KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » KMC the end?

KMC the end?
Started by: Putinbot1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

KMC the end?

As Walshy said in another thread, not many sites last 20 years without an upgrade.
Years ago, maybe 2012 Warehouse and I discussed how eventually the elements of code and plugins that work in a site like this would fall apart through the need for an update.

Now new memberships cannot be made because of the recaptcha plugin not supporting Bulletin V1.

For me this is the saddest thing, for almost two decades I laughed at bans and said and did pretty much what I wanted here

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/memberlist.php

These pages of socks are a fraction of what I have made in the last two decades as many know the original Whirly was not my first account here.

But now the game is over a ban means a ban, until the forum fades through natural entropy, probably the most potent force in the DC multiverse.

What does this mean for the future?

Will we all be kinder to each other as we know we cant just flip the IP and create a new account?

Over the decades, I've used mail servers, Tor, John domyn, VPN's etc. to create a myriad of new and colourful characters, now I can't transform. I am Miracleman trapped as Mike Moran, Captain Marvel (the real one) trapped as Billy Batson. Surtur is Captain Marvel trapped as Carol Danvers; Fly is trapped by his drug abuse and insanity.

Where does the forum go now?

We are the abandoned and the lost, some of us have been here almost 20 years. We only get one life now...

Am I now the crappy TV version of Westworld with the backups destroyed, or Yul Brynner; who can say, will the site die tomorrow and all this be lost like tears in rain?

Thoughts?

Last edited by Putinbot1 on Jul 13th, 2018 at 12:04 AM

Old Post Jul 13th, 2018 12:01 AM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
walshy
Veteran. Wrestler. Hero

Getting me all emotional, the end had to come sometime. 😢

Old Post Jul 13th, 2018 12:10 AM
walshy is currently offline Click here to Send walshy a Private Message Find more posts by walshy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by walshy
Getting me all emotional, the end had to come sometime. 😢
Yes, it did Welshy... I remember you!

Old Post Jul 13th, 2018 12:12 AM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

someone should make a KMC subreddit and advertise it all over this site, so when the site inevitably dies, we can go and continue hating each other there.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2018 12:13 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthSkywalker0
The Insane Jedi Master

Originally posted by BackFire
someone should make a KMC subreddit and advertise it all over this site, so when the site inevitably dies, we can go and continue hating each other there.

Good idea, or we can use always use my forum :>

"I killed them, of course. Just as I killed the Guardian. Just as I now kill you."

Old Post Jul 13th, 2018 12:14 AM
DarthSkywalker0 is currently offline Click here to Send DarthSkywalker0 a Private Message Find more posts by DarthSkywalker0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

But you're only a child.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2018 12:14 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by BackFire
Haha, I have never hated anyone here, to be honest Backfire. I don't think you have either.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2018 12:15 AM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

Re: KMC the end?

Originally posted by Putinbot1

Thoughts?

1: raz, you can tongue punch my assh0le. shame on you. unless some really bad shit happened to you, then forget all that.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by Galan007
Not true.

Whirly PM'd me not long ago with a brand new account(as he's done for YEARS now, lol.) Assuming what he told me is true, it's very easy to get around the outdated captcha prompt when creating a new account.

StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthSkywalker0
The Insane Jedi Master

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW

Well, there is hope.

"I killed them, of course. Just as I killed the Guardian. Just as I now kill you."

Old Post Jul 13th, 2018 12:16 AM
DarthSkywalker0 is currently offline Click here to Send DarthSkywalker0 a Private Message Find more posts by DarthSkywalker0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Re: KMC the end?

Originally posted by Putinbot1
As Walshy said in another thread, not many sites last 20 years without an upgrade.
Years ago, maybe 2012 Warehouse and I discussed how eventually the elements of code and plugins that work in a site like this would fall apart through the need for an update.

Now new memberships cannot be made because of the recaptcha plugin not supporting Bulletin V1.

For me this is the saddest thing, for almost two decades I laughed at bans and said and did pretty much what I wanted here

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/memberlist.php

These pages of socks are a fraction of what I have made in the last two decades as many know the original Whirly was not my first account here.

But now the game is over a ban means a ban, until the forum fades through natural entropy, probably the most potent force in the DC multiverse.

What does this mean for the future?

Will we all be kinder to each other as we know we cant just flip the IP and create a new account?

Over the decades, I've used mail servers, Tor, John domyn, VPN's etc. to create a myriad of new and colourful characters, now I can't transform. I am Miracleman trapped as Mike Moran, Captain Marvel (the real one) trapped as Billy Batson. Surtur is Captain Marvel trapped as Carol Danvers; Fly is trapped by his drug abuse and insanity.

Where does the forum go now?

We are the abandoned and the lost, some of us have been here almost 20 years. We only get one life now...

Am I now the crappy TV version of Westworld with the backups destroyed, or Yul Brynner; who can say, will the site die tomorrow and all this be lost like tears in rain?

Thoughts?

^ This post deserves the Pulitzer, Nobel and two Purple Hearts. Bravo. *claps*

The 27th of this month will mark my 13th year here, though I didn't post much at all for the first year, but I've always played knowing I had one life. -survivor-

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Last edited by Robtard on Jul 13th, 2018 at 12:22 AM

Old Post Jul 13th, 2018 12:19 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

The only way something like that could be done is with magic... or activation codes. I'm sure Galan just got the time I joined with this account wrong.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2018 12:19 AM
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Re: KMC the end?

Originally posted by Robtard
^ This post deserves the Pulitzer, Nobel and two Purple Hearts. Bravo. *claps*

The 27th of this month will mark my 13th year here, though I didn't post much at all for the first year, but I've always played knowing I had one life. -survivor-
You are a Survivor mate and yes you always played with honour.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2018 12:23 AM
Impediment
Endless

The end has to come sometime.

Until then, I'll log on here and swap dick picks with BackFire for my viewing displeasure.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Jul 13th, 2018 12:24 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

the ability to skirt banning does not save this site, so your optimism is not warranted. unless instructions are stickied in every form, even then who's gonna bother? its over.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2018 12:26 AM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

I've been on this site for almost half my life. God I suck.

Bash, Imp, fist me extra hard as punishment tonight.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2018 12:27 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

One of these days I'm going to come here and it's going to be a 404, this is how I expect the end will come

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jul 13th, 2018 12:28 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snowdragon

Man, I've been around 13 years off and on........crazy.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2018 12:45 AM
snowdragon is currently offline Click here to Send snowdragon a Private Message Find more posts by snowdragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Whirly is the OP.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2018 12:53 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Somebody should figure out a way into Raz's account, appoint someone trustworthy with additional full admin powers (not the joke Raz played on Ush), and go from there.

It's not like Raz is going to care when he's resting in an urn. At worst his ashes blow from one side to the other.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2018 12:56 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote