Who is more heroic: Wonder Woman or Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
Who wins?

steverules_2
Wonder woman ended World War 1

quanchi112
Thor.

Arachnid1
Thor IMO

BruceSkywalker
thor

dceu is full of murderers

CPT Space Bomb
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
thor

dceu is full of murderers Hate to break it to you but Thor admitted to rocket that he has killed over 3 thousand enemies.

That being said Thor is more heroic for sure. He's sacrificed himself for his friends and even strangers more times than Wonder Woman easily. That said I like Wonder Woman and I was DEAD WRONG about Gal Gadot. She has proven herself to be a good Wonderwoman. Best character the DCeU has.

NotAllThatEvil
Batman called wonder woman out for her lack of heroics, so...

The Spectre+
Diana ended WW1; Thor with a very powerful weapon aided peter quill&thanos to commiting mass universal genocide. + killing 3thousand beings.
Remember diana also fought back stepp. when he first attacked earth

CPT Space Bomb
Originally posted by The Spectre+
Diana ended WW1; Thor with a very powerful weapon aided peter quill&thanos to commiting mass universal genocide. + killing 3thousand beings.
Remember diana also fought back stepp. when he first attacked earth Thor is not responsible for the murder of half the universe; Thanos is. Hell even Quill is not responsible. Sure Quill REALLY messed up but he's still not responsible as HE personally was not the one to kill everyone. Thor thought he'd won. He Thought he was about to kill Thanos. ANYONE ELSE would have died. He underestimated Thanos' power/durability. But he's not responsible for killing half the universe.

Mindship
IMO, it's not just deeds that matter. WW seems more humble, so I'm splitting this hair in her favor.

@CPT Space Bomb regarding Gadot.
I 100% agree.

Silent Master
I forget, what was WW doing between the end of WWI and helping fight Doomsday?

quanchi112

Impediment
Moved to the versus forum.

quanchi112

FrothByte
Wonder Woman has the potential to be very heroic but as of now doesn't have enough feats to back it up. I mean, she literally disappeared in between WW1 and BvS, seemingly giving up on humanity. That said, she IS seemingly the most heroic member of the JL.

Silent Master
Originally posted by FrothByte
Wonder Woman has the potential to be very heroic but as of now doesn't have enough feats to back it up. I mean, she literally disappeared in between WW1 and BvS, seemingly giving up on humanity. That said, she IS seemingly the most heroic member of the JL.

Yep, she didn't even try and help during Man of Steel.

Surtur
I'm torn. Thor gets more involved, but it seems to be cuz he just loves battle. This is what got him stripped of his powers in the first movie.

FrothByte
Originally posted by Surtur
I'm torn. Thor gets more involved, but it seems to be cuz he just loves battle. This is what got him stripped of his powers in the first movie.

Thor has been in 6 movies now. He was only battle-hungry for half of his first movie.

Surtur
Originally posted by FrothByte
Thor has been in 6 movies now. He was only battle-hungry for half of his first movie.

Good point. Yeah, Thor wins.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Diana is definitely the most heroic in the DCeU, but Thor wins after Thor 1.

Josh_Alexander
Thor. He's got more heroic feats.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
Hate to break it to you but Thor admitted to rocket that he has killed over 3 thousand enemies.

That being said Thor is more heroic for sure. He's sacrificed himself for his friends and even strangers more times than Wonder Woman easily. That said I like Wonder Woman and I was DEAD WRONG about Gal Gadot. She has proven herself to be a good Wonderwoman. Best character the DCeU has.

i knew lol. im just having fun

Silent Master
There is a difference between killing someone and murdering them.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Silent Master
There is a difference between killing someone and murdering them. I'm not sure it's that different in Thors case. He claims "killing" but he trespassed into the Frost Giants world breaking a milenia long treaty. killed a bunch of them, and kickstarted a war. We have no way of knowing how many of those 3000 fit into the same category, but Thor prior to the first movie likely didn't care to differentiate.

Though I will note that he has has long grown beyond that as a character. I'm honestly not sure whether I'd hold past transgressions against him at this point, since he has grown into a more heroic character than he once was.

Silent Master
The Frost Giants broke the treaty by invading Asgard when they tried to steal the casket of ancient Winters.

Arachnid1
The Frost Giants broke the treaty by invading Asgard when they tried to steal the casket of ancient Winters. "Tried" being the key word. Three no-names (it's not like it was Laufey himself) tried to steal the casket and died for their trouble. Even Odin stated it was the actions of a few, and he would leave the situation alone since the offending three payed with their lives. The failed actions of three no-names does not equate to the future King flying in with some of his warriors and slaughtering the Jotuns by the score, which BTW he did because he felt insulted by simple words. Their actions doesn't result in the breaking of the truce, unlike Thors. Thor was definitely in the wrong there.

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by Arachnid1
I'm not sure it's that different in Thors case. He claims "killing" but he trespassed into the Frost Giants world breaking a milenia long treaty. killed a bunch of them, and kickstarted a war. We have no way of knowing how many of those 3000 fit into the same category, but Thor prior to the first movie likely didn't care to differentiate.

Though I will note that he has has long grown beyond that as a character. I'm honestly not sure whether I'd hold past transgressions against him at this point, since he has grown into a more heroic character than he once was.

The entire Thor 1 outcomes were result of Thor's own misdoings.

Silent Master
Odin giving them a pass does not mean they did not in fact break the treaty. The movie actually makes it a point that Odin was wrong as Loki and the frost Giants were conspiring against Asgard. Their actions were not those of singular Frost giant acting on their own.

Arachnid1
Odin giving them a pass does not mean they did not in fact break the treaty. The movie actually makes it a point that Odin was wrong as Loki and the frost Giants were conspiring against Asgard. Their actions were not those of singular Frost giant acting on their own. Except Thor had no way of knowing that at that time. He acted rashly with a lack of information which could have just as easily been wrong, and that is why he was banished in the first place. The fact that he ended up being somewhat right (Loki is of Asgard more than he is of Jotunheim, and he manufactured the entire ordeal) doesn't absolve him of his prior actions. That's just an "in hindsight" rationalization.

Silent Master
He may not have had all the details, but he was right about the frost Giants working against Asgard. He just acted rationally due to his own arrogance and manipulations from Loki. However Odin was also guilty of letting his arrogance get the best of him as he refused to even consider that the Invasion and attempted stealing of a weapon of mass destruction was more than just a few Frost Giants acting on their own.

Arachnid1
He may not have had all the details, but he was right about the frost Giants working against Asgard. He just acted rationally due to his own arrogance and manipulations from Loki. However Odin was also guilty of letting his arrogance get the best of him as he refused to even consider that the Invasion and attempted stealing of a weapon of mass destruction was more than just a few Frost Giants acting on their own. Oh, I agree that Odin was definitely in the wrong there too. Thor went to one extreme, whereas Odin was at the complete opposite extreme. There's a middle ground in there somewhere. IMO it would have been smarter to investigate, ask questions, get answers, and then act. How did Jotuns get to Asgard? How did they gain entry to the vault? How did they even infiltrate the island without a single Asgardian noticing them? Ignoring all that is flat out stupid, but so is resorting to violence without answers.

Silent Master
Thor actually went to jotunheim to get answers, not to fight. Granted, once he arrived it didn't take much to manipulate him into fighting.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.