Thor (IW) hits these guys.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ShadowFyre
So I've only read some spoilers and it may take a few days to answer and come back to this. But I can't wait so here it goes.

Thor hits these guys as hard as he can with Stormbreaker. Who survives? They can brace for the attack but that's it.

1. Iron Man (bleeding edge)
2. Wonder Woman
3. Hulk
4. Steppenwolf
5. Kurse
6. Superman
7. Doomsday

carthage

gauntlet o doom
Probably Doomsday seeing as it's not Kryptonite.

Rage.Of.Olympus
None, they'd all die. Easily. That scene was ridiculous. Thor almost killed the MCU equivalent of God. Thanos WITHOUT using the gems was able to beat the shit out of Hulk. Thor's throw overpowered him with a COMPLETE Gauntlet. WTF! He literally sent Thanos running. .

carthage

relentless1
Superman and Doomsday would survive with injuries, everyone else is paste

h1a8
2 on down survives

Rage you are using some faulty logic.

Thanos beating down the Hulk (we still have to see how) has nothing to do with Thanos max durability. Offense =/= max durability

The IG might not boost Thanos durability by default, unless there is evidence to support it. Even if there is evidence to support it then we can only use Thanos highest durability feat as a basis of how much his durability increased.

Silent Master
h1 hasn't even seen the movie.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by h1a8
2 on down survives

Rage you are using some faulty logic.

Thanos beating down the Hulk (we still have to see how) has nothing to do with Thanos max durability. Offense =/= max durability

The IG might not boost Thanos durability by default, unless there is evidence to support it. Even if there is evidence to support it then we can only use Thanos highest durability feat as a basis of how much his durability increased.

The hammer didn't just almost kill Thanos. Thanos with the complete IG right after attaining godhood, blasted the hammer throw with his IG.

Stormbreaker BROKE through the IG's beam stream and there was a big explosion as it shattered its defenses. After all that it STILL struck with enough force to kill Thanos if it wasn't for the IG.

Imagine if he threw it unchallenged? You could line everyone in this thread up. And the hammer would fly through them all easily.

Btw, Thanos flat out overpowered Hulk from what I remember and shrugged off his punch.

Dayman
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
None, they'd all die. Easily. That scene was ridiculous. Thor almost killed the MCU equivalent of God. Thanos WITHOUT using the gems was able to beat the shit out of Hulk. Thor's throw overpowered him with a COMPLETE Gauntlet. WTF! He literally sent Thanos running. .

Eh, that was Stormbreaker that did that. Overpowered a infinity grm blast.

Thanos could have froze time, turned him to bubbles, etc. Even though he was being stabbed, he did say basically taunt Thor, leave, and continued to successfully complete his plan.

Thanos was in control there, they just showed stormbreaker can kill Thanos.

That said, without the IG, stormbreaker can kill Thanos. That weapon was OP. Thor with stormbreaker was by no means even remotely close to IG Thanos. If Thanos was able to stop time and activate the space gem there, he could have power gemee Thor's head, turned him to bubble..etc but he taunted Thor and then completed his mission.

Thor hype is high and as my favorite hero, it was awesome to see Thor all godly. But yeah, that scene was moreso, even Thor with this weapon couldnt stop him.

That said, Thor clears out

Dayman
The hammer didn't just almost kill Thanos. Thanos with the complete IG right after attaining godhood, blasted the hammer throw with his IG.

Stormbreaker BROKE through the IG's beam stream and there was a big explosion as it shattered its defenses. After all that it STILL struck with enough force to kill Thanos if it wasn't for the IG.

Imagine if he threw it unchallenged? You could line everyone in this thread up. And the hammer would fly through them all easily.

Btw, Thanos flat out overpowered Hulk from what I remember and shrugged off his punch.

Nah. Ig did nothing for Thanos' durability. It was a universally OP weapon but it didn't DO anything to Thanos, anymore than mjolnir does to Thor. Thanos' physical strength and blunt force and cutting durability is still baseline. Even so, stormbreaker getsnmore credit than Thor in this case.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I don't think Stormbreaker is as powerful as IG but it flat out overpowered his IG beam. That's an objective fact. Thanos blasted the hammer with his gauntlet, it tore through his beam and there was a powerful bright explosion as it shattered his defenses and impaled him.

The IG let Thanos live, but he even himself said Thor would have successfully killed him if he had aimed for the head.

If Thanos could have easily killed Thor or turned him into bubbles, he wouldn't have literally run away....plus the snap spent him.

I only watched the movie once and the feat is a little silly, but Stormbreaker is supposed to be the most powerful weapon in Asgard.

h1a8

Ok well let's get to basics.
What is the IG beam concussive (push force) feats so that we can estimate how much force Stormbreaker was pushing through?

Then what's are Thanos durability feats? With and without the IG?

Things need to be quantified since most of us didn't see the movie yet.

FrothByte
Just want to say, thanks guys for using spoiler tags.

ShadowFyre
Yeah, and thanks for your input as well. Your the math wizard H1.

WolvesofBabylon
Warching in 10 minutes. Not sure how it could harm Doomsday who tanked a Nuke and Fall from Space.

Guess I'll know in a couple hours

ShadowFyre
Ww cut Doomsday just fine.

WolvesofBabylon
Wow, Changed my mind. Glad to see Thor like this

ShadowFyre
Im just saying, not sure it would kill him, but WonderWomans sword which has 0 feats cut Doomsday. But DD was pretty uber. Surtur prime, Thanos with IG, and maybe Hela or the only ones I see maybe beating him

ares834
The power levels were nonsense in the film. Obviously there is Thor throwing Stormbreaker through the beam but we also have IM making Thanos bleed or Cap stopping his hand.

Dayman
I don't think Stormbreaker is as powerful as IG but it flat out overpowered his IG beam. That's an objective fact. Thanos blasted the hammer with his gauntlet, it tore through his beam and there was a powerful bright explosion as it shattered his defenses and impaled him.

The IG let Thanos live, but he even himself said Thor would have successfully killed him if he had aimed for the head.

If Thanos could have easily killed Thor or turned him into bubbles, he wouldn't have literally run away....plus the snap spent him.

I only watched the movie once and the feat is a little silly, but Stormbreaker is supposed to be the most powerful weapon in Asgard.

we dont know how strong the beam was. His strongest beams were from the power stone, which were purple. This one wasn't purple. And instead of blasting the hammer with the beam, he could have stopped time. We don't know "why" he didnt, but he could. He was fast enough. The entire point of that scene was that they couldnt stop Thanos. You cant spin it any other way.

Inhuman
Originally posted by ares834
The power levels were nonsense in the film. Obviously there is Thor throwing Stormbreaker through the beam but we also have IM making Thanos bleed or Cap stopping his hand.

I agree on that part, Its like Bendis was writing the story.

Still enjoyed it and understand why it was done for the sake of the movie. No excuse for this thing to happen in Comics though. Fuq Bendis.

Inhuman
Originally posted by Dayman
we dont know how strong the beam was. His strongest beams were from the power stone, which were purple. This one wasn't purple. And instead of blasting the hammer with the beam, he could have stopped time. We don't know "why" he didnt, but he could. He was fast enough. The entire point of that scene was that they couldnt stop Thanos. You cant spin it any other way.

I took that whole scene (since the moment Thanos arrives on earth) as a homage to the scene in the comics were Thanos powers down and toys/kills all the heroes on that asteroid in space. Where he kills each hero in different ways.

-Pr-
Can't say I think the criticism of that is fair, tbh. The characters were already scaled down power-wise even if Thor is really starting to creep up there, and putting those people up against a comics-level gauntlet even without all the gems would get them atomised casually.

If you don't like that they were all scaled down the way they were, that's fair, but calling it Bendis-level writing is just mean. Like, really mean.

Inhuman
Originally posted by -Pr-
Can't say I think the criticism of that is fair, tbh. The characters were already scaled down power-wise even if Thor is really starting to creep up there, and putting those people up against a comics-level gauntlet even without all the gems would get them atomised casually.

If you don't like that they were all scaled down the way they were, that's fair, but calling it Bendis-level writing is just mean. Like, really mean.

Heh, I did say I understood 100% why it was done and still enjoyed it.

-Pr-
I misread then. My bad.

carthage
Kal El and Doomsday Survive

$on OF krypton
only kurse(he swatted mjlonir aside like a fly), supes and doomsday survive... supes does it comfortably.

ares834
Originally posted by -Pr-

Except the Gauntlet could still destroy a moon or kill half the population of the universe with a snap of his fingers. It may have been scaled down, but it still was absurdly powerful and should have allowed Thanos to destroy them all with a gesture.

Nephthys
Only Doomsday survives due to his regeneration.

If Wonder Woman can block the attack with her bracers then she may succeed.

KingD19

Well they call it Stormbreaker, but it's clearly Jarnbjorn, Thor's Celestial killing Axe. Aside from that though, Tony managed to make Thanos bleed after almost 2 minutes of constant high-powered attacks. And all it did was open a tiny cut on his cheek. It was pretty on the nose.

juggernaut74
Originally posted by FrothByte
Just want to say, thanks guys for using spoiler tags. Well if you don't want spoilers maybe you should stay out of a thread that has a character from the movie.

Just saying.

HulkIsHulk
They were inconsistent in CW as well. From what I can see Russos are guys who let power and competancy level be whatever be needed to move the plot forward, and change in few seconds accordingly

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
So I've only read some spoilers and it may take a few days to answer and come back to this. But I can't wait so here it goes.

Thor hits these guys as hard as he can with Stormbreaker. Who survives? They can brace for the attack but that's it.

2. Wonder Woman
3. Hulk
4. Steppenwolf
5. Kurse
6. Superman
7. Doomsday

All except Hulk, Doomsday, and Iron Man i'd say.

FrothByte
He clears. A full powered direct hit to the head would stop everyone in this list.

Josh_Alexander
He clears. A full powered direct hit to the head would stop everyone in this list.

The Nano suit could definetly take a couple of blows dude.

Doomsday could definetly take one shot. Hulk too.

FrothByte
Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
The Nano suit could definetly take a couple of blows dude.

Doomsday could definetly take one shot. Hulk too.

No it wouldn't. Not after what we saw Stormbreaker do. Besides, the nano suit's main strength was that it could morph and self-heal, not that it was impregnable.

Josh_Alexander
No it wouldn't. Not after what we saw Stormbreaker do. Besides, the nano suit's main strength was that it could morph and self-heal, not that it was impregnable.

The nano suit tanked an Asteroid, whose raw impact was INMENSE. Then it took several punches from Thanos.

Damn, the suit is several times stronger than it's predecessor. Which are already insanely durable.

Stormbreaker is insane i agree, but it won't one shot the guys i mentioned.

FrothByte
The nano suit tanked an Asteroid, whose raw impact was INMENSE. Then it took several punches from Thanos.

Damn, the suit is several times stronger than it's predecessor. Which are already insanely durable.

Stormbreaker is insane i agree, but it won't one shot the guys i mentioned.

And was it undamaged? We don't know do we? We know it took IM out from the fight for a bit and the suit could have been healing in that time. Besides, a chunk of rock isn't a sharp object like Stormbreaker is, same way Thanos' punches aren't sharp objects.

On top of that Stormbreaker powered through Thanos' IG blast, broke through his shield and then punched through his chest. We already know that Thanos' shields stood up to IM's and Strange's strongest attacks and Thanos himself was durable enough to easily catch Nebula's and Gamora's swords in his hand without injury. No way is the nanosuit armor tougher than Thanos + IG shield + IG force blast.

Josh_Alexander
And was it undamaged? We don't know do we? We know it took IM out from the fight for a bit and the suit could have been healing in that time. Besides, a chunk of rock isn't a sharp object like Stormbreaker is, same way Thanos' punches aren't sharp objects.

On top of that Stormbreaker powered through Thanos' IG blast, broke through his shield and then punched through his chest. We already know that Thanos' shields stood up to IM's and Strange's strongest attacks and Thanos himself was durable enough to easily catch Nebula's and Gamora's swords in his hand without injury. No way is the nanosuit armor tougher than Thanos + IG shield + IG force blast.

He wad out of the match because he was under a weight of thousands if not millions of tons lol.

Crossing a beam of energy doesnt prove for sharpnesd WTH. Also, Thanos was wearing a shirt dude! He wasnt wearing no armor or shield.

FrothByte
He wad out of the match because he was under a weight of thousands if not millions of tons lol.

Crossing a beam of energy doesnt prove for sharpnesd WTH. Also, Thanos was wearing a shirt dude! He wasnt wearing no armor or shield.

Guess you didn't pay attention to the movie then. Thanos was using a shield against a whole host of attacks.

And what does sharpness have to do with countering a beam of energy? It doesn't, I mentioned that to prove just how strong the force behind that strike was.

Josh_Alexander
Guess you didn't pay attention to the movie then. Thanos was using a shield against a whole host of attacks.

And what does sharpness have to do with countering a beam of energy? It doesn't, I mentioned that to prove just how strong the force behind that strike was.

Have you? Cause Thanos wasnt wearing his armor lol.

FrothByte
Have you? Cause Thanos wasnt wearing his armor lol.

SMH. Go and rewatch the movie please. Thanos was clearly using a forcefield shield in several instances.

Josh_Alexander
SMH. Go and rewatch the movie please. Thanos was clearly using a forcefield shield in several instances.

Not in that scene. And am meaning Thanos War Armor. Read my posts please.

FrothByte
Not in that scene. And am meaning Thanos War Armor. Read my posts please.

I don't care about Thanos' war armor because I never argued against you on that. But you were arguing against me about Thanos not using his shield, which in fact he was in that scene. You'll see it shimmering about a foot in front of him just behind his blast.

Josh_Alexander
I don't care about Thanos' war armor because I never argued against you on that. But you were arguing against me about Thanos not using his shield, which in fact he was in that scene. You'll see it shimmering about a foot in front of him just behind his blast.

Prove that Thanos used an Energy shield on that Scene. Cause he was focused on shooting at Thor more than at dodging ot blocking the strike.

FrothByte
Prove that Thanos used an Energy shield on that Scene. Cause he was focused on shooting at Thor more than at dodging ot blocking the strike.

We'll need to wait for video clips to pop up before I can screenshot them. Even then, the fact that stormbreaker plowed through Thanos' sustained IG blast is already proof of it being capable of breaking through the nanosuite, considering that Thanos' blasts were able to damage IM's suit.

Josh_Alexander
We'll need to wait for video clips to pop up before I can screenshot them. Even then, the fact that stormbreaker plowed through Thanos' sustained IG blast is already proof of it being capable of breaking through the nanosuite, considering that Thanos' blasts were able to damage IM's suit.

What the hell. A laser/blast aint a hard object! Aint like you can compare it was IM's suit! That is a fallacy.

FrothByte
What the hell. A laser/blast aint a hard object! Aint like you can compare it was IM's suit! That is a fallacy.

No, it's a force that the axe still needed to power through. It's like swimming against a tide. And considering that there was no constant force being applied to the axe, you get an idea of just how strong that throw was.

Josh_Alexander
No, it's a force that the axe still needed to power through. It's like swimming against a tide. And considering that there was no constant force being applied to the axe, you get an idea of just how strong that throw was.

Strong, yet again you cant compare an energy beam with a hard object.

FrothByte
Strong, yet again you cant compare an energy beam with a hard object.

And again, you can't comprehend how the force of a blow contribute to how well it can break or penetrate through an object.

The Ellimist
Originally posted by ShadowFyre

Dies

Dies

Dies

Dies

Dies

Probably survives unless if it hits his head or heart.

See above

TheLordofMurder

thumb up

They all die...

Immediately...

CPT Space Bomb
They all die

The Spectre+
superman & DD survives EASILY.

CPT Space Bomb
Originally posted by The Spectre+
superman & DD survives EASILY. UH, no. They die. Easily.

Josh_Alexander
I believe Thor has 1 shot lol.

If so theb my points remain. Otherwise they all die.

quanchi112
superman & DD survives EASILY. Nah, they die easily.

Silent Master
superman & DD survives EASILY.

Why would Doomsday, someone that had their arm cut off by a random sword. survive?

CPT Space Bomb
Originally posted by Silent Master
Why would Doomsday, someone that had their arm cut off by a random sword. survive? He wouldn't. Doomsday doesn't have an Infinity Gauntlet to save him either.

Josh_Alexander
Why would Doomsday, someone that had their arm cut off by a random sword. survive?

I forgot that. Doomsday is out.

Nephthys

Regeneration.

Silent Master
Originally posted by Nephthys
Regeneration.

Movie Doomsday can regen a missing head?

The Spectre+
Movie Doomsday can regen a missing head?

For someone whose protruding bones could easily tear through a kryptonians skin, i dont think his head would be off in the first place.

HulkIsHulk
Why do you keep insisting WW's sword is a random one?

Silent Master
Originally posted by HulkIsHulk

I don't recall the movie giving it any special backstory, if I'm misremembering. feel free to correct me.

Silent Master
For someone whose protruding bones could easily tear through a kryptonians skin, i dont think his head would be off in the first place.

His arm was cut off just fine, why can't his head?

gauntlet o doom
Originally posted by HulkIsHulk

It was used as misdirection as the God killer sword but I think it was just a random Amazon sword. No backstory.

h1a8
Originally posted by gauntlet o doom
It was used as misdirection as the God killer sword but I think it was just a random Amazon sword. No backstory. It can't be a random sword since it easily cut DD.

Batman vs Superman was made BEFORE WW movie.
In the former movie they intend her weapons to be nigh indestructible.
In the later, the sword was a ruse to keep WW from knowing the truth.

Maybe Diana obtained a magical sword (like her bracers) later after the war.
Or Ares was so damn powerful that he could easily shatter a nigh indestructible weapon with a gesture.

Silent Master
It can't be a random sword since it easily cut DD.

Batman vs Superman was made BEFORE WW movie.
In the former movie they intend her weapons to be nigh indestructible.
In the later, the sword was a ruse to keep WW from knowing the truth.

Maybe Diana obtained a magical sword (like her bracers) later after the war.
Or Ares was so damn powerful that he could easily shatter a nigh indestructible weapon with a gesture.

Physics tells us that Doomsday is just that easy to cut, after all the movie made no mention of her sword being special in any way.

Come on, be consistent with your standards.

h1a8
Physics tells us that Doomsday is just that easy to cut, after all the movie made no mention of her sword being special in any way.

Come on, be consistent with your standards.

DD is nigh durable.

quanchi112

Silent Master
DD is nigh durable.

Physics says differently, seeing as he was cut by a random sword.

Be consistent, I'm using your standards.

h1a8
Physics says differently, seeing as he was cut by a random sword.

Be consistent, I'm using your standards.

A random sword that is extremely durable and sharp.

quanchi112

Silent Master
A random sword that is extremely durable and sharp.

Using your standards, it's as durable and sharp as a random sword.

NemeBro
DD is nigh durable. He's nearly durable, but not quite?

quanchi112

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.