The Stanford Prison Experiment was very influential. We just learned it was a fraud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Surtur

dadudemon

Surtur
Originally posted by dadudemon
Welcome to Psychology where all of the research is questionable and only agendas are being pushed.

There is still value in some psyche research. But it's probably the muddiest and most questionable real science out there.

Wait if it's all questionable why do people act like certain things are factual? Like, for instance, the people who say sex and gender are different and that gender is a social construct.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Surtur
Wait if it's all questionable why do people act like certain things are factual? Like, for instance, the people who say sex and gender are different and that gender is a social construct.

I don't think most psychologists will make that claim. None I know do.

Surtur
I don't think most psychologists will make that claim. None I know do.

So these people are acting like something is fact even though most psychologists wouldn't claim it was? Damn lol.

dadudemon
So these people are acting like something is fact even though most psychologists wouldn't claim it was? Damn lol.

Here's a good read:

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/hormones-and-the-brain/201608/gender-identity-is-in-the-brain-what-does-tell-us

I suggest you read the whole thing.

Surtur
Here's a good read:

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/hormones-and-the-brain/201608/gender-identity-is-in-the-brain-what-does-tell-us

I suggest you read the whole thing.

When you said all research is questionable...were you being literal? Or hyperbolic? Cuz if it was literal...would this not be questionable?

Kurk
Yep. I remember this being taught in my Psych 101 class. I could smell the BS a mile away.

dadudemon
When you said all research is questionable...were you being literal? Or hyperbolic? Cuz if it was literal...would this not be questionable?

It's a summary of all the current research and problems. It's more a caution to not make sweeping generalizations and take hard stances. You probably didn't read the whole thing because it doesn't get like that until about halfway.

Did you read something that goes against your anti-Transgender narrative and you didn't like it? If so, what was it? Some of the science in there is not psychology. In fact, I'd say most of it isn't.

So if you want to be skeptical of a skeptical summary, that's fine. You should be.

Flyattractor
Prisons just aint what they used to be.

83Bj19_wc10&t=0s

NewGuy01

I think that has more to do with definition than psychology.

cdtm
Welcome to Psychology where all of the research is questionable and only agendas are being pushed.

There is still value in some psyche research. But it's probably the muddiest and most questionable real science out there.

Well, considering many of the giants of the field did have a personal stake in their work combating forms of discrimination, that affected them personally..

What do they say about how shrinks become shrinks because they have personal baggage? That's the industry in a nutshell..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.