Would you rather be smart or attractive?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Ellimist
Option 1: your IQ increases 2 standard deviations, everything else stays the same

Option 2: you become what most people would consider a 9/10 aesthetically, everything else stays the same (and nobody questions why you suddenly look different)

Flyattractor
Tough Call. With IQ you have to Use said IQ to achieve your goals and keep others from taking away it away from you.

With Attractiveness. You can get success pretty much just Handed to you. Sure you have to PUT OUT on occasion but still....

I think I would take IQ. Just for the Challenge and thrill of it. And not having to Fark with some Ugly People to get what I want.

BackFire
IQ. I'm pretty happy with how I look already, fixing my aesthetic flaws naturally would be much easier than increasing my IQ.

Flyattractor
I wonder if you would feel the same after you get the "IQ" Cure.

You know...once you learn that your mother was lying to you about being Good Looking.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by BackFire
IQ. I'm pretty happy with how I look already, fixing my aesthetic flaws naturally would be much easier than increasing my IQ.
thumb up

NewGuy01
As a general rule, it's hard to say really. On one hand, I'm not really so ambitious that I feel I need a higher IQ than I have, and being extraordinarily attractive would probably be more useful in several areas of life than it seems at face value. On the other hand, in the case of this thread, two standard deviations... that's no joke. Like BackFire said, at least with your physical appearance there's various alternative means of addressing it... the option of magically becoming a genius definitely seems like more of an opportunity.

I feel this thread could be improved by lowering the IQ increase to 1 standard deviation. As it stands you'd either have to be retarded (so that you'd still be unexceptional with the INT buff) or hideous (so that being a 9/10 is worth the INT buff) to pass it up.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by NewGuy01
As a general rule, it's hard to say really. On one hand, I'm not really so ambitious that I feel I need a higher IQ than I have, and being extraordinarily attractive would probably be more useful in several areas of life than it seems at face value. On the other hand, in the case of this thread, two standard deviations... that's no joke. Like BackFire said, at least with your physical appearance there's various alternative means of addressing it... the option of magically becoming a genius definitely seems like more of an opportunity.

I feel this thread could be improved by lowering the IQ increase to 1 standard deviation. As it stands you'd either have to be retarded (so that you'd still be unexceptional with the INT buff) or hideous (so that being a 9/10 is worth the INT buff) to pass it up.
thumb up

Honestly though I feel like even a retarded person would find... not being retarded preferable to being 9/10

NewGuy01
Originally posted by Emperordmb
thumb up

Honestly though I feel like even a retarded person would find... not being retarded preferable to being 9/10

I'm not so sure. There's risks involved, but I suspect that someone that is dumb but very attractive is more likely to be successful than someone who is unremarkable both in intelligence and appearance.

Silent Master
Originally posted by Emperordmb
thumb up

One way to find out, ask h1a8 which one he'd pick.

CroftAlice
The extraordinary is in what we do, not who we are

Emperordmb
I'm not so sure. There's risks involved, but I suspect that someone that is dumb but very attractive is more likely to be successful than someone who is unremarkable both in intelligence and appearance.
You're expecting a retarded person to do that calculus, rather than go with the instinctive reaction to correct the attribute that they've likely felt self-conscious about falling short on in society?

NewGuy01
No, not really. Especially not if we're dealing with someone who is clinically retarded, as opposed to someone who's just dumb. I'm just saying that it may still be in their best interest to do so, as opposed to someone who could become truly exceptional by going up some 30-odd IQ points.

BackFire
Also worth mentioning that your good looks will deteriorate in time with age, intelligence won't.

Silent Master
For the record, I'd take the IQ boost

Originally posted by BackFire
Also worth mentioning that your good looks will deteriorate in time with age, intelligence won't.

Alzheimer's
Senility

BackFire
True, but those are no guarantee. Physically aging is.

The Ellimist
I feel this thread could be improved by lowering the IQ increase to 1 standard deviation.

Funnily enough I was about to say this myself.

I'd take the 2-STD in a heartbeat - that would probably give me good odds to make a groundbreaking advancement in my profession and drastically open up the set of things I can accomplish. It would change *everything*.

One standard deviation is tougher, but frankly I'd still probably take the intelligence boost. It's just a more diverse benefit. From a purely selfish standpoint it would be a difficult choice though.

The high-attractiveness/low-IQ would probably make both extreme success and extreme failure more likely.

MythLord
Gonna go with IQ, tbh.

Beniboybling

riv6672

Putinbot1
I'm smart and beautiful... Lucky I guess.

Kurk
I'm already pretty good looking (although that's changing due to dark side degradation ). 2 standard deviations?!? Hadayumn. I'd accept looking like sidious for that much of a boost.

Plus IQ boosting is pretty difficult while plastic surgery becomes better with each year.

MythLord
Originally posted by Putinbot1
I'm smart and beautiful... Lucky I guess.
I can buy beautiful, since I haven't seen you IRL. But that other thing, tho...

Surtur
Originally posted by MythLord
I can buy beautiful, since I haven't seen you IRL. But that other thing, tho...

laughing

Adam_PoE
https://i.imgur.com/y73bH9j.gif

Surtur
Originally posted by Adam_PoE
https://i.imgur.com/y73bH9j.gif

Trying to read her lips sure makes it seem like she is saying "Why not sauce?".

NewGuy01
... because she's speaking spanish.

Beniboybling
think we know which option Surt should pick sad

Facee
Originally posted by The Ellimist
Option 1: your IQ increases 2 standard deviations, everything else stays the same

Option 2: you become what most people would consider a 9/10 aesthetically, everything else stays the same (and nobody questions why you suddenly look different)
Its not easy being pretty. Especially when everyone around you are so ugly. I get pretty discrimination all the time.

Bentley
I'm smart and attractive. I'd increase my smarts because I actually don't think more Beauty would be of much use for me

Putinbot1
Originally posted by MythLord
I can buy beautiful, since I haven't seen you IRL. But that other thing, tho... You mean though by tho? wink

Wonder Man
Attractive. The Son Of Man said He will attract all men to Himself.

Kurk
You mean though by tho? wink Myth is my pimp only. Plain and smple.

Robtard
If you're already losing your looks at 19-20, you have some phucked up genes and the future's not looking very bright for you, my son

Kurk
Originally posted by Robtard
If you're already losing your looks at 19-20, you have some phucked up genes and the future's not looking very bright for you, my son My hair is beginning to thin out and it's not genetic. My facial features are darkening. Creases are forming. I'm confident it is due to a combination of stress, hormonal inbalance, and my immersion in the dark side of the force.

Robtard
The hair-loss is genetics, though stress can defo add to that. I'd try and sleep more, drink more water, eat healthier, exercise regularly and find something to relieve yourself of stress.

Bashar Teg
Originally posted by Robtard
and find something to relieve yourself of stress.

^^iow have a good wank thumb up

Kurk
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
^^iow have a good wank thumb up I'm #NoFap .

Bashar Teg
that's probably the source of much stress, broseph.

Putinbot1
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
that's probably the source of much stress, broseph. Agreed, the little death makes everything O.K.

Kurk
A true Sith sacrifices the simple pleasures of life for power. Since #NoFap, I've achieved a new level of energy I've been able to apply to my long term goals.

I will completely abstain from sex and masturbation to further my powers.

Robtard
Originally posted by Kurk
A true Sith sacrifices the simple pleasures of life for power. Since #NoFap, I've achieved a new level of energy I've been able to apply to my long term goals.

I will completely abstain from sex and masturbation to further my powers. The former member had often return-sock It's_XYZ once claimed he had achieved greatness after quitting masturbation. Look how he turned out...

Kurk
Self-discipline is a pathway to many abilities, some considered to be unnatural. I often have strong urges to cut off my penis so I no longer have to deal with these animal urges.

Also I wish women would dress more conservatively. I know I do even 90 degree heat.

cdtm
Good looks carry a chance of becoming a self centered, narcissistic jerk that thinks you're better then everyone else.

High intelligence guarantees it.

S_W_LeGenD
I uplifted my IQ from 95 - 110 range in college years to 115 - 130 range at present. My area of interest is business administration but I will continue to improve my GRE skills until I score in the 135 - 150 range on a consistent basis.

In the context of looks, I am aging gracefully...therefore, not concerned about it much, although I take my hygiene seriously.

IMO, acquiring the right kind of skills is important in practical walks of life. IQ is for bragging rights mostly.

DarthPlaguis12

snowdragon
Originally posted by Kurk
Self-discipline is a pathway to many abilities, some considered to be unnatural. I often have strong urges to cut off my penis so I no longer have to deal with these animal urges.

The urges don't stem from your dick, it's hormonal so you might want to just cut the sack off and wreck your pineal gland.

You have significant issues eek!

Bashar Teg
Agreed, the little death makes everything O.K.

i must not fap. fap is the mind killer. fap is the little death that brings total obliteration.

Kurk
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
I uplifted my IQ from 95 - 110 range in college years to 115 - 130 range at present. My area of interest is business administration but I will continue to improve my GRE skills until I score in the 135 - 150 range on a consistent basis.

In the context of looks, I am aging gracefully...therefore, not concerned about it much, although I take my hygiene seriously.

IMO, acquiring the right kind of skills is important in practical walks of life. IQ is for bragging rights mostly.
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/52/95/50/529550576e155900442c1cfb5c1c6289.gif

Originally posted by snowdragon
The urges don't stem from your dick, it's hormonal so you might want to just cut the sack off and wreck your pineal gland.

You have significant issues eek!

I was thinking about taking a bunch of chaste tree (anaphrodisiac) to help with that, but at the same time I don't know if the loss of testosterone is worth it since the body literally needs it to stay healthy.

I hate the human body. I just want to have my brain transplanted like a B'omarr monk:

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/c/cb/BT-16_Perimeter_Defence_Droid.jpg

Jmanghan
I think I'd take smart.

People who are smart enough don't really need looks.

LordofBrooklyn
It depends on gender.

An attractive woman trumps the smartest man in almost any arena.

HentaiLover
1. You take the IQ boost.
2. You educate faster.
3. You get a better job.
4. Get more money.
5. Plastic surgery for life.

cdtm
I'd rather be poor.

Destitute, even. And then, no one could sue me.

I would do anything and everything to get someone to sue me. I would slander then, libel them, steal their ip, kidnap them for 60 days, refuse to sell a cake to a gay, refuse to sell a cake to a black, refuse to sell a cake to a white, refuse to sell a cake to a woman, refuse to sell a cake to a liberal, refuse to sell a cake to a conservative.

The cake, I'd get from a kindhearted Christian baker. smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.