Low Meta Tourney Predictions

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

deathslash
Who do you guys think is gonna win? Who's gonna die first?

One Big Mob
I'm backing lob all the way.
Let me know if you need anything, I want to see you do good things.

zopzop
I know LoB picked Klaw. Did anyone pick Firehawk? If not, there's literally no way anyone else in that tier list is gonna beat LoB. Go Klaw!

Philosophía
Posts aren't even up yet, but LoB has two votes and Smurph one.

Seems legit.

One Big Mob
Originally posted by zopzop
I know LoB picked Klaw. Did anyone pick Firehawk? If not, there's literally no way anyone else in that tier list is gonna beat LoB. Go Klaw! You can be captain, but I want to be the first mate on the LoB Cruise

deathslash

Supermutant
My army of venom-infused Raptors will pick their teeth with LOB's bones.

leonidas
lol at this thread. no one even knows who anyone has let alone what they were planning. no one has klaw. lol it was a blind, random draft of a select group of characters....

how many of the above have even handed anything in as of now?

deathslash
Originally posted by leonidas
lol at this thread. no one even knows who anyone has let alone what they were planning. no one has klaw. lol it was a blind, random draft of a select group of characters....

how many of the above have even handed anything in as of now? six contestants have handed theirs in. Like I said in the actual thread, each write-up is more elaborate and stupid than the last.

leonidas
lol well, it wouldn't be a tournament if there wasn't nonsense. it's part of the fun.
thumb up

"Id"
Who drafted who?

Digi
This is free-for-all format, yeah? There have been two of these so far; Smurph and I have co-won both of them (only once as teammates). So, seeing as I'm not entered, smart money's on the only guy that can manage to match me.

fdog

Dark horse is whoever gets lucky as sh*t in the randomized drafts. I look forward to the saltiness of the lottery losers.

Damborgson
My first draw was Bebop...

deathslash
Originally posted by Damborgson
My first draw was Bebop... thumb up

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by deathslash
six contestants have handed theirs in. Like I said in the actual thread, each write-up is more elaborate and stupid than the last.

Mine was the last.

Be ready for Luke Cage constantly thunderclapping.

beatboks
six contestants have handed theirs in. Like I said in the actual thread, each write-up is more elaborate and stupid than the last.

So evidently you got my post first?
Simce there was nothing remotely elaborate about it.

leonidas
the list of characters that were allowed. based on this list, which characters do you think give the best and worst chances to win this thing?

DarkSaint85
Poison Ivy and the Force users would run away with this, imo.

deathslash
the list of characters that were allowed. based on this list, which characters do you think give the best and worst chances to win this thing? Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Poison Ivy and the Force users would run away with this, imo. I honestly cut a few characters from that list and added a few more. I definitely took out poison Ivy.

zopzop
the list of characters that were allowed. based on this list, which characters do you think give the best and worst chances to win this thing?
Ok, that list makes sense. And I agree with DS. Force users and Ivy got this.

Philosophía
I don't think there's any force users in the tourney, tbh.

It would be a bit unfair, considering they can kill you by just glancing, and there's nothing you can do about it.

Digi
^ was thinking about that, Re: force users. If we're using canon sources only at this point, finding feats or scans could be difficult. So someone could definitely screw the pooch while prepping. That said, yeah, agreed, it would likely be their fight to lose.

leonidas
the list was revised? really? did we see the revised list? WERE force users in the revised list? and i assumed it was classic non-green-manipulating ivy. she would have been cool in this. /shrug

DarkSaint85
Wait what's the list lol.

DarkSaint85
Does LoB have a force user hence the votes?

Would be a bit unfair for us normies, just saying.

Philosophía
People are giving him a moral victory to stop the bi tching.

I, for one, will vote for him, even though none of you can stop me from punishing you.

deathslash
the list was revised? really? did we see the revised list? WERE force users in the revised list? and i assumed it was classic non-green-manipulating ivy. she would have been cool in this. /shrug no you didn't see the revised list. There are force users, but let me ask all of you worry warts a few questions.

How are they going to track you down? By sensing you? How will they know who's who in a dense jungle area populated by billions of bugs, millions of dinosaurs, and hundreds of millions of aquatic life? By sensing your thoughts? LOL, ninty percent of the characters in this are protected from tp. I even threw in a few robots for good measure. They see you and what? Snap your neck? LOL, 50% of the characters that I put on the list have dodged lasers. The force uers would need to prove that they're faster. What's the range on their tk? They would need to prove that they can kill you from a mile away. Can they do that before one or more snipers put a bullet through their brain?

One Big Mob
no you didn't see the revised list. There are force users, but let me ask all of you worry warts a few questions.

How are they going to track you down? By sensing you? How will they know who's who in a dense jungle area populated by billions of bugs, millions of dinosaurs, and hundreds of millions of aquatic life? By sensing your thoughts? LOL, ninty percent of the characters in this are protected from tp. I even threw in a few robots for good measure. They see you and what? Snap your neck? LOL, 50% of the characters that I put on the list have dodged lasers. The force uers would need to prove that they're faster. What's the range on their tk? They would need to prove that they can kill you from a mile away. Can they do that before one or more snipers put a bullet through their brain? Oh man Lob is going to rape this tourney. He's got a keen eye for spotting force users in revised lists.

deathslash
Originally posted by One Big Mob
Oh man Lob is going to rape this tourney. He's got a keen eye for spotting force users in revised lists. laughing out loud

On a serious note, look through your characters feats. There shouldn't be a single person among all of the contestants that has a character that hasn't dealt with tk. no expression

leonidas
sent in my revised opening. thumb up when does the thread open??

also, a quick note--of all the tourneys i've taken part in i think trying to find a way to convince judges that one low meta can kill a bunch of other low metas in a place like the savage land has been the most challenging tourney scenario i have ever been a part of. very interesting. can't wait to see some of the...creativity that will no doubt be on display. thumb up

DarkSaint85

also, a quick note--of all the tourneys i've taken part in i think trying to find a way to convince judges that one low meta can kill a bunch of other low metas in a place like the savage land has been the most challenging tourney scenario i have ever been a part of. very interesting. can't wait to see some of the...creativity that will no doubt be on display. thumb up

Let's compare notes.

LordofBrooklyn
Will I have to pay the shipping for my tournament trophy?

deathslash

also, a quick note--of all the tourneys i've taken part in i think trying to find a way to convince judges that one low meta can kill a bunch of other low metas in a place like the savage land has been the most challenging tourney scenario i have ever been a part of. very interesting. can't wait to see some of the...creativity that will no doubt be on display. thumb up I'll make the thread inside of the hour. Still need a little time to wind down from work.

Damborgson
It sounds like some of you put way more effort into this than I did 😅

DarkSaint85
Pfft. Depends on how....capable your character's websites are. Zoom, WW, Superman, Mongul, Spectre, Darkseid - all these have fallen before me.

It would be fun though, just before Deathslash posts, for him to name the characters.

Supermutant
Yeah since we all had 4 characters in our group, it would be cool to look at who you might have gotten or avoided.

DarkSaint85
Oh man, DP.

That's one character I'm not.

Or am I??

leonidas
lol

didn't even know deadshot was available. i have a good idea who my redrafts would have been. they weren't terribly enticing which means a couple really good ones were left on the table still. interesting though--both posts so far really seem to have ignored the savage land itself.... mmm

DarkSaint85
****ing Darth Maul. Called it. Stupid force users. I may as well forfeit now

Damborgson
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
****ing Darth Maul. Called it. Stupid force users. I may as well forfeit now

Cheeky little....

DarkSaint85
I can 100% with all honesty say that Phildo and I did not write our posts together. Phuckers stolen my thunder

Philosophía
About 1/3rd into Leo's post and I'm basically...

http://loneplacebo.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/kanye-west.jpg

deathslash

Digi
Oh my, what delightful chaos. I will judge...sometime soon? Looking forward to reading the writeups.

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by Digi
Oh my, what delightful chaos. I will judge...sometime soon? Looking forward to reading the writeups.

The LAST entry is the ONLY one you need to read!!!

deathslash

deathslash
Oh my, what delightful chaos. I will judge...sometime soon? Looking forward to reading the writeups. oh yeah, just send me your thoughts on who wins. You can also ask the two other judges (PR and Krisblaze) who they think is most likely to take it. Once the three of you come to some sort of consensus, just shoot me your PM's and the reasons why you choose whoever wins.

Philosophía
I was almost positive you had the ying and yang, i.e. maul/obi, batman/black panther, wolverine/spiderman/deadpool, etc. It's why I dedicated a fairly good portion of my post to my yang. That would have been useless as shit if I was mistaken - which I was, but I got lucky.

oh yeah, just send me your thoughts on who wins. You can also ask the two other judges (PR and Krisblaze) who they think is most likely to take it. Once the three of you come to some sort of consensus, just shoot me your PM's and the reasons why you choose whoever wins.

As the organizer, you should be the one to talk to each of them individually. Judges shouldn't confer with each other.

Hit Kris/Pr with a PM asking them for the judgement.

Bentley
It seems that I missed the cut off to participate into the tournament.

Which should naturally lead me to be the top voted poster in this post, as not playing is he only way of making sure you don't lose.

Philosophía
Originally posted by Bentley
It seems that I missed the cut off to participate into the tournament.

Which should naturally lead me to be the top voted poster in this post, as not playing is he only way of making sure you don't lose. You're too tame to be in the Savage Land, mon ami.

LordofBrooklyn
How did everyone arrive at their chosen character?

Philosophía
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
How did everyone arrive at their chosen character? I felt him calling to me as I meditated.

One Big Mob

LordofBrooklyn

Philosophía
Originally posted by One Big Mob
Ezra? I wish.

I'd have cut Kanan's eyes myself.

deathslash

LordofBrooklyn
what do you mean?

I got Ninjak on the first selection. The name ALONE due to its connection to Digi made that selection unacceptable! On my second pick I got the TOURNAMENT WINNER Wolverine.

beatboks
I got Ninjak on the first selection. The name ALONE due to its connection to Digi made that selection unacceptable! On my second pick I got the TOURNAMENT WINNER Wolverine.

I was a man not a mouse and took what I was given first without bitching amd whining like a dog🤡.

Despite the fact the only things I kmow about DP are what my 9yr old son tells me. He's deadpool mad. Even has a deadpool tshirt we struggle to get off him with some line like I work out so I can eat taccos.

deathslash
Originally posted by beatboks
I was a man not a mouse and took what I was given first without bitching amd whining like a dog🤡.

Despite the fact the only things I kmow about DP are what my 9yr old son tells me. He's deadpool mad. Even has a deadpool tshirt we struggle to get off him with some line like I work out so I can eat taccos. hope you enjoyed researching the character. He's got some crazy feats.

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by beatboks

Despite the fact the only things I kmow about DP are what my 9yr old son tells me. He's deadpool mad. Even has a deadpool tshirt we struggle to get off him with some line like I work out so I can eat taccos.

Digi's ABOMINATION OF LUST with Newjak has FOREVER tainted that name!!!

leonidas
maul can move space ships and slow time and kenobi has planetary level senses. laughing out loud and both force users were even allowed composite versions?? geezus....

One Big Mob
Why are Phildo and Dirkstain's posts the exact same? Did Heartslash just repost the same thing twice but shift names around?

LordofBrooklyn
maul can move space ships and slow time and kenobi has planetary level senses. laughing out loud and both force users were even allowed composite versions?? geezus....

They are BOTH JUNGLE FOOD for The Worshippers of LOGAN!!!

leonidas
lol yeah, it's def a bit of a co-inky-dink... i like how ds, lob and myself all try and control the animals in the land somehow. phil even stole my idea about hijacking a pterosaur! damnation. i simply can't believe some of the feats posted for those force users. these guys are reacting at near light speed and slowing time, and i couldn't even use cartoon snake eyes. hell, fan fic should have been available to the rest of us. laughing out loud

LordofBrooklyn
lol yeah, it's def a bit of a co-inky-dink... i like how ds, lob and myself all try and control the animals in the land somehow. phil even stole my idea about hijacking a pterosaur! damnation. i simply can't believe some of the feats posted for those force users. these guys are reacting at near light speed and slowing time, and i couldn't even use cartoon snake eyes. hell, fan fic should have been available to the rest of us. laughing out loud

Stop overrating the Force users.

Spider-Man STOMPED Maul!!

Wolverine>>>> Spider-Man

CANON!

leonidas
laughing out loud

when you put it like that... thumb up

deathslash
lol yeah, it's def a bit of a co-inky-dink... i like how ds, lob and myself all try and control the animals in the land somehow. phil even stole my idea about hijacking a pterosaur! damnation. i simply can't believe some of the feats posted for those force users. these guys are reacting at near light speed and slowing time, and i couldn't even use cartoon snake eyes. hell, fan fic should have been available to the rest of us. laughing out loud pretty much everyone else has feats of reacting to lasers. Their feats are also easily offset by their losses.

Kenobi once got beat up by two random deathwatch members for example. Maul's been tagged by a pirate shooting one of his legs too.

LordofBrooklyn
laughing out loud

when you put it like that... thumb up

8Q2uzIv4nhg

leonidas
pretty much everyone else has feats of reacting to lasers. Their feats are also easily offset by their losses.

Kenobi once got beat up by two random deathwatch members for example. Maul's been tagged by a pirate shooting one of his legs too.

sure, everyone has some low end feats, but we don't lowball/use PIS in these, and even if we wanted to, with a single post it would have been impossible to try and show low end feats for each opponent--not to mention you'd need more than 2 weeks to do the research required. /shrug

deathslash
sure, everyone has some low end feats, but we don't lowball/use PIS in these, and even if we wanted to, with a single post it would have been impossible to try and show low end feats for each opponent--not to mention you'd need more than 2 weeks to do the research required. /shrug then we better hope that your stealth, game plan, and showings will be enough to match up.

On a side note, I found it hilarious that you wanted Snake Eyes to go to the giant gorillas and LoB wanted to go to the giant gorillas to fight them. He's gonna get his teeth kicked in by the gorillas, your army, and you.

Supermutant
I got Ninjak on the first selection.

Would be funny if I win with the same character you rejected. Although I believed we each had a different group of 4, guess I was wrong.

LordofBrooklyn
then we better hope that your stealth, game plan, and showings will be enough to match up.

On a side note, I found it hilarious that you wanted Snake Eyes to go to the giant gorillas and LoB wanted to go to the giant gorillas to fight them. He's gonna get his teeth kicked in by the gorillas, your army, and you.

DEMONIC LIES!!

Logan is a recognized GOD in The Savage Land. He also defeated them in combat AND has the means to communicate with them.

Snake Eyes on the other hand is an INFIDEL and Pet Food!

Snake Eyes dies a good death at The Hands of my DIVINE ZOMBIE GUARD!!!

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by Supermutant
Would be funny if I win with the same character you rejected. Although I believed we each had a different group of 4, guess I was wrong.

What was your group?

Supermutant
What was your group?

Only know 3 Lady Deathstrike, Bane, and Ninjak.

deathslash
Would be funny if I win with the same character you rejected. Although I believed we each had a different group of 4, guess I was wrong. Initially, you guys did. After I let people pick more than once, I rolled the rejected characters back into the list and replaced the characters that people were running with.

DarkSaint85
How did everyone arrive at their chosen character?

I just went with the first character I was dealt.

And this sounds hard to believe, but Phildo and I genuinely arrived at our posts separately. No collusion there. After we had written them, I did ask him what he did (before making sure he wouldn't change lol) and we both realised we think like.

Except I have fargreater scope, obviously. Tsunami time!

DarkSaint85

Tbf, I can also move spaceships and slow time down (as seen in my write-up) thumb up

Damborgson
I can light your insides on fire thumb up

DarkSaint85
I can light your insides on fire thumb up

All the ladies agree that DS can do that

Damborgson
laughing out loud

LordofBrooklyn

And this sounds hard to believe, but Phildo and I genuinely arrived at our posts separately. No collusion there. After we had written them, I did ask him what he did (before making sure he wouldn't change lol) and we both realised we think like.

TAINTED LIES!!!

You Force users are Raptor meat for The Death Deity that is Logan!

leonidas

so did i. i knew se a bit, but ended up doing quite a bit of research on him. i think the other guys i could have had were widow, harley and...not sure of the third. maybe lady deathstrike. so snake was def the best option.

if i were judging i'd straight dq you though just for telling us that to beat you you'd need to be high herald. if you win i'll bz you with stroke in his ikon armor. or maybe with thor. mmm

DarkSaint85
so did i. i knew se a bit, but ended up doing quite a bit of research on him. i think the other guys i could have had were widow, harley and...not sure of the third. maybe lady deathstrike. so snake was def the best option.

if i were judging i'd straight dq you though just for telling us that to beat you you'd need to be high herald. if you win i'll bz you with stroke in his ikon armor. or maybe with thor. mmm

Not through a weapon, gadget or suit though wink

Deathslash unfortunately disallowed my use of my starfighter. He did allow an astromech Droid though.

leonidas
you got a droid too? and you didn't use it? lol i'd have found some way to make that happen. of course he'd be a pile of goo thanks to anti metal. thumb up

had he given you the ship i'd have just left the jungle altogether.

deathslash
you got a droid too? and you didn't use it? lol i'd have found some way to make that happen. of course he'd be a pile of goo thanks to anti metal. thumb up

had he given you the ship i'd have just left the jungle altogether. giving saint the ship would mean that I'd have to give everyone their vehicles. As awesome as a sort of Twisted Metal tourney sounds, it's not what I wanted.

DarkSaint85
Your plan for Obi wan to stomp this worked just fine thumb up

DarkSaint85
Btw, per the rules, technically, I can't be killed. Force Ghost mother phucked.

KO is your only hope lol.

Parmaniac
Have Force Ghosts ever actually physically interfered?

DarkSaint85
Mind control thumb up

AT the very least, I can outlive you all mwahaha

Philosophía
Originally posted by Parmaniac
Have Force Ghosts ever actually physically interfered? Yoda used lightning in The Last Jedi to burn the library.

Darksaint just realized I'd kill him in the match, so he tries to pull-out things he never wrote. thumb up

leonidas
laughing out loud

that's his style. thumb up

Supermutant
A lot of missing links in some posts, all to my advantage.

LordofBrooklyn
A lot of missing links in some posts, all to my advantage.

Ninjak's corpse is DEFILED by my animal worshippers!!!

DEAL WITH IT!!!

Supermutant
Ninjak's corpse is DEFILED by my animal worshippers!!!

DEAL WITH IT!!!

lol Your "animal control" has made you a target of others attempting to do the same thing. Hopefully you all kill each other.

leonidas
yeah i'd noticed the broken links. why everyone doesn't use imgur i'll never know. you have to copy the link and paste it into the browser to open many of saint's. another reason to dq him. thumb up

DarkSaint85
Wait can you not just click mine?

LordofBrooklyn
yeah i'd noticed the broken links. why everyone doesn't use imgur i'll never know. you have to copy the link and paste it into the browser to open many of saint's. another reason to dq him. thumb up

The Force is WEAK in Saint!!!

deathslash
The Force is WEAK in Saint!!! you had several broken links and bad coding too. I had to fix that sh*t.

DarkSaint85
That's weird. Apologies-I thought I tested them all.

I also was pretty sure I wasn't over the limit.

LordofBrooklyn
you had several broken links and bad coding too. I had to fix that sh*t.

As THE PEOPLE'S CHAMPION I had to rush to get in by the deadline!!!

That said at 1:30 I did a review to make sure it was correct before the 2pm deadline.

LordofBrooklyn
lol Your "animal control" has made you a target of others attempting to do the same thing. Hopefully you all kill each other.

DEATH DEITY OF THE SAVAGE LAND LOGAN SURVEYS THE LAST MOMENTS OF NINJAK!!!

https://78.media.tumblr.com/c8a58a17eb3e7293db86879533ea26fc/tumblr_n07xrhsuPJ1rcp7bmo5_500.jpg

deathslash
That's weird. Apologies-I thought I tested them all.

I also was pretty sure I wasn't over the limit. you weren't over the limit, not really. I had to specify that it was your post at the beginning, which probably brought it over by a little. Same with Philo.......mmm

Damborgson
Automatic disqualification seems like the only reasonable solution thumb up

LordofBrooklyn
Automatic disqualification seems like the only reasonable solution thumb up

THE HOUSE OF EL SUPPORTS DISQUALIFICATION AS WELL!!

thumb up

leonidas
the jedi didn't have enough advantages he was also ok going over the limit and using broken links. thumb up

LordofBrooklyn
We have a consensus.

DARKSAINT IS OFFICIALLY DISQUALIFIED FROM THE TOURNAMENT!!!

leonidas
i second that. thumb up

Supermutant
https://media.tenor.co/images/a1b9877b40e0221cc971ce3b65329f8d/tenor.gif

DarkSaint85
Heavy is the head that wears the crown.

Supermutant
DarkSaint is right, we must automatically disqualify the other force user as well.

Philosophía
DarkSaint is right, we must automatically disqualify the other force user as well. http://78.media.tumblr.com/1552a18d0f4a653ee644d83d3b890d53/tumblr_inline_myk92pT8hn1rag85f.gif

DarkSaint85
I'm currently at Paris Disneyland, and I saw Darth Maul. I asked him who'd win, and he said Obi, decisively..

Canon.

LordofBrooklyn
DarkSaint is right, we must automatically disqualify the other force user as well.

I MOVE THAT PHILOSOPHIA BE DISQUALIFIED FROM THE TOURNAMENT!!!

leonidas
any word from the judges about where they are in this thing...?

Digi
Reading and submitting today. Just been a busy weekend to this point.

DarkSaint85
any word from the judges about where they are in this thing...?

Can't you just Facebook them or message them on WhatsApp?

leonidas
how do you think they all came up with the idea to consider dq'ing you?

LordofBrooklyn
Reading and submitting today. Just been a busy weekend to this point.

Translation

THE MIGHTY LOB WINS!!!

Digi
Sent my ruling to deathslash.

Bentley
Just gave my ruling for this thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.