Why do men tend to be more overconfident than women?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kurk
Discuss

Surtur
Patriarchy.

ESB -1138
Men have balls

samhain
Depends how you define overconfidence. Are you talking about men being confident without having anything to back it up? If so, I don't really think this is a thing that men do more than women to be honest.

Surtur
-8Y-Tb7Jww4

riv6672

cdtm
Originally posted by ESB -1138
Men have balls

As good an answer as any.

Riv's works, too.

Surtur
You're all god damn pigs. Men aren't the only people who have balls. Women can have balls too. How dare you. Caitlyn Jenner has balls.

Disappointed in all of you. Never expected such utter bigotry.

ESB -1138
Originally posted by Surtur
You're all god damn pigs. Men aren't the only people who have balls. Women can have balls too. How dare you. Caitlyn Jenner has balls.

Disappointed in all of you. Never expected such utter bigotry.

As someone who identifies as a pig I find this post very insulting. Also I identify as KMC. So stop raping me with your words

Surtur
Stop appropriating pig culture. Not cool.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Kurk
Discuss

Being overconfident goes hand-in-hand with risk-taking and consequences (positive and negative).

https://www.inc.com/jessica-stillman/science-oops-we-actually-totally-underestimated-womens-appetite-for-risk.html

Also, about the confidence-gap, it could be a myth:

https://hbr.org/2018/03/is-the-confidence-gap-between-men-and-women-a-myth

ESB -1138
Stop appropriating pig culture. Not cool.

Fine. I'll stop watching the View then

Surtur
Joy Behar thanks you on behalf of all pigs.

Nemesis X
From what I've seen, both can be just as overconfident as the other. Never noticed one being more overconfident than the other.

Putinbot1
I think it depends on the situation, in some situations, women are much more confident and therefore much more overconfident and in relation to DDDM's excellent points it's been shown most women are more likely to give solstice as that part of there emotional intelligence is usually higher, men, on the other hand, will generally try and be more pragmatic. This is probably due to the different sizes of regions of the brain in men and women. In studies of Chimps, this remains true in all cases except the Alpha male who is likely to appear more caring than the women. It seems empathy may very well go with leadership.

Flyattractor
And Vice Versa...

Adam_PoE
To the contrary, I think women are more likely to overestimate their worth and men are more likely to underestimate their worth.

Girls are socialized to believe they are inherently valuable, i.e. they are valuable by virtue of birth; whereas boys are socialized to believe their value has to be earned, i.e. their value is a function of their utility to others.

So many of my straight male friends do not have an accurate assessment of their worth, and date far beneath themselves. What is worse, they put up with far more than they should, because they do not think they can do better.

Meanwhile, the women they date are much more entitled and demanding than their actual station.

Putinbot1
Originally posted by Adam_PoE
To the contrary, I think women are more likely to overestimate their worth and men are more likely to underestimate their worth.

Girls are socialized to believe they are inherently valuable, i.e. they are valuable by virtue of birth; whereas boys are socialized to believe their value has to be earned, i.e. their value is a function of their utility to others.

So many of my straight male friends do not have an accurate assessment of their worth, and date far beneath themselves. What is worse, they put up with far more than they should, because they do not think they can do better.

Meanwhile, the women they date are much more entitled and demanding than their actual station. This is true in the west certainly.

cdtm
Originally posted by Adam_PoE

Meanwhile, the women they date are much more entitled and demanding than their actual station.

If you want to know what people really are, just look at a cult. Pure human nature.

One guy with an inflated sense of worth, a bunch of other guys just following his lead. You can sprout all the psycho-babble you want, but this is how human society have organized since forever.

As to why the over-confidence? Because you can be David, or you can be all those other guys who weren't getting any.

None of the women in that cult hooked up with the others guys. Not a one.

"But they were emotionally vulnerable.

Maybe.. just maybe, humans are exactly like this by nature. We're Harvey Weinstens, and luckless losers, and gold diggers. We don't give two shits about people, other then what we can get out of them.

And maybe the masses worship celebrities because every queen needs worker bees, Every ant colony needs soldiers.

If not that, then why don't the losers organize themselves against the winners? How come everyone throws themselves at the feet of those that got, and are in such a hurry to give them even more.

I'm no expert in the field of human nature, I just see how people act, and assume maybe this is just how people act..

Surtur
Originally posted by cdtm
If you want to know what people really are, just look at a cult.

*looks at the left*

Good point.

Putinbot1
*looks at the left*

Good point. looks at the right sees less of the US popular vote. So the majority are a cult according to Surt? Interesting use of maths Pinocchio.

Surtur
Originally posted by Putinbot1
looks at the right sees less of the US popular vote. So the majority are a cult according to Surt? Interesting use of maths Pinocchio.

A lot of leftists behave like cultists.

After all, loving diversity in every aspect besides thought is quite cult-ish.

Dramatic Gecko
A lot of leftists behave like cultists.

After all, loving diversity in every aspect besides thought is quite cult-ish.

What did Murdoch do to you you poor poor man? Lay off the Fox News bud.

Surtur
Originally posted by Dramatic Gecko
What did Murdoch do to you you poor poor man? Lay off the Fox News bud.

FOX didn't tell me leftists are cultists. It's just an observation from watching these lunatics since Trump won.

dadudemon
This is true in the west certainly.

Most definitely. I could not believe the differences between Americans and South East Asian women, for example.

Adam_PoE
Originally posted by cdtm
If you want to know what people really are, just look at a cult. Pure human nature.

One guy with an inflated sense of worth, a bunch of other guys just following his lead. You can sprout all the psycho-babble you want, but this is how human society have organized since forever.

As to why the over-confidence? Because you can be David, or you can be all those other guys who weren't getting any.

None of the women in that cult hooked up with the others guys. Not a one.

"But they were emotionally vulnerable.

Maybe.. just maybe, humans are exactly like this by nature. We're Harvey Weinstens, and luckless losers, and gold diggers. We don't give two shits about people, other then what we can get out of them.

And maybe the masses worship celebrities because every queen needs worker bees, Every ant colony needs soldiers.

If not that, then why don't the losers organize themselves against the winners? How come everyone throws themselves at the feet of those that got, and are in such a hurry to give them even more.

I'm no expert in the field of human nature, I just see how people act, and assume maybe this is just how people act..

I would argue that cults do not reveal human nature, they distort it.

Wonder Man
A lot of this stems from being a user type of person vs. someone who succeeds in life. Thus the empty words and empty promises and empty lost minds and bodies.

Putinbot1
Originally posted by dadudemon
Most definitely. I could not believe the differences between Americans and South East Asian women, for example. South East Asian women are interesting because they have a crazy jealousy thing I've never understood. They also love "arrangements". They can be very pragmatic.

dadudemon
South East Asian women are interesting because they have a crazy jealousy thing I've never understood. They also love "arrangements". They can be very pragmatic.

Experienced that Jealousy thing first hand from multiple women. Could be anecdotes or it could be a "thing." I was told by my fiancee that they like American men (this is a stereotype) because we treat our women better, cheat much less often, and are better in bed. lol estahuh

But she also said that there is a stereotype that we are hotheaded and loud.

Putinbot1
Experienced that Jealousy thing first hand from multiple women. Could be anecdotes or it could be a "thing." I was told by my fiancee that they like American men (this is a stereotype) because we treat our women better, cheat much less often, and are better in bed. lol estahuh

But she also said that there is a stereotype that we are hotheaded and loud. Yeah, I think it's a thing and yes they don't like being cheated on, but they enjoy keeping options open themselves. Women are more pragmatic than guys everywhere in my opinion DDDM but SE Asian women just exaggerate it. They are undoubtedly more willing to buy into your needs to get what they want.

Flyattractor
Much of this can be blamed on the Lefts Rabid Obsession of Fighting against Natural Masculinity! The Want To GAY it all up. Not good for Humanity when they take such a stance against nature and science.

dadudemon
Yeah, I think it's a thing and yes they don't like being cheated on, but they enjoy keeping options open themselves. Women are more pragmatic than guys everywhere in my opinion DDDM but SE Asian women just exaggerate it. They are undoubtedly more willing to buy into your needs to get what they want.

For what it is worth, my Fiancee is a very good person and very nice to me. Very attentive to my needs. There's a huge difference between her and any other American girl I've dated. And from what I see in person...it's just how it is with them. This is why I go above and beyond for her and her family - her unrelenting willingness to serve me and make me happy.

The only time I ever get upset with her is when she's asking me if I'm okay or what's wrong (repeatedly...like a dozen times) when nothing is wrong.

Tell me more things about stuff. I like reading about your ideas and thoughts with different cultures.

Putinbot1
For what it is worth, my Fiancee is a very good person and very nice to me. Very attentive to my needs. There's a huge difference between her and any other American girl I've dated. And from what I see in person...it's just how it is with them. This is why I go above and beyond for her and her family - her unrelenting willingness to serve me and make me happy.

The only time I ever get upset with her is when she's asking me if I'm okay or what's wrong (repeatedly...like a dozen times) when nothing is wrong.

Tell me more things about stuff. I like reading about your ideas and thoughts with different cultures. I'm sure she is a good person both my wives were and still are. And both put up with a lot from me, nothing abusive but I am a free spirit and not a good husband. So I will never blame them for my failings.

They all do that O.K. thing, I have a theory as to why? They want us to ask them how they are maybe or sometimes they want to catch us off guard.

Re other cultures, I'm going back to Africa to work and I actually find African women more supportive than western ones generally.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.