Darth Krayt vs. Darth Plagueis (Sabers)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Geistalt
Who would win?

deathslash
What did Plagueis do again? I never read anything with him in it.

Haschwalth
Plageuis obviously.

Azronger
Krayt, good fight

Haschwalth
Originally posted by Azronger
Krayt, good fight
Sorry what are you smoking?
Can i have some.

Kurk
Originally posted by Azronger
Krayt, good fight So in the Dooku vs Krayt thread you have Krayt winning in a great fight, and winning against Plagueis in a great fight.

What exactly is a "great fight" lol

I'm getting the impression that Dooku=Plagueis < Krayt

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
He has Dooku above Plagueis.

Azronger
In dueling, yeah

AncientPower
Plagueis never seems to have even equated Tenebrous as a duelist, tbh.

Freedon Nadd
Plagueis wasn't really good with a lightsabre. Not after he stopped practicing with them, of course.

ILS
Which is said absolutely nowhere, but cool story. thumb up

Freedon Nadd
You don't need to be told. Basically, watch every of Sidious' duel: He either lightsabres and constantly uses the Force or dominates his foes with the Force from the very beginning.
That's why he was also disarmed by Luke in Dark Empire. He also said something that Sith grew beyond the need of lightsabres and only use them in combat with Jedi to humiliate their heritage.

ILS
Sidious has numerous quotes proclaiming him as one of the best lightsaber duelists to have ever existed, and there's virtually nobody who can threaten his claim to the number 1. title aside from perhaps Luke Skywalker on his best day.

So no, none of that means what you want it to mean.

Nephthys
What about Yoda?

ILS
Originally posted by Nephthys
What about Yoda? There's a strong argument to be made for Yoda since he apparently disarmed Sheev in some versions of the fight/off-screen. There's also the tight area on the senate podium which might have benefited Yoda. They're pretty much equals. Both masters of every style with flawless technique. Sheev perhaps slightly stronger in the Force circa RotS.

The description of Sheev's fighting style by Gillard and the description of his fight with the Maul brothers in Shadow Conspiracy really demonstrate how insane he is.

Also, Windu has some accolades proclaiming him equal to or even greater than Yoda and Sheev as a pure duelist, but also even more suggesting Yoda is his superior.

The main point is anyway, Sheev locked his lightsabers away to gather dust for over a decade and yet was able to match the likes of Windu and Yoda, who both maintained their skills rigorously, so I don't buy the argument Plagueis did anything but improve with his own skills.

Nephthys
So Yoda and Windu as well then.

What about the Hero of Umbara? awermm

ILS
Originally posted by Nephthys
What about the Hero of Umbara then? awermm We don't talk about him. mad

Intrpd
in any case the difference in raw lightsaber skill among the few best ones is probably negligible, it comes down to force power tbh. like i doubt even the skill difference between maul and sidious is any more than marginal

Freedon Nadd
Originally posted by ILS
There's a strong argument to be made for Yoda since he apparently disarmed Sheev in some versions of the fight/off-screen. There's also the tight area on the senate podium which might have benefited Yoda. They're pretty much equals. Both masters of every style with flawless technique. Sheev perhaps slightly stronger in the Force circa RotS.

The description of Sheev's fighting style by Gillard and the description of his fight with the Maul brothers in Shadow Conspiracy really demonstrate how insane he is.

Also, Windu has some accolades proclaiming him equal to or even greater than Yoda and Sheev as a pure duelist, but also even more suggesting Yoda is his superior.

The main point is anyway, Sheev locked his lightsabers away to gather dust for over a decade and yet was able to match the likes of Windu and Yoda, who both maintained their skills rigorously, so I don't buy the argument Plagueis did anything but improve with his own skills.

Actually he isn't one of the best lightsabre duelists(anymore in his current versions) I think you talk about a TCW Insider where it is stated that he can use all lightsabre forms when fighting.
As about the Windu and Yoda duel. In the first, he was lightsabre-ly disarmed. Then, Anakin came and Sidious blasted Windu with Unlimited Power. In the second, Yoda was about to best him in lightsabre combat but he made use of his Telekinesis and Unlimited Power.

Geistalt
Krayt:
Azronger
AncientPower
Freedon Nadd

Plagueis:
Haschwalth
ILS(?)

Geistalt
Current List

Sabers:
1. Luke
2. Darth Sidious
3. Yoda
4. Knightfall Vader
5. Mace Windu
6. Darth Krayt
7. Darth Plagueis
RotJ Vader
8. Darth Tyranus
9. Obi-Wan Kenobi
10. General Grievous

Kurk
I'm going with Krayt. If Plagueis does have a force-augmentation advantage it's negated by Krayt's far superior skill with a saber. Plagueis's piss-poor attitude towards dueling or physical combat in general likely means he rarely honed his technique after his younger years, similar to Palpatine.

And then there's feats which are basically non-existent for Hego aside from getting his defenses breached by Venamis and calling upon the force to save him.

SunRazer
If we can compare Hego's situation to Palpatine's, which I think we can, I don't see why the Muun wouldn't take this. Hard-fought and all, but he should come out on top.

Geistalt
Originally posted by Geistalt
Krayt:
Azronger
AncientPower
Freedon Nadd
Kurk

Plagueis:
Haschwalth
ILS
SunRazer Yes, I know ILS and Kurk got banned.

Freedon Nadd
What is the point of necromancing this thread?

Geistalt
I want to see what folks' opinions are.

Freedon Nadd
You already know. Plagueis everywhere.

Geistalt
I'm actually convinced Krayt is better in sabers. Dooku might be, too.

Ironically, this is in line with what Azronger thought.

victreebelvictr
Krayt has shown more Lightsaber prowess then Plagueis has tbh.

I would say Plagueis is in the same tier as Dooku Dueling wise.

RealistRacism

Freedon Nadd
Of course they are. Plagueis showed no major interest in lightsabre combat. He thought direct conflict is a primitive trait rooting in The Old Republic times of Sith. And decades later Sidious followed in his master's path too.

victreebelvictr
Whoops.

RealistRacism
Learn to read please thumb up

victreebelvictr
Originally posted by RealistRacism
Learn to read please thumb up I have always had a problem with that! laughing

Meatpants
I mean sure, Plagueis never showed interest in lightsaber combat, but I think that's taken too far usually. He still made sure Sidious was trained to use a variety of weapons for a variety of situations, and Tenebrous called Plagueis a master of the art. He also showed a lot of cunning in how he dealt with a combatant trained specifically to counter his form.

I'm not arguing for Plagueis beating Krayt, I'm relatively undecidied, but thought I'd just add that in for context.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.