Did Sidious know about the threats in the unknown regions?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sheev
Was Sidious aware of the unknown regions threat in canon? If so, did he know all the details about them? Did he make any kind of plans against them if so?

I know in legends he knew about the Vong, which is why he made the Death star. Thats why I ask.

thx. cool

Galan007
Originally posted by Sheev
Was Sidious aware of the unknown regions threat in canon? Yes. Thrawn warned Palpatine of the threats in the Unknown Regions when they very first met(shortly after the Empire was established):

If so, did he know all the details about them? Most likely. After all, along with helping Palpatine map the Unknown Regions for all those years, Thrawn also detailed the threats that lurked there:

Did he make any kind of plans against them if so? We don't know either way at this point... Though it would be completely unlike Palpatine to not have *some* sort of contingencies in place against these threats -- especially considering that per Thrawn, they were "far more dangerous" than the Empire itself. I doubt Sheev would just dismiss something of that magnitude. /shrug

Sheev
Thanks!

so u think Sidious making the Death star and alaways searching for ultimate power had anything to do with these threats?

Galan007
Unless a significant retcon happens, that is very doubtful.

Palpatine had been planning the Death Star's creation as far back as AotC... But he only first heard of the threats in the Unknown Regions when Thrawn told him about them(which, again, was after the events of RotS, and therefore after the Death Star project had already been commenced.)

As for Palpatine's lust for power: he's a Sith... It's what they do. /shrug

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.