KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Thor (IW) hits these guys.

Thor (IW) hits these guys.
Started by: ShadowFyre

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ShadowFyre

Thor (IW) hits these guys.

So I've only read some spoilers and it may take a few days to answer and come back to this. But I can't wait so here it goes.

Thor hits these guys as hard as he can with Stormbreaker. Who survives? They can brace for the attack but that's it.

1. Iron Man (bleeding edge)
2. Wonder Woman
3. Hulk
4. Steppenwolf
5. Kurse
6. Superman
7. Doomsday

Last edited by Impediment on Apr 26th, 2018 at 03:30 PM

Old Post Apr 25th, 2018 10:12 PM
ShadowFyre is currently offline Click here to Send ShadowFyre a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowFyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Will answer tomorrow
But leaning only Clark and Doomsday survive
I’m sure he’ll be above Wonder Woman come tomorrow

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Apr 25th, 2018 10:47 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
gauntlet o doom

Probably Doomsday seeing as it's not Kryptonite.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2018 12:30 AM
gauntlet o doom is currently offline Click here to Send gauntlet o doom a Private Message Find more posts by gauntlet o doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

None, they'd all die. Easily. That scene was ridiculous. [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Thor almost killed the MCU equivalent of God. Thanos WITHOUT using the gems was able to beat the shit out of Hulk. Thor's throw overpowered him with a COMPLETE Gauntlet. WTF! He literally sent Thanos running. .

Old Post Apr 26th, 2018 05:45 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

I’ll see tomorrow at 9
Can’t wait, honestly

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Apr 26th, 2018 06:49 AM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

Superman and Doomsday would survive with injuries, everyone else is paste

Old Post Apr 26th, 2018 06:56 AM
relentless1 is currently offline Click here to Send relentless1 a Private Message Find more posts by relentless1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

2 on down survives

Rage you are using some faulty logic.

Thanos beating down the Hulk (we still have to see how) has nothing to do with Thanos max durability. Offense =/= max durability

The IG might not boost Thanos durability by default, unless there is evidence to support it. Even if there is evidence to support it then we can only use Thanos highest durability feat as a basis of how much his durability increased.

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Apr 26th, 2018 11:44 AM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

h1 hasn't even seen the movie.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2018 12:03 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

quote: (post)
Originally posted by h1a8
2 on down survives

Rage you are using some faulty logic.

Thanos beating down the Hulk (we still have to see how) has nothing to do with Thanos max durability. Offense =/= max durability

The IG might not boost Thanos durability by default, unless there is evidence to support it. Even if there is evidence to support it then we can only use Thanos highest durability feat as a basis of how much his durability increased.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: The hammer didn't just almost kill Thanos. Thanos with the complete IG right after attaining godhood, blasted the hammer throw with his IG.

Stormbreaker BROKE through the IG's beam stream and there was a big explosion as it shattered its defenses. After all that it STILL struck with enough force to kill Thanos if it wasn't for the IG.

Imagine if he threw it unchallenged? You could line everyone in this thread up. And the hammer would fly through them all easily.

Btw, Thanos flat out overpowered Hulk from what I remember and shrugged off his punch.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2018 03:00 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dayman

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
None, they'd all die. Easily. That scene was ridiculous. [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Thor almost killed the MCU equivalent of God. Thanos WITHOUT using the gems was able to beat the shit out of Hulk. Thor's throw overpowered him with a COMPLETE Gauntlet. WTF! He literally sent Thanos running. .

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Eh, that was Stormbreaker that did that. Overpowered a infinity grm blast.

Thanos could have froze time, turned him to bubbles, etc. Even though he was being stabbed, he did say basically taunt Thor, leave, and continued to successfully complete his plan.

Thanos was in control there, they just showed stormbreaker can kill Thanos.

That said, without the IG, stormbreaker can kill Thanos. That weapon was OP. Thor with stormbreaker was by no means even remotely close to IG Thanos. If Thanos was able to stop time and activate the space gem there, he could have power gemee Thor's head, turned him to bubble..etc but he taunted Thor and then completed his mission.

Thor hype is high and as my favorite hero, it was awesome to see Thor all godly. But yeah, that scene was moreso, even Thor with this weapon couldnt stop him.

That said, Thor clears out

Last edited by Dayman on Apr 26th, 2018 at 03:31 PM

Old Post Apr 26th, 2018 03:25 PM
Dayman is currently offline Click here to Send Dayman a Private Message Find more posts by Dayman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dayman

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: The hammer didn't just almost kill Thanos. Thanos with the complete IG right after attaining godhood, blasted the hammer throw with his IG.

Stormbreaker BROKE through the IG's beam stream and there was a big explosion as it shattered its defenses. After all that it STILL struck with enough force to kill Thanos if it wasn't for the IG.

Imagine if he threw it unchallenged? You could line everyone in this thread up. And the hammer would fly through them all easily.

Btw, Thanos flat out overpowered Hulk from what I remember and shrugged off his punch.

Nah. [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Ig did nothing for Thanos' durability. It was a universally OP weapon but it didn't DO anything to Thanos, anymore than mjolnir does to Thor. Thanos' physical strength and blunt force and cutting durability is still baseline. Even so, stormbreaker getsnmore credit than Thor in this case.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2018 03:29 PM
Dayman is currently offline Click here to Send Dayman a Private Message Find more posts by Dayman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: I don't think Stormbreaker is as powerful as IG but it flat out overpowered his IG beam. That's an objective fact. Thanos blasted the hammer with his gauntlet, it tore through his beam and there was a powerful bright explosion as it shattered his defenses and impaled him.

The IG let Thanos live, but he even himself said Thor would have successfully killed him if he had aimed for the head.

If Thanos could have easily killed Thor or turned him into bubbles, he wouldn't have literally run away....plus the snap spent him.

I only watched the movie once and the feat is a little silly, but Stormbreaker is supposed to be the most powerful weapon in Asgard.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2018 04:54 PM
h1a8

Ok well let's get to basics.
What is the IG beam concussive (push force) feats so that we can estimate how much force Stormbreaker was pushing through?

Then what's are Thanos durability feats? With and without the IG?

Things need to be quantified since most of us didn't see the movie yet.

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Apr 26th, 2018 07:45 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Just want to say, thanks guys for using spoiler tags.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2018 07:52 PM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowFyre

Yeah, and thanks for your input as well. Your the math wizard H1.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2018 09:41 PM
ShadowFyre is currently offline Click here to Send ShadowFyre a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowFyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WolvesofBabylon
Welcome to the machine

Warching in 10 minutes. Not sure how it could harm Doomsday who tanked a Nuke and Fall from Space.

Guess I'll know in a couple hours

Old Post Apr 26th, 2018 10:49 PM
WolvesofBabylon is currently offline Click here to Send WolvesofBabylon a Private Message Find more posts by WolvesofBabylon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowFyre

Ww cut Doomsday just fine.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2018 12:34 AM
WolvesofBabylon
Welcome to the machine

Wow, Changed my mind. Glad to see Thor like this

Old Post Apr 27th, 2018 01:47 AM
WolvesofBabylon is currently offline Click here to Send WolvesofBabylon a Private Message Find more posts by WolvesofBabylon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowFyre

Im just saying, not sure it would kill him, but WonderWomans sword which has 0 feats cut Doomsday. But DD was pretty uber. Surtur prime, Thanos with IG, and maybe Hela or the only ones I see maybe beating him

Old Post Apr 27th, 2018 01:54 AM
ares834

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: The power levels were nonsense in the film. Obviously there is Thor throwing Stormbreaker through the beam but we also have IM making Thanos bleed or Cap stopping his hand.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2018 03:08 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote