Maximus vs Leonidas

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
Swords only.

Who wins?

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by cdtm
Swords only.

Who wins?

UFFFFF this is a good one!!!

I'd say Leonidas.

Maximus was more of a jack of all trades, whilst Leonidas was more of a pure H2H/Swordfight guy.

KingD19
Leonidas was the leader of a group of low level superhuman. Maximus dies horribly.

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by KingD19
Leonidas was the leader of a group of low level superhuman. Maximus dies horribly.

I agree that they win, but superhuman....IDK.

I think its just the movie portraying the Spartans as too bad ass rather than them being superhuman as in superpowers.

But still, i think Spartans abilities portrayed in 300>>Roman's portrayed in Gladiator.

KingD19
Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
I agree that they win, but superhuman....IDK.

I think its just the movie portraying the Spartans as too bad ass rather than them being superhuman as in superpowers.

But still, i think Spartans abilities portrayed in 300>>Roman's portrayed in Gladiator.

No, they were superhuman. They were casually chopping clean through limbs and killing 30+ elite warriors in a few seconds, sending guys flying, jumping 20 feet high and killing massive animals easily.

FrothByte
I'd have to go with Maxinus. Leonidas seemed more a skilled commander than a skilled duelist.

Dreampanther
It will be a good fight. Anybody who thinks it will be an easy win didn't watch both movies. For instance, some of the Spartans' feats are listed above, but what about Maximus?

He killed four trained, experienced, armoured soldiers, starting out unarmed, on his knees with his hands tied.

He becomes so famous the crowd chants his name and every gladiator shows fear and respect as he walks past. Proximo calls him a butcher who simply hacks his enemies apart, begging him to stop killing his opponents so quickly and to put on more of a show, to entertain the crowd.

In one fight, Maximus enters the arena armed with nothing but a sword and in 30 seconds kills five gladiators wearing armour, with shields and weapons. It only takes that long because he pauses to show of his dual-wielding skill before beheading his final opponent.

They bring back Tigris, "the only undefeated champion in Roman history" to face him - along with four freaking tigers. Maximus not only defeats Tigris, but kills one of the tigers as well.

Leonidas might win (note, I said *might*). But easily? There won't be anything easy about it.

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by KingD19
No, they were superhuman. They were casually chopping clean through limbs and killing 30+ elite warriors in a few seconds, sending guys flying, jumping 20 feet high and killing massive animals easily.

Hmmm. Maybe, i saw it more like the movie exaggerating the feats.

I dont think like Leonidas can lift up a horse or something like that.

Originally posted by Dreampanther
It will be a good fight. Anybody who thinks it will be an easy win didn't watch both movies. For instance, some of the Spartans' feats are listed above, but what about Maximus?

He killed four trained, experienced, armoured soldiers, starting out unarmed, on his knees with his hands tied.

He becomes so famous the crowd chants his name and every gladiator shows fear and respect as he walks past. Proximo calls him a butcher who simply hacks his enemies apart, begging him to stop killing his opponents so quickly and to put on more of a show, to entertain the crowd.

In one fight, Maximus enters the arena armed with nothing but a sword and in 30 seconds kills five gladiators wearing armour, with shields and weapons. It only takes that long because he pauses to show of his dual-wielding skill before beheading his final opponent.

They bring back Tigris, "the only undefeated champion in Roman history" to face him - along with four freaking tigers. Maximus not only defeats Tigris, but kills one of the tigers as well.

Leonidas might win (note, I said *might*). But easily? There won't be anything easy about it.

Yeah, a very though match. But i dont doubt Leonidas winning.

Considering that Greeks were amongst the best soldiers, and that Spartans were considered ELITE/SUPERIOR soldiers, and that Leonidas was the BEST of all those ELITE fighters...Maximus is just a well trained/good Roman soldier.

I do believe Leonidas stands superior after a loooonnnggg fight.f

Juk3n
Leonidas, eventually.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.