US States Ranked by How Polite They Are

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

dadudemon
https://www.freshbooks.com/press/data-research/which-state-in-the-u-s-is-most-polite

https://www.freshbooks.com/assets/img/press/Polite%20Ranking%20US.png

People often visited out of the country and talked about Oklahomans being "quite hospitable and kind" but I never know this was quantified.

Interesting. Do you have anecdotal evidence to support some of this list?

Emperordmb
Texas at #9 FTW!!!!!

Tzeentch
"Owners of small businesses who have "please" and "thank you" on their invoices" is a very specific set of qualifiers. Interesting little aggregate.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Tzeentch
"Small business owners" is an interesting qualifier. How very specific.

That's quite specific. That's why I want to read anecdotes.

snowdragon
Missouri has a pretty big spectrum obviously from St louis, KC, Springfield area.

That said SW MO in the Springfield area is very polite and courteous, not so much in St Louis, KC is ok.

Tzeentch
Originally posted by dadudemon
You forgot the "please" and "thank you" parts, too. That's quite specific. That's why I want to read anecdotes. Yeah I edited.

I wonder how big the sample size was for each state.

snowdragon
Yeah I edited.

I don't think it matters much as it's one of those snackable sidenote facts, it's kinda neat though.

dadudemon
Yeah I edited.

I edited back at you. Now it reads almost okay except for the text we quoted of each others.

Oh, forgot: thank you.

Robtard
Clearly done by a biased Oklahomo, just look at the percentage point gap between just 1st and 2nd place and then it's all down hill from there.

dadudemon
From my experience, the most polite and gregarious people are from Oklahoma. I can talk to anyone and we act like pals...mostly.

Next up would be people from NYC. Though there is a larger...grumpiness factor going on with them. But you can chat up almost anyone in NYC.

Not so much anywhere else except for some parts in CA. In some parts, people are very friendly. In others, not so much. Hollister, Gilroy, and San Jose areas: quite friendly. San Fran: mostly assholes. Oakland: mosty assholes. LA and LA greater area, mix of huge assholes and nice people.

This is just my experience.

Texas people are just slightly less friendly versions of Oakies.

People from Alabama, especially the older women, are incredibly hospitable. They will feed the hell out of you (which makes you ready for church...damn good pun) for no damn reason, if you're polite to them.

People from Wymoning? No so friendly. But will hold a conversation.

I could go down the list. That would take forever. But I want more anecdotes like these.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Robtard
Clearly done by a biased Oklahomo, just look at the percentage point gap between just 1st and 2nd place and then it's all down hill from their.

It was done by Canadians.

Oklahoma just...doesn't have much to offer except politeness, waning oil industry, and football.

Robtard
It was 99% joking.

Do wonder if state population size is a factor, with OK being an outlier due having around 3-4mil, which would put it around the middle-range.

dadudemon
It was 99% joking.

Do wonder if state population size is a factor, with OK being an outlier due having around 3-4mil, which would put it around the middle-range.

Connecticut has similar population size.

Some of the rudest pieces of shit I've ever known come from that state.

Robtard
The SF/Bay Area has a huge amount of Connecticut transplants.

dadudemon
The SF/Bay Area has a huge amount of Connecticut transplants.

Then that would explain my anecdotal experience about all the assholes there.

Robtard
50%ish of the time my wife meets a parent(s) from one of my kids' schoosl, they've moved here in the last 10-15 years or so for the weather and to start a family.

Impediment
Texans are polite AF.

Stoic
https://www.freshbooks.com/press/data-research/which-state-in-the-u-s-is-most-polite

People often visited out of the country and talked about Oklahomans being "quite hospitable and kind" but I never know this was quantified.

Shit I would have thought that Alabama would be down at the phucking bottom of the list? Maybe it depends on your ethnicity? Maybe if you were Black, Jewish, Mexican, Arabic, or gay the numbers would switch up a bit. Birmingham Alabama is one of the most racist place on the face of this earth.

Robtard
Originally posted by Impediment
Texans are polite AF.

Then why are you such a bag-of-dicks.

Checkmate, Atheists

|King Joker|
Connecticut has similar population size.

Some of the rudest pieces of shit I've ever known come from that state. http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/shi.gif

Raptor22
If anyone ever wonders if people from Massachusetts ever get tired of being at/near the top of nearly everything from health-care, education, economy, to sports and apparently politeness, the answer is no, no we don't.

John Murdoch

Us Okies will keep holding down the polite fort, dude. thumb up thumb up

For Robtard: I recently went on vacation to LA, everyone was plenty nice and very accommodating.

cdtm

CT is way too high.

cdtm
Originally posted by Raptor22
If anyone ever wonders if people from Massachusetts ever get tired of being at/near the top of nearly everything from health-care, education, economy, to sports and apparently politeness, the answer is no, no we don't.

I got pulled over by a cop driving through Mass.

For going too slow. All the traffic was backed up in the right lane, I shifted to the mid, and the jerk pulled me over and screamed in my face "YOU ARE THE LITTLE OLD LADY HOLDING UP TRAFFIC! YOU GO 60 IN THE RIGHT, 65 IN THE MIDDLE, AND 70 IN THE LEFT!!! I could have you written up for obstructing traffic!"

Absolutely no one behind me at the time. Was doing something like 63.

Felt like I was Driving Miss Daisy.

Tzeentch
Originally posted by Impediment
Texans are polite AF. I flew out to Texas last summer and then drove back to San Francisco a few days later. The only thing more amusing about Texans then their incredible politeness is that they could all insantly tell I was Californian.

Flyattractor
I flew out to Texas last summer and then drove back to San Francisco a few days later. The only thing more amusing about Texans then their incredible politeness is that they could all insantly tell I was Californian.

You don't get that on either of the Left Coasts.

Firefly218
I flew out to Texas last summer and then drove back to San Francisco a few days later. The only thing more amusing about Texans then their incredible politeness is that they could all insantly tell I was Californian. Southerners in general are some of the sweetest people you'll ever meet

Surtur
Illinois is ranked as not very polite.

You know what f*ck the people who did this study.

Firefly218
Originally posted by Surtur
You know what f*ck the people who did this study. How very polite

Flyattractor
The Dumb Oakies get to be#1?

This list is Whack!

cdtm
Originally posted by Flyattractor
The Dumb Oakies get to be#1?

This list is Whack!

CT is essentially a "**** you" state. Should be bottom five, imo.

There's a reason businesses keep leaving, and our population is actually decreasing as people go.

In my experience, Mass is even worse. They call themselves "Massholes" with pride there.

Most polite place I've been to? Keene, New Hampshire and Springfield, Vermont.

My car was caught in a ditch between those two areas, off a highway. No less then 12 people pulled over and asked if I needed to use their phone. I was in shock the entire time.

Finally, one guy comes in a pickup, and just push's the car out of the ditch while I put it in reverse. (Guy had good motivation, what with the two hot college girls sitting in the truck. wink )

Yeah, if this was Bridgeport, CT, it never would have happened. No one stops for anyone here. Not to help.. Rob you, sure.

Surtur
Originally posted by Firefly218
How very polite

Yes, almost as if I said it on purpose...

Flyattractor
Then why are you such a bag-of-dicks.

Checkmate, Atheists

Robbie is a CALIFORNIAN and just called some one a "Bag of Dicks".

Lets see where Califunny ranks on that list vs where Texas Ranked again..

Or lets just jump to the conclusion that all Atheist are Rude and Unpleasant "Bags of Dicks".

Albeit I am sure he would enjoy such a bag....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.