Is Rey's midi-chlorian count higher than Anakin's?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Abonis
I know Anakin's is the highest ever recorded because he was the son of the Force, but the TLJ novelization said Rey is the manifestation of the Cosmic Force. Is it possible, her count is around 30,000 which is why she learnt the Force INCREDIBLY fast?

Nephthys
Yes, absolutely.

Galan007
In a recent issue of Insider, Rey was stated to be another 'Chosen One' of the cosmic force, much like Anakin was.

I'd assume her midichlorian count is *at least* equal to his, but in all likelihood even greater.

DarthAnt66
Quote?

Galan007
I'll post it when I get home tomorrow. At work today.

DarthAnt66
Kk. FWI, I don't think "The Chosen One" and "chosen one" is the same thing, if that's the statement.

Galan007
thumb up

I first saw the quote a few months back, and the context was essentially that Rey was selected by the cosmic force to become its new 'Chosen One'/champion, in the same vein as Anakin, in order to combat the overwhelming darkness that had emerged in the galaxy.

It was from an issue of Insider. I'll find the excerpt and post it here tomorrow.

Rebel95
Originally posted by Galan007
thumb up

I first saw the quote a few months back, and the context was essentially that Rey was selected by the cosmic force to become its new 'Chosen One'/champion, in the same vein as Anakin, in order to combat the overwhelming darkness that had emerged in the galaxy.

It was from an issue of Insider. I'll find the excerpt and post it here tomorrow.
Cool, nice find. Now I wonder if Kylo's count would be the same.

The Ellimist
Originally posted by Galan007
I'd assume her midichlorian count is *at least* equal to his, but in all likelihood even greater.

That is so cancerous I'm just going to strike it out of my head-canon.

Rebel95
I don't think it would be greater, probably equal

DarthAnt66
Nah. Anakin was outright conceived by the Force and doesn't have a father. For Rey, it just seems like the Force chose her to maintain the balance the Chosen One created.

I'd liken Rey more to the Daughter (and Kylo as the Son) than the Father (Anakin).

I don't think Star Wars Insider has the authority to make uber important calls on this anyway.

relentless1
i love the theory going around that Anakins creation wasn't the will of the Force and neither is his bloodline; they are an aberration much like Smith was for the Matrix and always destined to keep the Force out of balance hence Rey is actually the chosen one by the Force to eradicate the Skywlker bloodline from existence and bring true balance

Nephthys
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Nah. Anakin was outright conceived by the Force and doesn't have a father. For Rey, it just seems like the Force chose her to maintain the balance the Chosen One created.

I'd liken Rey more to the Daughter (and Kylo as the Son) than the Father (Anakin).

I don't think Star Wars Insider has the authority to make uber important calls on this anyway.

It's more like how Revan described the Hero, I'd say. Not an immaculate birth Force Jesus, but a person destined to save the galaxy.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by Nephthys
It's more like how Revan described the Hero, I'd say. Not an immaculate birth Force Jesus, but a person destined to save the galaxy.
Then clearly her midichlorian count isn't higher than one "conceived by the midichlorians."

Galan007
This is the quote I was thinking of:
"Like the Chosen One before her, Rey remains unaware of her greater importance as an 'agent' of the cosmic force -- an agent with the ability to bring much-needed balance to the galaxy."

I originally thought that quote was made by Abrams or Johnson, but it turns out that it was written by Tricia Barr(who is the co-author of a few SW Encyclopedias/Guidebooks)... So it holds more weight than some random blogger at Insider, but likely not enough weight to make it irrefutable canon by itself.

But yeah, that's what I was talking about either way. thumb up

Nephthys
Then clearly her midichlorian count isn't higher than one "conceived by the midichlorians."

well yeah duh

Zentrex
I don't think the sequels want to acknowledge the existence of midi-chlorians, considering the massive overreaction to them.

As far as being powerful goes, that's kind of a different topic all together. She's powerful because she is Kylo's equal in the light side, and thus must be as powerful as him (I don't get it either). She plays a similar role in the story of star wars, bringing balance to the force when it was unbalanced, but that doesn't say anything about her power.

NewGuy01
Yes, absolutely.

well yeah duh

The Merchant
Nah.

Freedon Nadd
So what?

Freedon Nadd

Dooku is Anakin's father. A young Dooku went on Naboo and had love with a woman. The woman said she was pregnant and Dooku sent her on Tatooine and sold her to Watto.

relentless1
Originally posted by Freedon Nadd
Dooku is Anakin's father. A young Dooku went on Naboo and had love with a woman. The woman said she was pregnant and Dooku sent her on Tatooine and sold her to Watto.

nah, Sidious was all up in Shmi from day one; busted a nut in her gut laughing

Freedon Nadd
Spoilers: Palpatine is the nuts!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.