Cell VS Broly

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Lost
The fight takes place on Earth and they are at their strongest (Cell would be Super Perfect, for example).

NOTE: Forgive me if this thread is lacking in any typical structure that is used when creating a versus. I don't know much about the informal rules for versus match-ups over here and was just curious what people thought.

NewGuy01
Pretty sure the consensus is that Cell is stronger.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Broly busted a galaxy, he wins smile

Damborgson
Broly after a hard fought victory.

Nemesis X
The creators like to make Broly out as the strongest DB character but some form of PIS is always there to give the good guys a dumb chance against such a monstrous anomaly. Without restrictions, Broly wins.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Broly busted a galaxy, he wins smile

I stand corrected.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Movie continuity =/= anime continuity in terms of power levels.

Kento
Broli

Nemesis X
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Movie continuity =/= anime continuity in terms of power levels.

By that logic, Cell may as well win by default because he exists and Broly doesn't within the canon -_-

Estacado
Ma boi Broly smashes the robobug.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by Nemesis X
By that logic, Cell may as well win by default because he exists and Broly doesn't within the canon -_-

That... isn't following Skillz's line of logic at all. Whatsoever.

Estacado
I think Skillz said that just because Broly appeared in movie 8 doesnt mean villains after that movie were all stronger then him.

@Skillz where would you place Broly in power?

Galan007
Broly didn't destroy a galaxy outright, lol(thought I busted that myth years ago..?)

SPC wins.

cdtm
Nope, He didn't. No more then Buu did outright.

Cell should win. He would have ignored non SSJ2 Gohan and the kids.

carver9
Broli destroyed a galaxy and he wins this one.

Galan007
The south galaxy was NOT destroyed. I've debunked this myth a few times in the past(at least 5 or 6 different times when carver has feigned stupidity), but I guess I'll do so again...

Firstly, how do we explain Movie 8's opening sequence, in which the south galaxy seems to disappear? Simple: we refer back to King Kaio's statement immediately following that scene in the original(and most canon) Japanese-dub of the film...

Kaio: "The Southern Galaxy has fallen under Super Saiyan attack!" Which means it was just being 'attacked'; not that it was literally 'destroyed'.

Kaio later tells Goku: "First go check the Southern Galaxy..." Which means it was still there for him to 'check'.

Paragus later states: " is wreaking havoc all over an area of the Southern Galaxy with his fearsome power." Which means that just a SINGLE PORTION of the Galaxy was being attacked -- NOT the entire thing.

Anyway, while Goku was IT'ing through the south galaxy, we saw him streaking past a multitude of stars:
http://i.imgur.com/EmEQuXm.jpg
If stars were left intact, the galaxy was NOT destroyed.

Once Goku arrived on one of the planets in the south galaxy that Broly caused surface-level damage to, not only do we see another INTACT planet in the background, but we also see multiple stars in the background as well:
http://i.imgur.com/RvAyhIA.jpg
If planets and stars were left intact, the galaxy was NOT destroyed.

This is a screen-cap taken just before Comet Camori strikes New Vegeta(which, again, is IN the south galaxy):
http://i.imgur.com/cwZv4H8.jpg
Innumerable stars in the background+the planet itself. If planets and stars were left intact, the galaxy was NOT destroyed.

...And this is all secondary to that fact that IF Broly destroyed the south galaxy, he would have had to do so as a RESTRAINED-SSJ(which was the most powerful form he could assume while being mind-controlled by Paragus), because he was NEVER able to access LSSJ until he battled the Z fighters toward the end of the film. This is important because Goku was able to contend equally with restrained-SSJ Broly as a BASE-level Saiyan -- so if restrained-SSJ Broly is a galaxy-buster, then you must be prepared to call BASE-level Goku a galaxy-buster as well, considering they were equals.

...And given that even as of BoG, BASE-level Goku was still sub-Freeza-level, I find it quite laughable to assume that he(and/or those in that tier) was a bonafide galactic power... Especially YEARS earlier(during Movie 8/Cell-era), when he would have logically been much weaker.

#DemFacts

TheBadguy
Didn't read

Broly popped a galaxy, key word being most of it, where he was most mostly intact
But broly lost to less than Cell lost too because plot gave him that stab wound weakness that always gets exploited. Hard to say definitively because with broly losing to chumps him and cell have pretty even feats in my opinion. If they fought cell would probably be smart enough to poke him in his stab wound too

Galan007
It's okay. Carver has ignored the facts I listed above numerous times. May as well add you to the same list. thumb up

Suffice to say: Broly didn't destroy "most of a galaxy", but you don't care about facts so I'll save my breath. thumb up x2

Estacado
I dont know why you make these long posts....nobody reads them and it takes most of the screen space....uhuh

Galan007
Yes, people who tend to conveniently overlook facts and context typically do ignore posts that are full of facts and context... That's why carver won't respond to said post again, for example(he's tried to pretend like those fact don't exist for YEARS now.) I get it. thumb up

Being wrong is a painful pill to swallow for some... DB-cock goes down SO much smoother. ermmhappy

One Big Mob
Originally posted by Estacado
I dont know why you make these long posts....nobody reads them and it takes most of the screen space....uhuh Right in my heart.

Mendax
yeah brolly definitely didnt destroy a galaxy.

curious why most think Cell wins tho? seems like brolly was implied to be alot stronger IMO. confused

Estacado
Originally posted by One Big Mob
Right in my heart.
It's really painful when you wanna get to the point and you see these long ass posts and it takes like 5-6 seconds just to scroll through them even without reading....uhuh

Galan007
Esta is a one word sentence kind of guy. Any post that provides an in-depth rational/logic is "painful" for him, because he hates scrolling.

...You must LOATHE bran, then. thumb up

Damborgson
Originally posted by Mendax
yeah brolly definitely didnt destroy a galaxy.

curious why most think Cell wins tho? seems like brolly was implied to be alot stronger IMO. confused

Just given the savage beating he laid down on Gohan who was > perfect cell slightly, I cant see Cell having grown so much stronger than he'd beat Broly.

Estacado
Originally posted by Galan007
Esta is a one word sentence kind of guy. Any post that provides an in-depth rational/logic is "painful" for him, because he hates scrolling.

...You must LOATHE bran, then. thumb up
thumb up

I like to call him One Long Scroll.

I bet each time he makes a post he get's the "you have reached the maximum amount of letters included in a single post" text.

Galan007
Originally posted by Mendax
curious why most think Cell wins tho? seems like brolly was implied to be alot stronger IMO. confused SPC was around the level of Cell-era SSJ2 Gohan, give or take.

LSSJ Broly was ultimately killed by Goku, after he absorbed the ki of Vegeta+Gohan+Trunks+Piccolo. That may sound like a lot of ki at first, but keep in mind that every single one of them(inc. Goku himself) was VASTLY weakened at the time, thanks to the beating Broly had given them beforehand -- Vegeta/Gohan/Trunks were SO beaten and weak, for example, that they had all reverted to their BASE-levels, and could barely even retain consciousness when they gave their remaining ki to Goku... But again: Goku, with the power of 4 almost entirely depleted Z Fighters, was enough for him to ONE-SHOT-KILL Broly... Which means he was a LOT more powerful.

So imo, SPC ~/> Movie 8 SSJ Goku(amped) >> LSSJ Broly. Ergo Cell wins.

Originally posted by Damborgson
Just given the savage beating he laid down on Gohan who was > perfect cell slightly, I cant see Cell having grown so much stronger than he'd beat Broly. It was never stated that SSJ Gohan was more powerful than Cell, though. Rather, Goku had seen Gohan's potential(ie. SSJ2) when they trained together in the RoSaT, and that is the power he was touting as greater than Cell's... But Goku also knew that an actual fight with Cell was the only way to draw-out Gohan's potential, which is why he opted for them to exit the RoSaT early, and also why he put Gohan in the ring against Cell after himself.

One Big Mob
thumb up

I like to call him One Long Scroll.

I bet each time he makes a post he get's the "you have reached the maximum amount of letters included in a single post" text. The maximum limit is actually about 9700-9800 characters. I write all my posts in the quote section on this site so I can see how much I have to seperate at the end.
I used to waste posts trying to send them too long sometimes and the back button wouldn't have saved what I wrote.

Now it's just incredibly easy to limit break, just like Goku.

Estacado
"Limit Breaker Bran" or " Post Breaker Bran" or "Ultra Branstinct". thumb up

Theme song when typing.....

JDVK2Id2uAc

One Big Mob
thumb up

Also this is Broly at his most powerful. Which would seem to be whatever numbered movie that was. Movie 10?

Galan007
thumb up

Also this is Broly at his most powerful. Which would seem to be whatever numbered movie that was. Movie 10? Okay, cool. Didn't see that stip. thumb up

Daizenshuu 6 says that Broly is more powerful in Movie 10 than he was in Movie 8. How much more powerful is the real question.

All we know is that Boo-era SSJ2 Gohan(I'm assuming he was SSJ2 because there'd be no reason to hold back) was able to put up a minimal fight against M10 Broly, but was ultimately trounced. However, Boo-era Gohan was stated to be "a LOT" weaker than Cell-era Gohan, so he's not a good measuring stick at all.

The only other information to consider is the final beam-struggle: a weakened SSJ2(presumably) Gohan + SSJ Goku + SSJ Goten seem to be getting overpowered by Broly's beam... Then kid Trunks pulls some wacky "power of hope" shit from the sidelines that I still don't understand to this day... Then the aforementioned three completely overwhelm Broly's beam, and kill him again.

...But tbh, I could easily see SPC giving those three just as much of an issue with his final Kamehameha(if not overpowering them entirely), so again: probably not the best measuring stick.

That said, I'd probably still be inclined to side with Cell, as I believe he was generally intended to be > SSJ2 Gohan(barring Gohan's final 'dig deep' moment, of course.) And that's a level I just can't put Broly on if we look solely at his showings.

Maybe I'm missing something, though..? srug

One Big Mob
SS2 Teen Gohan was supposed to be half power in his Cell beam battle.

Adult Gohan was supposed to be half as strong as he was as a teen.

Which makes them equal-ish or should at the end beam struggle. It also makes both SS2s around Teen SS1 level...

The difference makers are Gohan digging deep in teen form which pushed him above his full SS2 power
And Goten/Goku helping out. Goten should have been about half as strong as SS1 Gohan as a kid. Goku was likely operating as 1.5 times SS1 Gohan at that point in time, or at least a little above him.

Trunks seems to have blocked Broly from pouring more power into his attack... I don't know, the explosion kept swallowing up continued attempts or something, and they kept exploding just out of reach of hitting his ball?

Damborgson

It was never stated that SSJ Gohan was more powerful than Cell, though. Rather, Goku had seen Gohan's potential(ie. SSJ2) when they trained together in the RoSaT, and that is the power he was touting as greater than Cell's... But Goku also knew that an actual fight with Cell was the only way to draw-out Gohan's potential, which is why he opted for them to exit the RoSaT early, and also why he put Gohan in the ring against Cell after himself.

No, I mean that Adult Gohan was still slightly stronger than Cell.

Goku compared Dabra to Cell, then later on in the fight realized he was slightly tougher than Cell, and he seemed about even with Gohan.

On the other hand, Gohan fought Broly and got wrecked.

Could SPC be stronger? Maybe, but I'd need to see more than losing to one armed SSJ2 Teen Gohan.

StiltmanFTW

On the other hand, Gohan fought Broly and got wrecked.

Who didn't get wrecked by Broly? laughing out loud

Galan007
SS2 Teen Gohan was supposed to be half power in his Cell beam battle. ...Then Gohan unleashed a beam that was WAY more powerful than anything he was capable of generating beforehand(even prior to his injury)...WAY more powerful than what SPC(who was albeit distracted) was generating...By digging deep. Certainly the Father/Son Kamehameha isn't the level SSJ2 Gohan operated at normally. It was a one-off.

No, I mean that Adult Gohan was still slightly stronger than Cell.

Goku compared Dabra to Cell, then later on in the fight realized he was slightly tougher than Cell, and he seemed about even with Gohan. Goku was definitely comparing Dabra to 'Perfect' Cell -- not 'Super' Perfect Cell. This would be more in line with Goku's characterization, as he had personally fought 'Perfect' Cell, thus would be more apt to use him as a direct comparison for Dabra.

Aside from that, if Dabra were indeed on par with SPC, it would imply that SSJ2 teen Gohan was actually >>> SPC on average. Hell, it would imply that teen Gohan could have at least contended with SPC as a SSJ1(SSJ2 was 'only' a 2x amp, remember)... But we know that was obviously NOT the case as Gohan couldn't even match your standard Perfect Cell as SSJ1, ffs. And there are a few more tidbits as well...

1.) Cell had already sensed SSJ2 Gohan's power. Simply put: Cell would NOT have returned to earth looking for a rematch with SSJ2 Gohan, if he didn't think that his post-zenkai power was AT LEAST on par with Gohan's -- he would have just nuked earth from space and been done with it(lets not act like cheap ass kamikaze attacks are beneath him, lol.)

2.) SPC was confident that he could now beat SSJ2 Gohan, despite having literally *just* gotten utterly shit-stomped by him. As mentioned above: it's doubtful that Cell would have been so sure of himself if it weren't accurate.

3.) It's possible that SPC wouldn't have even been able to harm SSJ2 Gohan at all with one of his lower-level beams if their powers weren't AT LEAST equal. Granted, Gohan didn't try to block the attack, but he definitely wasn't unprepared for it either.

4.) SPC was clearly intended to have 'evolved' to SSJ2-level, as evident by his post-resurrection aura(which was identical to that of Gohan's.)
SSJ2 Gohan's aura
SPC's aura
So it stands to reason that SPC could have very well been > SSJ2 Gohan, just as Perfect Cell was > SSJ1 Gohan.

Suffice to say, if a vastly weaker Boo-era Gohan was able to stalemate Dabra, then he definitely wasn't SPC-level. Not even close.

So I'll ask again: what has M10 Broly done to legitimately warrant being superior to SPC-level power? Nothing I've seen puts him in that tier, but it IS possible that I'm missing some key piece of information..? mmm

One Big Mob
...Then Gohan unleashed a beam that was WAY more powerful than anything he was capable of generating beforehand(even prior to his injury)...WAY more powerful than what SPC(who was albeit distracted) was generating...By digging deep. Certainly the Father/Son Kamehameha isn't the level SSJ2 Gohan operated at normally. It was a one-off.

Yeah, I said that.

If we say it was I don't know... it was a SS1 above SS2 level you can get a comparison out of it.

2.5 SS1 let's say for the Father Son
2.5 SS1 for the Family

.05 for Goten
1 for SS2 Gohan
1 for SS1 Goku (even though he should be way higher by this point in time)

It should be around the same power level. Only they were still getting overpowered by Broly.

srug

Galan007
I'm not following your calcs there.

What I'm saying is that SPC was, by all accounts, no less than equal to SSJ2 teen Gohan(in all likelihood more powerful if he truly ascended to SSJ2.) Even though SPC was distracted by Vegeta when Gohan struck, the Father/Son Kamehameha was still FAR more powerful than him. For all we know, said beam could have been approaching SSJ3-levels of power(which makes even more sense if we follow the "2-3x differences in power allow one character to stomp another character" line of 'logic' established in the very same arc.)

Do I think Movie 10 Goku+Gohan+Goten were cranking out that much power against Broly? Not really. /shrug

Yamcha
I was always under the impression Cell would win, even including the (zenkai boosted?) Broly that Gohan fights.

That's if we just include the movies though, in other media of course there's stronger versions of him. Such as that db heroes manga where he's SSJ4 or that 4D ride/short film shit where "Broly God" was a thing

AppVvpNLVk4

I don't think any of that counts though lol.

One Big Mob
I'm not following your calcs there.

What I'm saying is that SPC was, by all accounts, no less than equal to SSJ2 teen Gohan(in all likelihood more powerful if he truly ascended to SSJ2.) Even though SPC was distracted by Vegeta when Gohan struck, the Father/Son Kamehameha was still FAR more powerful than him. For all we know, said beam could have been approaching SSJ3-levels of power(which makes even more sense if we follow the "2-3x differences in power allow one character to stomp another character" line of 'logic' established in the very same arc.)

Do I think Movie 10 Goku+Gohan+Goten were cranking out that much power against Broly? Not really. /shrug I'm saying that if his sudden boost pushed him up to 3 times SS1 (power of beam not included), then it's still feasible that the Goku clan could have matched his power (power of beam again not included).

Broly was also completely ****ed once it hit him... mind you he wasn't pushing more power into his attack at the time.

Seems like the same thing to me, and you can conceivably put the family on the same level of power as SS2. They were also 'pushing their limits' as well. It was a repeat.

Goku by himself was pretty powerful at that stage, plus pushing his limits along with Gohan and Goten.

I think they can do do anything a SS2 Teen Gohan can do in other words. And they should be powerful enough to do anything he can do.

Galan007
I don't know exactly how powerful SSJ1 Goku was then. More powerful than he was in the Cell Games, but not substantially imo... Gohan was "a LOT" weaker overall, and SSJ1 Goten was equal to SSJ1 Gohan. Also keep in mind that Gohan and Goten were significantly weakened, thanks to the beatdown Broly had given them earlier in the Movie. What I'm saying is: they were likely far weaker than you're giving them credit for. /shrug

I dunno, I have my doubts that those three could match SSJ2 teen Gohan's Father/Son Kamehameha, tbh(like I mentioned above: that beam could have very well been approaching SSJ3-levels of power)... But it doesn't matter. Like you said: the energy within their combined attack was powerful enough to kill Broly either way. /shrug

One Big Mob
Everyone was weakened except Goku, Broly and Cell. Hell Gohan was half powered and couldn't use an arm and he overpowered someone more than twice his power. I'm just saying Goku could help close that weakness, especially when all 3 are unleashing their limits. Gohan should still have the potential, a pissed of Goku protecting his family definitely gets a raise, and Goten is useless but gets something.

Which is why I'm saying that even if Gohan from half power got up to a 3 times boost which would put his power above Cell's by a lot, they should be able to match that even without factoring in limit breakers. Cell's own power also got blasted back into him as well which would help disintegrate him. All Gohan really has to be is a decent degree above Cell and all that power including Cell's own power should do the rest.

It becomes messier than it should assuming blast levels. Which is why it'd be more reasonable to look at the context of what happened between the beam struggles as opposed to assuming one is way above the other. I personally think the family one is above the father son, you think the opposite. Not getting anywhere.

If you assume the blasts to be of equal power, do Broly or Cell come off looking better in this case? That was my original point or where I was going.

Ridley_Prime
It's still hard for me to take Dabura as seriously anymore (in comparison to Cell) when future Trunks solo'd him in his timeline and he wasn't even shown as SSJ2 at that point yet, although I guess that Dabura could've been weaker in that time like 17 and 18 were for all we know. /shrug Still, it kinda strengthens the notion for me that if Gohan still had all his fighting senses at the time, he would've stomped Dabura, even whilst being weaker than his Cell Games era self.

With Cell and Broly, there's never really been a majority consensus, which is kinda why the topic has been around as long as it has. While Broly's power continuously grows, Cell could also zenkai his way to victory, so I guess it depends on who you think has the higher ceiling cap/limit.

Estacado
Not to be an ass but htf does father/son kamehameha from a half dead 1 armed Gohan even compare to Ssj3 power?

TheBadguy
It's okay. Carver has ignored the facts I listed above numerous times. May as well add you to the same list. thumb up

Suffice to say: Broly didn't destroy "most of a galaxy", but you don't care about facts so I'll save my breath. thumb up x2

laughing agree to disagree...i think we had this debate years ago lol i dont care enough anymore

I do still think Cell probably wins off smarts if nothing else

One Big Mob
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
It's still hard for me to take Dabura as seriously anymore (in comparison to Cell) when future Trunks solo'd him in his timeline and he wasn't even shown as SSJ2 at that point yet, although I guess that Dabura could've been weaker in that time like 17 and 18 were for all we know. /shrug Still, it kinda strengthens the notion for me that if Gohan still had all his fighting senses at the time, he would've stomped Dabura, even whilst being weaker than his Cell Games era self.

With Cell and Broly, there's never really been a majority consensus, which is kinda why the topic has been around as long as it has. While Broly's power continuously grows, Cell could also zenkai his way to victory, so I guess it depends on who you think has the higher ceiling cap/limit. Pretty sure Trunks only beat Dabura because he learned SS2. They just animated his hair like shit.

In the Manga he for sure beat him as SS2 after training on Supreme Kai's world with the Z Sword

Ridley_Prime
Pretty sure Trunks only beat Dabura because he learned SS2. They just animated his hair like shit.

In the Manga he for sure beat him as SS2 after training on Supreme Kai's world with the Z Sword
After looking at it again, the SSJ2 aura and spark wasn't there like the other times Trunks assumed the form in DBS. However, I realized I had forgotten that Toei was inconsistent with the SSJ2 sparks, which was also the case with Gohan vs Dabura in the anime apparently (where it looked like Gohan was just SSJ1), or even in the Broly movie 10 where the sparks weren't there with adult Gohan either iirc, but the DBS manga version of the Trunks vs Dabura/Babidi flashback showed the sparks, like the manga version of Gohan vs Dabura (iirc), so yay for consistency there still as expected.

That's pretty much what Trunks did before facing Dabura in his timeline; trained with the Z-sword under Supreme Kai, but yeah, Z-sword Gohan would've beaten Dabura as well.

Galan007
If you assume the blasts to be of equal power, do Broly or Cell come off looking better in this case? That was my original point or where I was going. Assuming the blasts were equal? I'm honestly not sure.

Though I do feel confident that SPC could survive, regenerate, and possibly zenkai, even IF Broly managed to overpower his beam slightly. /shrug

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
so I guess it depends on who you think has the higher ceiling cap/limit. Given what we've seen Goku, Vegeta, and Freeza do in DBS(all of whom are incorporated in Cell), is that really even a question anymore? confused

Not to be an ass but htf does father/son kamehameha from a half dead 1 armed Gohan even compare to Ssj3 power? Because it easily overpowered a version of Cell who was logically no less than equal to SSJ2 teen Gohan in general(likely even more powerful.) And if you go with the logic established in the Cell saga itself, that 2-3x differences in power allow you to easily overpower your opponent, then Gohan's beam could have very well been *approaching*(not equal to, mind you) SSJ3-levels. Again, though: it was a one-off that only happened in a moment of extreme duress/need... Much like UI, actually. /shrug

Anywho, Gohan literally coined the phrase "surpassing your limits". Not sure why you'd be surprised by him digging deep like that..?

cdtm
Just given the savage beating he laid down on Gohan who was > perfect cell slightly, I cant see Cell having grown so much stronger than he'd beat Broly.

Goku beat him via an amp off a group of exhausted SSJ's.

We saw what exhaustion could do to JIREN. I doubt Goku was anywhere near limit breaker Gohan.

juggerman
Man idk what this argument is about really. Broly wins and easily too. His power is maximum! That's canon. Galan is just trying to wank Cell but we all know a galaxy buster is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> an alleged solar system buster. Hashtagfacts b!tch

But seriously Cell wins. Even if you assume they are even in power, or that Broly can slightly edge Cell in power, Cell is WAY smarter and has a variety of abilities at his disposal. Can you say solar flare + SBC or D Disc? Endgame. Not to mention the regen. I like Broly better but Cell is a mother f*cker

Estacado
Originally posted by juggerman
Man idk what this argument is about really. Broly wins and easily too. His power is maximum! That's canon. Galan is just trying to wank Cell but we all know a galaxy buster is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> an alleged solar system buster. Hashtagfacts b!tch

But seriously Cell wins. Even if you assume they are even in power, or that Broly can slightly edge Cell in power, Cell is WAY smarter and has a variety of abilities at his disposal. Can you say solar flare + SBC or D Disc? Endgame. Not to mention the regen. I like Broly better but Cell is a mother f*cker
Even if they are even in power Broly will keep getting stronger as the fight goes on....

cdtm
Again, Goku found his limit.

Even if he does keep growing in power, that assumes no limits.

Estacado
Goku had plot helping him though.....

Cell wont have the luxury of getting energy from 4 other people....neither does he grow in power while fighting as he was drained after taking FPSSJ kamehameha to the face and had to eat senzu to recover...

Galan007
^ SPC doesn't need extra energy to win. That's the difference.

Also, the next time Cell was blown to smithereens(ie. when he kamikaze'd) he came back with a HUGE powerup. If we're playing the no-limits fallacy game, then the WORST thing Broly could do here is injure Cell.

Originally posted by juggerman
But seriously Cell wins. Even if you assume they are even in power, or that Broly can slightly edge Cell in power, Cell is WAY smarter and has a variety of abilities at his disposal. Can you say solar flare + SBC or D Disc? Endgame. Not to mention the regen. I like Broly better but Cell is a mother f*cker He's got IT as well. smile

cdtm
And multi-Kienzans.

Let's see that slow arsed tank dodge one of those.

juggerman
Even if they are even in power Broly will keep getting stronger as the fight goes on....

Not how it works though.....

He's got IT as well. smile

I call hax!

SSJGGogeta
Okay, cool. Didn't see that stip. thumb up

Daizenshuu 6 says that Broly is more powerful in Movie 10 than he was in Movie 8. How much more powerful is the real question.

All we know is that Boo-era SSJ2 Gohan(I'm assuming he was SSJ2 because there'd be no reason to hold back) was able to put up a minimal fight against M10 Broly, but was ultimately trounced. However, Boo-era Gohan was stated to be "a LOT" weaker than Cell-era Gohan, so he's not a good measuring stick at all.

The only other information to consider is the final beam-struggle: a weakened SSJ2(presumably) Gohan + SSJ Goku + SSJ Goten seem to be getting overpowered by Broly's beam... Then kid Trunks pulls some wacky "power of hope" shit from the sidelines that I still don't understand to this day... Then the aforementioned three completely overwhelm Broly's beam, and kill him again.

...But tbh, I could easily see SPC giving those three just as much of an issue with his final Kamehameha(if not overpowering them entirely), so again: probably not the best measuring stick.

That said, I'd probably still be inclined to side with Cell, as I believe he was generally intended to be > SSJ2 Gohan(barring Gohan's final 'dig deep' moment, of course.) And that's a level I just can't put Broly on if we look solely at his showings.

Maybe I'm missing something, though..? srug

Goku was SSJ2 during that beam struggle.

Movie 10 Broly >>> Super Perfect Cell

Galan007
laughing out loud

Why in god's green earth would you ever assume he was SSJ2 against Broly?

This is how SSJ2 Goku was actually portrayed in the anime:
https://i.imgur.com/RThTOofm.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/uGZBj4Dm.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/Maon0Tx.gif

*Note the presence of sparks/lightning, along with very defined/spikey hair. Clearly SSJ2.

This is how Goku was portrayed in M10:
https://i.imgur.com/SuDEvThm.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/HvJCPWvm.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/tsjSvvEm.jpg

*Note the lack of sparks/lightning, and much less defined/spikey hair. Clearly SSJ1.

One Big Mob
The last little push had his hair go up. That's probably what he was talking about.

Also SS2 is easily the best looking transformation. At least in Goku anyway.

Galan007
You mean when Goku's hair was blowing all over the place from the energies colliding and whatnot? Christ I hope not, because that'd be one hell of an asspull... Even for him.

I've never seen anyone else on the interweb dig THAT deep for Broly, tbh.

One Big Mob
srug

cdtm
SSJ2 is the best look, that's for sure. For Goku and Gohan.

Vegeta was best as ultra SSJ.

SSJGGogeta
laughing out loud

Why in god's green earth would you ever assume he was SSJ2 against Broly?

This is how SSJ2 Goku was actually portrayed in the anime:
https://i.imgur.com/RThTOofm.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/uGZBj4Dm.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/Maon0Tx.gif

*Note the presence of sparks/lightning, along with very defined/spikey hair. Clearly SSJ2.

This is how Goku was portrayed in M10:
https://i.imgur.com/SuDEvThm.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/HvJCPWvm.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/tsjSvvEm.jpg

*Note the lack of sparks/lightning, and much less defined/spikey hair. Clearly SSJ1.

Hm, apparently my recollection of that scene was a little off. Anyways, as OBM said, Goku's hair changed during the final sequence of that scene. That's what I was referring to. I realize that there was still no lightning, but IIRC, there wasn't any lightning when Gohan went SSJ2 either, in that movie.

Regardless, even assuming that final scene was Goku going SSJ2, that doesn't mean that Broly is anywhere near Goku's SSJ2 level, since they immediately dominated his blast and shot Broly into the sun.

I guess I don't know though, it's always just been my opinion that Broly was more impressive than SP Cell. Broly casually ragdolled SSJ2 adult Gohan, who should have still been at least around the level of Super Perfect Cell. I definitely couldn't see SPC ragdolling him like Broly did.

Galan007
Goku definitely wasn't SSJ2 there. I've watched that end scene several times now, and I still can't figure out what you are talking about..? Goku's SSJ hair stays the exact same during the entire scene -- it never went 'up' in some sort of distinct SSJ2-esque manner. Perhaps you *thought* that was the case in your recollection of the scene, but that was likely just because Goku's hair was blowing wildly in the winds generated by his beam-struggle with Broly. In any case, he was most definitely SSJ1 the entire time.

Anywho, the Broly vs. SPC debate is an age-old argument that has popped up a number of times on pretty much ANY anime forum on the interweb. I don't expect that any sort of consensus will ever be reached, unless a DB figurehead literally comes out an makes a official statement that one is superior to the other. /shrug

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.