball, he'd eventually KO him. This is a completely different strength range. agility range, and Spidey is a precog.

Vanguard
Zack Spiderman is out of Slade's weight class. No matter the armor, those webs would hold him. If he went web crazy on him, Slade would be helplessly pinned. Taking a beating isn't the same as winning a fight, so like I said, if Spidey webbed his feet up and used him as a wrecking ball, he'd eventually KO him. This is a completely different strength range. agility range, and Spidey is a precog.

You'd like to believe Spiderman is out of Slade's weight class. Spiderman doesn't fight that way. He doesn't go to extremes. Slade does. Slade has gone up against and defeated the likes of Black Manta, Aquaman, Superman, Wonder Woman, the Teen Titans, Green Lantern Hal Jordan, a Lobo Clone, Flash....etc

He was a team buster in his inception. He is IN Spidermans league.

Sin I AM
Does Slade beating tje Titans speak higjhly of DS or poorly of the Titans?

Stoic
Can Slade pick up a train car unaided by armor of any type? Spidey has beaten the FF, and the X-Men sans prep. Slade preps, which is his biggest weapon against his opponents. It's a gimmick, without the gimmick he isn't in Spidey's weight class, he''s in the Black Panther's weight class... Maybe?

Vanguard
Can Slade pick up a train car unaided by armor of any type? Spidey has beaten the FF, and the X-Men sans prep. Slade preps, which is his biggest weapon against his opponents. It's a gimmick, without the gimmick he isn't in Spidey's weight class, he''s in the Black Panther's weight class... Maybe?

Slade has never needed to pick up a train car. It goes against his principles. He doesn't believe in collateral damage. And here, I should have added that he has armor, just not the Ikon suit.

Every comic character has a "gimmick." Spiderman is a living, breathing, walking gimmick.

Slade uses prep sometimes, yes. And he's great at it, one of the best. But like I said, its been stated that his brain works under optimal ability under stress and fatigue. He knows your movements (read the scan in the op). So even when he hasn't prepared, it will seem as though he has.

Marvel does a great job of delineating a characters powers. DC has never really done that for Slade. I think you're getting caught up in the numbers. If DC would delineate Slades attributes, you'd be surprised.

Vanguard
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Does Slade beating tje Titans speak higjhly of DS or poorly of the Titans?

The Titans have done well against Slade also.

MrMind
based on strength and powerset deathstroke is at disadvantage
but consider team busting feats, slade is just more impressive

I'd take slade 6/10

Stoic
Slade has never needed to pick up a train car. It goes against his principles. He doesn't believe in collateral damage. And here, I should have added that he has armor, just not the Ikon suit.

Every comic character has a "gimmick." Spiderman is a living, breathing, walking gimmick.

Slade uses prep sometimes, yes. And he's great at it, one of the best. But like I said, its been stated that his brain works under optimal ability under stress and fatigue. He knows your movements (read the scan in the op). So even when he hasn't prepared, it will seem as though he has.

Marvel does a great job of delineating a characters powers. DC has never really done that for Slade. I think you're getting caught up in the numbers. If DC would delineate Slades attributes, you'd be surprised.

but he wouldn't have the gimmick in a forum match up against Spiderman. Therefore he loses the gimmick. When I use the term weight class, I'm talking about strength. Slade is closer to Black Panther's level. Not Spiderman's. Pay close attention to Riv's statement on the subject.

Sin I AM
The Titans have done well against Slade also.

as they should...for example raven should insta-kill him

Zack M

Slade has gear that can destroy the webs.

tkitna
He's faster than say a Wolverine imo.

http://www.geekinsider.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/bf2d381d2655fb975297e87e040586c8-western-comics-dc-comic-e1507039068798.jpg

Vanguard
non canon tkitna

And a horribly written story at that

Vanguard
but he wouldn't have the gimmick in a forum match up against Spiderman. Therefore he loses the gimmick. When I use the term weight class, I'm talking about strength. Slade is closer to Black Panther's level. Not Spiderman's. Pay close attention to Riv's statement on the subject.

He would have it in a matchup against Spiderman. It's his power. It's a part of him. It's no different than Spidermans webbing. I understand that you were talking about strength when you said weight class. And yes he would be closer to Panther than Spiderman physically.

LordofBrooklyn
non canon tkitna

HEY, you're talking about the master Simonson!!!

Vanguard
HEY, you're talking about the master Simonson!!!

confused

Who?!

I'll have to google that sh*t.

LordofBrooklyn
confused

Who?!

I'll have to google that sh*t.

He's the LEGEND who made the Titans/X-Men crossover you're referencing!!!

Vanguard
He's the LEGEND who made the Titans/X-Men crossover you're referencing!!!

laughing

I never knew who wrote it. But I did remember reading most of it years ago.

Zack M
Originally posted by tkitna
http://www.geekinsider.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/bf2d381d2655fb975297e87e040586c8-western-comics-dc-comic-e1507039068798.jpg

Not even current Slade, ffs.

Supermutant
The reason this is tough to decide for me is because Peter has not been impressive against mmaers. Daredevil and Punisher have flat out embarrass him and that is the norm not a rare PIS encounter. It was a rite of passage for a street to give him a very hard time. I also remember Shang chopping thru his webs and Frank shooting thru them.

riv6672
And tet Slade is so haxx he doesn't qualify as a street leveler.

spetznaz

DarkSaint85
Yeah...we ARE forgetting the Spidey Sense here....

Stoic
Yeah...we ARE forgetting the Spidey Sense here....

StiltmanFTW
laughing

I never knew who wrote it. But I did remember reading most of it years ago.

Claremont wrote it, Simonson drew it.

Claremont is a legend, too. Slade loses, deal with it.

riv6672
That was a great crossover in both story and art.

MrMind
lol that's the same crossover where slade threw colossus off the cliff

riv6672
^^^Nowadays, Slade would simply overpower him stick out tongue...

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-ylSdJHsrOFw/WM9x1Zv5PKI/AAAAAAAAKYU/E9skTYoY9BoW7dcr0j_yhmozpOv6ttqfgCLcB/s1600/war2016-1230f.jpg

Vanguard
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Claremont wrote it, Simonson drew it.

Claremont is a legend, too. Slade loses, deal with it.

Basis for your argument? You just sound like you're trying to be a contrarian.

Vanguard
That was a great crossover in both story and art.

The art is very average by todays standard. And Im a throwback so that's saying something. The inking is alright, the shading and highlights, terrible imo.

And the writing. You're telling me that it takes great forethought to have one character throw another off a cliff in order to triumph. Where is the imagination?

JayDaDon
Originally posted by Supermutant
The reason this is tough to decide for me is because Peter has not been impressive against mmaers. Daredevil and Punisher have flat out embarrass him and that is the norm not a rare PIS encounter. It was a rite of passage for a street to give him a very hard time. I also remember Shang chopping thru his webs and Frank shooting thru them.

That was all before he became a martial artist himself. After the way of the spider his record against MAers has been pretty close to spotless.

Zack M
Originally posted by JayDaDon
That was all before he became a martial artist himself. After the way of the spider his record against MAers has been pretty close to spotless.

Which current MA has he beaten that would rival current Slade?

deathslash
Originally posted by Zack M
Which current MA has he beaten that would rival current Slade? he stalemated Shang Chi with pure martial arts...

Zack M
Originally posted by deathslash
he stalemated Shang Chi with pure martial arts...

Shang doesn't have the gear and healing factor like Slade.

DarkSaint85
Shang doesn't have the gear and healing factor like Slade.

Spidey didn't have his powers at the time, like he has in this thread.

Add that Shang-level skill, plus the durability to survive being beaten by Phoenix 5/Juggy amped Colossus, the speed to beat Masterson Thor and Firelord, teh strength to hurt Angrir, Breaker of Stone, tear Iron Man apart, PLUS, most crucially, the spider-sense (all of which he didn't have against Shang...)

Zack M
Spidey didn't have his powers at the time, like he has in this thread.

Add that Shang-level skill, plus the durability to survive being beaten by Phoenix 5/Juggy amped Colossus, the speed to beat Masterson Thor and Firelord, teh strength to hurt Angrir, Breaker of Stone, tear Iron Man apart, PLUS, most crucially, the spider-sense (all of which he didn't have against Shang...)

That doesn't mean Spidey can get through Slade's Nth Metal armor, which stood blows from Lobo and Legacy. Add that the OP is using current gear, like the Ikon Suit, and Spidey doesn't really stand a chance.

DarkSaint85
That doesn't mean Spidey can get through Slade's Nth Metal armor, which stood blows from Lobo and Legacy. Add that the OP is using current gear, like the Ikon Suit, and Spidey doesn't really stand a chance.

Wait is Slade wearing Ikon or Nth metal, or both, lol

OP has him wearing one in one scan, and another in...well, another.

Current Slade (if using current versions) doesn't have the Ikon suit, as per Vanguard.

Vanguard

Current Slade (if using current versions) doesn't have the Ikon suit, as per Vanguard.

I'm sorry Zack and DS.

Slade has Nth metal here.

riv6672
The art is very average by todays standard. And Im a throwback so that's saying something. The inking is alright, the shading and highlights, terrible imo.

And the writing. You're telling me that it takes great forethought to have one character throw another off a cliff in order to triumph. Where is the imagination?
Obviously not in you. thumb up

Vanguard
Obviously not in you. thumb up

I don't get it.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

riv6672
^^^I dont doubt it.

Anyhow, going by the Zack/DS exchange on the previoys page, Spidey's record against street levelers is irrelevant, as Slade isnt street level.

Vanguard
^^^I dont doubt it.

Dood grow up.

JayDaDon

I thought he didnt have the ikon suit anymore. What prevents Spider-man from cocooning DS and removing his helmet like he did to Iron man? And what would ds's damage output look like? Spider-man's highs in durability feats are still insane and cant be dismissed.

Zack M

Well, Nth Metal still boosts Slade's stats and healing. I'd say it's pretty close now.

Zack M
Originally posted by JayDaDon
I thought he didnt have the ikon suit anymore. What prevents Spider-man from cocooning DS and removing his helmet like he did to Iron man? And what would ds's damage output look like? Spider-man's highs in durability feats are still insane and cant be dismissed.

A force field and flight? He can get out of Spidey's range with the Ikon Suit. Vangard isn't using the suit, anyway/

Stoic
So why bring the Ikon suit into this if he isn't using it?

riv6672
Dood grow up.
Concession accepted.

Good question, as that just confused the living shit out of things for no reason.

Vanguard
Concession accepted.

I have no idea why you've come in here with such an agenda. I really don't give a sh*t about arguing with you.

I've roasted far better.

Zack M

Because it was shown in the OP.

riv6672
I have no idea why you've come in here with such an agenda. I really don't give a sh*t about arguing with you.

I've roasted far better.
Just as badly, i'm sure.

As you already conceded, i dont need you to keep whining about it.
It defeats the purpose.
Also, you can say 'shit' here, without the *.

Since i've already said what i intended on the the OP, at this point we're derailing the thread, so catch you in the next one. Done here.

Cheers

SamZED
No. miffed

Zack M
Yes! mad

SamZED
No! 2guns

cdtm
Without the Ikon suit, honestly not sure.

Slade's good, but it's not as cut and dry as Iron Fist raping Peter..

Vanguard

Im still going to look at your thread. I haven't forgotten. smile

cdtm
Im still going to look at your thread. I haven't forgotten. smile

Just look at the Elektra/Danny thread in ownage. Then forget everything but he last few panels. smile

He's gone from Iron Fist to a mix of Street Fighter Ryu and Nitro. In one series, he actually threw a chi ball and turned a zombie to ash and Shoroyken'd a chopper out of mid air.

SamZED

Spider-man has made Danny humble. smokin'

https://s18.postimg.org/bpeto1511/2425007-iron_fist_acknowledges_spider_mans_spider_sense.jpg

cdtm
Humble Danny makes sure to let everyone know he held his own with him, before telling them how strong Spidey is. laughing out loud

blackspidey2099
Considering how Peter humiliated Black Panther in a short fight in last week's Peter Parker: Spectacular Spider-Man 299, I think this is even more cut-and-dry. Peter takes this, easily.

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by blackspidey2099
Considering how Peter humiliated Black Panther in a short fight in last week's Peter Parker: Spectacular Spider-Man 299, I think this is even more cut-and-dry. Peter takes this, easily.

T'Challa simply didn't want to kill Parker before his movie Premiere!!

tkitna
non canon tkitna

It was meant as a joke, but I thought it was a really well done crossover.

tkitna
Not even current Slade, ffs.

laughing You get butthurt over everything dont you?

Zack M
Try using current incarnations.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.