ROTS novel implies Palpatine's cunning skills>his power in the Dark Side

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Freedon Nadd

DarthAnt66
Palpatine quotes DEBUNKED (18+ - GONE WILD)

JKBart
given that Krayt was infinitely more successful than Palpatine... hmm

Kurk
Being a master manipulator > Being uber powerful in the force

Nephthys
Originally posted by JKBart
given that Krayt was infinitely more successful than Palpatine... hmm

Not as a political manipulator.

darthbane77
I mean yeah, it's not like Sidious isn't the greatest politician in SW history or anything.

The Ellimist
Nice Palpatine wank

Freedon Nadd
Originally posted by Kurk
Being a master manipulator > Being uber powerful in the force

You know exactly where I am shooting at. Don't Az it with me. Happy Dance smile

Freedon Nadd
Originally posted by darthbane77
I mean yeah, it's not like Sidious isn't the greatest politician in SW history or anything.

You know exactly what I mean(referring to Palpatine's absolute accolades)

Freedon Nadd
Originally posted by The Ellimist
Nice Palpatine wank

Don't ever insult me that way. I am not like Azronger. You know what I mean with this thread.

darthbane77
Originally posted by Freedon Nadd
You know exactly what I mean(referring to Palpatine's absolute accolades) Eh, I appreciate the attempt, but this seems like reaching to me.

Freedon Nadd
What is reaching more exactly? The fact that an official source implies that a lot of Palpatine's wank comes more from his position as a cunning Sith Lord and not as someone who is undeniably strong in the Force?

Zentrex
I believe it. And Palpatine most certainly WAS the greatest politial mind, or just the most emotionally intelligent in general in galactic history. He was the most powerful darksider to ever live, but that was just the kind of thing he fell back on when his incredible genius failed him. And it rarely did.

And as for Krayt, he was more successful because his job was easier.

darthbane77
What is reaching more exactly? The fact that an official source implies that a lot of Palpatine's wank comes more from his position as a cunning Sith Lord and not as someone who is undeniably strong in the Force? The quote doesn't prove anything though, all it does is say he was better in politics than he was with the Force. This in no way implies that Sidious is any less powerful than he's been believed to be, as he still has feats and scaling inarguably putting him above all Sith except except for arguably Vitiate and Nihilus.

Sinious

Freedon Nadd
Originally posted by Zentrex
I believe it. And Palpatine most certainly WAS the greatest politial mind, or just the most emotionally intelligent in general in galactic history. He was the most powerful darksider to ever live, but that was just the kind of thing he fell back on when his incredible genius failed him. And it rarely did.

And as for Krayt, he was more successful because his job was easier.

What? Are you joking with me?

The text clearly implies that Palpatine's superiority over other Sith Lords comes (a lot more) from his political abilities rather than his power in the Force. Hence you have: '(...)might dwarf even the power of the dark side itself.'

I am not denying his power compared to Siths like Bane or Zannah. But it's evident that his absolute accolades don't only make reference to his power in the Force alone but rather a mix of Force knowledge, Force power, and political power.

Freedon Nadd
Originally posted by darthbane77
The quote doesn't prove anything though, all it does is say he was better in politics than he was with the Force. This in no way implies that Sidious is any less powerful than he's been believed to be, as he still has feats and scaling inarguably putting him above all Sith except except for arguably Vitiate and Nihilus.

It says: 'dwarf'. You know the definition of 'dwarf'. The text plainly implies that a lot of his hype is also (mostly) resultant of his political power in comparision to other Sith Lords.

His (major) feats are kind of debateable, to be honest.

Freedon Nadd
The Palpatine wank is ironic.

darthbane77
It says: 'dwarf'. You know the definition of 'dwarf'. The text plainly implies that a lot of his hype is also (mostly) resultant of his political power in comparision to other Sith Lords.

His (major) feats are kind of debateable, to be honest. The statement that his political ability dwarfs his ability in the Force doesn't have any real effect on Sidious' power in the Force. It literally only means he's even better at manipulation than he is with the Force, that's all it means, there's no other meaning,

Freedon Nadd
I am not saying this statement makes him less strong-er in the Force for god's sake. I am saying that this fragment implies that a lot of his hype as Sith MVP comes from his political power.

The_Tempest
Well technically the text is arguing that Palpatine's cunning > the dark side itself.

Sinious
The Palpatine wank is ironic. Your retarded attempt at Sheev lowballing turning into more Sheev wank is indeed ironic. AP must be proud of the trend it started.

Azronger
Originally posted by Sinious
Your retarded attempt at Sheev lowballing turning into more Sheev wank is indeed ironic. AP must be proud of the trend it started.

thumb up

I think AP inadvertendly cursed all the anti-Sheev arguments to have the opposite effect to what was intended. Hence why every single Failkorion crusade is ultimately doomed to fail, no matter what, kinda like the character himself. The only reason we allow them is because Sheev benefits from the arguments they make for us.

AP might honestly be our greatest asset in modern times.

darthbane77
I am not saying this statement makes him less strong-er in the Force for god's sake. I am saying that this fragment implies that a lot of his hype as Sith MVP comes from his political power. An assumption which requires that we make yet another assumption, the assumption that every single Sidious GOAT quote is referring as much to political power as to Force power. Which is an assumption that can't be made based on this quote alone. This is part of why I prioritize feats over quotes/accolades.

Freedon Nadd
Yes, exactly, that's what I am saying. Palpatine's absolute accolades are a mix of Force strength, Force knowledge and political power.

Freedon Nadd
Originally posted by The_Tempest
Well technically the text is arguing that Palpatine's cunning > the dark side itself.

But Palpatine also uses the dark side. This is just the novel's way of implying that Palpatine's 'absolute power' comes from his political abilities too.

Freedon Nadd
Originally posted by Sinious
Your retarded attempt at Sheev lowballing turning into more Sheev wank is indeed ironic. AP must be proud of the trend it started.

Retarded attempt would be for me to say that the text states Palpatine is the most powerful Sith only because of his political abilities.
Never said that.

Stop calling people what they aren't.

Freedon Nadd
Originally posted by Azronger
thumb up

I think AP inadvertendly cursed all the anti-Sheev arguments to have the opposite effect to what was intended. Hence why every single Failkorion crusade is ultimately doomed to fail, no matter what, kinda like the character himself. The only reason we allow them is because Sheev benefits from the arguments they make for us.

AP might honestly be our greatest asset in modern times.

Choose your words carefully, shmuck. I am no Valkorion wanker. And this text doesn't give your sperm giver any benefits.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.