KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Did Sidious know about the threats in the unknown regions?

Did Sidious know about the threats in the unknown regions?
Started by: Sheev

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Sheev
The All-Sith

Did Sidious know about the threats in the unknown regions?

Was Sidious aware of the unknown regions threat in canon? If so, did he know all the details about them? Did he make any kind of plans against them if so?

I know in legends he knew about the Vong, which is why he made the Death star. Thats why I ask.

thx. cool

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2018 10:22 PM
Click here to Send Sheev a Private Message Find more posts by Sheev Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Sheev
Was Sidious aware of the unknown regions threat in canon?
Yes. Thrawn warned Palpatine of the threats in the Unknown Regions when they very first met(shortly after the Empire was established):
quote:
"What exactly do you offer?" asked the Emperor.

"As a start, I offer information," Thrawn said. "There are threats lurking in the Unknown Regions, threats that will someday find your Empire. I am familiar with many of them" [...] "Perhaps you will learn of them in time to defeat them," Thrawn said. "Perhaps you will not. What more do I offer? I offer my military skill. You could utilize that skill in making plans to seek out and eliminate these dangers."

"These threats you speak of," the Emperor said. "I presume they're not simply threats to my Empire?"

"No, Your Majesty," Thrawn said. "They are also threats to my people."

-Thrawn

If so, did he know all the details about them?
Most likely. After all, along with helping Palpatine map the Unknown Regions for all those years, Thrawn also detailed the threats that lurked there:
quote:
"I had hoped merely to persuade the Emperor to allow me to study the Empire's political and military structure under the pretext of sharing information about distant threats," Thrawn said. "But his offer gave me the opportunity to learn much more."

-Thrawn

Did he make any kind of plans against them if so?
We don't know either way at this point... Though it would be completely unlike Palpatine to not have *some* sort of contingencies in place against these threats -- especially considering that per Thrawn, they were "far more dangerous" than the Empire itself. I doubt Sheev would just dismiss something of that magnitude. /shrug

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Jun 24th, 2018 at 02:41 AM

Old Post Jun 24th, 2018 02:37 AM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sheev
The All-Sith

Thanks!

so u think Sidious making the Death star and alaways searching for ultimate power had anything to do with these threats?

Old Post Jun 24th, 2018 01:30 PM
Click here to Send Sheev a Private Message Find more posts by Sheev Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Unless a significant retcon happens, that is very doubtful.

Palpatine had been planning the Death Star's creation as far back as AotC... But he only first heard of the threats in the Unknown Regions when Thrawn told him about them(which, again, was after the events of RotS, and therefore after the Death Star project had already been commenced.)

As for Palpatine's lust for power: he's a Sith... It's what they do. /shrug

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Jun 24th, 2018 at 05:01 PM

Old Post Jun 24th, 2018 04:48 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote