KMC the end?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Putinbot1
As Walshy said in another thread, not many sites last 20 years without an upgrade.
Years ago, maybe 2012 Warehouse and I discussed how eventually the elements of code and plugins that work in a site like this would fall apart through the need for an update.

Now new memberships cannot be made because of the recaptcha plugin not supporting Bulletin V1.

For me this is the saddest thing, for almost two decades I laughed at bans and said and did pretty much what I wanted here

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/memberlist.php

These pages of socks are a fraction of what I have made in the last two decades as many know the original Whirly was not my first account here.

But now the game is over a ban means a ban, until the forum fades through natural entropy, probably the most potent force in the DC multiverse.

What does this mean for the future?

Will we all be kinder to each other as we know we cant just flip the IP and create a new account?

Over the decades, I've used mail servers, Tor, John domyn, VPN's etc. to create a myriad of new and colourful characters, now I can't transform. I am Miracleman trapped as Mike Moran, Captain Marvel (the real one) trapped as Billy Batson. Surtur is Captain Marvel trapped as Carol Danvers; Fly is trapped by his drug abuse and insanity.

Where does the forum go now?

We are the abandoned and the lost, some of us have been here almost 20 years. We only get one life now...

Am I now the crappy TV version of Westworld with the backups destroyed, or Yul Brynner; who can say, will the site die tomorrow and all this be lost like tears in rain?

Thoughts?

walshy
Getting me all emotional, the end had to come sometime. 😢

Putinbot1
Originally posted by walshy
Getting me all emotional, the end had to come sometime. 😢 Yes, it did Welshy... I remember you!

BackFire
someone should make a KMC subreddit and advertise it all over this site, so when the site inevitably dies, we can go and continue hating each other there.

DarthSkywalker0
Originally posted by BackFire
someone should make a KMC subreddit and advertise it all over this site, so when the site inevitably dies, we can go and continue hating each other there.

Good idea, or we can use always use my forum :>

BackFire
But you're only a child.

Putinbot1
someone should make a KMC subreddit and advertise it all over this site, so when the site inevitably dies, we can go and continue hating each other there. Haha, I have never hated anyone here, to be honest Backfire. I don't think you have either.

Bashar Teg
Originally posted by Putinbot1

Thoughts?

1: raz, you can tongue punch my assh0le. shame on you. unless some really bad shit happened to you, then forget all that.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Galan007
Not true.

Whirly PM'd me not long ago with a brand new account(as he's done for YEARS now, lol.) Assuming what he told me is true, it's very easy to get around the outdated captcha prompt when creating a new account.

DarthSkywalker0
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW

Well, there is hope.

Robtard
As Walshy said in another thread, not many sites last 20 years without an upgrade.
Years ago, maybe 2012 Warehouse and I discussed how eventually the elements of code and plugins that work in a site like this would fall apart through the need for an update.

Now new memberships cannot be made because of the recaptcha plugin not supporting Bulletin V1.

For me this is the saddest thing, for almost two decades I laughed at bans and said and did pretty much what I wanted here

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/memberlist.php

These pages of socks are a fraction of what I have made in the last two decades as many know the original Whirly was not my first account here.

But now the game is over a ban means a ban, until the forum fades through natural entropy, probably the most potent force in the DC multiverse.

What does this mean for the future?

Will we all be kinder to each other as we know we cant just flip the IP and create a new account?

Over the decades, I've used mail servers, Tor, John domyn, VPN's etc. to create a myriad of new and colourful characters, now I can't transform. I am Miracleman trapped as Mike Moran, Captain Marvel (the real one) trapped as Billy Batson. Surtur is Captain Marvel trapped as Carol Danvers; Fly is trapped by his drug abuse and insanity.

Where does the forum go now?

We are the abandoned and the lost, some of us have been here almost 20 years. We only get one life now...

Am I now the crappy TV version of Westworld with the backups destroyed, or Yul Brynner; who can say, will the site die tomorrow and all this be lost like tears in rain?

Thoughts?

^ This post deserves the Pulitzer, Nobel and two Purple Hearts. Bravo. *claps*

The 27th of this month will mark my 13th year here, though I didn't post much at all for the first year, but I've always played knowing I had one life. -survivor-

Putinbot1
The only way something like that could be done is with magic... or activation codes. I'm sure Galan just got the time I joined with this account wrong.

Putinbot1
Originally posted by Robtard
^ This post deserves the Pulitzer, Nobel and two Purple Hearts. Bravo. *claps*

The 27th of this month will mark my 13th year here, though I didn't post much at all for the first year, but I've always played knowing I had one life. -survivor- You are a Survivor mate and yes you always played with honour.

Impediment
The end has to come sometime.

Until then, I'll log on here and swap dick picks with BackFire for my viewing displeasure.

Bashar Teg
the ability to skirt banning does not save this site, so your optimism is not warranted. unless instructions are stickied in every form, even then who's gonna bother? its over.

BackFire
I've been on this site for almost half my life. God I suck.

Bash, Imp, fist me extra hard as punishment tonight.

Robtard
One of these days I'm going to come here and it's going to be a 404, this is how I expect the end will come

snowdragon
Man, I've been around 13 years off and on........crazy.

NemeBro
Whirly is the OP.

One Big Mob
Somebody should figure out a way into Raz's account, appoint someone trustworthy with additional full admin powers (not the joke Raz played on Ush), and go from there.

It's not like Raz is going to care when he's resting in an urn. At worst his ashes blow from one side to the other.

Putinbot1
Originally posted by One Big Mob
Somebody should figure out a way into Raz's account, appoint someone trustworthy with additional full admin powers (not the joke Raz played on Ush), and go from there.

It's not like Raz is going to care when he's resting in an urn. At worst his ashes blow from one side to the other. Bloody good idea actually OBM.

He's still alive and still living in Blackburn, Lancashire I suspect although he did move to London for a bit as I understand it...

StiltmanFTW
The only way something like that could be done is with magic... or activation codes. I'm sure Galan just got the time I joined with this account wrong.

Ah, Old Man Galan messed up again. Damn.

sad

Bashar Teg
I've been on this site for almost half my life. God I suck.

Bash, Imp, fist me extra hard as punishment tonight.

you guys should make another site. sticky the link. you're the captains now.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by NemeBro
Whirly is the OP.

Yeah, my bad.

What about that baziemarc's sock account you spotted? It was fairly recently.

Bashar Teg
what's a whirly? smile

Putinbot1
Ah, Old Man Galan messed up again. Damn.

sad When you get as old as Leo, Galan or I unless you are Rob, you forget stuff, it happens. Look at Fly, he's sixty-odd (very odd) now and can barely string a sentence together.

Putinbot1
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
what's a whirly? smile A silly old troll. smile

Jmanghan

It's not like Raz is going to care when he's resting in an urn. At worst his ashes blow from one side to the other. Imp would be a great choice, with Bada being co-admin.

StiltmanFTW
But what about your fantastic Black Knight thread, Jma? How could we possibly salvage it???

NemeBro
Somebody should figure out a way into Raz's account, appoint someone trustworthy with additional full admin powers (not the joke Raz played on Ush) laughing out loud

NemeBro
Yeah, my bad.

What about that baziemarc's sock account you spotted? It was fairly recently. I honestly don't know, since like I said I couldn't access it when I clicked it, nor has he posted.

StiltmanFTW
Probably because he got deleted already.

If socks get caught early, even non-globals (like Pr) can f*ck them up.

HentaiLover
Go to hell, Putinbot, you loser f*cking f@ggot.

Unoriginal
At the very least a few of us could archive this place while it's working. I know it's something I'm going to work on this weekend.

ESB -1138

I didn't even know that new members can't happen. Wow. If that's true then it's sad. This site is kind of that last grasp to a time long gone now for me. So, basically, we're just now waiting for Armageddon to happen. Is that it? Just one day, we'll try to log onto KMC and it'll be gone? Is that what will happen?

Mindship
This is what I want to hear when it comes ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSUIQgEVDM4

dadudemon
So many KMC clones have been made by people over the years. So many. And they all die. Why? The power-posters don't go and the true content foundations don't get migrated. This will always be why it fails.

Can all the posts and content be migrated to a new site? No. We need an admin to help.

Honestly, I think at this point, someone does need to do something illegal by hacking the site and escalating privileges.

This site should be moved to a Cloud solution like Azure to make it more stable, accessible, and secure (in addition to upgrading the vBulletin software this site runs on: vBulletin 5 Connect).

StiltmanFTW
Nobody has any way of contacting Raz?

Impediment
Raz has an actual killermovies.com email address, but he hasn't answered us in three years.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Impediment
Raz has an actual killermovies.com email address, but he hasn't answered us in three years.

I contacted him via his formal e-mail associated with the domain. I called him, as well.

He's not interested in coming back to KMC. Something about it pisses him off.

Robtard
Originally posted by dadudemon
I contacted him via his formal e-mail associated with the domain. I called him, as well.

He's not interested in coming back to KMC. Something about it pisses him off. How long ago was this?

NemeBro

He's not interested in coming back to KMC. Something about it pisses him off. He's a cock sucker yeah.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Robtard
How long ago was this?

Over 2 years ago. I used my work e-mail address to demonstrate I was a legit human with a professional presence in the IT Community so he wouldn't think it was a board troll.

I also offered him $7k for the site: down from the initial offer of $20k from years ago.

Also, re-read my post and it makes it seem like I talked to him. I didn't respond to e-mail or phone. He's gone or ignoring us.

StiltmanFTW
How did you get his telephone number? stick out tongue

truejedi
Over 2 years ago. I used my work e-mail address to demonstrate I was a legit human with a professional presence in the IT Community so he wouldn't think it was a board troll.

I also offered him $7k for the site: down from the initial offer of $20k from years ago.

Also, re-read my post and it makes it seem like I talked to him. I didn't respond to e-mail or phone. He's gone or ignoring us. think he still collects ad revenue from it?

Putinbot1
How did you get his telephone number? stick out tongue through the contact for the hosting.

quanchi112
Nothing in life can truly ever last. Best not to dwell on change it is inevitable.

Pearl of wisdom ~Quan.

Jmanghan
Raz sold the website.

Flyattractor
Was it bought by Disney?

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Raz sold the website.

If we trust Time Immemorial and the site he looked it up on, yeah.

Originally posted by Flyattractor
Was it bought by Disney?

Tariq Anwar.

Flyattractor
Tariq Anwar.

Was He bought by Disney as well?

Robtard

Tariq Anwar.

I believe Raz's surname is "Anwar" as well (someone has said this before at least), so it seems like a brother or other family member

Robtard
Shame Bardock42's forum Gatheringstatic.com was put on hold, could have been a place of KMC's diaspora once it goes 404

Eternal Idol
What happened to Bardock?

I used to see his posts all over the GDF, along with your own, PVS', dadudemon's, and Deano's.

Flyattractor
He posts under socks mostly now.

walshy
I'm one of his socks actually

The other night kmc was giving me an error page, not sure how much of it is kmc dying or the server messing up, it's happened before tho so hopefully it's not a sign of things to come

Blight
Man, what's weird is that if this place 404'd, I don't think I have anyone's contact info from here. You'd all disappear and it would be as if none of you ever existed.

Only person I had crazy contact with was Guy, and.. you know.

Badabing
I woild happily buy KMC and update/upgrade the site. I even had people who said they would update the main KMC site regarding new movies. But I have no clue how to buy the site, or even estimates its worth.

Putinbot1
Originally posted by Badabing
I woild happily buy KMC and update/upgrade the site. I even had people who said they would update the main KMC site regarding new movies. But I have no clue how to buy the site, or even estimates its worth. I would go halves with you if you ever found out and wanted to, DDDM tried to buy it years ago.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Badabing
I woild happily buy KMC and update/upgrade the site. I even had people who said they would update the main KMC site regarding new movies. But I have no clue how to buy the site, or even estimates its worth.

And I would support your effort, too, if Raz would sell it to you. I would definitely help with the front page with movie reviews. And I'd start up my detailed movie ratings again and put some graphics around it to make it pretty. Here's my old movie rating system (I'd have to remove the 3D effect because that's falling out of favor):

Color: C 75
Lighting: C 75
(Optional)3D Effect: ?
CGI Animation/Visual Effects: D 65
Sound: B 85
Music: B+ 88

Score out of 5 categories due to area 3 not being counted: 388

Story: A 95
Acting: B 85
Character development: B 85
Character Interaction: B+ 88
Character realism: B 85
Emotional Impact of the film: A 95

Score out of 6 categories: 533

Setting: A- 92
Innovation: C 75
Fictional Tech in the movie (optional and usually applies to Sci-Fi): ?
Unique Flora and Fauna (optional and usually applies to Sci-Fi): ?
Wow Factor: B- 82
Camera Angles/Use/choreography: B- 82
Re-watchability: C 75
Rating of 5 areas: 406

((406/5)+(533/6)+(388/5))/3 = 82.54 which is a low b which means it is generally not rewatchable.

I would go halves with you if you ever found out and wanted to, DDDM tried to buy it years ago.

Not once, but twice. First time, offered 20k. Second time, offered 4.5k. He didn't bite either time and I'm not even sure if my messages got to him.

The only way to buy the site is with a lawyer who specializes in this kind of thing. I honestly don't know any magic ways outside of special website lawyers. There are ways but it may take a year or something. You have to file this, file that, serve notice request to the front-man company he's using to protect his personal info, etc.

All of that would take a lawyer.

Putinbot1
And I would support your effort, too, if Raz would sell it to you. I would definitely help with the front page with movie reviews. And I'd start up my detailed movie ratings again and put some graphics around it to make it pretty. Here's my old movie rating system (I'd have to remove the 3D effect because that's falling out of favor):

Not once, but twice. First time, offered 20k. Second time, offered 4.5k. He didn't bite either time and I'm not even sure if my messages got to him.

The only way to buy the site is with a lawyer who specializes in this kind of thing. I honestly don't know any magic ways outside of special website lawyers. There are ways but it may take a year or something. You have to file this, file that, serve notice request to the front-man company he's using to protect his personal info, etc.

All of that would take a lawyer. Let's do this then, I have a vacation coming up in a few weeks once I'm out of Africa I'll look into the lawyer, if it's a go we do this with promises none of us will share personal info about each other publicly or privately.

dadudemon

snowdragon
Color me surprised, that was well thought out.

Badabing
I would go halves with you if you ever found out and wanted to, DDDM tried to buy it years ago. Originally posted by dadudemon

All of that would take a lawyer. All that would work for me. I had been asking Raz for years to update the site. He was going to look into it then just disappeared.

It's a shame. I had hoped to retire mods, add new mods, update the Star Wars, movies and TV forums. I wanted a like system, and a share system for FB, Twitter, etc.

I still don't know why Raz just up and left without even giving a mod admin permissions.

Edit: I also wanted to unban some accounts too.

Putinbot1
@DDM I'm happy with all that.

Putinbot1
@ Bada sounds good, I'll front a K for the legal fees if you and DDM do the same, when we find out the cost we can decide if we want to take it further.

Robtard
Someone's still in control, add revenue is still being generated. I don't see it as I have ad-blocks, but it's happening.

dadudemon

Impediment
I'll pitch in, too. I like what I've read, thus far.

dadudemon
Well, that's 3 and potentially 4 if you include Supra.

Darkstorm Zero
Lol, I've been a part of KMC for too long to not help out however much I can. (May 2005..... damn...)

That being said, if we need a new satelite forum, I CAN set one up fairly easily with either Forumotion or Jcink forums. I already run several forums so I know the back end of those..... decently well (I'm no coder admittedly.) But I can set it up, and then we can make pinned announcements in each forum for a while so people can know where they can migrate to. Assuming acquiring KMC does not work, it does provide us a way to at the very least have a place to go once this place finally bites itself into oblivion.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
Lol, I've been a part of KMC for too long to not help out however much I can. (May 2005..... damn...)

That being said, if we need a new satelite forum, I CAN set one up fairly easily with either Forumotion or Jcink forums. I already run several forums so I know the back end of those..... decently well (I'm no coder admittedly.) But I can set it up, and then we can make pinned announcements in each forum for a while so people can know where they can migrate to. Assuming acquiring KMC does not work, it does provide us a way to at the very least have a place to go once this place finally bites itself into oblivion.

Actually.....................

That's a great idea.

I'd rather we all just go to a new forum and register there. But every time we try to do it, people just come back here and those new forums die down.

We should have a global mod sticky every forum and tell them to go to the new forum.

But we'd lose nearly priceless amounts of info. Some of the best and most unique Movie reviews, movie vs. debates, comic reviews, comic debates, and Star Wars discussions have been had on this site. Seriously, some particular topics are not covered anywhere else on the net.

At KMC's height, it was in the top 100 most trafficked websites in the world. In the effing world! When it was at it's height, the most trafficked site (outside of the search engines) was IGN, believe it or not.

Now the most trafficked site, outside of search engines, is YouTube.

Darkstorm Zero
Actually.....................

That's a great idea.

I'd rather we all just go to a new forum and register there. But every time we try to do it, people just come back here and those new forums die down.

We should have a global mod sticky every forum and tell them to go to the new forum.

But we'd lose nearly priceless amounts of info. Some of the best and most unique Movie reviews, movie vs. debates, comic reviews, comic debates, and Star Wars discussions have been had on this site. Seriously, some particular topics are not covered anywhere else on the net.

At KMC's height, it was in the top 100 most trafficked websites in the world. In the effing world! When it was at it's height, the most trafficked site (outside of the search engines) was IGN, believe it or not.

Now the most trafficked site, outside of search engines, is YouTube.

Heh, they come here because it's familiar, and familiar is comforting. But that being said, I know that KMC's archives are invaluable, soon though, unless we get the rights to migrate the data, we will lose it either way once the software is kaput. Better to have the migration option ready to go than to scramble at the last possible minute. Thats the pragmatic side of me tho.

Scribble
I'd rather we all just go to a new forum and register there. But every time we try to do it, people just come back here and those new forums die down. It's true. And painful. I'd rather this place just die, so I could have sigs larger than 50gdkb. But I always end up back here, one way or another.

Darkstorm Zero
Well, the offer is there, I'm sure the mods will PM me if they wish to make the attempt to migrate. To make it work, it must be a concerted effort.

Putinbot1
I will try and contact Raz

dadudemon

Great! I hope you have better success than I did.

Peace be upon you, etc.

Putinbot1
Great! I hope you have better success than I did.

Peace be upon you, etc. Given his second name is Anwar perhaps if I send in Arabic I will get a better result.

StiltmanFTW

Good luck thumb up Let us know if you had any success.

Putinbot1
Good luck thumb up Let us know if you had any success. I will do Stilt.

Flyattractor
http://commonmom.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/071210.jpg

Blight
This is friggin awesome. I have absolutely no money (live in Portland) but if you guys ever need help with code junkie shit, I'm game.

Bentley
I'll pitch in moneywise when we get to that part. I have wasted quite enough time in here to warrant some monetary investment.

BackFire
This is cool. Keep us updated.

walshy
If kmc comes under new management I call president of the otf

Impediment
Originally posted by walshy
If kmc comes under new management I call president of the otf

You can be BackFire's assistant who gets him coffee and dances sexually for him.

shiv
Walshy 4 Senior Co Admin

Unoriginal
In case the kmc buyout doesn't happen. I think the best thing to do would be to discuss who will handle the new forum and just agree to go over there once this place kicks the bucket.

Unoriginal
None of us really want to leave this place but having an agreed upon alternative would make it easier to continue on shitposting and arguing

dadudemon
Originally posted by Unoriginal
In case the kmc buyout doesn't happen. I think the best thing to do would be to discuss who will handle the new forum and just agree to go over there once this place kicks the bucket.

Agreed. I think this is our best bet. And we need a global mod to spam sticky every sub-forum with the new forum URL.

And as long as this site is up, we can link or wiki-duplicate some of the more amazing threads where lots of value was added. For example, some of Digi's amazing comic-book forum documentation on characters.

Whirly, I'm getting more on board with the "let's go to another forum" idea. Raz clearly is still doing things for this forum but is being a ripe-c*nt about things by not doing anything about it or showing up. He's avoiding this place on purpose but still doing things to administer it, poorly, in the background.

Raz, if you read this message, you're such a tw*t. I offered you a good price for this site, twice, I offered to administer all the technical BS and still give you the ad profits and you still didn't accept. You're either an idiot or you're trolling all of us and having a good laugh. Regardless, it makes you a ripe-fanny of the highest degree.

Impediment
I can sticky a note to all of the active forums.

Whatever happens, I just want to continue being a mod of the movie forums and MVF, global or not.

I'd also like to agree with DDM, to an extent, that Raz is giving all of us a big middle finger by not being even a little bit active. We've shown a lot of dedication and this is how we're rewarded? Whatever.

Flyattractor
Is that what they call it now a days?!

Putinbot1
@DDM I'm worried about moving to another forum and it staying the SA.e. the fact the mods are real grown ups and go across the right left forum keeps this place neutral.

Impediment
All of the power mad Nazi mods of yesteryear are long gone.

Myself, Badabing, and BackFire are active, to an extent, and aren't douche bags who ban at a whim for slight infractions. -Pr- should have been promoted to global status a long time ago, IMO.

Flyattractor
@DDM I'm worried about moving to another forum and it staying the SA.e. the fact the mods are real grown ups and go across the right left forum keeps this place neutral.

Myself, Badabing, and BackFire are active, to an extent, and aren't douche bags who ban at a whim for slight infractions. -Pr- should have been promoted to global status a long time ago, IMO.

https://media.giphy.com/media/eDRMJVxz5xI2I/giphy.gif

Impediment
https://media.giphy.com/media/eDRMJVxz5xI2I/giphy.gif

Your eloquence is overwhelming.

Flyattractor
Your eloquence is overwhelming.

Consider that when they start picking Most Grand Potentate Ultra Administrator for the New KMC.

Vote For Fly. He is a Great Guy Campaign starts NOW!

LordofBrooklyn

You went too far with your endorsement of The Scalebag and The WRETCHED Pr!

Putinbot1

Myself, Badabing, and BackFire are active, to an extent, and aren't douche bags who ban at a whim for slight infractions. -Pr- should have been promoted to global status a long time ago, IMO. All true, and Paul has seriously become one of my favourite posters tbh.

Flyattractor
You got a dab of brown stuff on your nose there Pooty.

Quite a Large Glob of Brown Stuff to be honest.

Putinbot1
You got a dab of brown stuff on your nose there Pooty.

Quite a Large Glob of Brown Stuff to be honest. If you knew my history around here kid, you'd know that really isn't me in me. As the moderation do. In that sense I am the most honest troll around.

Flyattractor
HAHAHAHAHAHA! That is a Good One.

dadudemon

Mos def, I think the mods we have left are good. Just people who are vigilant enough to remove spammers, illegal crap, and bad-seeds (like harassers who doxx or something).

I can sticky a note to all of the active forums.

Whatever happens, I just want to continue being a mod of the movie forums and MVF, global or not.

I'd also like to agree with DDM, to an extent, that Raz is giving all of us a big middle finger by not being even a little bit active. We've shown a lot of dedication and this is how we're rewarded? Whatever.

So we have at least one global mod willing to leave a trail over to the new forum. My only question at this point is...what the f*ck are we waiting for? We can duplicate the structure that we know and love at the new place (a politics/philosophy/science forum, Movies, MvF, etc.).

All of us grew up, here. We know what to do.

You're not wrong. If you have the time, co-admin to ensure the same crap doesn't happen. Robtard is still onboard with being a trustee. If enough of us send him seed capital, he can pay for a forum that will be up for at least a few years. His kids will need money so I don't give a shit about the ad revenue: let him have it all.

Darkstorm Zero
Well, if people want to actually pay money for a forum system, I may not be able to help monetarily, but I CAN make a suggestion as to the type of forum software that can be used.

https://xenforo.com/

It's the same type of software used by Spacebattles and Sufficient Velocity, and it works very well. I may even be able to get Xon in for technical assistance from time to time.

Unoriginal
I can offer some technical support. I'm a system admin and know a thing or two about the computers

James T. Kirk
I've got my own forum if anyone's interested. It's relatively new and pretty ****ing dead so could do with an injection of life into it,

http://whoneedsatopic.if1.us/

walshy
I came across this, you can buy the domain, hopefully if someone is willing to make an offer, it'll at least evoke a response from raz

https://www.namecheap.com/domains/registration/results.aspx?domain=killermovies.com

Jmanghan
Mos def, I think the mods we have left are good. Just people who are vigilant enough to remove spammers, illegal crap, and bad-seeds (like harassers who doxx or something).

So we have at least one global mod willing to leave a trail over to the new forum. My only question at this point is...what the f*ck are we waiting for? We can duplicate the structure that we know and love at the new place (a politics/philosophy/science forum, Movies, MvF, etc.).

All of us grew up, here. We know what to do.

You're not wrong. If you have the time, co-admin to ensure the same crap doesn't happen. Robtard is still onboard with being a trustee. If enough of us send him seed capital, he can pay for a forum that will be up for at least a few years. His kids will need money so I don't give a shit about the ad revenue: let him have it all.

Apparently not to the point where they can remove people that are still doxxing others to this day.

Impediment
Apparently not to the point where they can remove people that are still doxxing others to this day.

(Smeagol voice)

We apologize, master! We tries better to ban the stupid, fat trolls who doxxes the members. Smeagol loves master. Don't send us away! We just want to have a life outside of the KMC board. *gollum* *gollum*

Jmanghan
(Smeagol voice)

We apologize, master! We tries better to ban the stupid, fat trolls who doxxes the members. Smeagol loves master. Don't send us away! We just want to have a life outside of the KMC board. *gollum* *gollum* xD

cdtm
I'd take the job.

I'd be as good as Raz is now.

cdtm
If you knew my history around here kid, you'd know that really isn't me in me. As the moderation do. In that sense I am the most honest troll around.

IMO, you're not even really a troll.

You make genuinely good points. Push buttons doing it, maybe, but that sure isn't my definition of troll.

Flyattractor
yes. It is his poor houseboy that should get all our pity.

Putinbot1
Originally posted by cdtm
IMO, you're not even really a troll.

You make genuinely good points. Push buttons doing it, maybe, but that sure isn't my definition of troll. Thanks mate, I appreciate that.

Jessica Tandy

Deano
Originally posted by Eternal Idol
What happened to Bardock?

I used to see his posts all over the GDF, along with your own, PVS', dadudemon's, and Deano's.

I'm still alive . But pretty much retired from forums cool

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Deano
I'm still alive . But pretty much retired from forums cool

oh my gosh,your first post since 2013, not that Im one to talk since thats the exact same case with me,alive but retired from the forums as well. until recently when i posted a couple of posts.last time was over a year ago. that last poster you were talking with in your last post way back then was a shill on the payroll of the CIA. i see kmc FINALLY took action against him as they should have done YEARS way before then.

that was why i stopped posting here,too many of them like him were permitted to roam here free as a bird and get away with so much crap it was unreal.

Eon Blue

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Deano
I'm still alive . But pretty much retired from forums cool and you changed your name...

Jmanghan
Raz came back recently and set things in order, I don't think he sold the site as we were led to believe, but probably just.. renewed it? the domain i think.

dadudemon

rudester
Awww shit

rudester
Why dont you just start a new website and call it KMC2pointohh...

rudester
And have everyone jump over to that site?

Flyattractor
Nah. Lets all go down with the Site! TO THE BOTTOM!!!!!!!!

AsbestosFlaygon
Man I have been gone from this site for so long. Used to be a frequent poster in the OTF, Gen Disc, and Comics VS threads. Now I just visit sporadically.

If it's true no new members can join now, this site will eventually die out. I've learned and grown reading many threads here, especially the Comics Respect thread which has a great deal of knowledge for comicbook enthusiasts.

I've seen Gen Kaliero and Peach build their real-life relationship through this forum, Guy222 the nicest "guy" I've ever met online, Red Hulk the funniest Comics VS poster, Whirly KMC's ultimate troll/sock, etc. So many fond memories growing up logging into this site and reading all the crap. Good times, good times.

Thanks everyone. I hope you guys find a way to save this website, or at least transfer some data somehow to another server/website.

BackFire
Wasn't that fixed? I'm pretty sure Raz made it so new members could join again last time he was here.

Bentley
I think we should just post stickies pointing to a new forum in all the main forums and clone threads into the new forum and link to those everytime a new thread is created until this forum dies. Open the gates for spambots until it becomes unreadable.

We call it plan scorched Earth and force everyone out thumb up

StiltmanFTW
Wasn't that fixed? I'm pretty sure Raz made it so new members could join again last time he was here.

It was fixed, yes.

Impediment
The most important thing, to me, is that all of the rule crazy nazi mods of yesteryear have moved on. They killed the fun of this place by banning members at the drop of a hat and that behavior, in turn, drove away valuable members.

quanchi112
thumb up

Jmanghan
The most important thing, to me, is that all of the rule crazy nazi mods of yesteryear have moved on. They killed the fun of this place by banning members at the drop of a hat and that behavior, in turn, drove away valuable members. I think, actually, we aren't strict enough.

We have all these people, doxxes every other day, some that go completely under the radar.

Then we have all these super toxic people who make it harder just to post on KMC and have a good time talking about whatever it is you wanna talk about.

Yeah these are partly personal complaints but you have to admit they're legitimate in some cases.

I mean the SW Versus forum got so bad that when someone got temp banned the entire subforum attacked Bada like he did something wrong, I forget what said person said but everyone was like "Ban me next" and trying to defend dude's toxic actions. That shit be whack yo.

I'm pretty hardcore SJW though so people here disagree with a lot of my stances.

cdtm
SW forum attacked Bada over a temp ban?

That's kind of nuts. When Fly was banned, everyone cheered. I remember the party.

Of course, when I was banned, no one noticed. smile

dadudemon
Originally posted by Bentley
I think we should just post stickies pointing to a new forum in all the main forums and clone threads into the new forum and link to those everytime a new thread is created until this forum dies. Open the gates for spambots until it becomes unreadable.

We call it plan scorched Earth and force everyone out thumb up

Lol!

The most important thing, to me, is that all of the rule crazy nazi mods of yesteryear have moved on. They killed the fun of this place by banning members at the drop of a hat and that behavior, in turn, drove away valuable members.

100% spot-on. Peach and Ush were all over the place. From being awesome mods to insufferable Eric Cartman hall monitors. Some had problems with WrathfulDwarf but I loved that guy. Some also had issues with Paola...but...she was awesome. big grin

dadudemon
I think, actually, we aren't strict enough.

We have all these people, doxxes every other day, some that go completely under the radar.

Then we have all these super toxic people who make it harder just to post on KMC and have a good time talking about whatever it is you wanna talk about.

Yeah these are partly personal complaints but you have to admit they're legitimate in some cases.

I mean the SW Versus forum got so bad that when someone got temp banned the entire subforum attacked Bada like he did something wrong, I forget what said person said but everyone was like "Ban me next" and trying to defend dude's toxic actions. That shit be whack yo.

I'm pretty hardcore SJW though so people here disagree with a lot of my stances.

You're definitely not an SJW. You're a bit more sensitive and caring than most but that doesn't make you an SJW.

I mostly agree about it being too loose but Imp, Backcire, and Bada take care of the doxxers - they get banned. And Imp does a good job of cleaning up the spammers. But Quan, Fly, Surt, and Robtard just go at it too much. And Bashar is a waste of space as he doesn't do anything but post hateful, mocking, and troll posts.

Impediment
I keep telling everyone to use the "Ignore Function", but some people just don't listen. It's like they want the attention and trolling, but then they mash the report button 15 times in one day and say "WAHHHH!!!! My feelingz R HERT! Do something, IMP!!! WAHHH!!!"

Too many people here can gladly dish it out but can't take it back, in return.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

quanchi112
I also do not report anyone save maybe spamming a battlezone. Ignoring is for the weak. Fight me, Surt.

dadudemon

You're wrong. smile

Don't know why cdtm was banned. Too bad that happened. I liked his posts.

Come back smarter and less-bannable, cdtm. We will wait for you. smile

dadudemon
Originally posted by quanchi112
I also do not report anyone...Ignoring is for the weak.

thumb up

I can use my eyes to skip over useless posters' posts. It's easy!

quanchi112
thumb up

I can use my eyes to skip over useless posters' posts. It's easy! My posts are necessary and significant.

StiltmanFTW

Your ban only lasted 3 days.

And everyone noticed anyway, lol.

cdtm
You're wrong. smile

embarrasment

Happy Dance

Flyattractor
Your ban only lasted 3 days.

And everyone noticed anyway, lol.

embarrasment

Happy Dance

Yeah. There were a few... "PEOPLE" who would NOT SHUT UP about how they got someone banned for stupid reasons.

Those type of "PEOPLE" can be really SMALL and Petty.

quanchi112
Fly is so saddddd, awwwww.

Flyattractor
Qua is Lying again... AAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!

quanchi112
Qua is Lying again... AAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!! Did So,Elmer Burt yer wittle feewings, aww.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by quanchi112
Did So,Elmer Burt yer wittle feewings, aww.

Nah but watching you twist things to fit into your warpes little narrative and Fail miserably always puts a SMILE On my face!

https://i1.ytimg.com/vi/jWgnwOr2lAA/hqdefault.jpg

Jmanghan
I keep telling everyone to use the "Ignore Function", but some people just don't listen. It's like they want the attention and trolling, but then they mash the report button 15 times in one day and say "WAHHHH!!!! My feelingz R HERT! Do something, IMP!!! WAHHH!!!"

roll eyes (sarcastic) Just to be clear, that wasnt a direct attack, I'll be the first to admit that I do that, a lot.

I don't think there's anything inherently wrong with sensitivity either, it helps you to know you're human and that it is okay to be offended by some things.

Robtard

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Who's spamming the report button?

quanchi112
Guarantee it is Josh that little pissant.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>