Millennials in the Workplace

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stigma
Interesting insights on the issue:

hER0Qp6QJNU

Agree or disagree with him?

Putinbot1
Some make a good cup of tea, others not so much.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Stigma

hER0Qp6QJNU

He is making the same mistake everyone does when they talk about "millennials": they don't exist.

It's a lame label.

The problems he talks abuot are problems that everyone has, not just a particular age demographic. I see more of those "millenial" traits in "Gen X" aged people, especially the narcissistic social media bullshit.

But I also see the problems he is talking about. A large generation of people are growing up addicted to their phones.

And the meetings? People need to put their damn phones away in the meetings, for sure. They need to close their laptops and pay attention.

I gave a presentation to the entire company at work earlier this week. The man that needed to see the presentation the most was doing shit on his laptop the entire time.

It was the young people engaged and listening to my presentation. It was also the millennial leaders in the company engaged with me on my presentation. Not him. His age? Early 50s.

Putinbot1
Millenials in the Workplace: Little experience usually and somewhat incompetent.

TethAdamTheRock
Whats a Millennial?

Bashar Teg
Originally posted by Putinbot1
Millenials in the Workplace: Little experience usually and somewhat incompetent. i think that's always been part of the first world human condition. people typically come out of 4 year colleges, professionally semi-incompetent in their field. it's tradition.

cdtm
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
i think that's always been part of the first world human condition. people typically come out of 4 year colleges, professionally semi-incompetent in their field. it's tradition.

Elders love to talk about how they set up shop without even knowing what their wares were. Like for a mom and pop store, a customer would have to point out the cold cuts she wanted, because he had no clue what was what (Even though he bought the stuff.)

Things haven't changed on that front, the difference is who's a better liar about their experience, and who's better at faking it/figuring things out on the fly.

cdtm
Originally posted by Stigma

hER0Qp6QJNU

I don't think it's useful to talk about an entire generations failings, without comparing them to some realistic standard.

As far as I could see, everyone everywhere has made it up as they went, and then just picked up the smartest people they could who can figure their duties out on their own, without bothering them about it..

cdtm
Originally posted by dadudemon
He is making the same mistake everyone does when they talk about "millennials": they don't exist.

It's a lame label.

The problems he talks abuot are problems that everyone has, not just a particular age demographic. I see more of those "millenial" traits in "Gen X" aged people, especially the narcissistic social media bullshit.

But I also see the problems he is talking about. A large generation of people are growing up addicted to their phones.

And the meetings? People need to put their damn phones away in the meetings, for sure. They need to close their laptops and pay attention.

I gave a presentation to the entire company at work earlier this week. The man that needed to see the presentation the most was doing shit on his laptop the entire time.

It was the young people engaged and listening to my presentation. It was also the millennial leaders in the company engaged with me on my presentation. Not him. His age? Early 50s.

I'm surprised they tolerate this during a meeting..

I know a lot of places do this, but it's a recipe for dysfunctional business practices..

snowdragon
Originally posted by dadudemon

He just said you hold little value.

Putinbot1
i think that's always been part of the first world human condition. people typically come out of 4 year colleges, professionally semi-incompetent in their field. it's tradition. True

Originally posted by cdtm

I know a lot of places do this, but it's a recipe for dysfunctional business practices.. True, doesn't sound a very professional company.

dadudemon
Originally posted by snowdragon
He just said you hold little value.

I would feel bad but he does it in every meeting and every con-call including clients. He's just........distracted.

He's the "millennial" type that dude in the video describes. He drops out of the office everyday around 4 or 5 even if there's lots of shit still to do (he's salaried).

This is part of why I don't buy into the "millennial" concept. No, it's just selfish, narcissistic humans.

dadudemon
Originally posted by cdtm

I know a lot of places do this, but it's a recipe for dysfunctional business practices..

It's pretty terrible that the KiK using, snapchatting, facebooking, tweeting, WhatsApping, instagramming, redditting, pinteresting young people have better attention spans than the older adults.

The guy I replaced had a "no phones or laptops out during my meetings" rule. If it wasn't for the fact that I need people in my meetings to have access to information during meetings, I'd bring back that rule.

Putinbot1
I give written warnings for it the first time and dock salary the next. It's always the under 35's who are the worst in my experience.

Flyattractor
Working with "Millies'" pretty much sucks.

Its like working with a case of nitroglycerin. Shake it in just the wrong way and it will explode....in an explosion of whiny shit filled snowflake annoyance.

Yeah. You grew up watching Anime. That don't make you Great.

SHUT THE **** UP YOU LITTLE ASSHATS!!!!!!!!

Bashar Teg
revealing line of attack. starblazers, robotech, voltron, speed racer, battle of the planets, etc. americans have been growing up with anime since the 60's. wow you're old af, aint you?

Flyattractor
revealing line of attack. starblazers, robotech, voltron, speed racer, battle of the planets, etc. americans have been growing up with anime since the 60's. wow you're old af, aint you?

Yeah. Point just proved.

Go cry in your Snowflakes and keep your MILLY SHIT to your self for once.

Oh and also....That list of "Anime" you just listed.....That aint really ANIME!

Those are Japanese Cartoons compared to the PHUCKTARD HIPSTER shit that is Modern ANIMIE!!!!!!

Bashar Teg
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Yeah. Point just proved.

Go cry in your Snowflakes and keep your MILLY SHIT to your self for once.

Oh and also....That list of "Anime" you just listed.....That aint really ANIME!

Those are Japanese Cartoons compared to the PHUCKTARD HIPSTER shit that is Modern ANIMIE!!!!!!

yes those are anime, and you're a junkie who's old enough to be my grandpa.

Flyattractor
You are Phobic against The Older Generations.

You are indeed a Whiny Little Milly.

Firefly218
I'm generation Z for some reason

Bashar Teg
were you mad back in the 60's when the kids started watching astro boy and gigantor? is it a WW2 grudge? where were you the day pearl harbor was bombed?

Flyattractor
Nope. Cause Atro Boy and Gigantor were Fun Action Adventure Comics. Same as Voltron and Battle of the Planets (Which is what they called the AMERICANIZED Version of the show which is really called "Gatchaman".

But seeing as how you use the BATTLE name.... I am going to bet you AN OLD PHUCK TOO!

But then we already knew you were a Loud Mouth Hypocrite.

Bashar Teg
i am relatively old here, but that doesn't change the likely fact that you are old enough to be my grandpa.

Flyattractor
i am relatively old here, but that doesn't change the likely fact that you are old enough to be my grandpa.

If I was your "Grandpa" I would go kick your dad in his Nuts.

eek!

Bashar Teg
Originally posted by Flyattractor
If I was your "Grandpa" I would go kick your dad in his Nuts.

eek!

maybe all those years ago you could have. now you'd just fall and bust your hip.

Bashar Teg
then again he's old af too. he has bad knees so if you hit them with your walker, you could probably take him down quick

Flyattractor
I am a Smart Old Man.... I would just do this then...

UozBCkPTdtk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.