Asgardian Destroyer vs Current Hulk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

leonidas
maestro is in the armor again and hates that the new hulk thinks HE is the man. maestro comes back to end him. hulk as seen recently in the CHALLENGER avengers arc and beyond.

maestro in the armor almost killed the hulk once--can he do it again?

carver9
I dont care how much KMC pout about this but Hulk recently (hell, for the past 5 plus yrs) have displayed power that EASILY puts him above Herald level... how far up, who knows. Immortal Hulk could win this and if we are basing it off of the showing we seen against him in the suit vs current Hulk, I'm giving it to Hulk.

Mindship
When the Asgardian Destroyer first appeared, kicking the shik out of Thor, I would have given it a victory as well over the Hulk. But since then, especially in the last decade or so, overall I've found Hulk more impressive.

Damborgson
He incinerated the Hulk. Hulk is stronger now, but enough to catch up to the armor.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Mindship
When the Asgardian Destroyer first appeared, kicking the shik out of Thor, I would have given it a victory as well over the Hulk. But since then, especially in the last decade or so, overall I've found Hulk more impressive.
It still generally kicks the shiet out if everybody. Unless of course ure the Phoenix force.

carver9
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
It still generally kicks the shiet out if everybody. Unless of course ure the Phoenix force.

The Hulk does as well. smile

DarkSaint85
Or Mangog stick out tongue

leonidas
honestly i'm not sure. the jane thor destroyer had some good AND bad moments. assuming we leave the jane stuff aside i think i'd still take the destroyer here. it was carving (heh) hulk up in their earlier meeting. not sure this would be any different.... i have to think the challenger and the destroyer are relatively close in power level, and it seemed a po'd challenger didn't think much of hulk. lol

carver9
The Destroyer and Hulk fight... didnt that happen during the time Hulk was dying?

DarkSaint85
Go read Future Imperfect

carver9
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Go read Future Imperfect

I'll read it during my time. I'm surprised you're in this thread... you usually only show up when Hulk is fighting a DC character (or any DC character against a marvel character).

-K-M-
Originally posted by carver9
I'll read it during my time. I'm surprised you're in this thread... you usually only show up when Hulk is fighting a DC character (or any DC character against a marvel character).

http://gifimage.net/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/oooooo-gif-8.gif

StiltmanFTW
I'll read it during my time.

https://media.tenor.com/images/8335521e54722f2ac6501d90aed72102/tenor.gif

zopzop
The PF couldn't even handle the Scarlet Witch. Destroyer is a joke now. Hulk smashes.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by zopzop
Destroyer is a joke now. Hulk smashes.

And chews... don't forget how chewing through Destroyer is a surefire way to beat it.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by leonidas
honestly i'm not sure. the jane thor destroyer had some good AND bad moments. assuming we leave the jane stuff aside i think i'd still take the destroyer here. it was carving (heh) hulk up in their earlier meeting. not sure this would be any different.... i have to think the challenger and the destroyer are relatively close in power level, and it seemed a po'd challenger didn't think much of hulk. lol

When did Jane defeat the Destroyer?

leonidas
jane didn't defeat the destroyer.... confused in fact she was getting her sh!t pushed in by it.

StiltmanFTW
she was getting her sh!t pushed in by it.

Good God, leo.

I didn't know you were into stuff like that, you crazy old man.

haw-som

Sin I AM
jane didn't defeat the destroyer.... confused in fact she was getting her sh!t pushed in by it.

Misread your post. Sorry.

Damborgson
The Destroyer, powered by a fairly weakned Freya, which after readying it again I assume was meant to mean something given how Mangog brought it up as a factor, is who lost to Mangog.

The strongest Mangog of all time, supposedly. Then Jason Aaron shit the bed and had him die to a sun, which is why everything previous seemed less impressive.

But aside from that, the Destroyer is almost spotless in his record. He can carve Mjolnir, his disintegration ray can kill Thor and the like, tough as nails, hits like a ton of bricks, magic versatility aside from his blasts, etc. The Hulk is still outclassed.

Sin I AM
I dont think Marvel knows what to do with Hulk or Thor

carver9
Marvel is doing great with both tbh. What's wrong with them?

-K-M-
I really like what their doing with Immortal hulk, think it's what the character needed to go back to his horror roots.

leonidas
that's an interesting take. he was at one time an expression of the fear everyone had of nuclear weapons and uncontrolled science. but he has changed so often and had so many incarnations going back feels almost disingenuous at this point. i almost agree with sin--thor and hulk just feel really rudderless, and have felt that way now for....a few years.

celeyhyga17
Thor is almost Tony Stark like now a days, what with all the unique hammers for different situations. Not sure how to feel about that. mhmm

leonidas
sh!tty. you feel sh!tty about it. like any thor fan would. thumb up

celeyhyga17
I feel shiitty... I feel shiitty... I feel shiitty, witty, and....

Sin I AM
Marvel is doing great with both tbh. What's wrong with them?

Thor doesnt have any focus. He's just drifting from issue to issue without solving his inner problems. His ownage by Nick Fury has lasted way to long. And although i liked Jane he suffered for her to succeed. That's not how you treat legacy characters. They should have just killed him off again instead of forcing him and us to endure a mjolnir-less Thor.

Hulk has been the same...Pak destroyed the character. He's been all over characterization wise. Atleast he was dead during most of Chos nonsense but i think hes going the right direction now. With his solo series. More grounded. More horror inspired, edgy banter. It's a good take...

h1a8

celeyhyga17
Mangog is at least trans tier strong and and durable.

Adam Grimes
Isn't Mango at least more durable than Thanos, ie the top tier Trans?

celeyhyga17
Somewhere thereabouts.

Damborgson
Recent Mangog wasn't tougher than Thanos in my opinion.

Certainly stronger and more powerful but given how Thanos took a skydiving Mjolnir slam and Mangog took Mjolnir to the chin, Thanos came off looking harder to hurt to me.

carver9
Jane hit Thanos?

meep-meep
Originally posted by -K-M-
I really like what their doing with Immortal hulk, think it's what the character needed to go back to his horror roots.

I can't help but agree. The Hulk was a great anti villain. They should consistently have him be a Hyde type. Enough with the hero bs.

celeyhyga17
Jane hit Thanos?
Nope.

carver9
Nope.

Are you basing this off of Thor hitting Thanos in infinity?

celeyhyga17
Basing what? U asked if she hit him. I don't recall a time she did. Maybe during Secret Wars? Dunno...

Delta1938
maestro is in the armor again and hates that the new hulk thinks HE is the man. maestro comes back to end him. hulk as seen recently in the CHALLENGER avengers arc and beyond.

maestro in the armor almost killed the hulk once--can he do it again?

I'm sure this isn't the intent of the topic, but didn't Hulk win because the Destroyer saw them as the same person (since technically they were) and took Hulk in too and he won the..... whatever you want to call it? Unless I'm wrong about how it went, you didn't specify against it, so hypothetically it could happen again (but I can also see it not being Professor Hulk it not seeing them as the same)

Or is current Hulk not even Banner? I haven't caught up.

StiltmanFTW
Jane was hitting on Thanos.

thumb up

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Delta1938
Or is current Hulk not even Banner? I haven't caught up.

Cho is no longer the Hulk (he's still gamma green though, just lost his bulk and rage), Jen still calls herself the Hulk and looks like one for some reason (Jesus Christ), but yes, Banner is back and he is the Hulk.

Damborgson
Jennifer is disgusting now, and oddly enough Thor can't seem to stop making out with the Hulk.

It's been a strange trip.

Delta1938
I was going to thank Stilt. Now I'm flabbergasted by what Dam said. I'm afraid to learn the details.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Delta1938
I'm afraid to learn the details.

Rightfully so.

carver9
Basing what? U asked if she hit him. I don't recall a time she did. Maybe during Secret Wars? Dunno...

My bad... my post was in response to what Damborgson said. Disregard.

Damborgson
Ah, so you were being snarky. Tsk. Tsk.

No proof Jane hits harder than Thor Carv.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Damborgson
Ah, so you were being snarky. Tsk. Tsk.

No proof Jane hits harder than Thor Carv.

Didn't she tear through those adamantium-vibranium doors with her bare hands? As retarded as it was, it happened sad

While Thor was restrained by that organic shit resembling molded titanium and begged Logan to cut him free stick out tongue

Damborgson
With the help of Mjolnir pushing from the other side she forced the doors open.

She stalemated Hercules in an arm wrestling match, but was implied to be losing as she had had to shock him to keep on even ground.

That said, show me that ridiculous scene laughing out loud nothing surprises me anymore lol

StiltmanFTW
That said, show me that ridiculous scene laughing out loud nothing surprises me anymore lol

You mean Thor getting restrained? Don't have other scans on hand atm.

With the help of Mjolnir pushing from the other side she forced the doors open.

Yeah, I remember Mjolnir trying to get back to her. It was making dents in the doors though, wasn't it?

Ah, she forced them to open, didn't actually tear through them... good... but she still did some damage to the doors with just her fingers, iirc. Guess she practices with those a lot.

Damborgson
It was still a monster feat to even dent those doors yeah. It looked like a combination of Mjolnirs final push and her last ditch effort.

God I hate even bringing it up.

StiltmanFTW
And she still had her hands full with Silver Samurai (noob kid) of all people... laughing out loud

Logan beat him 3 times, lol. With minimal use of his claws.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Under Aaron, the Destroyer owned Jane, Gladiator and the Imperial Guard. Was blown away by the Phoenix Force (Undamaged). Lost to Mangog but Freya was weakened.

Maestro stomps Hulk.

carver9
It was still a monster feat to even dent those doors yeah. It looked like a combination of Mjolnirs final push and her last ditch effort.

God I hate even bringing it up.

You see her finger print in the door. She had a roll in the ft. Huge roll.

carver9
My bad... her hand is digging inside of it...

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11112/111120360/4273444-8688537758-p54_1.jpg
https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11112/111120360/4273445-5221223572-p54_1.jpg

StiltmanFTW
Yeah... ridiculous. Wtf Aaron was smoking, lol.

Do you have the scan of Dario Agger elaborating on the doors and their composition?

Rage.Of.Olympus
thumb up

She clearly bent the metal/door to some extent. You can even see her fingers digging in, warping the metal. And while she was transforming back to Jane. A really crazy strength feat.

carver9
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW

Do you have the scan of Dario Agger elaborating on the doors and their composition?

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11112/111120360/4273442-1247139117-p29_1.jpg

StiltmanFTW
Thanks, carv thumb up

Sin I AM
Hmmm didnt She Hulk stalemate Jane?

StiltmanFTW
Was she in her grey form at the time?

Damborgson
Yes, Jane was starting to get overwhelmed a bit.

StiltmanFTW
Yes, Jane was starting to get overwhelmed a bit.

Thor (Odinson) dodged a bullet by not being on the same team with Grey Jen laughing out loud She would've done worse things than just tonguing him when he's helpless.

DarkSaint85
Don't forget the meteor!!

Whilst I generally don't like bringing Jane down, to act like she was always at adamantium busting levels - when Aaron is now well known for not giving a shit about power levels - is a bit disingenuous.

Sin I AM
Was she in her grey form at the time?

Yea but her power levels have been going thru a flux all year. She outshined Odinson and iirc stalemated Jane but iirc Jane was trying to talk her down

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Sin I AM
iirc Jane was trying to talk her down
thumb up

Philosophía
The strongest Mangog of all time, supposedly. Then Jason Aaron shit the bed and had him die to a sun, which is why everything previous seemed less impressive.
Trolling aside, I don't think many, if any here have legitimately used it in an argument, unless they themselves got baited into doing it.

On the other hand, there's really been a shortage of Thor threads for a while. I can't even remember the last good debate involving Thor...

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Don't forget the meteor!!

Whilst I generally don't like bringing Jane down, to act like she was always at adamantium busting levels - when Aaron is now well known for not giving a shit about power levels - is a bit disingenuous.

Just finished re-reading Thor from Oeming's Avenger's Disassembled through JMS's Rebirth, Gillen, Fraction, and finally Aaron.

Took a few weeks. The fluctuations aren't extreme or even notable under any writers, even Aaron. That is the vs. board influence. The Sun thing is a contradiction within it's own story because of how confusing it is, but as far as battle boards are concerned, it's neglible. Unless it's Galactus, having the Sun as your line in the sand is irrelevant.

Btw: I'd easily argue that THOR was consistently Adamantium busting level throughout the entire run depending on what you consider Adamantium's durability maximum. Even when Jane stalemated an angry She-Hulk in the tie-in under Aaron, he clearly writes She-Hulk as a Hulk equal (10000% she'd stalemate her cousin. Do not do so would be SEXIST!!!! She was tearing into Celestial armor even after she shrunk in Avengers if you want to use canon instead of real-life politics)

I'll do a Jane Thor respect thread soon.

celeyhyga17
What happened to doing Unworthy/hammerless thor respect? Looks like ure the true Thordis phan round here.

Damborgson

Sin I AM
After rethought and consideration i dont mind the sun being a be all end all in 616. It's sorta like earth with it's plot armor you simply cant overcome it.

StiltmanFTW
What happened to doing Unworthy/hammerless thor respect? Looks like ure the true Thordis phan round here.

Cancer-ridden women make Rage adamantium-hard...

One Big Mob
Only here and there...I speak for myself there too though, Mangog lost a lot of his menace when he got crisped in the sun for me.

That said, I wouldn't mind that being a standard for non cosmic creatures, stars should be dangerous. Agreed. Just so long as we agree that Galactus kicks Mangog so hard his arms stay in place but his body is turned into projectile goo

One Big Mob

Do you have the scan of Dario Agger elaborating on the doors and their composition? Ms Marvel did the same sort of thing when she came back. OsbornE said Sentry and Ares together shouldn't do shit to it.

She still had trouble with Karla in the same arc.

celeyhyga17

https://media.giphy.com/media/ToMjGpCtQUrehpscg5a/giphy.gif

Rage.Of.Olympus

I have the scans in place, but I'm trying to think of an optimal way of arranging it. Otherwise, it'd just be me posting a bunch of Thor fights in alphabetical order.

His tenure was just so odd, and very different from classic Thor who had a very predictable pattern. Zaps lightning, hits with hammer, uses exotic attack, uses energy attack, punches them, tanks attack.

Rage.Of.Olympus

Sounds like a call to HR is in order.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.