The Lion King

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Josh_Alexander
Seem we are gonna get a remake about one of the most iconic and beloved movies ever!

http://variety.com/2018/film/news/d...din-1202784828/

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
Seem we are gonna get a remake about one of the most iconic and beloved movies ever!

http://variety.com/2018/film/news/d...din-1202784828/

Avengers 4 and now this!!!!! 2019 is gonna be amazing.

Robtard
Live action Beauty and the Beast was surprisingly well done, so I look forward to all those listed, not just The Lion King.

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by Robtard
Live action Beauty and the Beast was surprisingly well done, so I look forward to all those listed, not just The Lion King.

Yeah, Disney is just gonna rock!

I wonder if Lion King will take back the title of highest grossing animated movie.

steverules_2
I'm glad James Earl Jones is reprising his role

quanchi112
Disney is the undisputed king at the box office.

WolvesofBabylon
Speaking of great villains. Scar was ruthless

Zack M
Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
Yeah, Disney is just gonna rock!

I wonder if Lion King will take back the title of highest grossing animated movie.

Adjusted for inflation, Lion King grossed 816 million dollars. It's still the highest grossing animated movie of all time. It truly IS KING.

Zack M
Here is the link.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/alltime/adjusted.htm

quanchi112
Originally posted by WolvesofBabylon
Speaking of great villains. Scar was ruthless He was a very despicable villain. Disney prints money at this point.

The Spectre+
^ DONT RAISE YOUR HOPES MARVEL FANBOYS

quanchi112
Originally posted by The Spectre+
^ DONT RAISE YOUR HOPES MARVEL FANBOYS On?

Flyattractor
I just find it funny they call this Live Action when most of the Characters in the movie will be CGI Cartoons.

CPT Space Bomb
Originally posted by Flyattractor
I just find it funny they call this Live Action when most of the Characters in the movie will be CGI Cartoons. You constantly come in any thread that's not about a DC movie and talk trash about it. Do you honestly think any of the DCEU flicks weren't full of CGI? Hell, DCEU has some of the worst super hero cgi around. Justice League is notorious in many spots of having awful CGI. So, stfu about it. If you don't like modern movies then go watch something made before 1980.

CPT Space Bomb
Originally posted by The Spectre+
^ DONT RAISE YOUR HOPES MARVEL FANBOYS What does Lion King have to do with Marvel? I haven't watched any of the live action Disney films besides Jungle Book (and yes that was like 99% cgi, I know).

I'm not a Disney fanboy in fact I don't like Disney that much. I do love the MCU though and they were started before Disney bought them out. Luckily however, Disney hasn't ****ed up the MCU like they have Star Wars.....yet.

Flyattractor
I will quit it when Quan quits his schtik.

And sorry for having opinions that You do not approve of.

And I didn't say this movie would be bad (unlike the Beauty/Beast remake) just that it isn't really LIVE Action.

And I liked the Avg Inf Movie. Just don't think it is the SALVATION of Humanity that most seem to want it to be.

quanchi112

CPT Space Bomb
You're the worlds' #1 Snoke fan Quan. There has to be one I suppose. laughing

Surtur
Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
You're the worlds' #1 Snoke fan Quan. There has to be one I suppose. laughing

Has to be done:

https://img.4plebs.org/boards/tv/image/1513/20/1513203049107.gif

SquallX

SquallX
Also, La Belle et la Bet was far superior to the live action Beauty and the Beast.

Surtur
When disney remakes an animated movie into a live action movie it tends to seem cheesy as f*ck.

I'm just waiting for A Little Mermaid to get the live action treatment. That shit is gonna be awkward as f*ck.

Zack M
Beauty and the Beast was decent, but kind of a disappointment.

quanchi112
Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
You're the worlds' #1 Snoke fan Quan. There has to be one I suppose. laughing Great men go where none others dare venture.

Flyattractor
many Gas Station Bathrooms can testify to his "Bravery"...

quanchi112

Wonder Man
Lion King with Whoppie Goldberg in it again would be cool.

Ridley_Prime
4CbLXeGSDxg

This shows some promise, so I hope I don't come out disappointed. This has a lot to live up to.

quanchi112
Saw this tonight. My favorite of the Disney animated cartoons growing up.

ares834
I dunno. The Lion King is my favorite Disney film, but it seems to have lost much of its charm by transitioning into "live-action".

BruceSkywalker
trailer looks good

Ridley_Prime
Kinda forgot, but this won't have the Be Prepared song apparently, tho as long as Scar is not watered down otherwise, I'll live. ermm A new song I would be okay with too even if it's good, like Beauty and the Beast had. Mixed bag that live action one was, but I had some fun with it.

The Aladdin one I'm not as sold on from what I've seen of screenshots thus far.

edit: Oh yeah, Be Prepared had what looked like the hyenas doing the Nazi march, so of course Disney wouldn't have that now. lol

ares834
No "Be Prepared" and no Jeremy Irons. Absolute sacrilege.

quanchi112
Originally posted by ares834
No "Be Prepared" and no Jeremy Irons. Absolute sacrilege. Calm down.

Surtur
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
4CbLXeGSDxg

This shows some promise, so I hope I don't come out disappointed. This has a lot to live up to.

Eh, notice they don't actually show any of the shots of the animals actually talking? You hear one talking, but never see it's face.

The trailer plays on nostalgia and just essentially shows a bunch of animals running around while James Earl Jones talks over the footage.

I realize it's only a teaser..but I was hoping to see how it'd look with them talking.

Flyattractor

quanchi112
https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/24021945/yo-dawg-i-heard-you-like-broken-records-so-i-put-a-broken-record-in-you-so-you-can-be-a-broken-recor.jpg Get back to the Disney topic, lion king.

Flyattractor
Why? Are you the only one to go off topic now?

quanchi112
Why? Are you the only one to go off topic now? I am expecting good things since jungle book an inferior story to the lion king is on the mark.

Flyattractor
That is just YOUR Opinion.

Why must you derail EVERY thread with your Ego Nonsense?

And Lion king is looking like a dull shot4shot remale ala Psycho. Sure the Kids will eat it up cause "McNugget Syndrome" but then kids love cheap trash.

Like Marvel Movies...

eek!

quanchi112
That is just YOUR Opinion.

Why must you derail EVERY thread with your Ego Nonsense?

And Lion king is looking like a dull shot4shot remale ala Psycho. Sure the Kids will eat it up cause "McNugget Syndrome" but then kids love cheap trash.

Like Marvel Movies...

eek! My opinion is a lot more credible and the forum troll pariah. You hate that Disney appeals to the masses which is the point of any successful business youdumb hick. I enjoy it when you get mad at how awesome Disney is.

Flyattractor
That is YOUR Opinion. And I don't Value it.
eek!

quanchi112
That is YOUR Opinion. And I don't Value it.
eek! You do not matter they make buttloads of cash. Disney does not care for pariahs of civilization like you. I am telling you do not matter. Not here, not your shit town, nowhere.

Flyattractor
I should really go dig up that quote of you saying Money Doesn't Matter.

quanchi112
I should really go dig up that quote of you saying Money Doesn't Matter. It does to the company, idiot. I care more about quality but without a profit the company will not make more. Are you ten years old? This should be common sense.

Robtard
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
4CbLXeGSDxg

Looks good and still looking forward to this. Lion King is one of my favorite Disney cartoons.

Looking forward to all the live action remakes except for Dumbo, that one I have my doubts about from the teasers we've seen. I'll still watch it though, hoping to be pleasantly surprised like I was with Beauty and the Beast, wasn't expecting much there and it was overall decent.

Ridley_Prime
JmXbQyUZigo

ares834
Soulless.

quanchi112
Looks great. Ares hates everything these days.

ares834

quanchi112
Themovue will succeed. You hate everything. I get it. You are a bitter man who despises everything. Keep your poor ass at home.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.