Have you ever used a firearm?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Impediment
Simple question I'm very curious to hear answers to.

Being ex-Army infantry, I've fired more than my fair share of weapons ranging from hand guns to rifles to machine guns to cannons. And I loved every shot that I made.

Have you ever fired a firearm/gun/rifle? Even just once? What kind was it?

If no, then why not? Is it truly uncomfortable for you? Is it fear? Do you abhor firearms so much that you refuse to even hold one?

Emperordmb
Yep a few with my friend on some land his family owns. We went shooting, it was a lot of fun.

dadudemon
Many times. So so so many times and with lots of different guns.

Types: I prefer to answer in brands - Glocks, Winchesters, Remingtons, Berettas.

Side-note: LR shooting, I'm very precise but not accurate. I don't know why. My patterns are almost always very tight at around a quarter-size. I shy away from scopes because when I use a scope, it becomes too easy and takes away the challenge for me.

I do not oppose guns. I strongly support them and the freedom to responsibly use them.

Putinbot1
Yeah, not proud of it. Do I think I have any reason to have a gun? No. Am I glad I don't? Yes.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Putinbot1
Yeah, not proud of it. Do I think I have any reason to have a gun? No. Am I glad I don't? Yes.

Any other questions you'd like to ask and answer of yourself? Don't stop now...haermm

Kurk
Never held a gun in my life. Shot a compound bow quite a bit though.
Originally posted by Putinbot1
Yeah, not proud of it. Do I think I have any reason to have a gun? No. Am I glad I don't? Yes. #exposed

Eternal Idol
A few different 9mm handguns, 1911s, and a .22-caliber rifle.

Surtur
Originally posted by dadudemon
Any other questions you'd like to ask and answer of yourself? Don't stop now...haermm

"Do I know a mod can see your IP address? I do now"

Flyattractor
Lots and Lots and Lots!

MythLord
Why yes, of course, to murder a bunch of innocent school children hunt down a vicious psychopath who wanted to murder a bunch of innocent school children.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by MythLord
Why yes, of course, to murder a bunch of innocent school children hunt down a vicious psychopath who wanted to murder a bunch of innocent school children.

I TOTALLY DO NOT BELIEVE YOU!!

Mindship
Yes, ranging from a pistol crossbow (does that count?) to an AK-47.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Mindship
Yes, ranging from a pistol crossbow (does that count?) to an AK-47.

No. A "Pistol Crossbow" does not COUNT! What a Crossbow does vs what a Gun Does is TOTALLY Different.

wink

snowdragon
Originally posted by Impediment

Being ex-Army infantry, I've fired more than my fair share of weapons ranging from hand guns to rifles to machine guns to cannons. And I loved every shot that I made.

If no, then why not? Is it truly uncomfortable for you? Is it fear? Do you abhor firearms so much that you refuse to even hold one?

I have shot plenty of firearms, I used to enjoy shooting trap before I had rugrat.

My fear isn't my gun or other guns, it's for the people that have no respect for life and hold themselves above others when they feel as though they have the power with their guns.

playa1258
Fired many different weapons.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by snowdragon
I have shot plenty of firearms, I used to enjoy shooting trap before I had rugrat.

My fear isn't my gun or other guns, it's for the people that have no respect for life and hold themselves above others when they feel as though they have the power with their guns.

That is when you use that Finger that is next to your Trigger Finger.

Robtard

A few rifles and handguns

My favorite was a Henry lever-action rifle, iirc, was .30 caliber.

BackFire

Nope. Never owned a gun. Never fired a gun. Never even held a gun.

Not really a fear thing or that I abhor them, just don't find them very interesting, not enough to make any effort to go shoot one.

Impediment
Originally posted by BackFire
Nope. Never owned a gun. Never fired a gun. Never even held a gun.

Not really a fear thing or that I abhor them, just don't find them very interesting, not enough to make any effort to go shoot one.

I got something you can hold, big boy.

BackFire
That's really the only gun I'm interested in.

John Murdoch
During my youth: just a .22 at my stepdad's farm.

As an adult: M16, M4, Remington 870 shotgun, Ruger and S&W 9mm handguns, all for military and law enforcement employment. Not near as proficient as our fair moderator, I'm sure; I was just a lowly welder in the Army vs his 11B.

Own a Remington 870 express shotgun (the budget or diet version of the 870).

JKBart
training since i was 13, now 25 smile must have shot thousands of bullets tbh

Silent Master
Yes, several. currently own a 9mm, .380, two .22 rifles and a AR-15.

No bump-stock though. they're useless as bump firing is rather easy.

Adam_PoE
My paternal grandfather was in the Army and my maternal grandfather was in the Navy. My father was in the Air Force.

My paternal grandfather owns property in Durand where he, my father, and my uncles would hunt deer. His home is also on a large plot, which includes and archery range.

My father was a member of a gun club, and he would occasionally take my brother and I to skeet shoot.

All of this is to say that I was raised in a culture of guns. We had them in our home, and we learned to shoot bows, crossbows, pistols, and rifles.

My vision is better than 20/20, so I was actually quite good at it. However, I have very little interest in firearms of any kind.

I have only been threatened with a firearm once, and it did not take a firearm to deescalate the situation.

I am intrigued by the Salt gun and some smart gun technologies though. These days, I lean toward non-lethal weapons.

Killjoy12
At 8 or 9 years old my parents got me a BB gun. By the time I was 11 my father had me hunting squirrel and rabbits. Then grouse, ring-neck and on to deer. My father is long gone but I still love to hunt and shoot.

Todd1700
Yes since childhood. Still own about 20 of them. Avid turkey and deer hunter.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Adam_PoE

I am intrigued by the Salt gun and some smart gun technologies though. These days, I lean toward non-lethal weapons.

Oh I would LOVE to hear this story.

Mindship
Originally posted by Flyattractor
No. A "Pistol Crossbow" does not COUNT! What a Crossbow does vs what a Gun Does is TOTALLY Different.

wink Too bad. Those little arrows were cute AF.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Mindship
Too bad. Those little arrows were cute AF.

You could just hug them.

CroftAlice
I used an ak 47 a while back.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.