Aquaman vs. Loki

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FrothByte
Aquaman is armed with his trident, Loki is armed with his scepter in Avengers. Both are in full armor. Loki is not allowed to use his illusions, energy blasts or mind control. Pure melee fight only. Fight takes place in a parking lot.

Which spear-wielding, green-armored, long-haired bad-boy prince comes out on top?

Bonus awards: Whom do you think women will flock to more in a bar?

Josh_Alexander
.......Loki.......

BruceSkywalker
Loki x 2

NemeBro
Aquaman. Faster, stronger, more durable.

playa1258
Aquaman.

Arachnid1
Aquaman without much trouble.

Surtur
Originally posted by FrothByte
Bonus awards: Whom do you think women will flock to more in a bar?

I don't know. I do know Loki looks like some sort of douche like preppy that indulges in date rape on occasion.

steverules_2
Aquaman, Loki's "fighting skills" weren't very impressive. Pretty sure he lost every melee fight he had apart from Cap which is ironic considering he's basically on par with Thor now. Only thing Aquaman was good at in Justice League was getting his ass kicked by Steppenwolf so Supes could look good but he showed some good melee feats.

FrothByte
Originally posted by steverules_2
Aquaman, Loki's "fighting skills" weren't very impressive. Pretty sure he lost every melee fight he had apart from Cap which is ironic considering he's basically on par with Thor now. Only thing Aquaman was good at in Justice League was getting his ass kicked by Steppenwolf so Supes could look good but he showed some good melee feats.

To be fair, the only opponents Aquaman defeated were parademons... whom Batman was able to defeat one on one. Loki at least defeated frost giants and dark elves.

Loki was also able to give Thor and Valkyrie a good fight despite losing, but at least it was a fair, one on one fight. Aquaman had help against Steppenwolf.

steverules_2
Yeah, even Flash beat some and he was tripping up facepalm

playa1258
Aquaman is strong enough to lift a submarine out of the ocean. This is not even close.

HulkIsHulk
Originally posted by playa1258
Aquaman is strong enough to lift a submarine out of the ocean. This is not even close.
Wait what?

Impediment
Originally posted by HulkIsHulk
Wait what?

Watch the trailer in the Aquaman thread.

Silent Master
Aquaman isn't out yet, so that feat doesn't count.

For why, How many times have scenes from trailers not made it into the actual movie.

Impediment
Originally posted by Silent Master

For why, How many times have scenes from trailers not made it into the actual movie.

It's still a damn good representation.

playa1258
So Thor destroying a planet in a trailer wouldn't count?

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Silent Master

Aslo hes likely multiple times stronger in the water.

BruceSkywalker
Aquaman is dumb.. He wasn't portrayed too smart in Justice League and that'll continue in his own film

NemeBro
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
Aquaman is dumb.. He wasn't portrayed too smart in Justice League and that'll continue in his own film You should relate to him then. thumb up

playa1258
Bruce describing himself.

He should give us all a spelling lessons.

Darth Thor
So Thor destroying a planet in a trailer wouldn't count?

Well if you remember Thanos actually did throw a planet in the IW teaser trailer. But thats not quite what happened in the film.

Heck there were completely made up shots of Hulk in the IW trailers.

That said, I doubt this is one of those cases. But there could still be context. The most likely being that hes much stronger in water.

playa1258
Which still makes it a good feat.

Darth Thor
Yes but not sure how that relates to a verses match if it takes place on the surface.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by NemeBro
You should relate to him then. thumb up

hell f7cking no... that be you...

Bruce describing himself.

He should give us all a spelling lessons.

you always describe yourself jackass.. at leas i come on here and have fun unlike a self describe punk like you

Kazenji
Typical KMC

using scenes from trailers.

playa1258
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
hell f7cking no... that be you...

you always describe yourself jackass.. at leas i come on here and have fun unlike a self describe punk like you You are beyond old at this point.

playa1258
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Well if you remember Thanos actually did throw a planet in the IW teaser trailer. But thats not quite what happened in the film.

Heck there were completely made up shots of Hulk in the IW trailers.

That said, I doubt this is one of those cases. But there could still be context. The most likely being that hes much stronger in water. That and he seems to be propelling himself. So that could help too.

KingD19
That and he seems to be propelling himself. So that could help too.

Thats no different than Superman flying with something heavy.

playa1258
I agree.

FrothByte
Originally posted by KingD19
Thats no different than Superman flying with something heavy.

Except that objects are usually easier to lift in water.

KingD19
Originally posted by FrothByte
Except that objects are usually easier to lift in water.

That's true to an extent. A submarine is far beyond that extent however as the largest subs ever built weigh around 48,000 tons, and anything in service to a military is at least in that weight class. Also submarines have complicated ballast systems to let it rise, float, and sink. Without that, it's just a big hunk of metal.

Are you trying to say Aquaman's feat of pushing an entire sub out of the bottom of the ocean is less impressive because it was in the ocean? The fact that it was under the waves already proves the ballast tanks are empty and it's at full weight.

quanchi112
Loki wins.

Silent Master
That is a lot of assumptions, that scene was at best a few seconds long and you don't even see the full sub, for all anyone knows he was pushing on a sub that was already surfacing.

NemeBro
More importantly, given that Aquaman has power over water it might be a feat shared between his brute strength and his hydrokinesis. We'll have to see.

Silent Master
Exactly, there has to be some context involved because he was pushing on the front end of the sub, that wouldn't lift the whole sub, it would only lift the part he was pushing on. So you would end up with a sub that is still underwater, just in a vertical position rather than horizontal.

Zack M
Originally posted by NemeBro
You should relate to him then. thumb up

laughing

Zack M
Seeing as they're using a bunch of scenes from the 52, I think it will be a legit feat. First we get AM jumping off a plane into the desert.

https://i.imgur.com/gcs4PPv.jpg

And now the submarine.

https://i.imgur.com/DUr7dkb.png

We'll see though.

FrothByte
Originally posted by KingD19
That's true to an extent. A submarine is far beyond that extent however as the largest subs ever built weigh around 48,000 tons, and anything in service to a military is at least in that weight class. Also submarines have complicated ballast systems to let it rise, float, and sink. Without that, it's just a big hunk of metal.

Are you trying to say Aquaman's feat of pushing an entire sub out of the bottom of the ocean is less impressive because it was in the ocean? The fact that it was under the waves already proves the ballast tanks are empty and it's at full weight.

I'm saying lifting an object in the water is not the same thing as lifting that object on land. The fact that it was underwater but not grounded in sand at the bottom of the ocean proves that it was still bouyant to a degree.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.