apocalypse vs morg

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

leonidas
mmm

krisblaze
Apoc has an edge in versatility, but I usually give heralds a nod in powee output.

Apocalypse is bogged down by being an x-men opponent...though he looked absurdly strong against Thor.

leonidas
lol yeah, though being an x-men villain shouldn't be the anchor it once was given how they've been portrayed in recent years. apoc STILL gets a bit of a bad rap, but i def think he is in morg's class, as we saw with thor. not sure how this goes but i do think it is very far from cut-and-dried.

Pillow Biter
Apocalypse seems to be all over the place. It seems hard to place him.

Damborgson
Pretty much what Kris said. Morg would probably blow him apart eventually.

Philosophía
Let's put it this way - in a comic, I wouldn't be surprised if Apocalypse would overpower Silver Surfer, but I also wouldn't be surprised if he'd get cut in half by Terrax.

Eternal Idol
Apocalypse is an overhyped chump whose sole purpose is to resurrect and/or revamp characters, who inevitably turn on him.

Morg at his peak was taking on the rest of the heralds of Galactus.

krisblaze
Not winning though.

It is as Phil said. Apoc could go either way here.

Eternal Idol
Not winning against the heralds?

In their first encounter, Morg defeated the Silver Surfer, who went on to recruit Firelord, Terrax, Nova, and Air-Walker. Morg, amped by the Waters of Life, kicked all of their asses. He was killed by Terrax only after Galactus reclaimed his portion of the Power Cosmic, as punishment for killing Nova. Galactus later resurrected him, and he once again beat the crap out of Firelord and Air-Walker.

Insane Titan
Apoc wins against standard Morg

krisblaze
Originally posted by Eternal Idol
Not winning against the heralds?

In their first encounter, Morg defeated the Silver Surfer, who went on to recruit Firelord, Terrax, Nova, and Air-Walker. Morg, amped by the Waters of Life, kicked all of their asses. He was killed by Terrax only after Galactus reclaimed his portion of the Power Cosmic, as punishment for killing Nova. Galactus later resurrected him, and he once again beat the crap out of Firelord and Air-Walker.

WoL morg isnt here though...

Eternal Idol
Originally posted by krisblaze
WoL morg isnt here though...

No, but he did beat Surfer under his own power.

Apocalypse never really struck me as even a low-herald character. There's plenty of hype surrounding him, but I've always thought of him as a high-meta.

krisblaze
How so?

Insane Titan
How so? a lot of ppl ignore context to Apocs so called defeats.

zopzop
Originally posted by Insane Titan
a lot of ppl ignore context to Apocs so called defeats.
Yup. But IMHO, Morg would win in a close fight. He's definitely Surfer level but far more brutal.

Stoic
Morg's latest showing had him in possession of the WOL , so I'm thinking that this is the level of power being used here? If so he defeats Apoc. Handily imo.

Insane Titan

Philosophía
Apocalypse.

krisblaze
Originally posted by Eternal Idol
No, but he did beat Surfer under his own power.

Apocalypse never really struck me as even a low-herald character. There's plenty of hype surrounding him, but I've always thought of him as a high-meta.
Still curious as to why you'd claim that Apocalypse isn't even high meta.
He's got so many cases of one-shotting high metas even when depowered.

Stoic
Apocalypse is definitely High Herald, perhaps even low Trans, but Morg's power output at his most powerful was greater. I'm not sure how effective Apoc's TP and TK would be against one that is touched by Galactus, as all Herald's are given a level of immunity by him. Rethinking it, I doubt that it would be easy, but I'd give Morg a slight edge.

krisblaze
Apocalypse has always been firmly rooted in low/mid herald by Naye Grey.

Stoic
Apocalypse has always been firmly rooted in low/mid herald by Naye Grey.

Then how would he be a challenge to Morg? I mean he took on a combined assault composed of some pretty powerful characters. Apoc manhandled Thor, which gave me the impression that he was well above that level..

Wonder Man
Apocalypse himself said he seeks death. If he drags his opponent to death of them both...he would resurge into a crystal form.
Probably the only one who can beat Apocalypse is Cyttorak.

Insane Titan
Originally posted by Stoic
Then how would he be a challenge to Morg? I mean he took on a combined assault composed of some pretty powerful characters. Apoc manhandled Thor, which gave me the impression that he was well above that level.. Morg is around mid herald on average , only Morg with the WOL is beyond that.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.