Which energy attack is more powerful?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage

Silent Master
Stop using that apostrophe, it f@#ks up the board.

h1a8
Whats the most durable things each damaged? We should base it off that.

If DDs HV is equal or greater than Supermans then it would definitely be greater than Thors lightning attacks.

Silent Master
@h1 Ok, I challenge you to a BZ, Thor's lightning vs Superman's HV. loser gets banned for 6 months.

h1a8

Silent Master
That's all you've got? Iron-man's laser has better feats than that and they couldn't even scratch a Levathian. the same ones that Thor one-shot with lightning.

KingD19
From Mjolnir, Stormbreaker/Jarnbjorn's much less powerful baby brother.

FrothByte
DD's HV doesn't have the feats to compete with Thor's lightning.

Silent Master
Originally posted by FrothByte
DD's HV doesn't have the feats to compete with Thor's lightning.

h1 is a massively biased fanboy troll.

Josh_Alexander
Thor would win

h1a8
Originally posted by Silent Master
That's all you've got? Iron-man's laser has better feats than that and they couldn't even scratch a Levathian. the same ones that Thor one-shot with lightning.

Post scenes displaying IM laser and scene displaying same laser not doing anything to Leviathan.

quanchi112

Silent Master
Originally posted by h1a8
Post scenes displaying IM laser and scene displaying same laser not doing anything to Leviathan.

IOW, you haven't seen the movies and thus have no idea what I'm talking about. so just to be clear, you're claiming that the scenes don't exist, right?

h1a8
IOW, you haven't seen the movies and thus have no idea what I'm talking about. so just to be clear, you're claiming that the scenes don't exist, right?

So you refuse to post the scenes?

Silent Master
Nope, I have them right here. I just wanted to make sure that everyone knew this was further proof that you've never seen the movies.

1:05

7bBxRf6g2pE

All the fight compilations vids seem to cut away right before the line. but it's the scene at 1:27. Iron-man asks Jarvis to find him a soft spot and Jarvus replies that he would drain his battery dry before making a scratch.

6-OXw-BZDCg

Darth Thor

erm

StiltmanFTW
Stop using that apostrophe, it f@#ks up the board.

thumb up

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by Darth Thor
erm

He's becoming ridiculous at this point. Spews his personal opinion in every thread as fact or "common sense", yet demands clips of things he should be aware of (because you don't need to "comb movies for feats" as he claims in order to know these things. Just need to actually watch them and pay attention while doing so) for every counter argument provided to him.

h1a8

h1a8
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
He's becoming ridiculous at this point. Spews his personal opinion in every thread as fact or "common sense", yet demands clips of things he should be aware of (because you don't need to "comb movies for feats" as he claims in order to know these things. Just need to actually watch them and pay attention while doing so) for every counter argument provided to him.

You actually do need to comb these movies for feats.
No one would remember details that small and irrelevant.
Silent clearly rewatched some scenes and took note.
You and Froth do this at times as well.

Silent Master
Unlike you, I have seen the movies and don't have the memory of a goldfish, thus I don't have to rewatch them or in your case, watch youtube clips for the first time for a debate.

FrothByte
You actually do need to comb these movies for feats.
No one would remember details that small and irrelevant.
Silent clearly rewatched some scenes and took note.
You and Froth do this at times as well.

Giving you the benefit of the doubt, the scene is during the Avengers fight. IM hits a leviathan with his laser and Jarvis informs him that he'll run out of power before he can get through the Leviathan's armor. Then a few scenes later Thor oneshots 2 leviathans and a bunch of other Chitauri sleds.

h1a8
Giving you the benefit of the doubt, the scene is during the Avengers fight. IM hits a leviathan with his laser and Jarvis informs him that he'll run out of power before he can get through the Leviathan's armor. Then a few scenes later Thor oneshots 2 leviathans and a bunch of other Chitauri sleds.

Thors lightning didnt damage the leviathans armor at all.
Thor simply electrocuted it.
The current traveled through the metal into the creature (metal is a conductor of electricity). Basically the feat is equivalent to damaging the inside of a large animal.

FrothByte
Thors lightning didnt damage the leviathans armor at all.
Thor simply electrocuted it.
The current traveled through the metal into the creature (metal is a conductor of electricity). Basically the feat is equivalent to damaging the inside of a large animal.

Oh please, can you stop making bullsh!t up? Thor's lightning was making the chitauri sleds explode on contact and was burning holes on the leviathans and eventually caused them to explode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sASg9aR8f2o

h1a8
Oh please, can you stop making bullsh!t up? Thor's lightning was making the chitauri sleds explode on contact and was burning holes on the leviathans and eventually caused them to explode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sASg9aR8f2o

Really?
You going to use a plot device as a standard feat. Thor used the building to achieve the feat.

Plus it appeared the belly that was damaged, not the metal.
In another scene, Thor electrocutes the leviathan without any damage to the metal.

FrothByte
Really?
You going to use a plot device as a standard feat. Thor used the building to achieve the feat.

Plus it appeared the belly that was damaged, not the metal.
In another scene, Thor electrocutes the leviathan without any damage to the metal.

Last I checked, a building's exterior doesn't amplify an electric current's voltage or ampere.

Anyway, you have clear proof in front of you where Thor's lightning burned holes through Leviathans and then made them explode. DD's HV has nothing as impressive.

h1a8

FrothByte
1. Let me correct my statement then: Superman's HV has nothing as impressive
2. A prolonged blast doesn't change the charge of his lightning. Besides, there was no stipulation in this match that says they can't use their powers for prolonged durations.
3.a What metal? Prove that leviathans are covered in metal
3.b Prove that the leviathan's belly is made of a different material than the rest of its outer body
3.c Thor's lightning made the leviathans explode which is still way more impressive than anything Superman has done.
3.d You were just proven completely wrong in your claim that Thor never damaged the leviathans but only electrocuted them.

h1a8
1. Let me correct my statement then: Superman's HV has nothing as impressive
2. A prolonged blast doesn't change the charge of his lightning. Besides, there was no stipulation in this match that says they can't use their powers for prolonged durations.
3.a What metal? Prove that leviathans are covered in metal
3.b Prove that the leviathan's belly is made of a different material than the rest of its outer body
3.c Thor's lightning made the leviathans explode which is still way more impressive than anything Superman has done.
3.d You were just proven completely wrong in your claim that Thor never damaged the leviathans but only electrocuted them.

2. It adds more energy which translates into more damage.
3. Their belly is exposed. Supermans hv has greater feat than IM laser. Therefore your logic about why Thors lightning is greater is faulty, assuming that the lightning busted up the metal. I never stated Thor didnt damage the leviathan. I stated he didnt damage the metal.

Silent Master
The belly being a weak spot is something that h1 just made up, remember that Iron-man asked Jarvis to find him a soft spot on the levathians. Jarvis responded.

http://transcripts.wikia.com/wiki/The_Avengers

Jarvis Sir, we will lose power before you cut through that shell.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/marvels_the_avengers/quotes/

Jarvis: We will lose power before you cut through that shell.

http://fullmovietext.com/1/avengers/37/puny-god

h1a8
The belly being a weak spot is something that h1 just made up, remember that Iron-man asked Jarvis to find him a soft spot on the levathians. Jarvis responded.

http://transcripts.wikia.com/wiki/The_Avengers

Jarvis Sir, we will lose power before you cut through that shell.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/marvels_the_avengers/quotes/

http://fullmovietext.com/1/avengers/37/puny-god

We clearly see IM laser hit the metal, not the flesh.
The metal was the shell that Jarvis was talking about. Like a clam shell (hard on the outside and soft on the inside.)

Silent Master
h1 trying this hard to low-ball the feat means that he basically concedes that it destroys his argument.

h1a8

Silent Master
h1 trying this hard to low-ball the feat means that he basically concedes that it destroys his argument.

FrothByte
2. It adds more energy which translates into more damage.
3. Their belly is exposed. Supermans hv has greater feat than IM laser. Therefore your logic about why Thors lightning is greater is faulty, assuming that the lightning busted up the metal. I never stated Thor didnt damage the leviathan. I stated he didnt damage the metal.

2. No, letting an electric current run up and down a building doesn't increase its energy.
3. Prove that their belly is exposed. From what is seen in that brief video, their bellies are still armored... plus Jarvis specifically did not mention the belly as a weak spot.

h1a8

Silent Master
Writer's intent, if the underside was meant to be vulnerable Jarvis would have mentioned it when Tony had him scan the leviathans for weak points

But go ahead, keep proving your hypocrisy by ignoring a clear example of writers intention.

FrothByte
The Hulk leviathan feat... does not show the underbelly being armorless. H1, please post a clip of your claims otherwise it didn't happen.

TheVaultDweller
So, H1 is once again spouting BS directly contradicted by the films? Not surprised. Last time he tried to claim the Leviathan armour was "light, flimsy and malleable" (even though this directly contradicts the beginning of Homecoming, as well as how Chitauri materials were shown to compare to conventional earth materials on Luke Cage s1).

There is literally nothing during that entire fight to suggest their undersides were extra vulnerable. If there was, Jarvis would have told IM, who asked him to find a "soft spot", which he couldn't, which resulted in moments like the "Jonah and the whale" sequence where Tony had to blow one up from the inside. And he would have relayed those messages to the others, who would also have started targeting the undersides.

Rage.Of.Olympus

h1a8

FrothByte
Stil waiting for h1 to post clips showing the underbelly being unarmored.

TheVaultDweller
Characters do and say stupid shit all the time in fiction. Doesnt mean anything. The metal shell is what IM struck. The flesh has no feats against the laser. Jarvis possibly didnt know about the underside. Jarvis calculated AFTER IM used the laser, not before. And the calculation was only about the SHELL (hence his words) and not the underside.

Post clear evidence of the Leviathan's flesh being exposed and unarmored underneath. Your shitty recollection of things doesn't cut it.

Edit: Now what a character says is "stupid shit" that "doesn't mean anything". Funny how character statements have now gone from undeniable fact when it suits you to meaningless shit when it doesn't. Next time you try and use a character statement as a feat, I will remember this.

Darth Thor
^ Next time? Have we all forgotten the million ton key, which totally counts as canon because Jimmy Olsen said so?

Jimmy is a more reliable source than Jarvis obviously.

h1a8
Originally posted by Darth Thor
^ Next time? Have we all forgotten the million ton key, which totally counts as canon because Jimmy Olsen said so?

Jimmy is a more reliable source than Jarvis obviously.

Basically posters were already stating it doesn't count because Jimmy isn't a reliable source. It already has happened.

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Post clear evidence of the Leviathan's flesh being exposed and unarmored underneath. Your shitty recollection of things doesn't cut it.

Edit: Now what a character says is "stupid shit" that "doesn't mean anything". Funny how character statements have now gone from undeniable fact when it suits you to meaningless shit when it doesn't. Next time you try and use a character statement as a feat, I will remember this.

The scene where it chases IM to where Banner is. In one of the cut scenes it shows it.

Jarvis has no way of knowing whether the laser can cut through the flesh.
He didn't know whether it can cut through the metal armor until after Tony tried. He calculated from there.

Also. IM damaged the flesh with unimpressive attacks. That would make the laser in that scene shitty wouldn't it?

Also you have to defeat all 4 of these points below. Not one or two.

1.IM laser feat does not match Supermans hv feat.
2. IM laser was clearly shown to hit the metal part.
3. Thor damaged the non metal part.
4. That was a plot device for Thor (using the building).

FrothByte
Basically posters were already stating it doesn't count because Jimmy isn't a reliable source. It already has happened.

The scene where it chases IM to where Banner is. In one of the cut scenes it shows it.

Jarvis has no way of knowing whether the laser can cut through the flesh.
He didn't know whether it can cut through the metal armor until after Tony tried. He calculated from there.

Also. IM damaged the flesh with unimpressive attacks. That would make the laser in that scene shitty wouldn't it?

Also you have to defeat all 4 of these points below. Not one or two.

4. That was a plot device for Thor (using the building).

Please post a clip where it shows the Leviathan's underbelly is not armored. If you can't post proof, we'll assume you're lying.

Also, until you can prove that the leviathan's armor is actually metal, please stop referring to it as "the metal part".

Silent Master

Doesn't matter, what matters is that you treated it as 100% true and basically called people trolls for disagreeing.

So your stance here proves who the real troll is.

h1a8
Please post a clip where it shows the Leviathan's underbelly is not armored. If you can't post proof, we'll assume you're lying.

Also, until you can prove that the leviathan's armor is actually metal, please stop referring to it as "the metal part".

http://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/x333/h1a8/Screenshot_20180810-165924_YouTube.jpg

FrothByte
http://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/x333/h1a8/Screenshot_20180810-165924_YouTube.jpg

Looks pretty heavily armored to me. I asked for proof that it wasn't armored like you claimed.

h1a8
Looks pretty heavily armored to me. I asked for proof that it wasn't armored like you claimed.

There is no armor there.
Watch the Hulk vs Leviathan scene. At 0:32 start watching. It's more clearer in motion.

But anyway
You have to defeat all 4 of these points below. Not one or two.

4. That was a plot device for Thor (using the building)

Silent Master
Explain in detail why you accept Jimmy Olsen's comments but not Jarvis's.

h1a8
Explain in detail why you accept Jimmy Olsen's comments but not Jarvis's.

I accept Jarvis and not Jimmy.
Jarvis was referring to the "shell"

It was an outlier for supergirl

FrothByte
There is no armor there.
Watch the Hulk vs Leviathan scene. At 0:32 start watching. It's more clearer in motion.

But anyway
You have to defeat all 4 of these points below. Not one or two.

4. That was a plot device for Thor (using the building)

Tell you what, once you've proven the underbelly is unarmored then I'll happily address your points. No use addressing them beforehand since points 2 and 3 rely heavily on your theory about the underbelly being unarmored.

So that said, where's your proof? You mentioned a timestamp yet I don't see you posting a clip? Where's your vid h1? Or do you admit that you were mistaken, since the pic you posted clearly shows the belly being heavily armored.

h1a8

Silent Master
I accept Jarvis and not Jimmy.
Jarvis was referring to the "shell"

It was an outlier for supergirl

The fact that you're calling it an outlier for Supergirl is proof that you're accepting Jimmy's word for the weight of the key. And if you accepted Jarvis' word you would admit that Leviathan had no weak points that could be damaged by Tony's weapons.

You're very clearly lying about who's word you're taking as true.

h1a8
The fact that you're calling it an outlier for Supergirl is proof that you're accepting Jimmy's word for the weight of the key. And if you accepted Jarvis' word you would admit that Leviathan had no weak points that could be damaged by Tony's weapons.

You're very clearly lying about who's word you're taking as true. I dont accept his word because if I did then it would count towards her strength. I dont accept that she could lift such a weight, especially casually. Therefore I donttrust Jimmys word.

Jarvis never said nor implied Tonys laser couldnt affect the underside.
And Tony easily busted through the leviathan when he entered it.
And Tonys laser only has one application.

Silent Master
If you don't accept Jimmy's word, why is it an outlier?

FrothByte
H1, just post the video then I'll address your points.

h1a8
If you don't accept Jimmy's word, why is it an outlier?

I spoke incorrectly.
It isnt an outlier if we do not except Jimmys word.
If we do then it is.

Silent Master
I spoke incorrectly.
It isnt an outlier if we do not except Jimmys word.
If we do then it is.

When did your opinion change, because in the thread in question you most certainly did accept Jimmy's word.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.