Weakest character who can tank this hit

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheVaultDweller
I happened to stumble across this gif on the one site and was like, "huh, you know, that hit was actually way harder than I initially remembered." I mean T'Challa flew like a 100 feet (if not more) and was literally full-on airborne for like 5 seconds.

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11135/111355169/6549447-6478519-black%2Bpanther%2Bstomped%2Bby%2Ba%2Brhino.gif

So, as the title says, weakest character who can tank it. And tank as in get up and dust themselves off immediately after landing, and then jump right back into the fight.

carthage
Luke Cage
Possibly Cable if he can get his shield up

TheVaultDweller
I think Cage could get up from the hit without lasting damage, but I don't see him tanking it completely. We'd actually have a way better idea of how it would go if they bothered showing the conclusion of his fight with Sowande in The Defenders. All we see is him being smashed by the garbage truck, and then next time we see him (about an hour or so later), he has a huge, shit-eating grin and Sowande tied up. If we knew how well he took that hit (was he dazed afterwards etc), it would give us a better idea IMO.

As things stand, I feel like he'd at least need a moment to collect himself and catch his breath, much like T'Challa did. Then again, even getting blown up only mostly annoys Cage at this point:

yE9o2projJs

Cable might have a legit shot with his shield though. It allowed him to shrug off a hit from the Juggernaut IIRC.

FrothByte
Drax.
Any Dwayne Johnson character.

TheVaultDweller
lol screw character. Dwayne Johnson himself just pulls this face and the rhino turns tail and runs:

https://flexoffense.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/The-Rock-Dwayne-Johnson-gym-9.jpg

On a random note, I love how this guy is so big at this point that his neck is basically wider than his head lol.

Silent Master
h1 probably thinks Baleman could tank it.

TheVaultDweller
One thing about that hit. Those 5 seconds in the air must really suck (though I imagine the initial hit also isn't exactly fun), because you know the landing is not going to be soft, yet there is jack shit you can do about it other than wait for the inevitable.

NotAllThatEvil
Do the characters get the suit?

TheVaultDweller
That would kind of defeat the purpose.

John Murdoch
Originally posted by FrothByte
Drax.
Any Dwayne Johnson character.

Great picks, Froth.Originally posted by carthage
Luke Cage
Possibly Cable if he can get his shield up

This was my initial go-to. As we were finishing the penultimate episode last night, my wife and I were having a fun time debating BP vs Bushmaster, and the thought of Luke taking the Rhino smash into the air came through my head. The impact is what makes me wonder how dazed/not dazed Luke would be, but the initial hit from the war rhino wouldn't be anything too tough for him to take, as between garbage trucks and explosives he's seen enough hits in his time. Season 2 of Cage has been fantastic, my favorite Netflix MCU season thus far.

Scoobless
Looks like a lot more than 100 feet, BP was basically a golf ball in that gif.

Spider-Man could probably take it ... and Deadpool (for different reasons, obviously)
If Cap took the hit on his shield I'm sure he would be mostly fine after the landing.

h1a8
Well the initial scene is inconsistent with the adjacent cut scene.
The initial scene shows the flight trajectory beyond the peak height. That means we can extrapolate and approximate, with good accuracy, how far away BP should land (between 100-140 ft).
The next cut scene probably REPLAYS most of the flight to emphasize the power behind the hit.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by Scoobless
Spider-Man could probably take it .

Which suit? Iron Spider could probably. Not sure about the regular or pajama suits. Shocker's hits had him shaky, and getting clipped by Giant-Man straight up put him out of the fight in CA:CW. Then again, MCU Giant-Man is actually very strong. He was able to casually pick up and swing a jet bridge with one hand, like a club, at War Machine. The same kind Pete strained to hold up with his entire body.

RAnpZHqmm-0

That's actually a good durability feat for Rhodey as well, tanking that punch.

HulkIsHulk
Shocker could send buses sliding and rolling with his hits though.

As for Giant Man, he was able to break of a plane being, knock back a plane when Vision staggered him, shove a bus with his foot so hard that after sliding away quite some distance it simultaneously hit and knocked away a semi truck and a pickup truck away some distance and yet still had had the momentum to split in half against Vision.
He also held War Machine against his will (and this armor could easily fly off with a semi truck trailer and smash it) and them threw him across the airport hard enough that Spidey also went flying and knocked bovervacsemi truck before he could stop his trajectory.

BruceSkywalker
Could the mountain from GOT tank it?

HulkIsHulk
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
May he's probably going to be in pieces. Even the undead one

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by HulkIsHulk
Shocker could send buses sliding and rolling with his hits though.

As for Giant Man, he was able to break of a plane being, knock back a plane when Vision staggered him, shove a bus with his foot so hard that after sliding away quite some distance it simultaneously hit and knocked away a semi truck and a pickup truck away some distance and yet still had had the momentum to split in half against Vision.
He also held War Machine against his will (and this armor could easily fly off with a semi truck trailer and smash it) and them threw him across the airport hard enough that Spidey also went flying and knocked bovervacsemi truck before he could stop his trajectory.

I could potentially see a multi-ton, vibranium-armored rhino running into a bus at full speed knocking it back as well. So, still kind of touch-and-go to me. Not saying he can't, but I am not totally convinced. At least in his regular suit. Now, Iron Spider armor should grant him the extra toughness he needs to make it a done deal.

As to Giant-Man, yeah, I already conceded that Scott might not be the best example, as he is in fact very, very strong. He could probably pick one of those rhinos up with one hand and toss them the same distance they knocked BP.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker

If you mean by tank, his head might still be mostly in on piece upon landing, then sure.

Seriously though, if one of those Sparrows could pierce his chest armor with a nailed club, a vibranium-armored rhino turns him into roadkill.

HulkIsHulk
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
I could potentially see a multi-ton, vibranium-armored rhino running into a bus at full speed knocking it back as well.
Or flip it over. I could see a rhino doing both, but maybe not to the extent Shocker did, and most definitely not simultaneously as he did. He even hit the bus Spidey was in so that it rolled away 30 feet approx

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by HulkIsHulk
Or flip it over. I could see a rhino doing both, but maybe not to the extent Shocker did, and most definitely not simultaneously as he did. He even hit the bus Spidey was in so that it rolled away 30 feet approx

Fair enough. Truth be told, I don't remember that scene 100% clearly (I only watched Homecoming once, in the cinema), so will take your word for it.

HulkIsHulk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6FpUczDDaQ

I'd say you better take a look, 'cause like you once said, I'm not that good at judging distance

As for watching Homecoming only once, I can't blame you. I watched it once and never wanted to watch it again.

h1a8

TheVaultDweller
lol there is a huge difference between not remembering the exact distance Shocker hit a bus and the shit you've forgotten in the past.

h1a8

John Murdoch
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
If you mean by tank, his head might still be mostly in on piece upon landing, then sure.

Seriously though, if one of those Sparrows could pierce his chest armor with a nailed club, a vibranium-armored rhino turns him into roadkill.

Can we petition to get this included in GoT season 8? That show has gone so far off the rails from what it was I don't see why not.

FrothByte
I don't think Spiderman can tank that it, not the way "tank" is defined in this thread. He'll survive it without any serious injury but he'll probably get winded for a bit. Iron Spider might be able to do it if he encages himself with his robo-arms.

Without going into the real heavy hitters, the ones that come to mind are Drax, Loki, Mr. Fantastic, maybe Angel Dust.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by FrothByte
I don't think Spiderman can tank that it, not the way "tank" is defined in this thread. He'll survive it without any serious injury but he'll probably get winded for a bit. Iron Spider might be able to do it if he encages himself with his robo-arms.

Without going into the real heavy hitters, the ones that come to mind are Drax, Loki, Mr. Fantastic, maybe Angel Dust.

I'm assuming you mean 2005/07 Mr Fantastic, because the latest version got straight-up KO'd by a headbutt from the Thing, whereas the previous version was actually pretty damn durable (could completely no-sell Ben punching through him to hit Johnny with enough force to send Johnny flying dozens of feet away, as well as getting pancaked into a concrete wall after being squashed by Ben and a vault door). In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if the rhino simply bounces off that version of Richards.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.