The Governor vs Negan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11117/111174730/4029611-0007771176-gover.jpg

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11117/111174730/4029612-8236205359-29283.jpg

Savior's vs Woodbury.

StiltmanFTW
The Saviors in a stomp.

They're more experienced and they have the numbers.

cdtm
Yeah, but Woodbury has a tank.

Also access to military equitment, rpg's and such.

riv6672
^^^I dont think those advantages would help.

Say what you want about Negan (i do) but he was leagues ahead of the governer at planning assaults, and psychological warfare.

SquallX

riv6672

DarkSaint85
Without support, that tank is more for psychological warfare than anything else. Against mobile infantry in a (potentially) built up area? I wouldn't bank on it being a winner.

SquallX

One_Angry_Scot

riv6672

cdtm
We should hang out. smile

Faceless808
The tank didn't really play a large role in the battle at the prison. Negan's camp also seemed to have a higher percentage of the population trained to fight.

BTW, WELCOME BACK, SCOT!!

RealityWarper
My money is on Negan.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by cdtm
Yeah, but Woodbury has a tank.

And can barely operate it. It's useless, unless you want to ruin somebody's fence. You didn't read the comic?

Also access to military equitment, rpg's and such.

Issue...?

SquallX
Never played called of duty, but my knowledge when it comes to the Military is amount to 6 years of active duty. 2 combat deployment. Crossed trained with Mortars and Tankers even though I am in 11B.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by SquallX
Never played called of duty, but my knowledge when it comes to the Military is amount to 6 years of active duty. 2 combat deployment. Crossed trained with Mortars and Tankers even though I am in 11B.
In the comics, they didn't know how to load and fire the tank. They could drive around in it, that's all, and it still took then ages to learn how to do so.

I wouldn't place much hope in it. As an active member, imagine you had the shittiest member of your platoon driving what is essentially a really large, slow bus around.

Delta1938
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
In the comics, they didn't know how to load and fire the tank. They could drive around in it, that's all, and it still took then ages to learn how to do so.

I wouldn't place much hope in it. As an active member, imagine you had the shittiest member of your platoon driving what is essentially a really large, slow bus around.

So basically it was mostly if not entirely useful as "hey you're ****ed, we have a tank. Please just run away, we totally know how to use it but uh don't want to hurt you, yeah that's it." So it was all bark, no bite. A mechanical LoB.

DarkSaint85
Basically. It was for psy ops.

But Negan knows that better than most.

SquallX

DarkSaint85

SquallX

StiltmanFTW
"their not"... good God, Squall.

Originally posted by Delta1938
So basically it was mostly if not entirely useful as "hey you're ****ed, we have a tank. Please just run away, we totally know how to use it but uh don't want to hurt you, yeah that's it." So it was all bark, no bite. A mechanical LoB.

No, it still served its purpose, as it wrecked the prison's fence.

But against Negan and the Sanctuary, it's quite useless.

DarkSaint85

cdtm
Didn't they take out a sniper tower? Could have sworn they fired off the cannon, at least once..

StiltmanFTW
Didn't they take out a sniper tower? Could have sworn they fired off the cannon, at least once..

No, they didn't.

Not in the comics.

riv6672
Somebody obviously needs to play more CALL OF DUTY. stick out tongue

One_Angry_Scot

One_Angry_Scot

Stoic
Negan would beat the trailer park trash out of the Gov. Michonne did him in so fast that I began to understand why they needed to drag things out with him in the TV series. The Gov. was a punk without his goon squad.

Galan007
The Saviors utterly stomp the Woodburians as a whole. The tank is almost completely irrelevant on an open field of battle, given the limited supply of ordinance it has, along with the extremely limited experience of its operators. Conversely, the Saviors are ALL extremely well-armed(FAR moreso than the Woodburians), and are organized/trained specifically for Guerrilla-esque warfare. The Saviors also have much greater numbers, and an abundance of grenades/explosives at their disposal.

Negan shitstomps the Governor individually.

DarkSaint85
Negan also made his troops into something akin to a cult around him....they'd fight to the end if needed.

StiltmanFTW
Yeah, it doesn't matter if we use comics or TV series versions here - Woodbury forces get stomped by the Saviors.

Comic tank is almost entirely useless.

TV tank is vulnerable to nades.

Adam Grimes
Negan ends up Lucilling the Gov when he realizes Phillip is too deranged to being kept as a pet after the saviours pummel them. He'd probably like it too.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.